Duels in TCW / Rebels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McP
I think, that TCW had a great potential for many interesting duels, but the creators failed at that point. We could seen many duels between Kenobi and Grievous, Ventress and Anakin and Obi-Wan, Anakin and Dooku and even Obi-Wan and Maul. For me, it was a bit boring (but the duels were cool though).

I also feel, that Rebels are going the same way: Grand Inquisitor against Kanan and Ezra, then 7th Sis and 5th Bro. And even Vader.

So, my questions are:
1. Duels between which characters you always wanted to see in TCW?
2. Duels between which characters you want to see in next seasons of Rebels?

BazookaMaster
Question one:
- Mace Windu vs. Maul and Opress
- Kit Fisto vs. Savage Opress
- Dooku vs. Maul

Nephthys
Vader and Maul.

Kurk
Anything with Pong Krell
Mace vs Dooku
Maul vs Dooku
Anakin vs Grievous
Tano vs Savage
Anakin + Tano vs Dooku

Rebels:
Maul vs Vader

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Nephthys
Vader and Maul.

Jmanghan
Obi-Wan vs Dooku

It just seems weird that Kenobi never got a 1-on-1 fight with him after AOTC.

Kurk
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Obi-Wan vs Dooku

It just seems weird that Kenobi never got a 1-on-1 fight with him after AOTC.
That's because he would have died if they did lol

DarthAnt66
Vader and Maul.

Syndicate
Vader and Maul.

carthage
I'd love for them for Vader to kill off Quinlan Vos on some planet after Order 66, maybe along the same time period as when RODV came out in Legends.

Maybe Bariss makes some sort of reemergence after the rise of the Empire similarly to Ahsoka and helps the Rebels out. But other than that definitely Vader vs. Maul for closure

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kurk
That's because he would have died if they did lol Everyone used to say the same about Anakin.

When I first joined KMC in 2013, eveyone, and I mean EVERYONE was saying that Anakin was amped when he fought Dooku in ROTS, or that he was in a state of Oneness.

Now people try to make excuses for Anakin's showing against Kenobi, as if Kenobi was somehow losing, and that Anakin was hindered somehow.

FreshestSlice
You mean like the novel actually says? Surprise. People know how to read now.

|King Joker|
1. Ahsoka vs. Maul, Ahsoka vs. Dooku, Maul vs. Dooku, Windu vs. Dooku, Luminara vs. Ventress (rematch), Ventress vs. Maul (1v1)
2. Vader vs. Maul

Kurk
Everyone used to say the same about Anakin.

When I first joined KMC in 2013, eveyone, and I mean EVERYONE was saying that Anakin was amped when he fought Dooku in ROTS, or that he was in a state of Oneness.

Now people try to make excuses for Anakin's showing against Kenobi, as if Kenobi was somehow losing, and that Anakin was hindered somehow.
He was in a state of oneness. In their one duel in TCW, Kenobi got pwned while fighting Dooku with Anakin. Why would you think he'd fare better by himself?

Jmanghan
He was in a state of oneness. In their one duel in TCW, Kenobi got pwned while fighting Dooku with Anakin. Why would you think he'd fare better by himself? Because they're the worst team ever.

They don't work remotely well together, and usually do better on their own. (In sabers. Obviously not in force)

Jmanghan
I wanted to see Anakin vs Maul in TCW.

Syndicate
I wanted to see Anakin vs Maul in TCW.

Me too.

|King Joker|
I wanted to see Anakin vs Maul in TCW. Forgot about that one thumb up

chingchangwalla
Pong Krell's ability in 1v1 combat needs to be addressed. He was probably the best blaster deflector I've ever seen and was great with the force, but I highly doubt he's this good against another duelist.

SunRazer
We missed Dooku vs Maul, Anakin vs Maul, etc. in TCW.

chingchangwalla
Maul vs Anakin would've certainly been a stalemate, to show how powerful Maul is and to show that Anakin is improving.

Rebel95
Vader vs Maul definitely

Darth Thor
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Maul vs Anakin would've certainly been a stalemate, to show how powerful Maul is and to show that Anakin is improving.

Nah Anakin's been greater than Maul since Maul's revival. He would have had the definite advantage over TCW Maul.

cs_zoltan
Windu vs practically anyone. The dude doesn't have a single non-circumstantial, prime, conclusive duel.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Windu vs practically anyone. The dude doesn't have a single non-circumstantial, prime, conclusive duel. thumb up

chingchangwalla
Windu vs practically anyone. The dude doesn't have a single non-circumstantial, prime, conclusive duel.

Agreed. It's disgusting how little he was used in combat in TCW

Beniboybling
Windu vs practically anyone. The dude doesn't have a single non-circumstantial, prime, conclusive duel. thumb up

Darth Thor
Agreed. It's disgusting how little he was used in combat in TCW

Depends how the creators of TCW see his power level. Their argument could be, that he like Yoda and Sidious is so much above the other Jedi/Sith that it was hard for them to use him too much.

Beniboybling
Would have been nice to see more of his fight with Talzin tbh. But other than that, yeah, there aren't many opportunities.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah that was annoying, showing Jar Jar's antics over most of that fight.

cs_zoltan
He could've been tagged by a Grievous & Ventress duo in early TCW and stomped them or something, if that'd be their argument.

Darth Thor
^ True they should have showed something to show us his power level.

Beniboybling
He could've been tagged by a Grievous & Ventress duo in early TCW and stomped them or something, if that'd be their argument. Yeah some variation from them vs. Anakin & Kenobi would have been nice.

quanchi112
Windu was at the top. Beating Sidious solidifies that. Deal with it.

The_Tempest

👍👍👍👍👍

Windu/Dooku should have happened.

NTJack0
Originally posted by quanchi112
Windu was at the top. Beating Sidious solidifies that. Deal with it. http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Jameson-Laughing-Gif-12.gif

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The_Tempest
👍👍👍👍👍

Windu/Dooku should have happened.

It's a real shame because we would have actually got that in the S6 episode "The Disappeared Part 2", where Dooku was supposed to be the big villain behind it all. But last minute they decided collecting Force powers didn't really suit his personality, and replaced him with Mother Talzin.

That would have really cleared up a few things about Windu's power level. Plus just would have been nice to see those 2 go at it.

Emperordmb
With that in mind I would've loved to see Windu smack around peak Vos in a duel.

The_Tempest
I doubt that would happen. The Force exists to serve Dooku and yet Vos was too unpredictable for even him. Windu doesn't stand a chance.

McP
For me:

TCW:

- Anakin vs Grievous wouldn't be a good choice, since in ROTS it was suggested, that Anakin never met him before.
- Dooku vs Mace would be my fav
- Maul vs Anakin
- Maul vs Dooku or Mace
- More fights with Jedi Masters, like Tiin, Kolar, Koon, Mundi, Ti, etc. against Grievous or Maul or Ventress (Grievous vs Koth and Fisto were great, so I'd like to see Koon in action most)

Rebels:
- Maul vs Vader - must be
- Kanan or Ezra vs some dark Jedi like Barris
- Vader killing Jedi that could be alive, like Eeth Koth etc
- Barris vs Ahsoka - final fight perhaps

ILS
Yoda and Mace Windu sparring

Pong Krell vs someone

Maul vs someone not called Obi-Wan

Quinlan Vos vs Ahsoka

DarthAnt66
In canon, I'm pretty sure Windu = Yoda in sabers.

Darth Thor
It's possible tbh.

Petrus
Windu vs. Dooku
Dooku vs. Maul
Maul vs. Anakin
Ahsoka vs. Maul
Pong Krell vs. a protag
Windu vs. Maul
Savage vs. Windu
Yoda vs. Dooku rematch
Yoda vs. Maul and Savage

Maul vs. Vader
Ahsoka vs. Maul rematch
Captain REX vs. Commander Cody
Ezra vs. Maul
Vader vs. Kanan and Ezra

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Petrus
Ezra vs. Maul
mmm

Petrus
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
mmm

What

quanchi112
Originally posted by NTJack0
http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Jameson-Laughing-Gif-12.gif Denial. We see he won fair and square. Lucas also backed this.

Jmanghan
Saesee Tiin vs.. someone, anyone.

cs_zoltan
mmm

You know Maul'd lose.

Jmanghan
Pong Krell's ability in 1v1 combat needs to be addressed. He was probably the best blaster deflector I've ever seen and was great with the force, but I highly doubt he's this good against another duelist. He's basically Grievous, with the force.

I think he'd be awesome in a duel.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by McP
I think, that TCW had a great potential for many interesting duels, but the creators failed at that point. We could seen many duels between Kenobi and Grievous, Ventress and Anakin and Obi-Wan, Anakin and Dooku and even Obi-Wan and Maul. For me, it was a bit boring (but the duels were cool though).

Agreed. That's one reason I prefer the Dark Horse comics and novels. They had far more variety.

McP
In canon, I'm pretty sure Windu = Yoda in sabers.

Except that it was clearly stated, that he's second only to Yoda in the Order, during AotC (in terms of dueling)

cs_zoltan
Nah, Windu > Yoda (and Anakin).

http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11122/111226069/4928306-4905263-7253167931-48958.png

Get rekt.

Darth Thor
So Mace is the better General out on the battlefield. But Yoda is still the most powerful Jedi combatant. So suck it

quanchi112
Yoda is more powerful but that doesn't mean superior in combat. We see how well Yoda did with his power against Sidious as opposed to Windu who actually overpowered him. Sidious pleaded for his life against Windu.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
So Mace is the better General out on the battlefield. But Yoda is still the most powerful Jedi combatant. So suck it

Greatest warrior erm

quanchi112
Greatest warrior erm thumb up

Darth Thor
Greatest warrior erm

Greatest "Battlefield" "General + Warrior"

That means he's better out fighting in the war. Doesn't mean he can take Yoda in a Saber/Tk fight 1v1, who according to the same source is:

"Perhaps the Greatest Master of the Force Ever"

"One of the Most Powerful and Respected Jedi in History"

"Master of ALL Lightsaber fighting styles"

quanchi112
Yoda failed against Sidious. Windu prevailed. Facts matter not just accolades. It's like saying the Warriors win on paper against the Cavs except they failed and lost.

cs_zoltan
"Perhaps the Greatest Master of the Force Ever"

Perhaps.

"One of the Most Powerful and Respected Jedi in History"

"Master of ALL Lightsaber fighting styles"

So is Windu, on both accounts.

Darth Thor
Perhaps.

Well it is All of History. If Windu was his superior there would be no perhaps about it.

That's mastery of the force. He's also mastered every Saber form, so where could Mace possibly have the advantage in a 1 v 1?

So is Windu, on both accounts.

Source?

Also being the "Councils" greatest technically doesn't even make him better than Skywalker, unless you count the 2 days he was put on the council to spy on Palpatine.

quanchi112
D. Thor is biased and already has his mind made up despite the facts shitting all over his narrow minded views.

Petrus
Yeah Windu isn't superior to Yoda.

chingchangwalla
Yoda = More experience, better combative force use as well as all that meditation bullshit, better augmentation and IMO Yoda takes pure saber skill by a hair

Darth Thor
IMO Yoda takes pure saber skill by a hair

thumb up

Yep but All-Out Yoda would take it solidly.

quanchi112
Yeah Windu isn't superior to Yoda. I go with Windu since he did better than Yoda and has no low moments. Yoda is more powerful but Windu is the better combatant.

Kurk
We're seriously debating Windu vs Yoda?

quanchi112
We're seriously debating Windu vs Yoda? If you're too closed minded to think otherwise then you're not able to be reached. We debate based off evidence not your pre conceived notion of who wins.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yoda beats Windu.

How do you like that, Quan? smile

Kurk
If you're too closed minded to think otherwise then you're not able to be reached. We debate based off evidence not your pre conceived notion of who wins.
When did you become a master of using evidence to justify your arguments?

Windu was losing to Sidious until he sunk into pissed-off-vaapad amp mode (as shown when Sidious thrusted his saber to his chest but didn't kill); only then did he stalemate him. Mace obviously wouldn't receive the same amp from fighting Yoda, so we can assume this is just a standard Mace who would've lost to Sidious.

Then there is style; Vaapad relies on broad, powerful strikes to overcome the enemy. The last thing you want to do with Yoda is try to go head on against him in an effort to overpower him because it simply won't work against one his size.

There is nothing Mace possesses that Yoda doesn't already know how to counter because of his mastery of every form.

quanchi112
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yoda beats Windu.

How do you like that, Quan? smile Well Yoda failed to even best Dooku and considering the galaxy was at stake I don't like it at all.

quanchi112

Windu was losing to Sidious until he sunk into pissed-off-vaapad amp mode (as shown when Sidious thrusted his saber to his chest but didn't kill); only then did he stalemate him. Mace obviously wouldn't receive the same amp from fighting Yoda, so we can assume this is just a standard Mace who would've lost to Sidious.

Then there is style; Vaapad relies on broad, powerful strikes to overcome the enemy. The last thing you want to do with Yoda is try to go head on against him in an effort to overpower him because it simply won't work against one his size.

There is nothing Mace possesses that Yoda doesn't already know how to counter because of his mastery of every form. Windu won based off abilities and none of that was addressed in the film. None of it.

You've based your entire opinion around this ridiculous notion. Yoda also didn't overpower Dooku despite a vast power and supposed skill advantage. Pretend Yoda is the best all you want the evidence simply doesn't support it.

Darth Thor
We're seriously debating Windu vs Yoda?

Zoltan actually started it this time!

There is nothing Mace possesses that Yoda doesn't already know how to counter because of his mastery of every form.

thumb up

Spot on. There's literally no advantage Mace has over Yoda.

cs_zoltan
Zoltan actually started it this time!

I was debating the possibility of Windu being a Yoda tier combatant in strictly canon only...

Petrus
Obi-Wan > Dooku > Windu > Yoda. smile

Darth Thor
I was debating the possibility of Windu being a Yoda tier combatant in strictly canon only...

Yoda tier in Saber combat possibly. I still think he'd struggle more against Yoda than Palpatine going by Kurk's point.

I was just saying who people can blame for starting the current MACE >>> YODA nonsense. But to be fair no one else can be accountable for Quanchi's Trolling.

quanchi112
Yoda tier in Saber combat possibly. I still think he'd struggle more against Yoda than Palpatine going by Kurk's point.

I was just saying who people can blame for starting the current MACE >>> YODA nonsense. But to be fair no one else can be accountable for Quanchi's Trolling. Except the evidence which supports Windu's flawless Jedi one on one record unlike Yoda or Palpatine. Windu is at the top despite hyperbolic statements which aren't really proof of anything. Anakin was touted as the possible best down the line but even before then he fell to a fella named Kenobi.

quanchi112
Obi-Wan > Dooku > Windu > Yoda. smile Based on ?

Petrus
Based on ?

Basically everything we've seen on SW so far?

Darth Thor
^ And pretty much all Accolades confirm this when it comes to The Force, Sabers and just Overall Power.

Question? Was Yoda even known for Battlefield Warfare?

quanchi112
Basically everything we've seen on SW so far? Absurd.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.