Namor vs Cyborg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
DCNU JLA Cyborg vs Namor.

No bfr in this match. Who is winning?

riv6672
I'll say it: Namor wins.

EcstaticGrace
There's alot of factors to consider. Standard versions I'd say Namor wins though cause I don't think Cyborg will get as lethal as he needs to be and I see Namor still being his physical better maybe slightly given the Cyborg/Shazam scuffle.

riv6672
So we agree, then. Namor FTW. thumb up

shadowknight
Namor wins 9/10

riv6672
Yes he does.

StiltmanFTW
Cyborg does have a few decent tricks, but Namor should take it.

riv6672
Yes he should.

marwash22
Cyborg.

Even if Namor can get close, what's he gonna do to him, detroy his body?

cool, Cyborg regenerates.

riv6672
Yeah, destroy his body sounds good.

marwash22
for a Namor fan, i bet it does sound good... how feasible it actually is, though, is another story. Even if Namor manages to close the distance after being bombarded with all sorts of energy, like i said, Cyborg can regenerate his entire body in seconds.

that in mind, explain how Namor wins this.

riv6672
Explain why Cyborg hasnt wiped out every villain in the DCu. He's quite obviously unbeatable.

marwash22
Me: "Cyborg has weapons that keep Namor at distance and can regenerate if Namor does manage to do damage to him."

You: "Cyborg is the strongest character in comics"

no expression

that's quite the leap in logic you made there.

riv6672
Thanks.

marwash22
Oh, so you're not actually interested in debating this topic.

No problem.

riv6672
I thought the same.

And the same.

leonidas
but he doesn't have to destroy his body, he just needs to ko him.... are you saying you don't think vic can be ko'd?

ghostman
cyborg can bust solar systems get the **** outta here

Sin I AM
Good fight. I like em both. Has vic got any new upgrades

Delta1938
Originally posted by marwash22
Oh, so you're not actually interested in debating this topic.

No problem.

He's more interested in saying who he thinks would win, repeatedly, than debating.

Originally posted by marwash22
for a Namor fan, i bet it does sound good... how feasible it actually is, though, is another story. Even if Namor manages to close the distance after being bombarded with all sorts of energy, like i said, Cyborg can regenerate his entire body in seconds.

that in mind, explain how Namor wins this.

Originally posted by ghostman
cyborg can bust solar systems get the **** outta here

Since when could Cyborg regenerate his body in seconds and bust solar systems? eek!

marwash22
Not cosigning the solar system nonsense, but he's been able to regen since darkseid war.

riv6672
Originally posted by Delta1938
He's more interested in saying who he thinks would win, repeatedly, than debating.
When the response is going to be: "he regenerates", why bother?

Notice he didn't respond (but now probably will, since i'm pointing out what he was going to do/hasnt done) to Leonidas' point about a KO being sufficient to get a win here.

Replace "he regenerates" with "penance stare" "speed blitz" "vibranium suit cant be pierced" "battle computer figures out all ways to win" etc., and you have a pretty boring at best, frustrating at worst, one sided debate.

I can do without either.
I can do without either.
I can do without either. thumb up stick out tongue

Delta1938
Originally posted by riv6672
When the response is going to be: "he regenerates", why bother?

Notice he didn't respond (but now probably will, since i'm pointing out what he was going to do/hasnt done) to Leonidas' point about a KO being sufficient to get a win here.

Replace "he regenerates" with "penance stare" "speed blitz" "vibranium suit cant be pierced" "battle computer figures out all ways to win" etc., and you have a pretty boring at best, frustrating at worst, one sided debate.

I can do without either.
I can do without either.
I can do without either. thumb up stick out tongue

I was talking in general, but you make him sound like a math-free version of H1 so.....I don't blame you!!! eek!

riv6672
I usually dont have the time to commit to a full blown debate, sadly.
And when i do, it usually involves characters no one gives a ahit about.

-shrug-

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Good fight. I like em both. Has vic got any new upgrades

His last upgrade allows him to apparently morph his body to a more human design, he can apparently make Shazam bleed with a punch.

He was suggested to have sonics that can kill Superman in 8 seconds

Other then that I'm not sure much has changed he can still leap across a city, fly, shoot energy blast.

I'm not sure anyone was suggesting he can bust a solar system which I would doubt but he did destroy a digital Universe by hacking of course.

He survived Power Ring's blast preupgrade that was able to be seen from space.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
His last upgrade allows him to apparently morph his body to a more human design, he can apparently make Shazam bleed with a punch.

He was suggested to have sonics that can kill Superman in 8 seconds

Other then that I'm not sure much has changed he can still leap across a city, fly, shoot energy blast.

I'm not sure anyone was suggesting he can bust a solar system which I would doubt but he did destroy a digital Universe by hacking of course.

He survived Power Ring's blast preupgrade that was able to be seen from space.

Cool. Vic always came off as a "Beast" type character. Great powerset and abilities but ra raren't shines on combat unless it's against fodder.

Genii96
namor every time

EcstaticGrace
Yeah he's hardly placed on the front lines, I personally get given he's the tech character but it's always nice to see him actually do something.

Here's some stuff though

https://comicnewbies.com/2016/03/23/cyborg-vs-shazam/
https://comicnewbies.com/2016/03/23/cyborgs-secret/
https://comicnewbies.com/2016/03/23/how-cyborg-can-kill-superman/

There's also blasting a crater into Parasite and Breaking down a door Lex Luthor and Bizarro (Early Birthed) couldn't

Sin I AM
Yeah he's hardly placed on the front lines, I personally get given he's the tech character but it's always nice to see him actually do something.

Here's some stuff though

There's also blasting a crater into Parasite and Breaking down a door Lex Luthor and Bizarro (Early Birthed) couldn't

Nice lip service..especially the sonics discussion. I kinda rolled my eyes though when he said it. I hope to actually see it one day

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Nice lip service..especially the sonics discussion. I kinda rolled my eyes though when he said it. I hope to actually see it one day

I feel like the writer at most just wanted to suggest Cyborg was Powerful and in his own way can take down Superman. They're obviously not going to show Superman being killed by Cyborg but the closes thing we have his Cyborg's sonics like 2 upgrades in the past hurting Cheetah Superman and Aquaman.

Delta1938

Here's some stuff though

The fight against Shazam? Wut? Is this a high or what? Regardless, I'm impressed. Never saw Cyborg doing that.

EcstaticGrace
The fight against Shazam? Wut? Is this a high or what? Regardless, I'm impressed. Never saw Cyborg doing that.
Yeah Walker obviously held him to a high regard physical wise, curious to see if that continues with the new writer.

Cyborg's best chance with most powerhouses still in my opinion is to keep distance.

riv6672
^^^Agreed.

LOL at the sonics bit, too.

marwash22
I was talking in general, but you make him sound like a math-free version of H1 so.....I don't blame you!!! eek! i'm not sure why he's talking to me like we have some sort of history. This is literally the first time i've talked to him on this forum.

anyhow, i didn't respond to the ko argument before, because Cyborg spamming various types of energy at Namor wasn't addressed.

Not sure why i should address the second thing in a sequence of events when the first thing hasn't been resolved yet.

riv6672
Nice to meetcha. cool

marwash22
you in the mood to talk about this match?

ghostman

Since when could Cyborg regenerate his body in seconds and bust solar systems? eek!

wtf youve never read emergency on limited earths? first catastrophe? go read those

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.