Empire's Wrath speculation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
Jedi Master Wyellett and his apprentice Jedi Knight Xerender defeated Darth Baras and took his lightsaber in the Great Galactic War, before becoming much more powerful:

During the GGW, Master Wyellett was a peer of Jaric Kaedan, Tol Braga, Syo Bakarn and Satele Shan:

Jedi Master Wyellett's powers became much stronger after the war and his defeat of Darth Baras:

The Empire's Wrath defeated Jedi Master Wyellett and his apprentice Jedi Knight Xerender, faster than a cave-in could bury the Wrath:

Darth Ekkage, Darth Baras' sister, was one of the greatest Sith Assassins to ever live and could've single-handedly ended the Great Galactic War:

Darth Ekkage can kill Lord Melicoste with a flick of her wrist:

Darth Ekkage is the greatest foe the Wrath had ever faced, moreso than Master Nomen Karr and Master Wyellett:

The Wrath is stronger than Darth Ekkage:

Darth Baras is near-indestructible:

The Wrath ruins Darth Baras in a fierce duel, despite this:

As of the Dread War, the Wrath had become stronger:

The Dread Masters consider the Wrath powerful enough to be their sixth member, a 'Scion of Terror' to make them strong again:

"Our union requires a sixth."

To be a Dread Master is to be one of the most powerful Sith in the galaxy:

By the Revanite War, the Empire's Wrath has become the most important Sith in the empire:

Arcann considers the Wrath the most formidable Sith in the galaxy, with Darth Marr stood right behind them:

What do you think? Is the Wrath actually the most powerful protagonist of all? Debate!

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah.

Hero is the posterboy.

AncientPower
Posterboy =\= most powerful, killing three extremely powerful Sith and Jedi and only getting ever more powerful is probably the most insane featswise of any vanilla storyline.

chingchangwalla
I want him to be but nah sad

Syndicate
Raised my respect for yet another character AP. Always enjoy your work.

Petrus
He's more formidable than I previously thought, but still not ranking him above Nox, 'Thor or HoT.

NewGuy01
I'm of the opinion that all of the protagonists were equal in their own right pre-KOTFE.

Petrus
Eh, I'm more impressed by others. Not saying he's weak at all, just doesn't impress me as much.

ares834
HoT >= Wrath > Nox >= 'Thor

yes

Petrus
Nah, Wrath isn't above Nox.

ares834
Well who can argue against that? thumb up

Beniboybling
Strong but not as strong as Ahsoka, yeah.

Petrus
Originally posted by ares834
Well who can argue against that? thumb up

Yeah, Wrath isn't dominating Thanaton-level opponents like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XND2wemqChE

Zenwolf
Feel like TOR might be trying too hard tbh.

Beniboybling
thumb up

Petrus
That's no newsflash tbh.

Nephthys
Compared to the PT's influx of "the bestest ever!" stuff? Hardly.

Zenwolf
A point, but it still doesn't change the fact. Overusing the same words just makes it deluded by a certain point.

DarthAnt66
I made a respect thread for the Wrath. It's pretty good.

Beniboybling
My opinion of the protags has gone down since they were thrashed by Arcann tbh.

Nephthys
Arcann in underrated. He's supposed to be above Jedi and Sith entirely, on another level. You should be rating him higher, not them lower.

Plus the Outlander was still coming off the effects of the carbonite freezing (plus electrocution). They're never shown actually recovering from that and its only a few days between the rescue and the fight. They still did manage to tag him with blaster shots multiple times/force push him and press him in sabers.

DarthAnt66
Neph, are you really trying to argue Arcann can't ragdoll the HoT when he does it, like, half-a-dozen times in the span of just two fights? erm

If the protags were Dooku level, Revan and Arcann would be Yoda level, and that doesn't make sense.

Nephthys
You don't need to be Yoda level to throw Dooku around. erm

As I pointed out, Arcann isn't so far above the Outlander that they can't force push him back.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nephthys
Arcann in underrated. He's supposed to be above Jedi and Sith entirely, on another level. You should be rating him higher, not them lower.

Plus the Outlander was still coming off the effects of the carbonite freezing (plus electrocution). They're never shown actually recovering from that and its only a few days between the rescue and the fight. They still did manage to tag him with blaster shots multiple times/force push him and press him in sabers. What Jedi and Sith, Sidious and Yoda? Lol. But yeah he certainly makes a mockery out of the best the TOR era has to offer.

And they never really shown anything, on the other hand there is no indication that they haven't recovered to my knowledge. So I can't help but doubt that logic.

And lol, his push did less than Ahsoka's did to Vader, as I recall. They were evidently outclassed.

DarthAnt66
You don't need to be Yoda level to throw Dooku around. erm
Erm? erm

They shoved him, like, a meter back, IIRC. It was pathetic and, if anything, further indication of Arcann's vast superiority.

Petrus
Didn't Hotlander beat Arcann on their last meeting?

DarthAnt66
Yeah, but that's with a portion of Valkorion's power and a lightsaber imbued with the energies of Darth Marr and Satele Shan.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Beniboybling
What Jedi and Sith, Sidious and Yoda? Lol. But yeah he certainly makes a mockery out of the best the TOR era has to offer.

And they never really shown anything, on the other hand there is no indication that they haven't recovered to my knowledge. So I can't help but doubt that logic.

And lol, his push did less than Ahsoka's did to Vader, as I recall. They were evidently outclassed.

And the best they have to offer is pretty damn impressive. You shouldn't ignore the still just as impressive displays simply because someone bigger came along. The things AP posted in this thread didn't go away.

Ogglllobb (or whatever) does mention that he wants to take scans of you to check out the effects of the freezing, which is obviously after the fight.

Arcann isn't a jobber like Vader and the Outlander didn't hit him mid-swing when he wasn't expecting it. Plus you wank Ahsoka to the bone anyway. laughing

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Erm? erm

You don't think Vader or Revan could do it?

They shoved him, like, a meter back, IIRC. It was pathetic and, if anything, further indication of Arcann's vast superiority.

Not at all. The point of that is to show that the Outlander isn't completely outclassed, hence him getting angry that you managed it. You then push him back again after HK dies. Non-Force Sensitives tagging him with blast shots isn't pathetic, Force Users TK'ing him isn't pathetic.

Beniboybling
And the best they have to offer is pretty damn impressive. You shouldn't ignore the still just as impressive displays simply because someone bigger came along. The things AP posted in this thread didn't go away.

Ogglllobb (or whatever) does mention that he wants to take scans of you to check out the effects of the freezing, which is obviously after the fight.

Arcann isn't a jobber like Vader and the Outlander didn't hit him mid-swing when he wasn't expecting it. Plus you wank Ahsoka to the bone anyway. laughingAnd all the feats posted by AP are based of TOR wank. But how great are these names really? Its largely subjective, and rather flexible imo.

The way I see it the protags simply are just utterly outclassed by top-tier opponents like Revan, Vader, Krayt, Exar Kun etc. as someone like Arcann coming along has demonstrated.

Unless we are to assume Arcann is more powerful than such individuals? Nah.

And what has Vader "jobbing" got to do with the distance he was pushed? Forgot to raise his defenses or something? Lol, a tacky excuse. And I reckon you have the protags a lot higher than I have Ahsoka. thumb up

Nephthys
I mean a Jedi Master classified a literal superweapon before he spent 16+ years meditating on the Force, achieving enlightenment and growing much more powerful? Pretty damn great. Ekkage being even stronger, being thought of as as potent a weapon as anything the Sith have ever had (need I remind you on what that entails) and being suggested to be greatest foe the Wrath had face after the Revan fight? Uh, pretty ****ing good? Sel-Makor, a godlike being of darkside power possessing the Emperor's Voice, in his lair while creating creatures out of thin air? Slick af. Baras, thought nigh-indestructable even after the Wrath has defeated those opponents? Greatness achieved tru fax.

But they weren't utterly outclassed, they managed to hold protracted duels with him. Plus you can be seriously powerful and still be outclassed by those guys in the Force.

Vader under-performs in fights all the time. Dude was pushed back even further by Kanan and Ezra. Big deal. But yeah, he was in mid-swing.

Petrus
...And yet after all those accomplishments, he gets spanked by SoR Revan.

Nephthys
It's almost as if Revan is really ****ing powerful and they were fighting on his turf or something. And Revan lost.

Lets not forget that Revan was also killed by the Wrath and his comrades prior to that.

DarthAnt66
The Wrath had more advantages than Revan in Terrace fight, lmfao.

Petrus
It's almost as if Revan is really ****ing powerful and they were fighting on his turf or something. And Revan lost.

Lets not forget that Revan was also killed by the Wrath and his comrades prior to that.

Revan is really ****ing powerful indeed, but he's not more powerful than Yoda, and that essentially puts him around the level of people like Exar Kun. Which in turn would place Wrath a couple tiers below and pretty much proves his feats are blown out of proportion.

Revan losing isn't the point here. If it was Wrath vs. Revan 1v1 without the aid of the team, Wrath would get utterly annihilated.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Petrus
Revan is really ****ing powerful indeed, but he's not more powerful than Yoda, and that essentially puts him around the level of people like Exar Kun. Which in turn would place Wrath a couple tiers below and pretty much proves his feats are blown out of proportion.

Revan losing isn't the point here. If it was Wrath vs. Revan 1v1 without the aid of the team, Wrath would get utterly annihilated.
Keep in mind that the protagonist was strong enough to defeat Master Surro (under Vitiate's spell) in single combat on Ziost who literally WTFpwned Theron Shan and Lana Beniko and also tanked everything in her path earlier. Master Surro was the most powerful member of Sixth Line faction and also the most powerful individual under's Vitiate's spell on Ziost.

Even if a protagonist is below Revan, the gap is small.

DarthAnt66
Revan would make Surro his *****. erm

There's no way she's above even Satele.

S_W_LeGenD
Revan would make Surro his *****. erm

There's no way she's above even Satele.
You don't know this.

Vitiate valued her far more than any other individual under his spell on Ziost. And this should tell you something. While other individuals were dropping like flies, Master Surro was walking around as if she was walking in a park or something.

DarthAnt66
I'd gamble the life of my family, immediate friends, all personal possessions, and every second-born male in India that it's true. erm

Shan's better in every possible way you can compare the two.

The fact the protag needed a massive strike team to take on Revan and still needed help from his spirit is clear indication Revan's leagues ahead.

No one else there was impressive. erm It's not like the Dark and Jedi Council were there.

S_W_LeGenD
I'd gamble the life of my family, immediate friends, all personal possessions, and every second-born male in India that it's true. erm

Shan's better in every possible way you can compare the two.

The fact the protag needed a massive strike team to take on Revan and still needed help from his spirit is clear indication Revan's leagues ahead.
Satele Shan have much greater exposure in the lore as well.

If an individual is powerful enough to WTFpwn the likes of Lana Beniko, then that individual is among the elites. I know this much.

No one else there was impressive. erm It's not like the Dark and Jedi Council were there.
Sorry my friend, many Jedi were there. You can't just boast that no one was impressive in the entire damn planet because the protagonist was able to cut a swath through the opposition.

S_W_LeGenD
My opinion of the protags has gone down since they were thrashed by Arcann tbh.
It is a plus for Arcann. Not a negative for protags.

Beniboybling
I mean a Jedi Master classified a literal superweapon before he spent 16+ years meditating on the Force, achieving enlightenment and growing much more powerful? Pretty damn great. Ekkage being even stronger, being thought of as as potent a weapon as anything the Sith have ever had (need I remind you on what that entails) and being suggested to be greatest foe the Wrath had face after the Revan fight? Uh, pretty ****ing good? Sel-Makor, a godlike being of darkside power possessing the Emperor's Voice, in his lair while creating creatures out of thin air? Slick af. Baras, thought nigh-indestructable even after the Wrath has defeated those opponents? Greatness achieved tru fax.

But they weren't utterly outclassed, they managed to hold protracted duels with him. Plus you can be seriously powerful and still be outclassed by those guys in the Force.

Vader under-performs in fights all the time. Dude was pushed back even further by Kanan and Ezra. Big deal. But yeah, he was in mid-swing. So largerly opinions, hyperbole and facts relative to one's contemporaries.

The only concrete showing I'm seeing here is the Wrath defeating the Emperor's Voice possessed by Sel-Makor. But then we can only guess at how powerful such a being would be, and how much of an effect the Emperor's resistance would have had on his strength.

What? Why would that mean he dropped his defenses? And he was distracted as I recall. Hardly sets a precedent for Vader having poor Force defenses.

Petrus
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Satele Shan have much greater exposure in the lore as well.

If an individual is powerful enough to WTFpwn the likes of Lana Beniko, then that individual is among the elites. I know this much.

Sorry my friend, many Jedi were there. You can't just boast that no one was impressive in the entire damn planet.

What has Lana Beniko ever done that makes her impressive? confused

Yeah he can. Random Jedi Master = impressive?

Petrus
So largerly opinions, hyperbole and facts relative to one's contemporaries.

The only concrete showing I'm seeing here is the Wrath defeating the Emperor's Voice possessed by Sel-Makor. But then we can only guess at how powerful such a being would be, and how much of an effect the Emperor's resistance would have had on his strength.

And the Wrath had the help of a Jedi Master to defeat Ekkage. smile

S_W_LeGenD
What has Lana Beniko ever done that makes her impressive? confused
She have some decent showings in her KoTFE story arc. She is above-average.

Yeah he can. Random Jedi Master = impressive?
Why not?

Random Jedi have crashed buildings in TOR.

MythLord
All the Force sensitives protags are meant to be equal.

Petrus
But if you judge by feats, they're probably not. smile

MythLord
Then Nox and HoT are GOAT thumb up

Petrus
Originally posted by MythLord
Then Nox and HoT are GOAT thumb up

thumb up thumb up

AncientPower
Except Baras amped by Sel-Makor, is more powerful than pretty much the entire Dark Council and is considered almost indestructible, Wrath literally 'ruined' him.

Petrus
Being 'nigh-indestructible' is clearly a hyperbole if the Wrath could defeat him. He wasn't powerful enough that the Council cowered at his feet or anything even remotely similar, and when he demanded them to help him destroy Wrath, they refused. Yeah, you don't refuse someone who you know is more powerful than you by a significant margin and much less if he's claiming to be the Voice. The Council always doubted his supposed power.

And if Sel-Makor had alleged God-like powers, he sure as hell wouldn't have been defeated by the Wrath, considering the Wrath isn't above the likes of Exar Kun or Krayt, much less above the likes of Yoda, Revan or Sidious. So yeah, I'm not all in on the Sel-Makor amp making Baras an almost indestructible being of ultimate power.

AncientPower
You're borderline red-herring here.

His power has made him nigh-indestructible, it's referring to his position of powr, not literal invulnerability. They stayed out of it because of the Wrath, they decided that the victor tells the truth, evem stating that they'll takr their chances rather than choose sides.

Darth Baras was already one of the most powerful Sith by being on the Dark Council and was briefly contending with Satele Shan, thirty years before his prime. Then he gets amplified by a being powerful enough to mentally overwhelm the Voss of the Emperor and create abominations out of pure energy.

It's more impressive than Thanaton.

Petrus
Originally posted by AncientPower
You're borderline red-herring here.

His power has made him nigh-indestructible, it's referring to his position of powr, not literal invulnerability. They stayed out of it because of the Wrath, they decided that the victor tells the truth, evem stating that they'll takr their chances rather than choose sides.

Which means that they weren't sure at all Baras was as powerful as he claimed to be, and they decided the Wrath would be a good way to determine this. And if being 'nigh-indestructible' isn't referring to actual combative power, why does it even matter?

You said yourself he's one of the most powerful Sith by being on the Dark Counci. Well, Thanaton was also on the DC, and he actually has displayed much more impressive power than Baras . Nox absolutely tooled and humiliated one of the most powerful Sith like it was nothing. Like, he literally brought him to his knees and tanked his most potent attack, then proceeded to destroy him.

Even if Baras > Thanaton, it most likely wouldn't have been by a great margin, and his duel against the Wrath was described as 'fierce', so it was probably a close one.

Nothing the Wrath has done comes close to the way in which he utterly dominated Thanaton.

DarthAnt66
The Wrath and Nox are on the same level.

One's a Force powerhouse - the other is a combat juggernaut

Petrus
I just don't buy that all the Protags are equal tbh.

And sure, Wrath has some great saber skills and most probably superior to Nox's, but I wouldn't say they exceed the latter's by a very significant margin. His spirits give him the edge imo.

ares834
And if Sel-Makor had alleged God-like powers, he sure as hell wouldn't have been defeated by the Wrath, considering the Wrath isn't above the likes of Exar Kun or Krayt, much less above the likes of Yoda, Revan or Sidious. So yeah, I'm not all in on the Sel-Makor amp making Baras an almost indestructible being of ultimate power.

Sel-Makor made Vitiate his ***** so...

The fact that the Wrath bests this monster is just more evidence that he is greater than Nox.

Petrus
Originally posted by ares834
Sel-Makor made Vitiate his ***** so...

The fact that the Wrath bests this monster is just more evidence that he is greater than Nox.

Yeah, then I guess Baras > everyone sans Vit and Wrath smile

Sel-Makor didn't make Vitiate his *****. Making the Voss his ***** does not = making Vitiate his *****.

ares834

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
@Petrus Nah. The best Vitiate could manage was not get mind****ed by Makor. Which is more impressive for Makor, or Vitiate? mmm

Petrus
So ares you're basically saying Sel-Makor > Vitiate?

NewGuy01
More impressive for Vitiate, given that the only reason Makor could compete in the first place was because of some special power over the Voss iirc.

ares834
So ares you're basically saying Sel-Makor > Vitiate?

In the heart of his power? Sure.

Petrus
Originally posted by NewGuy01
More impressive for Vitiate, given that the only reason Makor could compete in the first place was because of some special power over the Voss iirc.

thumb up People seemed to be forgetting this.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by AncientPower
Except Baras amped by Sel-Makor, is more powerful than pretty much the entire Dark Council and is considered almost indestructible, Wrath literally 'ruined' him. Yes as in ruined his plans, lmao.

Nephthys
Calling Baras' plans ruined by calling him ruined it pretty awkward. Given that he ends up powerless and broken it far better fit is that its calling him ruined since he pretty literally was.

Not that it matters, the fact that the Wrath left him powerless and humbled says enough by itself.

So largely opinions, hyperbole and facts relative to one's contemporaries.

What? Why would that mean he dropped his defenses? And he was distracted as I recall. Hardly sets a precedent for Vader having poor Force defenses.

That sounds an awful lot like an attempt to just dodge the evidence. Like you've never hyped characters based on those things. You have no arguments against their abilities, they stand.

Sel-Makor was capable of unleashing planet-wide mind-****ery, a force ghost said that he would be a threat to the universe if he escaped Voss, he could form beings out of pure darkside energy and he did have access to the Emperor's power regardless of his resistance. He's powerful as shit.

Why would he drop his defenses when Kanan and Ezra TK'd him? If he did it then in a very similar position then its not implausible that Ahsoka hitting him when he's off-balance would be effective despite being much weaker than him.

Baras being nigh-indestructible is certainly referring to his power, not his position. The Wrath is able to walk right up to him and tell him to put his dukes up, the man isn't nigh-untouchable by any respect but his own abilities. I mean, the fact that the Council thought him so powerful that he might actually be the Voice is enough by itself to rate him high as balls.

NewGuy01
Calling Baras' plans ruined by calling him ruined it pretty awkward.

I don't see why, honestly. I'd actually say it's the other way around.

thumb up

I was under the impression that he was unchallenged because no one on the Council dared risk invoking the Emperor's wrath, not because he had demonstrated himself to be as powerful as Vitiate.

Nephthys
Well yeah, but the reason they didn't dare was because he was powerful enough that they fought he might actually be the Voice so pissing off Vitiate was an actual possibility.

Of course, he's actually nowhere near Vitiate.

NewGuy01
Well yeah, but the reason they didn't dare was because he was powerful enough that they fought he might actually be the Voice so pissing off Vitiate was an actual possibility.

I see no reason to assume this. The dialogue seems to indicate that the reason they didn't dare was because the idea of pissing off the Emperor made them piss themselves, so they didn't challenge him. That's Baras' set up (getting rid of the actual VotE) at work. After all, when the PC enters the DCC, Marr is just as convinced that he could be the Emperor's Wrath as he is that Baras could be the Voice, despite barely knowing who he is.

FreshestSlice

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Anyway, Nox is overrated as **** anyway. People who keep claiming they could just dominate Thanaton obviously didn't actually play the game, or are just retarded. Probably a little of both.

Nephthys
I see no reason to assume this. The dialogue seems to indicate that the reason they didn't dare was because the idea of pissing off the Emperor made them piss themselves, so they didn't challenge him. That's Baras' set up (getting rid of the actual VotE) at work. After all, when the PC enters the DCC, Marr is just as convinced that he could be the Emperor's Wrath as he is that Baras could be the Voice, despite barely knowing who he is.

And imo the idea that they might piss off the Emperor was plausible since Baras was strong enough to make it plausible.

And Marr may well have known Baras is selling them bs since he's old enough to have possibly met the Voice before.

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Anyway, Nox is overrated as **** anyway. People who keep claiming they could just dominate Thanaton obviously didn't actually play the game, or are just retarded. Probably a little of both.

Literally everyone except you thinks that. Buddy, maybe instead of it being them, it just might be you instead.

cs_zoltan
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

thumb up

She only dominated him when he was already beaten. Might as well ragdoll a corpse.

FreshestSlice

Literally everyone except you thinks that. Buddy, maybe instead of it being them, it just might be you instead.
Just a week ago literally everyone thought Kun could TK starships. I don't care what "literally everyone," which really means just you, thinks.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
thumb up

She only dominated him when he was already beaten. Might as well ragdoll a corpse. thumb up

Beniboybling
Calling Baras' plans ruined by calling him ruined it pretty awkward. Given that he ends up powerless and broken it far better fit is that its calling him ruined since he pretty literally was.

Not that it matters, the fact that the Wrath left him powerless and humbled says enough by itself.Yeah cause people never say "I'm ruined" or "you ruined me" or shit like that lol. erm

Anyway what I'm contesting is that the Wrath "ruined" him in the sense that he was destroyed i.e. it was a stomp. Whereas fact that he was defeated is as clear as day and hardly needs to be highlighted.No you've just forgotten the original point, lol.Which doesn't necessarily translate into combative power when using a host vessel, and one that is resisting his control.Evidently he was distracted by the explosion, or perhaps simply didn't take his opponents seriously. It's the only logical explanation for Ezra & Kanan being able to Force push him other than "hurr durr he jobs".

And mid-swing =/= off-balance lol.Is this directed at me? Lol.

Petrus
KEK @ all of you who're saying 'she only dominated him when already beaten'. In case you're plainly ignoring the cut-scene, moments prior to being dominated Thanaton summoned a lightning storm that struck Nox fiercely. Someone who is "beaten" doesn't pull that out as a last resort, it's clearly a pretty powerful attack. At the end, Nox barely broke a sweat against Thanaton, tanked that huge lightning blast and literally put him on his knees. If that's not dominating someone on your eyes, I honestly don't know what is. erm

Beniboybling
A last ditch attempt that left him exhausted, yeah. thumb up

Petrus
A last ditch attempt that left him exhausted, yeah. thumb up

Launching your most powerful attack and your opponent tanking it almost like it's nothing isn't dominating at all, yeah. thumb up

Beniboybling
Like it was almost nothing? Hmm, not how I remember it.

Petrus
Yeah, he was standing there all the time just taking in the huge blast. Sure, he seemed to be in pain at some points, but in the end he just shook it off like it was nothing.

Beniboybling
At the end, at the beginning he's writhing and spasming in pain, and though pretty quickly he becomes almost entirely obscured, you can still make out that he ends up getting levitated off the ground before going limp.

The fact that he was ultimately able to "shrug it off" when the storm subsided hardly proves he wasn't under significant duress at its peak.

FreshestSlice
Not to mention, if Nox could just dominate Thanaton, he wouldn't have been able to escape on Corellia. Nox wasn't able to die during their duel with Thanaton, either of them. But hey, let's ignore that because they had to put in effort to TK a man near death.

Petrus
At the end, at the beginning he's writhing and spasming in pain, and though pretty quickly he becomes almost entirely obscured, you can still make out that he ends up getting levitated off the ground before going limp.

The fact that he was ultimately able to "shrug it off" when the storm subsided hardly proves he wasn't under significant duress at its peak.

He wasn't under enough duress that by the end of the blast he was weak, debilitated or even remotely injured, and either way, he pretty much tanked the whole strike by doing nothing but stand there.

It's pretty clear Nox vs. Thanaton was lopsided to say the least. When the fight ends with the one of the Sith stopping the other's saber strike point-blank and using the Force to put him on his knees after tanking his most powerful attack, I don't know why someone would consider it anything less than a near stomp.

Petrus
Not to mention, if Nox could just dominate Thanaton, he wouldn't have been able to escape on Corellia. Nox wasn't able to die during their duel with Thanaton, either of them. But hey, let's ignore that because they had to put in effort to TK a man near death.

Corellia has nothing to do with it. The fact that Thanaton was running for his life pretty much proves my point. He knew he wouldn't survive against Nox this time. And what does Nox not being able to die have anything to do with it? Yeah, he couldn't die because of the spirits. So? What's your point?

FreshestSlice
No it doesn't. the fact that Nox doesn't just instantly TK Thanaton into a wall and kill him kind of does the opposite of prove your point. Obviously Thanaton won't survive Nox. Nox can't die and can just keep fighting no matter how injured they become. It's not that hard to add 2 and 2. It's always 4.

Petrus
No it doesn't. the fact that Nox doesn't just instantly TK Thanaton into a wall and kill him kind of does the opposite of prove your point. Obviously Thanaton won't survive Nox. Nox can't die and can just keep fighting no matter how injured they become. It's not that hard to add 2 and 2. It's always 4.

Nox not TKing Thanaton into a wall and killing him while on Corellia isn't proof of anything. Thanaton was on the run, Nox simply couldn't catch up to him... Doesn't mean shit in regards to combative prowess.

Yeah, Nox can't die. So? That's partially what makes him so powerful and impressive, but it's definitely not like Thanaton beat him repeatedly and he just kept getting up because he can't die . Due to the power the spirits granted Nox, Thanaton got his ass thoroughly kicked. There's really not much to it.

Beniboybling
He wasn't under enough duress that by the end of the blast he was weak, debilitated or even remotely injured, and either way, he pretty much tanked the whole strike by doing nothing but stand there.

It's pretty clear Nox vs. Thanaton was lopsided to say the least. When the fight ends with the one of the Sith stopping the other's saber strike point-blank and using the Force to put him on his knees after tanking his most powerful attack, I don't know why someone would consider it anything less than a near stomp. A last ditch attempt to defeat your opponent hardly constitutes Thanaton's most powerful attack, friend. And know amount of flashy animations makes it so. Nor is it a surprise that after certainly exhausting what little reserves he had left Nox ragdolled.

But yeah, the fight was evidently one-sided, but that's not what's been contested. Rather that Nox could destroy him in that manner without wearing him down significantly first.

Fresh is also correct, if Nox could dominate Thanaton so, the latter would never have been in a position to escape in the first place.

Petrus
A last ditch attempt to defeat your opponent hardly constitutes Thanaton's most powerful attack, friend. And know amount of flashy animations makes it so. Nor is it a surprise that after certainly exhausting what little reserves he had left Nox ragdolled.

But yeah, the fight was evidently one-sided, but that's not what's been contested. Rather that Nox could destroy him in that manner without wearing him down significantly first.

Fresh is also correct, if Nox could dominate Thanaton so, the latter would never have been in a position to escape in the first place.

Those flashy animations tho indicate that that last attack was very powerful indeed, which would mean Thanaton was on good shape before that. He unleashed the most powerful attack in his arsenal in an attempt to finally kill Nox. His most powerful attack got tanked. When your most powerful attack gets tanked by virtually doing nothing but stand there taking the shot, you know you're being dominated by your opponent. And Nox only wore him down because Thanaton was going all-out on him and couldn't do much. That also translates as domination of your opponent in my book.

Thanaton was on the run the whole time, and Nox was trying to corner him. He never got the chance to do so.

Beniboybling
Wrong again I'm afraid friend.

After bringing Thanaton's health bar to zero, the cutscene shows him clutching his chest an staggering away, before throwing a few pathetic bolts of lightning at Nox which he easily dismisses. He is evidently not in "good shape" at all.

The idea therefore that what he then unleashed was his "most powerful attack" is categorically wrong, nor is it described as such in any source I am aware of.

And semantics on "domination" aside, the fact remains that he cannot destroy Thanaton so easily straight out of the gate.

And as for Thanaton being on the run the whole time? That's not the impression I got from him arranging the fight and then proceeding to attack you. Certainly he doesn't flee in the proceeding boss fight, and is only shown to retreat at the end of their engagement.

NewGuy01
I think he's referring to the fact that Thanaton ran from him the first time he was engaged on Corellia.

I was also under the impression that the lightning storm we saw was indeed Thanaton's best, last stand that may have been capable of defeating Nox had he not also released the full power of all 5 spirits to counter it.

Petrus
I think he's referring to the fact that Thanaton ran from him the first time he was engaged on Corellia.

I am, yes.

Wrong again I'm afraid friend.

After bringing Thanaton's health bar to zero, the cutscene shows him clutching his chest an staggering away, before throwing a few pathetic bolts of lightning at Nox which he easily dismisses. He is evidently not in "good shape" at all.

Maybe he wasn't 100%, but either way, the attack he unleashed on Nox was very powerful. I think anyone can see that. The fact is Nox tanked a Force storm by literally just standing there.

And if Thanaton touching his chest and staggering away is an indication of him being exhausted/injured, then we can also clear up just how well Nox was doing prior to tanking the Force storm, because in that cut-scene Nox doesn't appear to be staggering, limping or even tired. Based on that, it's pretty clear Nox wasn't being pushed at all, nor is there any indication that he was.

Yes, they briefly engaged, and when Thanaton realized he was doomed, he made a run for it and escaped. And when he did, Nox didn't even try to stop him with the Force or anything of the sort.

cs_zoltan
Pure cancer.

Might as well say Kenobi can dominate Anakin, because he could ragdoll after he cut of his limbs and left him to burn.

Petrus
lol, yeah it's pretty much the same. You're spot on with the comparison. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.