Xavier vs Scarlet Witch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Legion88
Charles Xavier (x men Apocalypse) vs Wanda (civil war), who wins? Who has better TP?

Both are determined to win. Xavier's powers are not increased by Apocalypse smile

tkitna
Xavier easily

Legion88
Originally posted by tkitna
Xavier easily
Mmh why?

tkitna
Because he's the most powerful telepath on earth. He's just going to shut Wanda down. Its not like she's going to have a chance to cast a spell or anything. This battle would be over in a mere second.

KingD19
Wanda's TK was impressive when she forced a large percentage of Sokovia to stop what they were doing and walk to the escape boats. However, Xavier has done many more impressive things with his TK. And Apocalypse upgraded him to make him even more powerful. If it's strictly a TP battle, Charlie wins.

FrothByte
If this is a pure TP fight then X wins. SW has never shown the kind of feats that X has. But if SW is allowed to use her other powers then she can very well win this, considering of course that she has enough mental defenses to withstand X's assault.

After all, whereas SW probably has defenses against a TP attack, X has zero defenses against a TK attack.

Surtur
I wouldn't give Xavier an auto win because it seems Wanda can activate her powers with a thought..just like Xavier can. So barring her having any kind of mental resistance feats it comes down to a quick draw.

I honestly can't recall any notable speed feats from either one.

KingD19
Xavier can mutilate her on the astral plane, something Wanda hasn't even shown the ability to access. He's also powerful enough to touch every mind in the world at once. In comparison, the most we've seen Wanda do is a portion of a city. Also, her powers seem to need some sort of physical gesture to go along with them, even if it's as simple as flicking her wrists or something.

Surtur
Xavier needed the Apocalypse amp in order to touch every mind, right?

Legion88
Wanda can use all his powers, but i think that Charles wins. He doesn't need to be near his targets to mess with their mind and his TP is instant....Scarlet Witch has the ability to influence people in a portion of a city, it's true, but it's nothing more than subtle suggestion; anything more than that and she needs close range. Xavier TP feats are consistently faster, more effortless and generally more impressive than hers.

KingD19
Originally posted by Surtur
Xavier needed the Apocalypse amp in order to touch every mind, right?

Yes, but it was an amp in the same way Magneto's was. He was always that powerful, but Apocalypse "taught" him how to use his powers to their maximum.

Surtur
Since I could of sworn when X was using his powers on the entire world he was using Cerebro when we saw the older version do it and he got Apoca-amped when the younger version did it.

Surtur
Originally posted by KingD19
Yes, but it was an amp in the same way Magneto's was. He was always that powerful, but Apocalypse "taught" him how to use his powers to their maximum.

Hmm I'm iffy on that though. Like when Emma Frost controlled Iceman's body she did all kinds of crazy shit with his powers too, but I wouldn't of granted Iceman himself the ability to do that until he shows he has that skill. Since then I think he has indeed shown it, but you get the point.

Thus if Apocalypse brought out the hidden potential I still wouldn't be sure we should 100% say these characters can access it on their own. Did Magneto do anything insanely powerful after the amp was gone? I forget.

KingD19
The amp never went away. It's permanent for everyone he evolved. Storm, Psylocke, Xavier and Mags. And with Xavier and Magneto, it was just him somehow making them realize what all they could do as opposed to forcibly amping them like he did with Storm and Psylocke.

The previous X-Men timeline doesn't exist anymore

FrothByte
Xavier can mutilate her on the astral plane, something Wanda hasn't even shown the ability to access. He's also powerful enough to touch every mind in the world at once. In comparison, the most we've seen Wanda do is a portion of a city. Also, her powers seem to need some sort of physical gesture to go along with them, even if it's as simple as flicking her wrists or something.

Emma Frost never showed the ability to access the astral plane but she was able to block Xavier's telepathy.

All SW really needs to do is block Xavier's TP enough to launch her own TK attack. And while an argument can be made for SW to have TP defenses, no argument can be made for Xavier having TK defenses.

KingD19
Well I'm not sure if OP is saying it's a strictly TP battle.

And Emma blocked his telepathy when he was at his absolute weakest mentally. He could barely freeze 2 people for a few seconds at that point. The rest of the movies have him at more appropriate levels.

I also realized OP said no Apocalypse amp; even without it though, he's more than powerful enough to overpower her telepathically. He froze an entire mall of people for a few minutes quite casually. Did the same thing at the CIA office.
And has plenty more mental feats.

FrothByte
Well I'm not sure if OP is saying it's a strictly TP battle.

And Emma blocked his telepathy when he was at his absolute weakest mentally. He could barely freeze 2 people for a few seconds at that point. The rest of the movies have him at more appropriate levels.

I also realized OP said no Apocalypse amp; even without it though, he's more than powerful enough to overpower her telepathically. He froze an entire mall of people for a few minutes quite casually. Did the same thing at the CIA office.
And has plenty more mental feats.

We really have no proof of whether Xavier can over power her or not. From what we've seen in other movies, I don't recall Xavier ever owerpowering any other telepath with ease. He's either completely blocked or has to go through a mental battle before overpowering them. Maybe he can, but as I said there is no proof.

What we do have proof of is how strong SW's TK powers are and that Xavier has no defense against it. That's a certainty.

So while Xavier can probably overpower SW telepathically, that's pretty much just guesswork. SW destroying Xavier with TK is a certainty.

Legion88
Xavier created blocks around Jean's abilities to keep them in check for 20 years, and we're talking about the Phoenix. I doubt that he can't overpower Wanda.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Legion88
Xavier created blocks around Jean's abilities to keep them in check for 20 years, and we're talking about the Phoenix. I doubt that he can't overpower Wanda.

He built them around her over a prolonged period of time while she was a child and she willingly allowed him to do so. SW is not a child and will be actively fighting Xavier.

TheLordofMurder
Xavier crushes this pathetic weakling from the MCU...

smile

Utrigita
Xavier should be able to win this without to much hassle. Wanda has never (that I recall) showed the ability to even utilize her telepathic abilities on another character without the use of her magic in the form of her red tendrils touching people. I doubt she can actually use her telepathy on Xavier without making those connect with him. Which means he would have "plenty" of time to shut her down. And even if she resist, I don't imagine her having the energy to attack him physically while he is attacking her mentally.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.