Amazo vs. Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*JLU Amazon

vs.

Dark Phoenix from the Xmen Animated Series

*Fight takes place on an indestructible planet

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111114608/3427908-7145466978-Amazo.png

vs.

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/x-men-animated-series-season-3-13-dark-phoenix-the-dark-phoenix-3-jean-grey.jpg

KingD19
What did Dark Phoenix do?

carthage
Sent Gladiator flying out of the Solar System with a blast, dove into the sun to contain the power of the M'Kraan Crystal, shielded Jean's ship during atmospheric re-entry, teleported hundreds of mutants out of another dimension, was able to break through Jason Wyngarde's telepathic control/save Scott Summers from dying,

I'm still going through the episodes

KingD19
As impressive as that all sounds, it also seems like things that are within Amazo's power. For example, when he teleported Oa to another dimension, it was against the power of all the Guardians at once.

carthage
In the Episode Dark Phoenix, she flys out of the solar system and opens up a portal to a new galaxy . She then flys past this ship and plunges into a star, within seconds the Star becomes a Supernova and the ship escapes claiming Phoenix destroyed an entire Star System.

The feat is around 7:30-7:55

carthage
Edit: Jean claims it was a Solar System in the following episode, but the Shi'ar system claims it wiped out an entire star system.

Take your pick

Utrigita
And it doesn't matter one bit because Amazo will just copy Phoenix powers, adding them to his own.

Surtur
I suppose one might argue if the chaotic magics of Chaos Grundy f*cked with Amazo then Phoenix might do the same.

On the other hand if when Amazo tells Lex Luthor why doesn't he just destroy "everything" it could be interpreted that he meant more than just Earth, but we don't know for sure.

Personally I would think Amazo probably does copy the energies of the Phoenix as really only some funky plot device magic gave him issues and the Phoenix isn't magical last I checked.

Also if you went strictly by the collection of heroes Amazo took on and owned, they greatly surpass the mutants, etc. that Phoenix slapped down when it comes to power.

Galan007
Amazo. Easily.

Surtur
There is also the casualness with which Amazo did things. Like moving a planet not due to it being a threat, but shunting it into another dimension merely because it was in his way.

Also he pulled a Buddha on Lex and The Atom when they tried to escape to the sub-atomic universe. He was just all "nope guess what you're now somehow in the palm of my hand".

I wish they would of kept in the scene from the JLU series finale where during the Darkseid invasion it shows Amazo is another dimension just going "I wonder if it's safe to go back yet?".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.