Would Ben Kenobi have been effective with Jar Kai?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
We know Obi wan was proficient with dual sabers in TCW, how effective would he have been with them in his latter years? Would he have required more force augmentation to use them, or would he not be able to hav fended off Vader as well? Do you think they would have hampered his style more and his effectiveness in combat?

FreshestSlice
As a defensive fighter, there's really no point. That being said, two sabers is how you git-gud in Canon, so probably at least Father-tier.

cs_zoltan
Yeah there's not much point to use Soresu with Jar'Kai, he used that in TCW with Ataru.

Darth Thor
But his defences held up better than ever when he used Jar Kai against Maul+Opress. So I'm guessing his Soresu was still in play. Especially given Soresu works better in tight spaces.

Anyway Anakin/Vader can use Jar Kai as well, so... Not sure it would make a difference to those fights.

cs_zoltan
Uhm, he was on the offensive pretty much the whole fight.

Darth Thor
I guess his Ataru is better than his Soresu then.

Darth Abonis
No, as an older man, 2 sabers wouldn't be good for him. He needed to put all his physical strength into the grip of one blade.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
No, as an older man, 2 sabers wouldn't be good for him. He needed to put all his physical strength into the grip of one blade. LOL.

chingchangwalla
Old Ben is highly underrated :/ Did anyone even read the ROTJ novel?

juyomaster34
I think his mastery of Soresu and his expertise in Ataru really showed his mastery in lightsaber combat,as well as in hand to hand combat.

I saw Ataru w/ a blended and mixed Soresu in his fight with the night brothers.
If this is Kenobi's version of Niman then I have much respect for Niman.

even if he only used two ingredients or techniques of Niman.
the other two was not needed.

Darth Thor
^ thumb up

Shortest post ever from juyomaster and turns out to be his best post.

juyomaster34
I still have a few good posts if not several.
Sometimes two is better than one.
True mastery in Jar'Kai is not to be underestimated.

We have seen several that dabble in it.
A true master can fight with or without the second blade.

MythLord
Teach me ur rappin' wayz, Juyo mastah!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.