Ted Cruz is a Sniveling Coward

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
I can't believe what I just witnessed. I hope he burns.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/173957-transcript-of-ted-cruzs-rnc-speech-shows-how-bitter-he-is-after-losing-to-donald-trump

ares834
What he did was pretty much the exact opposite of cowardice.

Time-Immemorial
Nice edit.

Anyways Trump upstaged him twice today

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/20/politics/ted-cruz-republican-convention-moment/

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by ares834
What he did was pretty much the exact opposite of cowardice. He stuck to his guns and risked his entire career for it. He didn't puss out. Good for him.

Flyattractor

Mmyyeah pretty much. He walked into the Enemy Camp and spoke his mind.

Bit o guts right there.

cdtm

"He's self centered. He's selfish. All he did is ruin his political career."

Only inside the political world is voting the party line over personal conscience considered a selfish act. sad

Dreampanther
http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/07/21/ted-cruz-really-proved-last-night/

"...Cruz's speech - including the absence of an explicit endorsement of Trump - was pre-cleared by both the RNC and Trump. is speech, including the non-endorsement of Trump, was not a surprise to the RNC or Trump in any way. Even Donald Trump himself admitted this on Twitter, and for once Trump's twitter is not full of crap. I began to hear reports in the afternoon that Cruz told the RNC that he would not endorse Trump, and that the RNC was exerting a lot of pressure on him to change his mind, but that he firmly told them that he would not. He said he would congratulate Donald Trump, would avoid saying anything negative about Trump, and talk about the principles he stood for. The RNC and Trump both agreed to let him proceed with the speech as is. So the idea that Cruz sprung this on them as some sort of surprise is absolute BS."

krisblaze
Snilving?...snivelling?

AlmightyKfish
I mean, Cruz is deplorable human being and everything but gotta give him a bit of credit for sticking to his beliefs about this.

Also, considering some of the stuff Trump said about him near the end of the campaigns it's pretty understandable he wouldn't want to endorse the guy.

Beniboybling
What a Snilving Coward

Sin I AM

This. Never got how having a difference set of beliefs made you less of a person

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by Sin I AM
This. Never got how having a difference set of beliefs made you less of a person

Uh, there's a time and place to stand for your beliefs. If you're not going to have a hand in uniting the Republican party or endorsing the president, then you don't give a speech. I think Cruz just wanted to talk and he came off sounding bitter as hell. Luckily, Newt turned his crap into a win. Again, time and place to stand for beliefs. Cruz's "me" attitude was apparently more important thany kind of unification.

Time-Immemorial
Cruz just got on TV and said "If we want to win this election we have to do what Newt says and vote for Donald Trump"

So why the **** did he not say that last nightlaughing out loud

What a total reverse troll

Sin I AM
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Uh, there's a time and place to stand for your beliefs. If you're not going to have a hand in uniting the Republican party or endorsing the president, then you don't give a speech. I think Cruz just wanted to talk and he came off sounding bitter as hell. Luckily, Newt turned his crap into a win. Again, time and place to stand for beliefs. Cruz's "me" attitude was apparently more important thany kind of unification.

That's cowardice though. If you believe in something speak up. There is no proper time and place for doing what you believe is right.

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by Sin I AM
That's cowardice though. If you believe in something speak up. There is no proper time and place for doing what you believe is right.

Yes there is. You just said it. The difference between brave and cowardice is timing. Cruz asked to speak at the RNC (which is essentially a pep rally/endorsement for Trump). Then he tried to sabotage it. That's not bravery.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Cruz just got on TV and said "If we want to win this election we have to do what Newt says and vote for Donald Trump"

So why the **** did he not say that last nightlaughing out loud

What a total reverse troll

Is there someone on the ballot the Repub's can vote for to Win the Election at this point?

Adam_PoE
Trump spent the entire primary campaign explicitly calling Cruz a liar, "Lyin' Ted." So why would he want his endorsement in the first place?

Time-Immemorial
You mean like Ted did to himlaughing out loud

Trump didn't even ask for his endorsement, he saw the speech 2 hours prior and let him speak

Thats a man with balls.

Flyattractor
You mean like Ted did to himlaughing out loud

Trump didn't even ask for his endorsement, he saw the speech 2 hours prior and let him speak

Thats a man with balls.

In his mouth maybe.

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Trump spent the entire primary campaign explicitly calling Cruz a liar, "Lyin' Ted." So why would he want his endorsement in the first place?

Think you miss the point, as usual. Cruz offered to speak. He then made it about himself. Also, your argument is dumb in the sense that even Sanders/Clinton traded nasty exchanges yet I don't see you'r asking why Hilary would want Bernie's endorsement?

Stigma
TBH I haven't completely made my mind on Cruz, but at least Cruz > Hillary. That much we know.

Anyways, Trump wins the next elections.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Think you miss the point, as usual. Cruz offered to speak. He then made it about himself. Also, your argument is dumb in the sense that even Sanders/Clinton traded nasty exchanges yet I don't see you'r asking why Hilary would want Bernie's endorsement?

The difference is that Clinton did not assassinate Sanders' character. Had she done so, asking for his endorsement would not make any sense.

Time-Immemorial
Actually she didlaughing out loud

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/04/06/clinton-questions-whether-sanders-is-qualified-to-be-president/

Adam_PoE
Actually she didlaughing out loud

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/04/06/clinton-questions-whether-sanders-is-qualified-to-be-president/

Saying that one has not studied an issue thoroughly, and that raises questions about his preparedness is not only not on the same playing field as calling someone fundamentally dishonest, it is not even the same sport.

Time-Immemorial
Thats not even addressing what was said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.