Corran Horn vs Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Disclaimer: I don't know shit about Corran Horn.

With that said, discuss.

Syndicate
Good fight. Kyle takes it after a long duel.

Jmanghan
I wasn't aware he was that good.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Jmanghan

Corran Horn is a comparable duelist to the likes of Kenobi. It's his offensive TK that is lacking though he makes up for this in regards to tutaminis in which he is VERY powerful.

Deronn_solo
Kyle, better duelist, superior Force user.

Tight fight, tho. thumb up

carthage
Kyle via TK

NewGuy01
Originally posted by carthage
Kyle via TK

DarthAnt66
Horn's tutaminis is pretty impressive though, and he can use it to deflect TK, IIRC.

NewGuy01
He only managed it once, then never again, and it was retarded so I'm ignoring it. uhuh

Q99
Originally posted by Jmanghan

He's one of the best of the NJO's masters, from a famed Jedi line (who's talents he inherited, including exceptional ace-in-the-hole tutaminis powers and strong illusions... and crap TK), and helped put together the order's training regime. He was also put forth as a natural choice of grand master to replace Kenth Hamner (Saba effectively got the role because of him not stepping up).

That said, Kyle has more power and force versatility, and knows not to fuel Horn by doing an attack that can be absorbed by tutaminis. Horn's in the order's upper echelons, but lower in it than Katarn or Mara Jade. Katarn's battlemaster for good reason.

Jmanghan
bump

UCanShootMyNova
Kyle in a close fight.

MythLord
Originally posted by Deronn_solo

yes

GM Yoda
Kyle.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Deronn_solo

Raptor22
Corrans absorbtion is pretty good. In addition to being able to absorb a pissed off kyps tk blast only getting overwhelmed when kyp hit him a second time while being powered by kun, he also did this in ijedi which was fairly impressive.

The LX-ls went off in sequence, not all at once, washing the central area with wave after wave of laser fiechettes. Each blast scoured the center of the warehouse from a different angle, guaranteeing that no unexploded mines would be hit, but adding laser fire to the chemical fires and exploding drums.
And he even saved the blast from above for last, maximizing the chances that Shala would live long enough to know he had been betrayed.

Had Rach'talik gone for quantity instead of quality, I, too, would have been reduced to a greasy, steaming stain on the duracrete. I knew, from the second I saw the remote fall, I had only once chance at survival, and only one chance to try to contain the damage. I sank within myself, touched the Force,
started it flowing, and sucked in every stray erg being sprayed on my direction. I felt sting after sting, as if I were sliding through a Sarlacc's gullet, and it felt as if I were descending into a black pit of pain. I directed some of the Force to help me blunt the pain, but that made it much more difficult to hold on to all
of the power I was absorbing.

I knew I couldn't hang on to it for long, and I knew I needed to use it to contain the explosion's deadly force. As I had done in the grotto to save Tionne, I channeled all of it into telekine-sis and raised my left hand. I twisted my wrist, starting the energies swirling into a vortex. I could feel the air begin to whirl around me, tightening, quickening. Flames from the chemical fires leaped toward the center of the room, spinning themselves into the vortex. Loose debris, flaming bits of duraplast and rat-tling, clattering pieces
of scrap metal flew into the air, filling the fiery cyclone with dark specks.
I pushed and drove the vortex up and out through the roof, enlarging the hole the last mine had already opened.

Chemical drums sailed up, exploding as they went, pulsing green and purple fire through the rising funnel. Flames wreathed me and I sucked their heat in, then vented it back out, up and out, building the firestorm's strength until it ripped the warehouse's roof off and crumpled it like a discarded piece of
fiimiplast.
The warehouse's doors banged open, then ripped free and flew like sabacc cards into the maelstrom. The warehouse's viewports imploded as air rushed in to feed the firestorm. I no longer needed to push, it had become a thing of its own, almost living, certainly breathing. I felt it tug at me, but the energy it fed
me kept me rooted in place. I reached out with my mind, pitching up into the column of fire the last several unexploded chemical drums, watched them blossom brilliantly, then smiled.

The explosion had been contained, drawn inward. Though the warehouse's corrugated metal walls glowed dully from the heat, they had not buckled. The tremors from the explosions had rippled out through the ground, but beyond that-and the fiery spear thrust into the sky-only the warehouse would be dam-aged by the Hutt's deathtrap. I felt the firestorm's power begin to wane and I knew things were almost over, but I still had lots of energy left in me that I
had to vent somehow. I looked up and allowed my smile to broaden. EYeo'one knows the Jedi came here to die.

Let's show them he did no such thing/I expanded my sphere of responsibility and touched every mind I could find. Into them I projected a simple vision, one that would terrify many and reassure others. I let them see the shaft of fire stabbing up into the sky, and at its bottom was the hilt of a lightsaber. A giant figure of a man, clad in green and black rose up through the black smoke, then the fire vanished as he switched his lightsaber off. He faded back into the smoke and was no more.

Ursumeles
Bump

I'd like to see a argument for Kyle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.