White guy gets killed by police, no one notices.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
http://www.dailywire.com/news/7274/cops-shoot-white-guy-fresno-nobody-pays-attention-hank-berrien

The lack of media attention about white deaths at the hands of cops is alarming. Do all lives truly matter?

Time-Immemorial
White lives don't matter bro

Flyattractor
True dat.

Nephthys
Yeah, they're easily the most oppressed minority.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Nephthys
#Whitelivesmatter

Stigma
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
http://www.dailywire.com/news/7274/cops-shoot-white-guy-fresno-nobody-pays-attention-hank-berrien

The lack of media attention about white deaths at the hands of cops is alarming. Do all lives truly matter?
Huh. Good thing I'm black.

Raisen
it's all b.s bro. it's all lies

Lestov16

It's the media creating a false narrative that blacks are being singled out for police brutality because of racism. This does happen in some red neck states (such as the Ferguson Corruption Scandal), but it's not nearly as bad as the media portrays it. The media and the DNC essentially mutated BLM to make it seem as though police brutality against blacks is the cause of all of our problems. Now whites are (rightfully)mad at us that despite the self-imposed violence of black neighborhoods, which claims far more lives than police, BLM seems to view police as the main problem.

Just remember, Hillary invited the families of police shooting victims to the Democratic Convention, but not families of slain officers or gang violence. The message the DNC is trying to push is clear, that blacks are not responsible for their own problems, which doesn't just obstruct our progress but also paints us as hypocrites. Obama himself has massively pushed this narrative. It's disgusting how he had a special news conference about of the death of Trayvon but not the thousands of kids killed in his home city of Chicago.

Like I said the media is pushing a narrative to keep blacks brainwashed and reliant on the democratic vote. It's sickening.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Lestov16
It's the media creating a false narrative that blacks are being singled out for police brutality because of racism. This does happen in some red neck states (such as the Ferguson Corruption Scandal), but it's not nearly as bad as the media portrays it. The media and the DNC essentially mutated BLM to make it seem as though police brutality against blacks is the cause of all of our problems. Now whites are (rightfully)mad at us that despite the self-imposed violence of black neighborhoods, which claims far more lives than police, BLM seems to view police as the main problem.

Just remember, Hillary invited the families of police shooting victims to the Democratic Convention, but not families of slain officers or gang violence. The message the DNC is trying to push is clear, that blacks are not responsible for their own problems, which doesn't just obstruct our progress but also paints us as hypocrites. Obama himself has massively pushed this narrative. It's disgusting how he had a special news conference about of the death of Trayvon but not the thousands of kids killed in his home city of Chicago.

Like I said the media is pushing a narrative to keep blacks brainwashed and reliant on the democratic vote. It's sickening.

Lol no.

Lestov16
How do you view the situation?

Gadabout
True this guy was unarmed but the officers tried for quite some time to get this guy to surrender...while he was in the truck, he refused to show both his hands after being commanded to do so many times. He was then commanded to stay in the truck...he got out. He was commanded to not move (after he got out of the truck after being commanded not to do so)...he walks away-he then turns back toward the officers. He is commanded to stop and not approach-to keep his hands up-he disobeys all of these commands and continues to walk toward the officers while reaching to his waist band with one hand...he is shot.
Now he is on the ground laying on his back and he continues to reach toward his waist band ignoring many commands not to do so. He is then shot again.

This was a case of suicide by cop...to say-suggest anything else is just false and inflammatory.

Sin I AM
How do you view the situation?

Well you said the media exploits. Which it does. But blacks do get undue harassment by police. I can attest. Its just a common occurrence. The only reason it's in the news is because so many people are amateur cameramen and you cant do anything without being seen nowadays. It's ALWAYS been like this. It's nothing new.

As far as the media pushing blacks to democrats lol thats laughable...the republican party doesn't exactly welcome poc with ppen arms

Raisen
lestov is becoming phucking brilliant or he is starting to see multiple sides of things. i'm honestly impressed as hell.
you're the man lestov. i really appreciate the way you are becoming more fair and considerate.

snowdragon

Yes the when creating headlines the media does an internal scientific study that shows that black in the headlines>white headlines for clicks.

Therefore headlines with black>>white for clicks and marketing purposes.

I'm pretty sure people notice white people getting killed by the police but in the USA our 24/7 media is dictated by sensationalism rather then intellectual discussion (not for all things but in regards to clicks and such.)

Lestov16
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Well you said the media exploits. Which it does. But blacks do get undue harassment by police. I can attest. Its just a common occurrence. The only reason it's in the news is because so many people are amateur cameramen and you cant do anything without being seen nowadays. It's ALWAYS been like this. It's nothing new.

As far as the media pushing blacks to democrats lol thats laughable...the republican party doesn't exactly welcome poc with ppen arms

Really? Because I'm black, I live in a city with a high crime and gang violence rate, yet I've been arrested several times (for non violent misdemeanors), every time by a white cop, and have not once had my life threatened or felt threatened.

Conversely, I remember walking home from school with friends and two black kids tried to rob us at knifepoint. And then later, when my little brother attended the same school, he had to come home early one day because black kids punched him in the face and robbed him.

So if cops are so dangerous toward blacks, why was I safer in the presence of cops than in the presence of blacks?

Surtur

I mean if we were a small minority and still murdering at the highest rates..as a white man I'd be asking myself some hard questions like..did we bring this down upon ourselves?

Sin I AM
Really? Because I'm black, I live in a city with a high crime and gang violence rate, yet I've been arrested several times (for non violent misdemeanors), every time by a white cop, and have not once had my life threatened or felt threatened.

Conversely, I remember walking home from school with friends and two black kids tried to rob us at knifepoint. And then later, when my little brother attended the same school, he had to come home early one day because black kids punched him in the face and robbed him.

So if cops are so dangerous toward blacks, why was I safer in the presence of cops than in the presence of blacks?

So as a black man you feel safer around white cops (say getting pulled over);than other black people (who you happen to be passing walking in the "hood"wink? Is this what you're suggesting?

Darth Truculent
As a white guy (Republican/Conservative), most of the media wants you to believe that white people act like this:
https://youtu.be/LhaOkpbGp0E

Unfortunately there are many in America who believe everything the media and government tells them rather than see the evidence of life for themselves. It's sad when Americans have lost their sense of national pride and rely on the government to keep them fed, clothed and pay them for not working.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Surtur
I mean if we were a small minority and still murdering at the highest rates..as a white man I'd be asking myself some hard questions like..did we bring this down upon ourselves?

You're a monster.

Time-Immemorial

Spoken like a true white personthumb up

Lestov16
So as a black man you feel safer around white cops (say getting pulled over);than other black people (who you happen to be passing walking in the "hood"wink? Is this what you're suggesting?

I've had better experiences with white cops than with black people walking around in the hood, so.....

Number of blacks killed by police: 132
Number of blacks killed by other blacks: 2,245

So out of 2,377 murders of blacks, police committed only 5% of them, yet you expect me to believe that they're the worst problem of the black community?

Nephthys
Well, aren't there like 30+ times as many black people as there are police in america?

Sin I AM
I've had better experiences with white cops than with black people walking around in the hood, so.....

Number of blacks killed by police: 132
Number of blacks killed by other blacks: 2,245

So out of 2,377 murders of blacks, police committed only 5% of them, yet you expect me to believe that they're the worst problem of the black community?

Lol nice deflection. I wasn't asking statistics. I asked a question to a scenario you yourself posed. White officers killing blacks isn't THE worst problem in the Black community but it is a problem as blacks are often targeted.

Lestov16
Exactly, which is why blacks acting like police are the worst problem is ridiculous. The 95% problem of gang violence is only slightly addressed, but for the 5% problem, we'll march in the streets by the thousands? That's complete BS and hypocrisy.

Stigma
Exactly, which is why blacks acting like police are the worst problem is ridiculous. The 95% problem of gang violence is only slightly addressed, but for the 5% problem, we'll march in the streets by the thousands? That's complete BS and hypocrisy.
On point thumb up

socool8520
Lol nice deflection. I wasn't asking statistics. I asked a question to a scenario you yourself posed. White officers killing blacks isn't THE worst problem in the Black community but it is a problem as blacks are often targeted.

Statistics were the basis for the answer.

Lestov16

If it's not the worst problem then why is it the problem that gets the most attention and protest? If blacks are willing to march in the streets by the thousands for a 17-year old killed by police, but not 17-year olds killed far more often by gang violence, clearly there is a prioritization problem.

Raisen
You're a monster.

You lack any acceptance of responsibility. It may seem like a good thing but it's exactly why you will never truly be free or viewed as a man.

Sin I AM

Who's marching in the thousands? You mistake a few disorganized people with a tumblr account as an actual movement. And as a black person you sound disingenuous. ALL blacks dont act like police is the problem. Chicagos inner city murder rate is yesterdays news.

If it's not the worst problem then why is it the problem that gets the most attention and protest? If blacks are willing to march in the streets by the thousands for a 17-year old killed by police, but not 17-year olds killed far more often by gang violence, clearly there is a prioritization problem.

Its an internet thing.

socool8520
Who's marching in the thousands? You mistake a few disorganized people with a tumblr account as an actual movement. And as a black person you sound disingenuous. ALL blacks dont act like police is the problem. Chicagos inner city murder rate is yesterdays news.

It's this type of thinking that is a huge problem. I don't mean to be callous but the murder rate shouldn't be yesterday's news. It is a very big problem and should be focused just as much if not more than this police shooting issue. The fact that people acknowledge the inexcusable murdering of blacks at the hands of each other and then chalk it up as yesterday's news saddens me. This type of attitude on a mass scale is a big reason why nothing has changed in those communites imo.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by socool8520
It's this type of thinking that is a huge problem. I don't mean to be callous but the murder rate shouldn't be yesterday's news. It is a very big problem and should be focused just as much if not more than this police shooting issue. The fact that people acknowledge the inexcusable murdering of blacks at the hands of each other and then chalk it up as yesterday's news saddens me. This type of attitude on a mass scale is a big reason why nothing has changed in those communites imo.

Where did i state it was excusable

socool8520
Where did i state it was excusable

I didn't say you said it was excusable. I said that it was acknowledged as inexcusable and chalked up as yesterday's news. If something is recent, does that make it more important somehow?

Lestov16
A 17 year old gets murdered by the cops
The cops are found innocent and there is no justice
Thousands of protesters

A 17 year old gets murdered by gangs
Nobody wants to "snitch" so there is no justice
Zero protesters

See the problem?

Time-Immemorial
This guy noticed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2ddGVgCAAAnUf7.jpg

Lestov16
Who is he?

Sin I AM
I didn't say you said it was excusable. I said that it was acknowledged as inexcusable and chalked up as yesterday's news. If something is recent, does that make it more important somehow?

Yes. In the eyes of the media a death that happens today is more important than one that happened yesterday. Thats y it's called "news". I cant see y u cant grasp that concept.

Surtur
Sin you ever heard of the cliche stuff that is done with blacks sometimes..you know, the person who crosses the street because she see's some unknown black men hanging out further down the street? Or the person who immediately gets nervous when they are on public transportation late at night and a strange black man gets on.

Would it surprise you to know a lot of black men have these same exact feelings in regards to other blacks? I think the average non-black would be surprised how many blacks express these reservations, when you'd think it would just be little old white women or something.

socool8520
Yes. In the eyes of the media a death that happens today is more important than one that happened yesterday. Thats y it's called "news". I cant see y u cant grasp that concept.

I'm not asking about the media. I think we all are aware of their agenda. It's what you think that I am interested in.

Sin I AM
Sin you ever heard of the cliche stuff that is done with blacks sometimes..you know, the person who crosses the street because she see's some unknown black men hanging out further down the street? Or the person who immediately gets nervous when they are on public transportation late at night and a strange black man gets on.

Would it surprise you to know a lot of black men have these same exact feelings in regards to other blacks? I think the average non-black would be surprised how many blacks express these reservations, when you'd think it would just be little old white women or something.

Yea I've heard it. It's stereotyping. White men have a higher chance of being rapists but you dont see women crossing the street en masse when they appear.

Not sure what point youre trying to prove. As a woman ANY man i see that I dont know is a potential threat.

Sin I AM
I'm not asking about the media. I think we all are aware of their agenda. It's what you think that I am interested in.

Do i think blacks killing blacks is important?

socool8520
Yea I've heard it. It's stereotyping. White men have a higher chance of being rapists but you dont see women crossing the street en masse when they appear.

I have, at night.

socool8520
Do i think blacks killing blacks is important?

Sorry. Which do you think is the bigger issue is my question? You asked if Lestov felt more secure around members of the same race in his own community or Cops. You then seemed to chalk up his questions about black on black crime as old news, so I guess I'm just trying to see where you're coming from. What do you think is the bigger threat?

Surtur

Not sure what point youre trying to prove. As a woman ANY man i see that I dont know is a potential threat.

You truly don't have any inkling as to what I was getting at?

Sin I AM
Sorry. Which do you think is the bigger issue is my question? You asked if Lestov felt more secure around members of the same race in his own community or Cops. You then seemed to chalk up his questions about black on black crime as old news, so I guess I'm just trying to see where you're coming from. What do you think is the bigger threat?

Murder is murder dude. A black person is 90 percent more likely to be killed by a black person than any other group. Just as a white person is 82 percent more likely to die at the hands of another white person than any other group. But that shit doesnt matter because the media and people love interracial drama. This nation was built on it. Look at OJ case, look at Ferguson. That shit sells.

Then u have the fringes of society citing biased statistics and stereotypes further perpetuating the cycle.

The reason cops killing unarmed black men gets so much attention is because you have cops killing unarmed black men.

Surtur
Sin blacks commit 50% of the homicides so how is a white person more likely to be murdered by a white?

Maybe it has to do with locations and where people of certain races are grouped together in terms of neighborhoods, but it seems to me if a group is responsible for 50% of all murder then basically you'd be quite likely to die at their hands if you die a violent death at the hands of someone else.

But like I said the makeup of neighborhoods could factor in. It could be blacks commit 50% of all homicide, but since they are so routinely all grouped together in the same neighborhood they are just more likely to kill other blacks?

brexit
Well, well, well.

Surtur
Originally posted by brexit
Well, well, well.

Nah those are just those biased statistics Sin was talking about.

socool8520
Murder is murder dude. A black person is 90 percent more likely to be killed by a black person than any other group. Just as a white person is 82 percent more likely to die at the hands of another white person than any other group. But that shit doesnt matter because the media and people love interracial drama. This nation was built on it. Look at OJ case, look at Ferguson. That shit sells.

Then u have the fringes of society citing biased statistics and stereotypes further perpetuating the cycle.

The reason cops killing unarmed black men gets so much attention is because you have cops killing unarmed black men.

So if 90 percent of the problem is people killing their own people, then shouldn't that be the bigger problem, and the one that we create activist groups about? Tackle with more effort? I mean, me personally, I would rather get a venomous snake bite looked at before dealing with an ant sting.(assuming you're not deathly allergic to ants of course)

Also, with the percentages favoring same race violence significantly over cops on any race violence, how could you not see that lestov felt safer around the police than say, the city of Chicago.

I have no argument on the media angle. they are a huge part of the problem and should be ashamed of themselves.

They're killing unarmed people of all races. I agree that the percentage of blacks being killed is disproportionately large, but if we are going to go after the Police for killing unarmed people, why don't we include everyone they kill and stand united? Why make this a race issue and not a Police reform/training issue?

Surtur
Also why would all races die at the hands of cops evenly if they don't all commit violent crimes and resist arrest at equal rates?

This is like being shocked a lifelong smoker is more likely to come down with lung cancer as opposed to someone who smokes once in a blue moon.

If you smoke your entire life you bring cancer and death upon yourself, it doesn't mean I think you deserve to die if you are a lifelong smoker.

Scribble
Originally posted by brexit
Well, well, well. The thing about those statistics though is that if the entire population of the USA was black, the black people committing those murders, i.e. mainly gang members, wouldn't increase with the amount of people as a lot of the population would still be middle class, and the middle class don't have gang problems like people in poorer neighbourhoods. Statistics like those are useful to quickly prove a point, but they don't stand up to scrutiny, since they're based on a hypothetical that doesn't take into consideration many social and political elements that would change.

Surtur
Scribble IS correct, we certainly don't need hypothetical stats..the actual stats we have already speak volumes.

brexit
Well it depends on what the hypothetical is and how were adjusting for 100% , in pure numbers, black people have a high crime rate comparable to black countries and white people have a low crime rate comparable to white countries. But youre right, it doesnt take in other factors, which is why the white crime rate is so high.

Surtur
Also remember the white crime rate is skewed. They sometimes count hispanics as whites. Which okay fine do that as long as you count them as white when it comes to things like affirmative action too(funny story about that: they don't).

brexit
Well, white people have it rough in certain parts of the us. Thats why its a crime rate comparable to romania instead of say, germany.

socool8520
Also remember the white crime rate is skewed. They sometimes count hispanics as whites. Which okay fine do that as long as you count them as white when it comes to things like affirmative action too(funny story about that: they don't).

well, I'm considered Caucasian on my birth certificate even though I am mostly Hispanic. They don't have Mexican, Puerto Rican, etc as an option. I'm not sure about affirmative action though. I'm against it anyways. In theory, if you have non discrimination laws, then there is no need for affirmative action.

Sin I AM
Sin blacks commit 50% of the homicides so how is a white person more likely to be murdered by a white?

Maybe it has to do with locations and where people of certain races are grouped together in terms of neighborhoods, but it seems to me if a group is responsible for 50% of all murder then basically you'd be quite likely to die at their hands if you die a violent death at the hands of someone else.

But like I said the makeup of neighborhoods could factor in. It could be blacks commit 50% of all homicide, but since they are so routinely all grouped together in the same neighborhood they are just more likely to kill other blacks?

Here https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/ expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex
_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

You obviously didn't comprehend what I said

brexit
Page not found.Originally posted by Sin I AM
Here https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/ expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex

Surtur

Doesn't even work. Thinking about it I don't exactly have trouble believing I'm more likely to die at the hands of a white guy, like I said I think how neighborhoods are set up plays a part.

Just tell me this do you think the homicide rate of blacks is somehow a biased statistic? By that I mean that the stat that shows they commit homicide more than any other race.

Surtur
Something disgusting:

uj2-lxYqKg4

She even plays the whole "black people can't be racist" card.

Her response to the massive black on black crime was "all races kill their own race generally". Holy shit, I'm entertained. This movement is pure 100% entertainment now. I don't want them gone, I want them right here. If they go away people can't see how they are.

You do the work of your critics for them, for free. Which damn, that's kind of like slavery isn't it? Ouch, that has to be a pretty devastating realization.

Raisen
HAHAHAHA the old stereotype. PER CAPITA, BLACK PEOPLE HAVE THE HIGHEST INCIDENCES OF RAPE AND PEDOPHILIA. WANT A LINK? ASK AND I'LL PROVIDE.

TRUTH HURTS

Raisen
http://www.amren.com/news/2015/07/new-doj-statistics-on-race-and-violent-crime/

Raisen
https://jewamongyou.wordpress.com/2012/03/15/a-black-answer-to-black-on-white-rape-statistics/

Raisen
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf

jaden101
Something disgusting:

uj2-lxYqKg4

She even plays the whole "black people can't be racist" card.

Her response to the massive black on black crime was "all races kill their own race generally". Holy shit, I'm entertained. This movement is pure 100% entertainment now. I don't want them gone, I want them right here. If they go away people can't see how they are.

You do the work of your critics for them, for free. Which damn, that's kind of like slavery isn't it? Ouch, that has to be a pretty devastating realization.

Does anything on Fox News ever not descend into morons shouting over each other?

Surtur
Nope because you see it makes you think that Fox merely just gets two people on opposing sides, but it's more sinister. They basically require at least one moron, it's in the contract.

Raisen
I'm done trolling. Time to take a break

Surtur
You can't troll, you've been oppressed and thus can NEVER troll. F*cking slavery existed somewhere in the world at times in the past and present!

Raisen
Nah. I'm done trolling. I been going too hard. I'm really not that big of a bigot but it's fun to troll emotions once in a while. Pc is no fun at all

Raisen
You got to see the results I got in the comic vs thread. Under "what race has the best tech"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.