Feats from Ahsoka's Untold Tales

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beniboybling
People keep asking after these so I'll just post them in a thread. Below are a series of scenes that would have featured in cancelled TCW story arcs from Season 6/7, as well as some key extracts from the panel.

You can watch the full Celebration panel here.http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11117/111179633/5329492-4519548010-mYmJ9.pnghttp://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111179633/5329587-0185626906-dIwF1.png
She also easily dispatches some thugs with impressive acrobatics here:lS4sclln5J4They also talk about how all of the above was shared with and informed the upcoming Ahsoka novelmessedo I imagine we'll see reference to these events in the future.

Finally there are few vague hints that Ahsoka may have survived her fight with Vader, but they are very vague.

SunRazer
Sidious going deep into the Temple? lol

And how on earth does his Lightning not kill Ahsoka?

Beniboybling
It had something to do with the Sith shrine buried beneath the Temple, and because she's bad@ss. smile

Or the door was Force-imbued or something, like the Jedi temple on Lothal.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Beniboybling
It had something to do with the Sith shrine buried beneath the Temple, and because she's bad@ss. smile

Or the door was Force-imbued or something, like the Jedi temple on Lothal.

no

Beniboybling
Dry those tears.

DarthAnt66
For all we know, Palpatine incapacitated Tano with lightning seconds after the panel shown happened. Using this as a feat is as lolworthy as Beni's career.

Beniboybling
Lol, I think the most important takeaway is she didn't die, that and she evidently withstood in long enough to melt the lock.

FreshestSlice
Canon already took Maul's testicles. Might as well go for Sidious next.

|King Joker|
Lol, I think the most important takeaway is she didn't die, that and she evidently withstood in long enough to melt the lock. thumb up

Selenial
The feat isn't even quantifiable, there's several sources that talk about a Lightsaber's ability to absorb Force Lightning, she evidently was not feeling the full effects smile

ares834
TBH, Sidious shooting lightning up a lightsaber blade is a pretty cool feat and a fairly useful power. Everything we've seen has the saber absorb or repell it. It's also more evidence that Sheev held back against Windu as he wasn't pouring his lightning through Windu's saber.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by ares834
TBH, Sidious shooting lightning up a lightsaber blade is a pretty cool feat and a fairly useful power. Everything we've seen has the saber absorb or repell it. It's also more evidence that Sheev held back against Windu as he wasn't pouring his lightning through Windu's saber.
Sith Lords have overwhelmed Lightsaber-oriented defenses of an opponent with Force Lightning before. This is no big deal.

FreshestSlice
No, they don't. Like even if you're talking about Vitishit, it's not even remotely the same situation.
Originally posted by ares834
Except he was, which why the blade was supposed to be "bending back towards face."

Beniboybling
Not that I disagree with the idea that Sidious was holding back, but Windu was creating a superconducting loop using Vaapad.

And Sel, they do that using some form of tutaminis. Nothing suggests it's an intrinsic property of the blade, which would make little sense.

ares834

FreshestSlice
Lighting's clearly going into the saber in the film and it takes great effort to continue holding it there, as opposed to Kenobi casually absorbing Dooku's lightning. It's as in the movie as it can be.

Beniboybling
Well my understanding was that his lightning was too powerful for Ahsoka to contain hence why its spreading over her body, but I suppose the idea that he was able to bypass her lightsaber altogether is another possibility. mmm

EDIT: Yeah reading over what Filoni said I think you're right Ares:

"...and Sidious was actually on the other side of this big door sending Force lightning up her lightsaber blade and out the other side to attack her."

Didn't really pay attention to that tbh.

ares834

DarthAnt66
Lol, I think the most important takeaway is she didn't die, that and she evidently withstood in long enough to melt the lock.
Maybe because there was a massive vault in the way that was apparently great enough to prevent Palpatine from ripping it apart with telekinesis? mmm

I mean, it's not like she took on the lightning directly. She's still getting hurt from the other side as Palpatine's lightning moves down her lightsaber.

And even then, I assume the spectacle only lasted a few seconds at best.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Maybe because there was a massive vault in the way that was apparently great enough to prevent Palpatine from ripping it apart with telekinesis? mmm

I mean, it's not like she took on the lightning directly. She's still getting hurt from the other side as Palpatine's lightning moves down her lightsaber.

And even then, I assume the spectacle only lasted a few seconds at best. Right, which Palpatine bypassed by sending his lightning up her lightsaber.

On the other hand yeah, its pretty stupid to dismiss a feat in which Ahsoka endured the Force lightning of a vastly powerful Sith Lord as worthless because "there was a wall and it was probably only a few seconds hurr durr", especially when it occurs almost two decades before her prime. laughing out loud

FreshestSlice

DarthAnt66
Uh, no, it's stupid to use it as a feat - and probably the epitome of retardation to point to it as proof she can handle Vitiate's lightning like you tried to do the other day.

If she's being incapacitated literally seconds after it happens, writing it off as a feat is laughable, especially considering the massive ****ing door between them.

Since we don't know what happened beyond the immediate scene of the panel, such a situation is possible if not likely.

Besides, it's not like an entire storm of lightning is travelling down her lightsaber, lmfao.

Once again, Beni fails the Tanoites, the LGBT community, and the human race. thumb up

Selenial
And Sel, they do that using some form of tutaminis. Nothing suggests it's an intrinsic property of the blade, which would make little sense.

No, but using a Lightsaber quite evidently makes it easier to channel the energy, so there's obviously some intrinsic property that aids in the absorption of Lightning. Hence if Sidious is attempting to send Lightning through a Lightsaber blade, he'd naturally suffer immense resistance.

Otherwise every Sith would have utilized this power more freely, Dooku and Sidious included.

DarthAnt66
thumb up

Beniboybling
Uh, no, it's stupid to use it as a feat - and probably the epitome of retardation to point to it as proof she can handle Vitiate's lightning like you tried to do the other day.

If she's being incapacitated literally seconds after it happens, writing it off as a feat is laughable, especially considering the massive ****ing door between them.

Since we don't know what happened beyond the immediate scene of the panel, such a situation is possible if not likely.

Besides, it's not like an entire storm of lightning is travelling down her lightsaber, lmfao.

Once again, Beni fails the Tanoites, the LGBT community, and the human race. thumb up What part of he bypassed the door did you not get?

You've substantiated this claim with absolutely nothing but hot air, on the other hand considering that Ventress was rendered immediately inert by the vastly inferior lightning of Count Dooku, yeah its a feat, and your attempts to suggest otherwise strikes of desperation. ermOriginally posted by Selenial
No, but using a Lightsaber quite evidently makes it easier to channel the energy, so there's obviously some intrinsic property that aids in the absorption of Lightning. Hence if Sidious is attempting to send Lightning through a Lightsaber blade, he'd naturally suffer immense resistance.

Otherwise every Sith would have utilized this power more freely, Dooku and Sidious included. "A lightsaber is a good conductor of lightning therefore its a bad conductor", lol I see no further need to respond.

Syndicate
Wait a moment. When Jinn attempts to melt the door in front of him in TPM he seem to pushing the lightsaber in all the way to its hilt so that it's touching the door. Tano seems to be doing the same. Wouldn't it make more sense for Sidious's Lightning to have simply been conducted through the metal of the door so that it traveled through the tip of her hilt and out the other side rather then Sidious having a completely new ability?

DarthAnt66
What part of he bypassed the door did you not get?
What part of "that isn't a direct quote and rather from your worthless fanfic diary" do you not get?

https://www.amazon.com/Teaching-Kids-Read-Dummies-Tracey/dp/0764540432

Beniboybling
What part of "that isn't a direct quote and rather from your worthless fanfic diary" do you not get?https://media.giphy.com/media/Av72crBYNiEYo/giphy.gifOriginally posted by Syndicate
Wait a moment. When Jinn attempts to melt the door in front of him in TPM he seem to pushing the lightsaber in all the way to its hilt so that it's touching the door. Tano seems to be doing the same. Wouldn't it make more sense for Sidious's Lightning to have simply been conducted through the metal of the door so that it traveled through the tip of her hilt and out the other side rather then Sidious having a completely new ability? If the door could conduct his lightning he should have just blown it apart, on the other hand Dave describes quite explicitly what occurred.

DarthAnt66
"Human trash defends his trash argument with a moving image of human trash."

So much trash. thumb up

cs_zoltan
Slowly, but surely Ahsoka wank overtakes Kun as the most cancerous.

Beniboybling
"Human trash defends his trash argument with a moving image of human trash."

So much trash. thumb up I reckon I lost a few brain cells reading your posts, yeah.

Selenial
"A lightsaber is a good conductor of lightning therefore its a bad conductor", lol I see no further need to respond.

Where did I say anywhere that it was a good or bad conductor? erm

Lightsabers are circuits that store, convert and recycle electricity. The Blade Emitter turns electricity into a magnetic field, and can convert said magnetic field back into energy to be stored. If Force Lightning is blocked by a Lightsaber, feeding the energy back into the blade to be recycled would be a natural thing for the Emitter Matrix to do.

To get Lightning protruding from the other side, one would have to pump more energy into the Lightsaber than said blade can contain or store, which given everything we know about Lightsabers, would be immense.

How much of Sidious' power would be required for this is impossible to tell, nor would how much power could be protruded from the other side. The fact is however the Lightsaber would limit Sidious' power, and given his refusal to use this technique against the likes of Yoda and Windu, it probably reduces the Lightning significantly enough to where it would not harm them.

Which is why I deemed this feat at the beginning of the thread:

Originally posted by Selenial
unquantifiable

DarthAnt66
Sel bringing in the trash truck to clean this bullshit up. thumb up

Syndicate
Originally posted by Syndicate
Wait a moment. When Jinn attempts to melt the door in front of him in TPM he seem to pushing the lightsaber in all the way to its hilt so that it's touching the door. Tano seems to be doing the same. Wouldn't it make more sense for Sidious's Lightning to have simply been conducted through the metal of the door so that it traveled through the tip of her hilt and out the other side rather then Sidious having a completely new ability?

Beniboybling
@Sel, assuming your statements on how lightsabers work to be accurate, we do actually have an idea of how might be required to overwhelm a lightsaber given that Malgus was able to blow through Leneer's lightsaber defenses quite throughly.

And considering that Leneer is herself, extremely powerful, "immense" is a massive overestimation.

Ziggystardust
I don't know... between Ashoka's feat and Samuel Jackson's revelation of Mace's survival, Sheev is really loosing his knack for killing people. laughing out loud

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Samuel Jackson's revelation of Mace's survivalno

Selenial
@Sel, assuming your statements on how lightsabers work to be accurate, we do actually have an idea of how might be required to overwhelm a lightsaber given that Malgus was able to blow through Leneer's lightsaber defenses quite throughly.

And considering that Leneer is herself, extremely powerful, evidently not very much.

Except she had initially been given no pause by Malgus' lightning:

She was also injured in the second case, and Malgus had just received one of the greatest emotion-based amps we've seen.

So yes, Malgus could overpower a Lightsaber, that's not exactly surprising. Given she was wounded and could literally barely see straight, I'm not surprised she dropped her blades when they failed her.

Windu seemed to be enduring Palpatine's attempts quite handily. And this being a more concentrated and rage-filled Palpatine than one haphazardly attempting to kill Ahsoka.

And yet we have no idea how long she lasted. So again, for the third time:

The feat isn't even quantifiable

Beniboybling
Except she had initially been given no pause by Malgus' lightning:

She was also injured in the second case, and Malgus had just received one of the greatest emotion-based amps we've seen.

So yes, Malgus could overpower a Lightsaber, that's not exactly surprising. Given she was wounded and could literally barely see straight, I'm not surprised she dropped her blades when they failed her.

Windu seemed to be enduring Palpatine's attempts quite handily. And this being a more concentrated and rage-filled Palpatine than one haphazardly attempting to kill Ahsoka.

And yet we have no idea how long she lasted. So again, for the third time: What's your point? He still doesn't hold a candle to Sidious, and he accomplished the feat with casual ease. If Sidious had been in her situation, and Leneer had been at full strength, I see no reason to believe the same thing would not have occurred.

As for Windu dealing with an "all-out" Sidious' lightning "quite handily", in what universe? Lol.

And once again, considering she was able to lock the door successfully it must have been for at least a few seconds. Which is yeah, a feat.

EDIT: This being assuming he did "overload" her lightsaber, rather than bypass it's absorption altogether.

ares834

Selenial
What's your point? He still doesn't hold a candle to Sidious, and he accomplished the feat with casual ease. If Sidious had been in her situation, and Leneer had been at full strength, I see no reason to believe the same thing would not have occurred.

As for Windu dealing with an "all-out" Sidious' lightning "quite handily", in what universe? Lol.

And once again, considering she was able to lock the door successfully it must have been for at least a few seconds. Which is yeah, a feat.

No part of the text indicates his attempt was casual. He held is hand out in a casual gesture, but Leneer makes note of the fact Malgus had put more power into that Lightning than she had ever felt from him previously. It also doesn't described the Lightning overpowering her blades, only that the force knocked them from her hands, that's not the same thing. Especially given how weak she was.

Windu managed to redirect the energy back at Palpatine. Given how easily the Lightning dispatches him afterwards (even with his injury) the lightsaber was obviously doing a lot of the legwork.

And no, since it would take Palpatine a second to react to her attempts, some time for the Lightning to overpower the blade and the fact the Lightsaber would likely stay for a small amount of time while she falls, no she didn't have to tank it.

She may have, but we don't know. So for the fourth time now:

The feat isn't even quantifiable

DarthAnt66
At this point, Sel is just kicking Beni's grotesque corpse.

Ziggystardust
Regarding Malgus I'm Not too sure bout this anymore. If Ashoka is surviving Sidious' killing intent for anything longer than a couple of seconds, we can pretty much say goodbye to 'the most powerful' sith lord of all time.

Zenwolf
Except Sidious in this New Canon hasn't been toted as the most powerful Sith Lord of all time.

cs_zoltan
IIrc he was said the be perhaps the most powerful sith of all time in canon.

Syndicate

Zenwolf
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
IIrc he was said the be perhaps the most powerful sith of all time in canon.

Perhaps being the keyword.

DarthAnt66
"Perhaps the most powerful Sith of all time, Darth Sidious uses lies and treachery to cause the fall of the Republic."

--Star Wars: Explore the Galaxy

And then a new Star Wars sticker book stated he "arguably is..." thumb up

Syndicate

Zenwolf
So there is some wiggle room.

Ziggystardust
"Perhaps the most powerful Sith of all time, Darth Sidious uses lies and treachery to cause the fall of the Republic."

Says nothing regarding his Power in the Force. Next.

ares834

And then a new Star Wars sticker book stated he "arguably is..." thumb up

Yep. Vader is called the most powerful Sith in Star Wars: The Force Awakens Visual Dictionary. smile

Beniboybling
Syn I already responded to your point lol, stop spamming.

Syndicate
Syn I already responded to your point lol, stop spamming.

Filoni states the door was unable to conduct electricity?

Beniboybling
Filoni stated that Sidious attacked her by channelling his energy through her lightsaber and out the other end, not by your suggestion. thumb up

MythLord
Non-canon. thumb up

Beniboybling
@Sel, I misread the source on knocking her blades away, so I won't bother pressing that point.

A better example would probably be Palpatine's employment of Force lightning against Mace, which you've entirely misconstrued. Sidious was feigning weakness, and never intended to overpower Windu, yet despite that the power of his lightning is described by Mace as "beyond Vaapad" (in its highest form). Ahsoka is neither as powerful as Windu nor does she possess his mastery over Vaapad, not even remotely, and Sidious has no reason to hold back.

Given that he should have been able to overload her lightsaber without much difficulty, and therefore without much mitigation to the strength of his lightning.

Regardless you missed my edit, your argument doesn't really account for Ares' reading.Originally posted by Selenial
And no, since it would take Palpatine a second to react to her attempts, some time for the Lightning to overpower the blade and the fact the Lightsaber would likely stay for a small amount of time while she falls, no she didn't have to tank it.To address this, considering that this is the door to the Holocron Vault it stands to reason it is extremely resilient and resistant to forced entry via a lightsaber. Far more resilient than say the blast doors it took Jinn several seconds to melt in TPM. So I'd have to disagree.

Perhaps more importantly though is that the drawing focuses on Ahsoka enduring the lightning, rather than succumbing to it, suggesting its the most focal, rather than a fleeting moment as your arguing.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by MythLord
Non-canon. thumb up

Yes actually.

Can you confirm the artwork is canon, Beni?

|King Joker|
Come on now, we all know this shit will be eventually officially canonized in the future. smile

Syndicate
Filoni stated that Sidious attacked her by channelling his energy through her lightsaber and out the other end, not by your suggestion. thumb up

The hilt counts as apart of the lightsaber does it not?

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Come on now, we all know this shit will be eventually officially canonized in the future. smile

Is this really what the Ashoka brigade are resting their fantasies on..?

In which case Mace survived, and Palaptine's lightning has about as much effectiveness as taser gun.

ares834
The hilt counts as apart of the lightsaber does it not?

facepalm

Just read the damn quote... He is channeling it up her "lightsaber blade".

Zenwolf
@Sel, I misread the source on knocking her blades away, so I won't bother pressing that point.

A better example would probably be Palpatine's employment of Force lightning against Mace, which you've entirely misconstrued. Sidious was feigning weakness, and never intended to overpower Windu, yet despite that the power of his lightning is described by Mace as "beyond Vaapad" (in its highest form). Ahsoka is neither as powerful as Windu nor does she possess his mastery over Vaapad, not even remotely, and Sidious has no reason to hold back.

Given that he should have been able to overload her lightsaber without much difficulty, and therefore without much mitigation to the strength of his lightning.

Regardless you missed my edit, your argument doesn't really account for Ares' reading.

Beni I'm not sure you can fit Legends into Canon, two entirely separate things here and just makes everything weird.

|King Joker|
Is this really what the Ashoka brigade are resting their fantasies on..?

In which case Mace survived, and Palaptine's lightning has about as much effectiveness as taser gun. Not really fatasies when the story group and people who wrote the scenes said they would be referenced in Ahsoka's novel. thumb up

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Beni I'm not sure you can fit Legends into Canon, two entirely separate things here and just makes everything weird. Well this scene was informed by George, and those novels were line-edited by him, so I see no reason for there to be any notable inconsistencies.

MythLord
And suddenly, no references of Sidious frying a b!tch will be made, and all Tano wankers will be silenced.

Beniboybling
Yes actually.

Can you confirm the artwork is canon, Beni? You read the OP yes? These scenes are part of an internal continuity they use to inform Canon, like Rebels and the upcoming Ahsoka novel. So I see no reason to doubt their accuracy.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Not really fatasies when the story group and people who wrote the scenes said they would be referenced in Ahsoka's novel. thumb up

Well your guess is as good as mine then. So I shall expect that humble pie will taste all the more bitter when the novel is released, and what you've come to expect hasn't materialized.

Beniboybling
Well your guess is as good as mine then. So I shall expect that humble pie will taste all the more bitter when the novel is released, and what you've come to expect hasn't materialized. Irrelevant lol, these scenes being used to inform Canon as events they consider to "have happened" legitimises them as reliable material whether ultimately referenced or not.

Not that Maul's fight with Ahsoka hasn't been already.

Ziggystardust
Irrelevant lol, these scenes being used to inform Canon as events they consider to "have happened" legitimises them as reliable material whether ultimately referenced or not.

Trying to decipher the meaning behind this is giving me aids.

I am not arguing with you, I merely asked a question. Are the scans presented in this thread Canon? I'm not going to bank on stuff that may or may not appear in the Ashoka novel that has not come out yet.

Beniboybling
Your feigned innocence is cute, but try doing that before making your agenda blatantly clear. wink

Anyway, the short answer. In the respect that they've been officially published? No. But the material remains reliable nonetheless.

MythLord
Much like Dooku stomping Boba's Bounty Hunter crew in the original storyline... oh no wait, that didn't happen instead he got ambushed and captured...

It's a concept, much like Maul choking Sidious, or Han Solo being a green fish guy or Yoda being > Sidious. It was made, but ultimately not rendered into canon and is thus not to be taken seriously.

Beniboybling
What? We don't see what happened in the end, but yeah I assume he fought them and lost.

Read the OP, Dave says 95% of the time these "concepts" reach the final episodes, and if he didn't intend them to be taken seriously, he wouldn't have given them to Johnston as source material to be taken... seriously. erm

Zenwolf
Han Solo being a green fish guy .

Well that concept was used in The Star Wars comic series.

Still wish we could have gotten a parallel ongoing for that Universe...

MythLord
What? We don't see what happened in the end, but yeah I assume he fought them and lost.

So he goes from murking them, to getting murked by them? Totally the same thing.

Read the OP, Dave says 95% of the time these "concepts" reach the final episodes, and if he didn't intend them to be taken seriously, he wouldn't have given them to Johnston as source material to be taken... seriously. erm

95% of stuff, and we know Ahsoka tanking lightning from someone Dave builds up as "untouchable" and all powerful is definitely in that 95%? I'm willing to bet it's in the 5%, tbh. Though I guess we'll wait for the novel.

Beniboybling
So he goes from murking them, to getting murked by them? Totally the same thing.All we know is he ended up trapped in webbing, which could have been a cheapshot.Is that direct quote or something you made up? Anyway, your assumptions on what Dave thinks aside again, if he didn't intend it to be taken seriously 1. I doubt we'd ever have seen it 2. he certainly wouldn't have shared it with Johnston as material to inform Canon, that just doesn't make sense.

But yeah if the novel says otherwise you'll have a point. thumb up

Fated Xtasy
Lol these bitches take the Utapau arcs and shit seriously, but not this. Make your minds up lmao

Beni destroyed y'all tbfh.

Beniboybling
As well as KOTOR cut content and the opinions of Chris Avellone, lmao indeed.

Fated Xtasy
As well as KOTOR cut content and the opinions of Chris Avellone, lmao indeed.

That too LMFAO.

i wish TCW woulda continued

Zenwolf
Was there any real reason why it didn't? I'm not sure just because of them making a new show, meant that they couldn't have finished off TCW and then do Rebels, especially since it's by the same team.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Was there any real reason why it didn't? I'm not sure just because of them making a new show, meant that they couldn't have finished off TCW and then do Rebels, especially since it's by the same team. Honestly its my biggest gripe against the Disney administration, Season 6 and 7 sounded like it would be amazing. And the Utapau arc was one of the best I'd seen.

But I guess they wanted to ramp up interest in the OT, that it was too expensive.

Fated Xtasy
Tbf if that hadn't occured wed never get Vader VS Ahsoka tbh

Not to mention more droid arcs!yes

Beniboybling
Well I reckon Rebels could have/would have happened anyway, but its some recompense I suppose. Some. uhuh

Darth Thor
^ We could have still got Rebels after TCW finished properley. As far as I can tell they had no plans to kill Ahsoka off during TCW.

Beniboybling
Yeah, Dave & George were talking about Vader vs Ahsoka before Rebels was even conceived.

cs_zoltan
95% of stuff, and we know Ahsoka tanking lightning from someone Dave builds up as "untouchable" and all powerful is definitely in that 95%? I'm willing to bet it's in the 5%, tbh. Though I guess we'll wait for the novel.

Let's not pretend Filoni wouldn't shit all over Sidious, or even the Ones for that matter, to wank Ahsoka.

Selenial

Other than the fact excessive use of the Dark Side risked his exposure to the Jedi. Or the fact he has yet to go all out against a single Force Wielder in TCW, how do you know he didn't intend to use Ahsoka in the same way he intended to use Maul?

And who are you to define how much difficulty it takes to overload a Lightsaber? You are arbitrarily defining how much of Sidious' power it would take.

Incorrect. A single handheld thermal detonator opened the Jedi Vault in the two-part episode Holocron Heist and Cargo of Doom. Hardly beyond a Lightsaber to break through then, is it.

And no, the concept art focuses on the very concept of channeling Lightning through a blade. Hardly relevant if she's already convulsing on the floor, where she belongs. smile

Beniboybling
Other than the fact excessive use of the Dark Side risked his exposure to the Jedi. Or the fact he has yet to go all out against a single Force Wielder in TCW, how do you know he didn't intend to use Ahsoka in the same way he intended to use Maul?To do what lol, lure out her Sidious-tier parent? This is grasping. ermNo, I'm drawing logical conclusions, which you are trying to poke holes in, with increasing desperation I might add, in order to claim "hurr durr unquantifiable".

But frankly I'm seeing nothing arbitrary in assuming that Sidious should meet little resistance in overloading Tano's lightsaber, when he's all but overpowered a vastly superior defence without fully trying.No he just destroys the lock, evidenced from the fact that the door, while open, is undamaged. Which yeah, is a testament to its durability. thumb upYeah and Ahsoka enduring the results. smile

On the other hand naw, depicting Ahsoka recoiling from a crackling lightsaber rather than gripping and enduring it would depict that concept just as well.

cs_zoltan
Sidious' lightning was obviously weakened, so unless you can put a number on how much it was weakened it makes the feat unquantifiable. Simple as that.

I mean Dooku's lightning knocked Anakin out for a couple of seconds. Sidious >>> Dooku, Anakin >>> Ahsoka.

Beniboybling
Hardly, it's illogical to argue the mitigation would have been considerable, so there are limits to the how weakened you can claim it to be.

Certainly not weaker than someone vastly inferior to him, like Dooku - who no, was only able to knock out Anakin after seriously weakening him, and incapacitating him in a Force choke. And even then it took him like 6 seconds lol.

cs_zoltan
Cancer and retarded thumb up

https://youtu.be/eQATBFIZ13o?t=2m43s

Beniboybling
Lol Anakin was not knocked out by that, despite being blown into a pillar. erm

|King Joker|
He threw Anakin violently against two pillars, and even then Anakin is getting up, what, one or two seconds later? Terrible example, Zoltan. smile

cs_zoltan
I said only couple of seconds.

But sure let's ignore the fact that Anakin shits all over TCW Ahsoka and that Sidious' shit shits all over Dooku thumb up

This must be one of the most pathetic wank I ever saw.

|King Joker|
Rewatching it, Anakin probably wasn't even KO'd. The screen cuts away for 2 seconds and he's already halfway standing when the screen cuts back to him.

Beniboybling
People don't fall unconscious for a couple of seconds lol, he just had to pick himself up off the ground. It literally means nothing.

And of course, this feat only demonstrates that TCW Anakin doesn't shit on Ahsoka at all. thumb up

Selenial
To do what lol, lure out her Sidious-tier parent? This is grasping. erm

Oh, if only Sidious was trying to turn someone to the Dark Side who happened to have an incredible emotional attachment to her sad

So just to clarify, to you, the "logical" conclusion is that TCW Ahsoka can tank Sidious' lightning?

Except Windu was redirecting the Lightning from his blade back at Sidious. They're not even remotely similar.

The "logical conclusion" for Ahsoka's actions here is that she was melting the lock to keep the door firmly closed, so nah.

"Enduring - Adjective - lasting over a period of time; durable."

Please tell me how you can decipher her "enduring" the Lightning from a single still image. Please tell me how you know she hasn't just plunged her Lightsaber into the door, or that the Lightning has only just began to seep from her blade? smile

It's almost like we don't have enough information to apply the feat. Where have I heard that before? mmm

cs_zoltan
People don't fall unconscious for a couple of seconds lol, he just had to pick himself up off the ground. It literally means nothing.

People also don't move faster than we can see, move things with their mind and shoot lightning from their hands erm

And of course, this feat only demonstrates that TCW Anakin doesn't shit on Ahsoka at all. thumb up

You two should consider the fact that nobody takes this "feat" seriously besides you.

And you give shit to Legends and AP for wanking. Sad really.

|King Joker|
You two should consider the fact that nobody takes this "feat" seriously besides you. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2N28w3SdLd4/VeRz-umgXNI/AAAAAAAAToc/02YT4cXfgkw/s1600/hunny-storm-coming.gif

Selenial
And you give shit to Legends and AP for wanking. Sad really.

http://i.imgur.com/f7FdEdG.jpg

On a list of cancerous bias, I genuinely now have LeGenD below Beni smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
TCW Anakin stomps Ahsoka.

Beniboybling
People also don't move faster than we can see, move things with their mind and shoot lightning from their hands ermThat is a legit retarded response. erm

Beniboybling
Oh, if only Sidious was trying to turn someone to the Dark Side who happened to have an incredible emotional attachment to her sadIn which case killing her is totally not a good idea. Right. ermFor a few seconds, evidently, I'm sorry that pains you so. smile

But of course as I said on the first page, the main take away is that she didn't die.
Which proves what?
I'm failing to see your point.I believe I made that point already, lol.

cs_zoltan
That is a legit retarded response. erm

Coming from you I take that as a compliment smile

Selenial
For a few seconds, evidently, I'm sorry that pains you so. smile

But of course as I said on the first page, the main take away is that she didn't die.

She didn't die to unqunatifiably powerful lightning. How unquantifiable of her smile

Windu was redirecting the Lightning at Sidious, therefore the blade was not technically being overpowered, because Windu was using Tutaminis and Vapaad to control as much of Sidious' lightning as his powers allowed him to. It's why he was straining so much.

To put it into plain terms, let's say a lightsaber can take 100 arbitrary units of Force Lightning at once before it begins to overload. Let's say Sidious was sending 150 at Windu. If Windu has the power to redirect 90 of it back at Sidious, the Lightsaber will not overload, even if the same effects (Lightning coming from the blade) are visible.

On the flip side, it could be that Sidious is sending 150 at Windu and Windu is only able to redirect 55 units back at Sidious. The blade takes 95 and survives, barely.

Ahsoka would take 50 from her blade overloading.

So in that scenario, yes, Windu's feat could be used to gauge Ahsoka's and she'd be an incredibly impressive Force Wielder.

The fact is however, if you cannot fill in any of the variables in this example (Comparative strength of Sidious' lightning, how much a blade can absorb, how much Windu was redirecting and how much Ahsoka was subjected to) the feat is unquantifiable. It may be her best, it may be her worst, you cannot be the judge of that any more than I can. Therefore it's a frankly irrelevant feat, unless you look at it from Sidious' end.

Nephthys

Obi-Wan did.

DarthAnt66
Dooku did in Dark Disciple. erm

Beniboybling
If you could prove that was the case for Anakin, you and Neph might have a point - however considering he couldn't do the same to Ventress I doubt it.

EDIT: And it was less than two seconds, if we are being accurate.

cs_zoltan
That's not the point. A far inferior lightning to Sidious' had a greater effect on a far greater force user than Ahsoka. Do the math.

Beniboybling
Except it didn't so...

Beniboybling
And Sel I'm not really getting your point at all, seems like your overcomplicating the issue immensely. erm

Whatever amount of energy Windu might be able to handle, it should remain vastly above what a lightsaber would be capable of in the hand of Ahsoka, whatever variables you might choose to plug in.

Selenial
And Sel I'm not really getting your point at all, seems like your overcomplicating the issue immensely. erm

Whatever amount of energy Windu might be able to handle, it should remain vastly above what a lightsaber would be capable of in the hand of Ahsoka, whatever variables you might choose to plug in.

There is no simpler way of explaining this.

I'm just going to take this as a concession.

Beniboybling
Okay dear, I'm tiring of this debate anyway so I'll make a final point and call it a day.

To put it plainly, through the level of Vaapad Windu was using (i.e. the kind that enabled him to stalemate Sidious) the extent to which he should be able to amp his lightsaber defences above the average should be immense (irrespective of how effective a lightsaber is at absorbing lightning, or whatever other variables you might employ) and the upper limit of what Sidious can overwhelm, equally immense. Well exceeding what Ahsoka at this age, possesses. Therefore through no amount of mental gymnastics could the low end of this feat be estimated to be say, sub-Dooku level. Its just inconceivable to believe that a lightsaber wielded by Ahsoka could diminish his lightning to such a vast extent, as that is the gap that exists between their powers.

Even if he wasn't trying to kill her, or otherwise not using the fullest extent of his abilities (which I'd remind you, he wasn't against Windu), it must be at least, in notable excess of that. And it's hardly sense making to suggest otherwise.

As for the extent to which she endured this lightning, I would again reiterate that the fact that this panel focuses on that act, would warrant it being at least a few seconds. I would also note that Filoni describes the act of sealing the door as happening simultaneous to Sidious attacking her, which would have itself demanded several seconds, through a few of which, she was evidently being zapped.

On the other hand, I don't disagree that his lightning would have been diminished, and acknowledge that we can't really be specific on how potent it would, nor can we conclude on what kind of after effects Ahsoka would have underwent, whether it be a KO or just incapacitation.

Regardless, I maintain that we can say, with confidence that 1. She was subject to Force lightning stronger than Dooku's 2. did so for at least a few seconds. Which yes, gives us a frame of reference by which we can quantify this feat. As in less a few seconds (and sometimes less) Dooku has KO'ed Sora Bulq, AotC Anakin and incapacitated Ventress. This, after accounting for the circumstances we do not know i.e. whether or not Ahsoka was KO'ed, balanced against how much stronger than Dooku's lightning it was, in the league of these individuals, be it between or above.

Which considering she was entrusted with capturing Darth Maul, and at least performed competently in this mission, makes sense, and yes, is a feat. thumb up

Nephthys
Ahsoka Dooku-level.

http://i.imgur.com/xUQMpb9.gif

Beniboybling
I think you might have misread something darling. Nice gif tho.

Selenial
Beni, you're still missing the entire point of this debate.

The fact is, the Windu vs Sheev fight cannot be applied to this argument, because Windu was redirecting the Lightning himself. The only thing we can draw from that encounter that is relevant to this debate, is the fact the gap between Vapaad!Windu and Sheev is less than is required to overwhelm a Lightsaber.

That means nothing, it doesn't help, because we know for a fact that they were nigh-equals in this state.

You say it's inconceivable that the blade could make such a difference, but it's really not. If overcharging a Lightsaber was easy, and the nearly full effect of your Lightning could be felt by the opponent, why did Vitiate not manage to overwhelm the Hero of Tython's blade? Why could Dooku not overwhelm Kenobi's? Why could Krayt not overwhelm Cade's? That example likely being the most prevalent, because Krayt's Lightning would be capable of one shorting Cade through his blade if your ridiculous notion stood true.

The fact is, it's immensely difficult. Lightsabers hold immeasurable levels of Energy, and handle it all at once. That's why we haven't seen countless powerful Sith Lords make use of a power as useful as you suggest this is, because frankly it's not as useful as you suggest. It's not combat applicable because the Lightning produced by the blade itself is markedly weaker than the original cast.

I appreciate you agreeing that the Lightning was weaker, but I find the notion that you categorically claim it above Dooku's as abhorrent.

AncientPower
Because let's not forget, Sidious always goes all out, 100% of the time. thumb up

Selenial
Oh don't worry, we've had that discussion.

It's one of the 18,000 variables Beni feels confident enough to fill in, that just so happens to wank Ahsoka as much as possible smile

Darth Thor
^ I think Beni's point is that a normal shot from Palpatine is likely still > Dooku's best shot.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ I think Beni's point is that a normal shot from Palpatine is likely still > Dooku's best shot.

The gap is starting to close though tbh.

MythLord

Son of Dathomir disagrees thumb up

Nephthys
How so?

SunRazer
I think he means SoD agrees - based on their performance against Maul. Sidious was doing more damage with what appeared to be less effort.

cs_zoltan

Yeah but not through a door and a lightsaber smile

MythLord
Originally posted by Nephthys
How so?

An injured Dooku's lightning helped Sidious turn the tide on Mother Talzin. Given how prior to that, Talzin and Sidious were equals, this would make Dooku's lightning at least a noticeable addition to Palpatine's power given how quickly Talzin started getting overwhelmed.

If Dooku's lightning, by comparison to Sidious' casual bursts, was far less, then it wouldn't have been so quick and so decisive an edge for Tyranus and Sidious. What further aids this argument would be Talzin gaining an additional boost from Maul, yet still getting quickly overwhelmed and forced to use a Force Barrier instead of continuing her lightning barrage.

Nephthys
That doesn't suggest that at all.

When you're going 100 at each other, one side adding a 30 is going to tip the balance.

Maul is less powerful than Dooku is, big deal.

MythLord
Kinda does. If Dooku's lightning is so far beneath Sidious', then an injured Dooku's lightning wouldn't have added such a significant effect so quickly.

Talzin would've at least held out for longer before being put on the defensive, especially while amped by Maul.

An injured Dooku, no less thumb up

Selenial
That doesn't stand true. Talzin's force barrier wasn't necessarily out of necessity for her own defense, but Maul's. She needed to protect him. She obviously still had fight left in her because she cast Lightning at Maul to blast him away while simultaneously holding off Sidious and Dooku...

MythLord
Then I question why she didn't press forward, with Maul's aid and then overpower the duo, unless she doubted their ability to overpower them.

And after Maul is gone, she still just holds the Barrier until GG kills her.

Beniboybling

AncientPower
Ah yes, because we all know that the scenario is precisely the same Beni, oh wait...

Beniboybling
You are right its quite different, namely Ahsoka is way less powerful, has no Vaapad, and Sidious was letting the lightning bounce back in his face, rather than channelling up and out his blade.

Ziggystardust
http://i.imgur.com/WTDnnwE.gif

MythLord
Ahsoka > Mace Windu confirmed, apparently.

This wank is getting out of hand.

Beniboybling
Because that's what I said, right.

MythLord
Don't kid anybody, you're alluding to it, filthy Tano wanker smile

Beniboybling
If that's what you want to believe, I couldn't possibly comment. smile

DarthDuelist9
Don't kid anybody, you're alluding to it, filthy Tano wanker smile

Says the Dooku wanker....;p

MythLord
Dooku > Tano, tho. thumb up

Beniboybling
For now. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.