Orbalisk Darth Bane speculation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BazookaMaster
We saw Darth Bane in orbalisk was practically invincible. The armor is fully resistant to lightsabers. It can be damaged only with electricity and thus by Force Lightning.

Obvious thing, it doesn't make the person inside invincible. If there is something hitting the armor with large impact, the impact goes to Bane. Bone can break, skull too. Normal Force powers and physical strikes can get to Bane and put him out.

But can Darth Bane be defeated by a lightsaber? If we have lightsabers only fight, can Darth Bane be defeated?

I think he can't be defeated in lightsabers only. Maybe Yoda, Palpatine and Luke can, maybe.

The reason is this. You have to be better than your adversary to break his defense and cut him. Obvious. But how super superior you have to be to hit his microsize hole in the armor? Orbalisk armor can only be hit in small gaps around joints and stuff like that. That's not just pierceing somebody's defenses. You got to be ridicolosly better to hit him in something that small. And you have to do that many times. That is because one cut through joints can disable one limb, but Bane can go on fighting. Weaker next time, weaker and weaker, but that's still near-impossible task to hit that small gap.

I'm not Bane wanker. Bane has much superior fighters. Obi-Wan Kenobi, Maul, Cade Skywalker, Revan, Hero of Tython, Exar Kun and more. Not to mention Mace, Vader and others. But how many are so superior, they can almost speedblitz Bane? You have to be near seeing Bane in slow motion to cut such a small gap. Or you have to have many people in support and time for that detailed targeting. But we are talking 1 versus 1.

What are your points on my analysis?

BazookaMaster
bump

MythLord
Ah, no limit fallacies for Bane's Orbalisks, great.

Cade, Maul, Kenobi and HoT... better... than Bane... ayy lmao.

Anyways, anyone more skilled than Bane and precise enough should beat him in a duel. He can defend his vulnerable points, but to the point that a more tactical and masterful fighter can't exploit a defensive lapse and land a hit on them.

BazookaMaster
Well, but ya know...

One thing is to pierce somebody's defenses and hit him with a saber.

Second thing is to pierce somebody's defenses and hit him in microweak spot. You know, like it's one skill to cut somebody with a knife IRL, but second skill to be so better than this guy, to cut him with a knife specifically in wrist for exampel.

MythLord
You misunderstand. The Orbalisk has clear vulnerable points, as small as they are. Bane's neck and his wrists are exposed and a skilled duelist, who happens to be precise(i.e. Krayt, Dooku, Vader, etc.) should be more than capable of exploiting a defensive lapse and landing a hit on one of these vulnerable points.

In which case, Bane is sorta screwed.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by MythLord
Cade, Maul, Kenobi and HoT... better... than Bane... ayy lmao.

It's true tho.

BazookaMaster
Originally posted by MythLord
You misunderstand. The Orbalisk has clear vulnerable points, as small as they are. Bane's neck and his wrists are exposed and a skilled duelist, who happens to be precise(i.e. Krayt, Dooku, Vader, etc.) should be more than capable of exploiting a defensive lapse and landing a hit on one of these vulnerable points.

In which case, Bane is sorta screwed.

But combat not working this way. When someone has opening, it's not hole body. It's just like...

When opening happens, it is part of the forearm, the legs, or things like that. Openings are not "global".

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
It's true tho.
thumb up

MythLord
Originally posted by BazookaMaster
But combat not working this way. When someone has opening, it's not hole body. It's just like...

When opening happens, it is part of the forearm, the legs, or things like that. Openings are not "global".

Obviously, I'm not saying openings are "global", but an opening or defensive lapse would allow any skilled enough Sith to land a solid hit, which then screws Bane over if that hit happens to be on the wrists or neck.

Nephthys
Because it's that easy to hit a tiny spot on a guy who can slap lightsabers aside, whose defense has been termed as impenetrable while he's going apeshit bananas on you almost unimpeded.

Who can almost instantly regenerate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.