Psylocke Vs Backlash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
Backlash in his prime.

http://i64.tinypic.com/vigqdl.jpg

vs

http://i63.tinypic.com/288ppog.jpg

Vanguard
I love that poster man.

Backlash in his prime should be able to mist into Psylockes body and burst out through her pores. I've seen him do it once or twice.

StyleTime
In her prime, she should be able to turn his mind off.

Zack M
Originally posted by StyleTime
In her prime, she should be able to turn his mind off.

Backlash's psi whips can disrupt tp/tk powers.

StyleTime
I'm aware. I was responding to the "mist into body and explode" argument. If Marc is going CIS-less, then Psylocke can respond in kind. Quite frankly, he does not want to play the ultra high feat game with her.

Average for both combatants will be interesting though. Similar physical stats and skills with some power shenanigans they can both do.

Zack M
I'm aware. I was responding to the "mist into body and explode" argument. If Marc is going CIS-less, then Psylocke can respond in kind. Quite frankly, he does not want an ultra high-end feat war against Psylocke. She's done some dumb stuff.

Average for both combatants will be interesting though. Similar physical stats and skills with some power shenanigans they can both do.

Who do you think is more skilled? I'm leaning towards Backlash, since he has way more experience and his fights with Zealot.

Agility and speed also goes to Backlash. He's basically like Spider-Man with ninja abilities.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Zack M
Backlash's psi whips can disrupt tp/tk powers.

Psylocke has bypassed such equipment.

Zack M
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Psylocke has bypassed such equipment.

She's never fought anyone like backlash.

DarkSaint85
She's never fought anyone like backlash.

Fantomex has a helmet which blocks Xavier and JEan combined, Shadow King etc..

Betsy bypassed it.

Zack M
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Fantomex has a helmet which blocks Xavier and JEan combined, Shadow King etc..

Betsy bypassed it.

That's good, but what I meant is that she's never fought someone with the same power set and physical attributes. How does Betsy stack up against someone who is as agile and fast as spiderman with skills to match the top streets in wildstorm?

StyleTime
He's not Spiderman speed/agility though. Marc and Betsy are roughly interchangeable.

Skills are debatable. Depends on where we'd place folks like Wolverine and Daredevil against Zealot, and how much Psylocke's psi-shenanigans play into it.

Zack M
He actually did go up against Spider-Man in a crossover. Yeah, we don't use crossovers, but he also went up against Savage Dragon and dodged whatever he threw at him. That wasn't a crossover.

StyleTime
I never said Marc was slow or immobile. Just don't see how he's faster than Psylocke, especially not reflex-wise. I mean, she can slash so fast, it looks like she doesn't move.

https://postimg.org/image/scoicxfi1/

I'll give my thoughts on the outcome a little later, but I don't think speed will be the determining factor.

Zack M
He's not Spiderman speed/agility though. Marc and Betsy are roughly interchangeable.

Skills are debatable. Depends on where we'd place folks like Wolverine and Daredevil against Zealot, and how much Psylocke's psi-shenanigans play into it.

Zealot is definitely on their level. And I don't see Psylocke on Backlash or Zealot's level of skill, tbh.

StyleTime
I'm fine with that.

As for my take on the fight. I think they are rough equals physically with a possible skill edge to Marc. In h2h, it could be anyone's game but their powers change things. They both have access to powerset shenanigans, but Psylocke's abilities present a bigger obstacle to Marc than vice versa. Putting aside high end stuff, Psylocke can still cast illusions, run telekinetic interference, and has 1 shot potential with her psi-blade. Marc will hang but can't fight all that off indefinitely. Even with his mist form, Betsy could double down on her psionic assault.

She's got cards to play whatever Marc chooses to do, so I'd give the overall edge to her.

Zack M
When has Psylocke fought and defeated someone with a similar power set? Backlash could just rip her from the inside, mist style.

StyleTime
If we're going by CIS-off high ends, Psylocke would shut his brain off before he does anything. Mist or no mist.

She competes in a much tougher psychic arena, and has the feats to blow him off the map, but I was using CIS on stuff.

Zack M
When has she done that to a mist opponent?

StiltmanFTW
Backlash in his prime.

http://i64.tinypic.com/vigqdl.jpg

vs

http://i63.tinypic.com/288ppog.jpg

Wth happened to the pics?

Thought tinypic was good.

Zack M
I deleted them

StyleTime
When has she done that to a mist opponent?
Mist specifically? I don't think she's encountered a literal mist opponent. That said, she's affected other non-corporeal entities before. Your mind doesn't suddenly go away when disembodied or intangible. Don't see why Marc would be immune.

Zack M
Mist specifically? I don't think she's encountered a literal mist opponent. That said, she's affected other non-corporeal entities before. Your mind doesn't suddenly go away when disembodied or intangible. Don't see why Marc would be immune.

Backlash does have strong psi protectors, so I don't see Psylocke taking apart his mind that easily. That, combined with his agility and speed, I'd say it's an edge for Mark. He did make Zealot look inferior and she has better stats than Betty.

carver9
Psylock stomps.

Zack M
No.

carver9
yes

Zack M
Nope.

StyleTime
Backlash does have strong psi protectors, so I don't see Psylocke taking apart his mind that easily. That, combined with his agility and speed, I'd say it's an edge for Mark. He did make Zealot look inferior and she has better stats than Betty.
Depends on how serious she is.

Zealot doesn't have better stats than Betsy though. She's likely stronger while Betsy is likely faster. Rest is anyone's game.

If you think Marc is more skilled, I won't argue. I just think Betsy can exceed Marc whenever he tries to escalate the fight. He'd make a contest out of it on a typical day though.

Zack M
What are some of her speed feats? Zealot was able to go toe to toe with Midnighter, who IMO is a notch or 2 above Psylocke.

StyleTime
Invisi-strike for one. Can't think of anything standoutish from Zealot. I might actually place Marc ahead of her in speed tbh.

That said, we're talking extremely minor differences here.

Zack M
Invisi-strike for one. Can't think of anything standoutish from Zealot. I might actually place Marc ahead of her in speed tbh.

That said, we're talking extremely minor differences here.

you don't think Zealot fighting Midnighter for hours is a standout? sad

StyleTime
No, it's standout, but for different reasons. I thought it was more a testament to how skilled she is than a raw speed feat. Speed certainly plays into it though. Strength too. Zealot is a beast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.