Shooting in Munich, Germany Shopping Center

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-36870986

Time-Immemorial
Gee I wonder who did it.

This is a multiple casualty situation.

Shooter is still on the loose

Time-Immemorial
Dead God what the hell is going on in this world

https://www.google.com/amp/m.timesofindia.com/world/europe/Shooting-at-shopping-centre-in-Germanys-Munich-multiple-deaths-feared/amp_articleshow/53343861.cms?client=safari#

socool8520
I thought "gun ban" laws meant safety? Doesn't seem to matter much huh?

Surtur
On top of that I thought Germany had some of the BEST gun laws in all of time and space? I'm always hearing about the gun laws of Europe, but damn the place is so chalk full of murder these days. Whether by gun or sword or trucks or bombs.

It's almost like their laws aren't stopping people from just coming into their country and murdering them, but hey not all the people are murderers so it's all good. Just go to the funeral of the people killed in this attack and explain to their family members that hey..they aren't all bad.

It's like the shittiest lottery ever that is going on in these countries and just pray you never win this lottery. Of course most of the time a person gets to choose to play the lottery, the people of Germany didn't get to choose to play this.

socool8520
They do...we have to store our firearms in the military armory if we are even allowed to bring them. this is why I think gun bans will solve nothing. Criminals don't care about laws. It's a John Madden statement, but it's true.

I work with a German national and she says the consensus for her and a lot of her friends is that they do not want the refugees in their country. There has already been rape cases here and refugees demanding that German women cover themselves.

Surtur
Not only has there been rape, but the government covers up the rape of its own people. Just like here we'll censor the parts of the 911 call with the Orlando shooter that mention ISIS.

Isn't it weird when a government seems more concerned for murderers and rapists as opposed to the victims?

Lestov16
I have nothing to add here. I'm trying to sympathize with these refugees, I really am, but as I stated in another thread, if Islam is incompatible with secularism and human rights, then it's an ideology that must be eradicated.

Time-Immemorial
Mutiple shooters confirmed

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Lestov16
I have nothing to add here. I'm trying to sympathize with these refugees, I really am, but as I stated in another thread, if Islam is incompatible with secularism and human rights, then it's an ideology that must be eradicated.

Bravothumb up

Surtur
I just love the good ol' USA lol. I love the logic we use here and I love how we apply it equally. Some Islamists do some bad shit? Ehhh, just a very small minority of them why are you making such a huge deal?!

A very small minority of cops do some bad shit? We need CHANGE!!!

socool8520

That or greatly revised like the Christians and Catholics.

krisblaze
Originally posted by socool8520
What do you mean?

There are far less gun murders in places with gun bans.

socool8520
Doesn't seem to be stopping them to much these days. France has gun bans and they have been several shooting in the past two years.

krisblaze
Doesn't seem to be stopping them to much these days. France has gun bans and they have been several shooting in the past two years.
But still far less than in other places.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Surtur
I just love the good ol' USA lol. I love the logic we use here and I love how we apply it equally. Some Islamists do some bad shit? Ehhh, just a very small minority of them why are you making such a huge deal?!

thumb up

socool8520
Originally posted by krisblaze
But still far less than in other places.

Fair enough. I'm just saying it isn't really stopping anything. The criminals are going to get them regardless. It almost creates a false sense of security.

Time-Immemorial
1.7 million people on a Friday have been told to go home.

All pubic transportation has been shut down.

Surtur
What do you expect it is Islam and they won't be happy until they've f*cked up everyones day.

krisblaze
Fair enough. I'm just saying it isn't really stopping anything. The criminals are going to get them regardless. It almost creates a false sense of security.
The sense of security makes all the difference.

Low social trust is part of the reason why there are many gun murders.

Gun laws aren't meant to be that effective against attacks that have a lot of planning and though behind them, but rather cut down impulse killings.

Surtur
Originally posted by krisblaze
The sense of security makes all the difference.

Low social trust is part of the reason why there are many gun murders.

Gun laws aren't meant to be that effective against attacks that have a lot of planning and though behind them, but rather cut down impulse killings.

Is it not the planned killings that seem to usually come with more devastation though?

Time-Immemorial
thumb up

Parmaniac

Stigma
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-36870986
That's a damn shame. Munich is a great city and I always had a soft spot for it due to one summer I spend there.

Again, terrible news and I'm affraid Germans, much like the French, will see it's just a start of a wave of similar incidents.

Lestov16
Wait.

So these were white nationalists? Not refugees?

Oh...that changes things....

Stigma
thumb up

Lestov, come to the right side. I can sense a growing hesitation in you. Accept your anger. It gives you focus, makes you stronger. Join the right side, abandon liberal ways and we shall rule the galaxy together with Emperor Trump

Parmaniac
Like i said, nobody at this point knows anything, it's just what 1 eyewitness said. I would be lying if I said the first thing that came to my mind wasn't ISIS. Especially after the axe lunatic a few days ago.

Lestov16
Well before I comment further, I'll wait for the perpetrator(s) to be properly identified.

you get thorns
As long as they only shot those black people that were in some way asking for it then all is okay.

Time-Immemorial
So this is right where Muslims killed a bunch of people in 1972 at the Olympics.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-crime-munich-idUSKCN1021YZ

Surtur
Wait.

It certainly does change things. The religion of peace might of dodged a bullet today.

Time-Immemorial
Wait.

So where are you getting this information?

Time-Immemorial
It certainly does change things. The religion of peace might of dodged a bullet today.

So your going off of what Lestov says, when he provided no proof to back up his claim?

Here is the actual video, and this does not look like a white nationalist.

http://pamelageller.com/2016/07/germany-raw-video-of-shooting-at-mcdonalds-multiple-shooters-at-terror-attack-at-munich-shopping-mall-reports-of-second-shooting-at-metro-station.html/

Lestov16
What proof do you have that these are Muslim attackers? The only thing we know is that a witness claimed they heard the attacker deriding foreigners.

Lets just wait until we get an official report.

Time-Immemorial
http://9502-presscdn-0-95.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/shooter-germany-768x501.jpeg

Time-Immemorial
What proof do you have that these are Muslim attackers? The only thing we know is that a witness claimed they heard the attacker deriding foreigners.

Lets just wait until we get an official report.

I didn't say I had proof, I said it happened right where the 1972 shooting happened.

Where is your proof that these are white nationalists?

Lestov16
You can barely see the perpetrator in that video

EDIT: looks like a white man with black hair.

Time-Immemorial
So a white nationalist started shooting up his own country men?

Time-Immemorial

No it actually looks like a tan skinned man with a beard.

Time-Immemorial
5 dead, gunman's whereabouts unknown.

Parmaniac
There is 0 information on who was shot, maybe he cherry picked immigrants. Nobody should jump to conclusions here.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

Where do you see a beard?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Parmaniac
There is 0 evidence on who was shot, maybe he cherry picked immigrants. Nobody should jump to conclusions here.

There is actually, I posted a the video of it.

There was multiple gunmen as well.

Munich Police: Up to thee shooters are on the loose.

Lestov16
Nobody should jump to conclusions here.

thumb up

Time-Immemorial
Where do you see a beard?

Where do beards grow?

Stigma

If it's indeed "a white nationalist" than I'm calling it a false flag, much like the Turkish coup thumb up

Seems plausible if that is the case. German officials wanting to sway the public that was getting more and more angry at migrants greenlight this operation and blame it on German nationalists.

Something needs to be done. The solution: more integration, more migrants.

If it's an Islamic terrorist, however....

Lestov16
One of the gunmen committed suicide

Time-Immemorial
Another video

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3703785/The-Latest-Agency-Police-say-dead-Munich-shooting.html

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Stigma

Something needs to be done. The solution: more integration, more migrants.

thumb up

Parmaniac
There is actually, I posted a the video of it.

There was multiple gunmen as well. Up to thee shooters are on the loose. I saw the video and another one. And it is impossible to actually tell what kind of guy that is. He certainly doesn't look like north african/middle eastern.

The police assumes there are 3 people. Really at this point nothing is for sure except that shots in public were fired by a guy with a gun who came out of a McDonalds.

Time-Immemorial
I guess you didn't know ISIS has been telling its agents to blend in with the local populace?

Germany was just warning about another attack to ensue after the attack on the train a week ago.

Time-Immemorial
Lets go with the white nationalist theme though.

Pussies!

Parmaniac
I guess you didn't know ISIS has been telling its agents to blend in with the local populace? I'm totally aware of that and I'm the last person to support "our" migration policy and how our government coped with the refugee crisis, yet I won't jump to conclusions I wouldn't even be suprised if it was the IS.

Lestov16
You just REALLY want this to be ISIS...

First you say the perpetrator had a beard, now you're saying he doesn't because he had to blend in with the populace.

Not saying it isn't Islamists, but can we not wait for all the facts to come in instead of trying to play Keyboard CSI?

Time-Immemorial
Im going to assume its white nationalists until proven wrong

Stigma
Im going to assume its white nationalists until proven wrong
LOL

Time-Immemorial
Im dead serious. I am basing this on demographics and crime statists un related to the recent mass influx of migrants.

White people are still the dominate race in Germany and commit the most crimes there.

Ergo, this has to be 3 crazied white nazi nationalists.

No other conclusion can be reached at this point until I am proven wrong.

Lestov16
Just calm down, TI. We'll know by tonight.

Time-Immemorial
I am calm, I am going with your narrative and coming to my own conclusion based on crime statistics and demographics.

Until proven wrong, stats point to white terrorism.

Time-Immemorial
New information: Gunman was targeting and killing children.

Time-Immemorial
White Nationalist Terrorismthumb up

Parmaniac
the same eyewitness who claimed that the guy said ****ing immigrants said that someone yelled "there's a bomb"

Time-Immemorial
the same eyewitness who claimed that the guy said ****ing immigrants said that someone yelled "there's a bomb"

Racist White National Terrorismthumb up

Parmaniac
Eye witness: Gunman was screaming "Allah Akbar" as he was targeting children

White Nationalist Terrorismthumb up source because here on TV we have live coverage on 3 channles and noone reported that

Time-Immemorial
CNN Live TV

socool8520
It says the dude was German

Parmaniac
postings on arabic sites celebrate the attack

socool8520
^ That's terrible

Lestov16

Time-Immemorial
Appears I was correct.

Parmaniac
Appears we are correctthumb up because 'murica

EDIT: You edited

Stigma
It says the dude was German
He may very well be a German citizen of Middle-Eastern parents. We don't know yet. Germany is very multicultural.

Lestov16
It's simple. We're getting conflicting witness reports. Maybe instead of trying to be Keyboard Investigators, we should just wait for all the facts to come out? Maybe?....

socool8520
IDK, the daily Mail says that one of the gunman said that he was German and F*** foreigners. It seems illogical that he would then shoot into a crowd where the odds of hitting a non foreigner would be extremely high.

socool8520
It's simple. We're getting conflicting witness reports. Maybe instead of trying to be Keyboard Investigators, we should just wait for all the facts to come out? Maybe?....

It's a discussion. Nothing more.

Stigma
IDK, the daily Mail says that one of the gunman said that he was German and F*** foreigners. It seems illogical that he would then shoot into a crowd where the odds of hitting a non foreigner would be extremely high.
False flag.

Now Merkel needs to assume more power and conduct better integration of migrants to rub it in the nose of those white nationalist terrorists scum.

Parmaniac
I love the racism, also germans (actual caucasian germans) can follow islam and be batshit crazy. Search Pierre Vogel

Lestov16
Just like how the black sniper against police killing blacks ended up killing questions a black cop? You really think these mass shooters think logically?

Time-Immemorial
False flag.

Now Merkel needs to assume more power and conduct better integration of migrants to rub it in the nose of those white nationalist terrorists scum.

If he targeted Migrants, then yes its a false flag.

If he targeted his own people, while saying he hates immigrants false flag.

Time-Immemorial
Just like how the black sniper against police killing blacks ended up killing questions a black cop? You really think these mass shooters think logically?

Or the people in power pick mentally unstable people to do their work cause they are easy to manipulate?

Stigma
Where's fun in that?

of course, you are correct

socool8520
I love the racism, also germans (actual caucasian germans) can follow islam and be batshit crazy. Search Pierre Vogel

I never said they couldn't be. This racism/racist word gets thrown around far to often these days. It has a new definition it seems. You can't disagree with an opinion if it is about a person who is not white I guess.

Stigma
If he targeted Migrants, then yes its a false flag.

If he targeted his own people, while saying he hates immigrants false flag.
thumb up

socool8520

That's not illogical, the guy was against Cops in general, not a specific color.

Time-Immemorial

But you are doing it toosmile

Who cares though, lets keyboard **** this as bad as we can.

The world is going to hell anyways, lets enjoy the fall with some laughs.

Time-Immemorial
Ok now MSNBC is this is neo nazism as an outrage to the migrant crisis.

Time-Immemorial
postings on arabic sites celebrate the attack

Got links?

Nazifacism does have similar beliefs as islamofacism.

Parmaniac
Ok now MSNBC is this is neo nazism as an outrage to the migrant crisis. I wouldn't be suprised at all. Wht is going on here in terms of refugee crisis is insane

Time-Immemorial
I wouldn't be suprised at all. Wht is going on here in terms of refugee crisis is insane

Tell us in detail what is going on, something we dont here on the news, unfiltered.

Parmaniac
Got links?

Nazifacism does have similar beliefs as islamofacism. No, it was said on TV by the reporters, obviously the cradle of wisdom and tolerance is happy about all kind of terror in western societies.

Esau Cairn

Come visit Australia.

There hasn't been a mass shooting in over 20 years.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Come visit Australia.

Visit being the key word.

Stigma
Come visit Australia.

Come visit Poland, there hasn't been a mass shooting in over 30 years.

Time-Immemorial
Come visit Poland, there hasn't been a mass shooting in over 30 years.

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

socool8520
I wouldn't be suprised at all. Wht is going on here in terms of refugee crisis is insane
I agree. It's hard to know what to do. On one hand, you want to help people in need, but on the other, some of these people are trying to change things to their liking and causing problems.

socool8520
Come visit Australia.

Too busy getting messed up by the wildlife. lol

Time-Immemorial
I agree. It's hard to know what to do. On one hand, you want to help people in need, but on the other, some of these people are trying to change things to their liking and causing problems.

Pretty simple actually, defeat ISIS to give people their country back.

Lestov16
We all know that you Australians are quietly sitting on the sidelines, customizing your vehicles and handicrafting leather bodysuits, so that when the world inevitably phucks itself, you'll be all ready to recreate Mad Max.

Stigma
laughing out loudlaughing out loud
TBH when the migrant crisis really erupts, this should be like a holiday slogan for each European country.

"Come visit France, there hasn't been a mass shooting in 10 days!"

Time-Immemorial
We should form our own political group here. I think we could accomplish some good things.

Time-Immemorial
This could be one cause of major anger.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07/22/govt-builds-apartments-migrants/amp/?client=safari#

"The council gave the go-ahead to the apartments, which are designed with the single male migrants in mind, because it was difficult to fit them in elsewhere. Most of the accommodation in which Germany."

Fcking deplorable.

Time-Immemorial

Robtard
-Kneejerks like usual and blames Muslims
-Is told it was a white non Muslim so cries "false flag!"

:0

Parmaniac
Duisburg is close to that city and already has parallel societies.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
-Kneejerks like usual and blames Muslims
-Is told it was a white non Muslim so cries "false flag!"

>Acts like an ******* and a coward everywhere he goes.

I never blamed anyone but white nationalists. Keep being a coward though, you pretty good at it.

Robtard
Page 1:

Gee I wonder who did it.

Time-Immemorial
Gee I wonder who did it. Now what gonz?

Robtard
I never blamed anyone but white nationalists.

Here is the actual video, and this does not look like a white nationalist

Time-Immemorial
You are pathetic troll, go figure with a name like yours.

From the blurry video and picture it did not look like a white nationalist.

Go ahead and prove me wrong.

Robtard
I guess you didn't know ISIS has been telling its agents to blend in with the local populace?

Lets go with the white nationalist theme though.

Pussies!

I never blamed anyone but white nationalists.

Time-Immemorial
Facts:Isis has been telling people to blend in.

It's funny to watch you meltdownlaughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
Way to ruin the thread after everyone was getting along.

Good job tard

jaden101
Guy being reported as having a conversation on a carpark roof with someone on the opposite roof. He reportedly said that he was German, born in the local area and ranted about Turks and "foreigners".

Not confirmed though.

Lestov16
This could be one cause of major anger.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07/22/govt-builds-apartments-migrants/amp/?client=safari#

"The council gave the go-ahead to the apartments, which are designed with the single male migrants in mind, because it was difficult to fit them in elsewhere. Most of the accommodation in which Germany."

Fcking deplorable.

That's no excuse for terrorism against foreigners

Time-Immemorial
That's not what I said

Parmaniac
Originally posted by jaden101
Guy being reported as having a conversation on a carpark roof with someone on the opposite roof. He reportedly said that he was German, born in the local area and ranted about Turks and "foreigners".

Not confirmed though. It is I saw the video

jaden101
It is I saw the video

So have i but you can't hear his replies on it.

jaden101

I prefer the logic employed about gun laws. Germany has tight gun laws...I mass shooting in 30 years...America has lax gun laws...several in the last month...yet Germany is doing security wrong and America is doing it right.

Time-Immemorial
Shooter: 18 year old German/Iranian

Motives unclear

quanchi112
Gee I wonder who did it. Now what gonz?

:0 laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
Rob spoke to soon.

The shooter is Iranian with a german passport.

Time-Immemorial
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/german-police-seal-off-mall-area-in-munich-after-shots-fired/2016/07/22/6567e6d8-502c-11e6-a422-83ab49ed5e6a_story.html

Time-Immemorial
Where are all the people that were saying there is no proof refugee's are killing people?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/21/refugee-axe-germany-train-open-door-migration

Stigma
Rob spoke to soon.

The shooter is Iranian with a german passport. Looks like I was onto something:

He may very well be a German citizen of Middle-Eastern parents. We don't know yet. Germany is very multicultural.

The important question is: How likely is that he was a White Nationalist?

Time-Immemorial
Well he's Iranian, so how can he be a white nationalist?

Stigma
Well he's Iranian, so how can he be a white nationalist?
So.. just because he is Iranian he cannot be a white nationalist. F*ckiing racism.

I am also sure the shooter has nothing to do with Islam.

Time-Immemorial
I was being sarcasticsmile

DarthAnt66
Honestly, when the whole immigration crisis began escalating, I was in the typical Liberal camp supporting refugees coming in.

Now it seems like that was a terrible decision. mmm

Stigma
I was being sarcasticsmile Me too.
Honestly, when the whole immigration crisis began escalating, I was in the typical Liberal camp supporting refugees coming in.

Indeed.

Time-Immemorial

You and Lestov have become my new best friends.

Raisen
You and Lestov have become my new best friends.

me too bro. i'm amazed at lestov's transformation. he is really a good person

Surtur
I realize this has jumped 5 pages since I posted, but an article I just read said the guy was German and Iranian, so it doesn't sound like it's a white nationalist.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/police-say-munich-suspect-was-obsessed-with-mass-shootings/ar-BBuHU85?li=BBnb7Kz

Basically here is the growing trend:

-terrorist attack happens
-we wonder who did it whilst knowing deep down already who did it
-government of the country declares a day of mourning
-we wait for the process to repeat

Within probably 5-7 days I will most likely be posting in another topic here about a terror attack. Which country in Europe will it be this time? Or will it be here?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Raisen
me too bro. i'm amazed at lestov's transformation. he is really a good person

You can thank me for lestov transformation

Surtur
So the "official" story from the German government seems to be this was an Iranian dude who just was super into mass shootings.

They found no direct ties to Islam or ISIS, as if they expected to find an "I'm a terrorist ask me how" t-shirt.

Doesn't Islam encourage people to act alone? This guy shouted "Allahu Akbar" before he started shooting, but we are expected to believe he was some disturbed loner who just loved mass shootings and pulled no inspiration from Islam?

Parmaniac
So the "official" story from the German government seems to be this was an Iranian dude who just was super into mass shootings.

They found no direct ties to Islam or ISIS, as if they expected to find an "I'm a terrorist ask me how" t-shirt.

Doesn't Islam encourage people to act alone? This guy shouted "Allahu Akbar" before he started shooting, but we are expected to believe he was some disturbed loner who just loved mass shootings and pulled no inspiration from Islam? This "Allahu Akbar" is a myth actually.

The actually ****ed up thing now is, poilticians are going for video games again...

1 guy runs amok and had some of those games, while no game ever told the player to do this in real life, let's ban all violence related games on this planet.

and yet

Countless of people spread across the entire globe follow the teachings of a holy scripture and cause terror and persecute people exactly how it's written (and demanded) in those pages, nobody bats an eye.

Robtard
Haven't heard the videogame scapegoat thing, did read they were going with mental illness and as Surtur said, was obsessed with mass-shootings.

Surtur
This "Allahu Akbar" is a myth actually.

The actually ****ed up thing now is, poilticians are going for video games again...

1 guy runs amok and had some of those games, while no game ever told the player to do this in real life, let's ban all violence related games on this planet.

and yet

Countless of people spread across the entire globe follow the teachings of a holy scripture and cause terror and persecute people exactly how it's written (and demanded) in those pages, nobody bats an eye.

Was it proven a myth? Some witnesses apparently said he said it. Though of course these things can easily get made up.

Video games do the opposite of what people think. It's an outlet, not something that leads to more violence. In other words some people might even be less violent due to getting to work out some of these frustrations in video games.

Plus they found books on mass shootings so it seems odd to focus on the games.

Parmaniac
http://www.huffingtonpost.de/2016/07/23/de-maizieres-waffe-muenchen_n_11153444.html

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/digital/amoklauf-in-muenchen-zurueck-in-die-nullerjahre-de-maizire-reanimiert-killerspiel-debatte-1.3092117

Unfortunetly I can only deliver german sources

Robtard
No worries and I wasn't doubting you, we had our own war-on-games here back in the day lead by non other than H. Clinton. Much of it was silly iirc, but it did lead to a good outcome, violent/adult games being properly labeled.

Surtur
Eh, yeah it gave us game labels true. It did also leave a stigma around gamers though that didn't completely fade until the last 5-10 years.

Tzeentch

Doesn't Islam encourage people to act alone? This guy shouted "Allahu Akbar" before he started shooting, but we are expected to believe he was some disturbed loner who just loved mass shootings and pulled no inspiration from Islam?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/23/europe/germany-munich-shooting/index.html

Surtur
That link also claims he shouted "Allahu Akbar".

Tzeentch
A woman claims he shouted aluh Akbar. A man claimed he also shouted **** foreigners and talked shit about turkey, an Islamic country with sympathies for ISIS.

Surtur
Is it not possible he did both? Are you saying this is like a "hands up don't shoot" thing and the witnesses made it up? I suppose that is possible.

Tzeentch
No, I'm saying that cursing immigrants and one of the few countries that's sympathetic to Islamic extremism doesn't fit the narrative of him being an Islamic extremist. Between that and him having documented mental illnesses and a history of being bullied, it seems more likely that he was a mentally ill spree shooter more akin to the school shooters we see here in the states, rather than a religiously motivated terrorist.

Surtur
Or he was mentally ill, loved mass shootings, and also pulled some stuff from religion. These things aren't always necessarily just brought on by a single thing.

Him screaming "Allahu Akbar" doesn't exactly fit the narrative of religion having played zero part in this. It could be possible he's crazy so he just said it despite this having nothing to do with religion. It could be possible he's crazy so he said the stuff about Turkey despite this still having something to do with religion and Islam.

This is why I feel it's important to determine if he did indeed say it. I have tried to do searches online about it being a myth, but I haven't been able to find any so far. This does not prove it is true though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.