Was this ok? I just complimented a girl on her legs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Was this ok?: there is cute girl sitting next to me and I told her she has beautiful legs. She gave a big smile and thanked me. Was this a bit to straightforward?

socool8520
probably, but if she wasn't offended than I wouldn't worry. I have heard of some women that were offended by such a comment. I would probably let them know of my interest without stating a specific body part.

riv6672
I could swear you've posted this same shit once before. huh

walshy
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=627353

I think it's pretty creepy, the fact you make two threads questioning whether it's okay probably means you think it isn't

riv6672
^^^Ah cool, thought i was still suffering deja vu from that last time jump.

Genesis-Soldier
You should of complimented her facial hair

Young woman and ladies take pride in their moustaches

Lol- a compliment on figure is usually alright and accepted unless you make it sounds pervy

Nuke Nixon
Only compliment their stache if they're Romanian.

Who knows you might even lose some weight when she whispers "Thinner"

riv6672
Hmmm. Maybe he started two threads, one for each leg.

Ax3l
Originally posted by Ax3l
i like to comment on their dick size or the circumference of their dick or the shape and flavor of their testicles

riv6672
^^^so just one big thread with two attachments.

Surtur
It depends on the girl, since she smiled I guess she didn't care. I'm not joking when I tell you some females out there consider compliments like this as some form of rape.

Probably better to play it safe and just wait until you're engaged to someone before you compliment her.

socool8520
Originally posted by Surtur
It depends on the girl, since she smiled I guess she didn't care. I'm not joking when I tell you some females out there consider compliments like this as some form of rape.

Probably better to play it safe and just wait until you're engaged to someone before you compliment her.

It's standard workplace training to not compliment co-workers like that for just that reason. Well, rape is a bit strong, but definitely sexual harassment.

Surtur
I often wonder how many times someone has taken the claims of "harassment" too far. IMO if a man compliments you and then you just say "not interested" or "that makes me uncomfortable" and he continues to do it that is harassment.

But some people get burned for like saying a single thing.

socool8520
This is only in my experience so please don't think that I mean this is across the board for all women. What I have noticed is that if the person is also interested in you or on good terms with you then there is usually not a problem. Conversely, if they do not know you or do not find you attractive at all, they can become offended after as little as one comment.

Surtur
When I was in 3rd grade I was told I was a sexual harasser because I told this female friend my friend who had a crush on her wanted her to pop out of a cake naked for his birthday.

socool8520
I'm more shocked your friend was thinking like that at what, 10? but yeah, you shouldn't say that. That is a demeaning.

Surtur
I was 8 or 9, but yeah the thing is though like I said the girl was a friend since kindergarden and we had made filthy jokes with her before. Or as filthy as kids can, since it's pretty tame overall.

IMO I think her mother got her more upset over the incident than she would of normally been, but I have no evidence of that as I was literally forbidden from all contact with her after that.

I also want to point out nobody explained to us exactly what we did wrong, they literally just called us sexual harassers.

socool8520
It would have been helpful for future encounters if they had explained why what you said was wrong.

Jmanghan
I was a kinda closed off teenager in the beginning, and did some very stupid stuff I'm not proud of.

Idk, imagine a 5 year old with hormones, only they're 13. That was me.

I was curious as shit, and I tended to be pretty gropey.

I ended up directly apologizing to the women I groped and we had a pretty normal friendship after that.

riv6672
When I was in 3rd grade

Originally posted by socool8520
...your friend was thinking like that at what, 10?

Nah man, they were in special ed, those dawgs were like 16 in 3rd grade, yo! laughing laughing laughing

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
Nah man, they were in special ed, those dawgs were like 16 in 3rd grade, yo! laughing laughing laughing

Damn dawg I think you're lying to yourself if you think this post was worthy of 3 laughing smileys. Every dawg gots to know his limit.

riv6672
^^^Dawg!!!

You always come when called. laughing laughing laughing

Surtur
But did you not enter this thread in order to first say shit to me lol.

If you check the times I responded like a half hour after your post, while you responded in half that time to me.

Looks like you have a lot to teach when it comes to coming when called..dawg!

riv6672
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/bye/bye-smiley-emoticon.gif

Time-Immemorial
But did you not enter this thread in order to first say shit to me lol.

If you check the times I responded like a half hour after your post, while you responded in half that time to me.

Looks like you have a lot to teach when it comes to coming when called..dawg!

Riv is to much on an idiot to deal with.

Surtur
Plus damn man did a smiley beat you as a kid? Explains why you gotta abuse it like that.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Was this ok?: there is cute girl sitting next to me and I told her she has beautiful legs. She gave a big smile and thanked me. Was this a bit to straightforward?

as long as she didn't slap you, give you a brutal beat down or call the police, you're all good

riv6672
^^^i dunno, he might have found those first two scenarios QUITE good! yes

Surtur
The proper thing for the OP to have done would be to immediately take his phone and begin taking pictures of her legs.

riv6672
Scenario 3 it is, then.

Jmanghan
Point is, dude, just... don't say some stuff like that, because some girls will straight up slap you for something like that, I've never been slapped by a girl, because I learned how to respect boundaries.

If you are gonna make a move on a girl, it shouldn't be a comment about her physical appearance, and you shouldn't try to physically touch her, you initiate a conversation.

Astner
It depends on how you say it. When you flirt you want to make it clear that you are flirting, and opening up a conversation by complimenting their appearance is fine but you want to continue conversation. Just randomly mentioning it without any intentions to pursuing it is creepy.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Point is, dude, just... don't say some stuff like that, because some girls will straight up slap you for something like that,
Who would? Not even the most insecure and ratchet ass hoes would take offense to a compliment like that. Even if its clumsily delivered.

I've never been slapped by a girl, because I learned how to respect boundaries.
You need to stop watching anime.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Astner
It depends on how you say it. When you flirt you want to make it clear that you are flirting, and opening up a conversation by complimenting their appearance is fine but you want to continue conversation. Just randomly mentioning it without any intentions to pursuing it is creepy.

Who would? Not even the most insecure and ratchet ass hoes would take offense to a compliment like that. Even if its clumsily delivered.

You need to stop watching anime. I've personally seen guys slapped just for calling a girl attractive, it wasn't in an anime, it was in real life.

Jmanghan
I've personally seen guys slapped just for calling a girl attractive, it wasn't in an anime, it was in real life. This is bullshit, I dunno why I said this.

I've seen it in videos and shit, but never real life.

Withsensibility
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Was this ok?: there is cute girl sitting next to me and I told her she has beautiful legs. She gave a big smile and thanked me. Was this a bit to straightforward? no rape?

riv6672
This is bullshit, I dunno why I said this.

I've seen it in videos and shit, but never real life.
You're an odd duck. eek!

Nuke Nixon
Originally posted by Withsensibility
no rape?

Not cool.

riv6672
Socks usually arent. eek!

Genesis-Soldier
there is a difference between admiring and leering thou

riv6672
In my case, its when i last cleaned my eyeglass lenses.

Flyattractor
Hell, back in the day if I didn't get slapped at least once during the weekend, I was off my game.

riv6672
Haha, you scoundrel! shifty

Flyattractor
Hey. Don't knock it till ya try it.

Nuke Nixon
Pepe Le Pew never got the girl.

riv6672
Oh he GOT them alright!

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Pepe Le Pew never got the girl.

Most times the chase is the most fun.

Nuke Nixon
And he calls me a stalker.

riv6672
That scoundrel!

Flyattractor
Taking your prey in a fast pace chase is not the same as dropping spare change to look up skirts.

Nuke Nixon
Yeah that's just what women want, being relentlessly pursued by a maniac rather than being oogled at by a sleeze.

riv6672
I didnt used to mind the maniac pursuit. Crazy women are awesome!

Flyattractor
Oh for the days when you could just walk up to a Babe, grab her ass while in the bar, and wind up getting some in the backseat.

NOW ITS A LAW SUIT!!!!!

riv6672
Back then it was a slap in the face. My left cheek is well calloused.

Nuke Nixon
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Oh for the days when you could just walk up to a Babe, grab her ass while in the bar, and wind up getting some in the backseat.

NOW ITS A LAW SUIT!!!!!

Some would say she was asking for it, wearing hot clothes at a bar/club.

Some would argue that it's her right to wear whatever the f-ck she wants and NOT have some doofus caveman maul her, uninvited.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Some would say she was asking for it, wearing hot clothes at a bar/club.

Some would argue that it's her right to wear whatever the f-ck she wants and NOT have some doofus caveman maul her, uninvited. The second one.

Though its pretty ****ing tempting, I have to admit.

riv6672
Never been tempted like that. Raised to respect women, which i guess stuck as a grown up. I joke about it but, i've never really been a dog.

Nuke Nixon
Originally posted by riv6672
Raised to respect women

Rare quality in this day and age.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.