Sentry vs Superman in a Mavel/DC switch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
If these took over for each others who would make the bigger impact?

iceman24567
Sentry because hes batshit crazy

CosmicComet
Short term. Sentry.

Long term. Superman.

tkitna
Probably Sentry. Better odds of something bad happening.

RealityWarper
Sentry because he is more powerful than Molecule Man and the Beyonder.

riv6672
Damn, DC gets the ass end of that deal.
A second rate Superman that will eventually turn evil.

Yeah, Sentry makes the bigger impact by not filling Superman's shoes to begin with, then becoming a hinderance instead of the little bit of help he was.

golem370
Well it would at least be more interesting for DC.

Pillow Biter
Sentry will, in relatively short order, Void out become the extinction-level event of the month. While it varies depending on the era, the Justice League typically keeps a much tighter grip on DC Earth than anyone does on Marvel's. Bob won't likely be allowed to run around like a loose cannon.
Superman, on the other hand, would over time become the most important hero on Marvel Earth. It would be interesting to see him interact with people like Nick Fury or even Tony Stark, particularly when they have opposing perspectives on an issue.

Sin I AM
Meh Sentry under Batmans tutelage will make DC Earth unstoppable.

Supes will do fine at Marvel probably falling right in line with Cap

Pillow Biter
Bob's a deeply disturbed man possessed by a demon. Plus, he's engineered to blow in terms of his character as a literary device. Bob was never meant to be long for the comics world.

CortSether
Originally posted by riv6672
Damn, DC gets the ass end of that deal.
A second rate Superman that will eventually turn evil.

Yeah, Sentry makes the bigger impact by not filling Superman's shoes to begin with, then becoming a hinderance instead of the little bit of help he was.

At least Sentry doesn't have a kryptonite weakness. What kind of cuck is allergic to rocks?

riv6672
Rocks that dont exist in the MU.

golem370
I think it be fun to see how Void and Bruce would go.

iceman24567
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Sentry because he is more powerful than Molecule Man and the Beyonder. No no expression

riv6672
Well after he killed Batman..

RealityWarper
Originally posted by iceman24567
No no expression

http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11129/111292726/5320703-sentrymorepowerfulthanmoleculemanandbeyonder.jpg

Yes.

That's his creator, Paul Jenkins' words.

Bendis confirmed in an interview that there is no limit to Sentry power-level and that he can craft a reality at a molecular-level.

Marvel confirmed it in his handbooks by saying that Sentry's powers are limitless.

The Marvel databooks confirmed it by saying that he is the most powerful man in existence and that he has unlimited psionic power.

He literally destroyed Molecule Man with NO EFFORT once he understand that he could manipulate the reality.

iceman24567
No no expression. Go masturbate to that no limit fallacy already no expression.

RealityWarper
It's not a "no limit fallacy", the character is created this way.

iceman24567
I agree it is a no limit fallacy thumb up

RealityWarper
0/10 for your bait.

iceman24567
Sentry because he is more powerful than Molecule Man and the Beyonder. As if this isnt bait laughing

RealityWarper
This isn't.

It's confirmed by the author and the stories.

Are you blind ?

It's not like I explained it in my previous post...

iceman24567
This isn't.

It's confirmed by the author and the stories.

Are you blind ?

It's not like I explained it in my previous post... You are obviously wrong. We ignore no limit fallacies sucks for you but you have to get over it anyways Sentry wins this thread

SquallX
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Meh Sentry under Batmans tutelage will make DC Earth unstoppable.

Supes will do fine at Marvel probably falling right in line with Cap

When was the last time anyone worth anything was ever under Bruce's tutelage?

riv6672
Originally posted by iceman24567
You are obviously wrong. We ignore no limit fallacies sucks for you but you have to get over it anyways Sentry wins this thread

He wins by ****ing things up at DC up worse than Supes would help the MU, yes.

Sin I AM
0/10 for your bait.

Lol tell him to troll harder

Sin I AM
Originally posted by SquallX
When was the last time anyone worth anything was ever under Bruce's tutelage?

Damien

-Pr-
Originally posted by riv6672
He wins by ****ing things up at DC up worse than Supes would help the MU, yes.

Batman would sort him out.

Sin I AM
Something just came to me. Has cap ever had any interaction with Bob? I know Tony, Reed and Osborne have but they arent good leaders. Has anyone worth mention tried taking him undwr their wing? I honestly think Bruce could tame him

SquallX
Damien

Isn't Damien still a phycho? Just a more in control phycho.

RealityWarper
Lol tell him to troll harder

I blocked him instead.

Surtur
Originally posted by CortSether
What kind of cuck is allergic to rocks?

As opposed to crippling mental weaknesses?

Surtur
Sentry will make the bigger impact. It's not a question of if he snaps, but when.

Something just came to me. Has cap ever had any interaction with Bob? I know Tony, Reed and Osborne have but they arent good leaders. Has anyone worth mention tried taking him undwr their wing? I honestly think Bruce could tame him

On panel I can't say, but it would be weird if he never had any interactions at all with Captain America given how popular a hero the guy was before the whole Void thing. It seemed like he knew a lot of heroes.

As for Batman taming him, why? Did Batman tame the Joker when I wasn't looking?

Sentry because he is more powerful than Molecule Man and the Beyonder.

Version of Molecule Man he defeated wasn't anywhere near as powerful as the one who had fought Beyonder.

Sin I AM
Isn't Damien still a phycho? Just a more in control phycho.

Who knows i wish hed die

Originally posted by Surtur
Sentry will make the bigger impact. It's not a question of if he snaps, but when.

On panel I can't say, but it would be weird if he never had any interactions at all with Captain America given how popular a hero the guy was before the whole Void thing. It seemed like he knew a lot of heroes.

As for Batman taming him, why? Did Batman tame the Joker when I wasn't looking?

Version of Molecule Man he defeated wasn't anywhere near as powerful as the one who had fought Beyonder.

Id have to ask a sentry buff. I can remeber them interacting. Cap wasnt around during much of the recent sentry stuff like wwh etc. And joker is a different kind of crazy. He does the stuff because of Batman. Hes said it before if bruce quit he would quit. Sentry on the other hand seems like he needs coaching. Like what Tony tried to do and later what Osborne did. Hes shown susceptibility to others words. I think bruce could do it

Surtur
They all pretty much failed to coach him though. All they did was delay his mental break. I sure think Batman could delay it, but I don't see him actually stopping it.

golem370
Could Martian Manhunter keep him stable?

RealityWarper

That's wrong.

Molecule Man had no negative beliefs about his abilities during Dark Reign and what lower his power-level is when he believes he can't do something... Which was the opposite during Dark Reign, Owen got rid of his previous negative beliefs about his abilities and thus was at full power.

Sin I AM
Pretty sure MM was depowered

abhilegend
Ignore the troll.

srsly

deathslash
When was the last time anyone worth anything was ever under Bruce's tutelage? the last time that superman inspired anyone was when he died.

RealityWarper
Pretty sure MM was depowered

He wasn't.

The Dark Reign Files and Tom Brevoort whom edited the Dark Reign comics both confirmed it.

SquallX
Originally posted by deathslash
the last time that superman inspired anyone was when he died.

Ha, that's funny. So, when was the last time Bruce inspired anyone again?

Superman's story's so powerful that he even affects the real world. Go and read All Star Superman, then come back and talk to me.

iceman24567
Originally posted by abhilegend
Ignore the troll.

srsly thumb up

Sin I AM
He wasn't.

The Dark Reign Files and Tom Brevoort whom edited the Dark Reign comics both confirmed it.

Post the links? I believe u i just wanna see it again

deathslash
Ha, that's funny. So, when was the last time Bruce inspired anyone again?
huh
Batman Incorporated? Batman and the outsiders? Battle of the cowl? We are Robin? Batwing #1/ Batwing #2? Batgordon? Gotham and Gotham Girl?

Literally all of those happened within the timespan of a few years.

-Pr-
Because Superman doesn't have an entire Legion of Superheroes inspired by his example...

RealityWarper
Post the links? I believe u i just wanna see it again

I explained it in this article that Owen had no negative beliefs on his abilities and therefore was at full power:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/death-seed-sentry-vs-superman-inspired-team-1658845/?page=2#js-message-14290836

You can notice that's only Owen's negative beliefs about his abilities that weakens his power. His mental state doesn't matter at all.

I can show you all marvel handbooks and datafiles refering to the fact that Owen's abilities are only weakened by his beliefs into them.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23992/4759942-drf-041-molecule-man.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23992/4759943-marvel-universe-009-04.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23992/4759944-molecule_man_2.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23992/4759945-new-avengers-most-wanted-files-32.jpg

Tom Brevoort, the Marvel's Editor whom editor the Dark Reign story, confirmed that Owen wasn't weakened or depowered thus confirming that Owen was at his best:

http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/64880/4681149-6999850798-AcW4S.jpg

Anyway Sentry's creator Paul Jenkins confirmed that Sentry is a reality warper far more powerful than Molecule Man and Beyonder.

Bendis whom was Sentry's main writer during ages said on his site that he used Sentry the same way that Jenkins did and he confirmed that Sentry has no limit to his power-level and that he has the ability to craft/ to form a reality at a molecular-level:
This naturally leads to the conclusion that there is no need for the writer to weaken Owen Reece as Sentry's power is limitless.

iceman24567
Originally posted by -Pr-
Because Superman doesn't have an entire Legion of Superheroes inspired by his example... thumb up
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/Picture005.jpg

SquallX
huh
Batman Incorporated? Batman and the outsiders? Battle of the cowl? We are Robin? Batwing #1/ Batwing #2? Batgordon? Gotham and Gotham Girl?

Literally all of those happened within the timespan of a few years.

Ever heard of The Supermen Dynasties? That right there beats anyone Bruce has ever inspired. Not only that Clark's story was the one that inspired the Legion into becoming who they are.

Hell, Superman's is so over the top that villains both fears and respect him. Clark has even inspires and awe powerful entities because of his character.

Come to me when Batman has inspired Generations of Generations of beings into holding his values.

And like i said before, Clark stories has become so inspiring that it transcends it's own medium.

Galan007
Because Superman doesn't have an entire Legion of Superheroes inspired by his example... Hadta post this...

http://i.imgur.com/odFx05P.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AsQupnC.jpg

SquallX
Originally posted by Galan007
Hadta post this...

There a Harambe joke in there.

Surtur
That's wrong.

Molecule Man had no negative beliefs about his abilities during Dark Reign and what lower his power-level is when he believes he can't do something... Which was the opposite during Dark Reign, Owen got rid of his previous negative beliefs about his abilities and thus was at full power.

The power levels Owen showed came nowhere near even a fraction of those he showed at his height. I don't mean to suggest an in story reason was given for this, I'm just going by the showing. Owen and Beyonder were tossing universes and shit at each other. Sentry simply never displayed that much power.

EcstaticGrace
Hadta post this...

The Grey and red s emblem reminds me of Val-Zod Wonder if this was looked at.

iceman24567
The power levels Owen showed came nowhere near even a fraction of those he showed at his height. I don't mean to suggest an in story reason was given for this, I'm just going by the showing. Owen and Beyonder were tossing universes and shit at each other. Sentry simply never displayed that much power. thumb up His powers at that time were "local" in scope which is fact

RealityWarper
The power levels Owen showed came nowhere near even a fraction of those he showed at his height. I don't mean to suggest an in story reason was given for this, I'm just going by the showing. Owen and Beyonder were tossing universes and shit at each other. Sentry simply never displayed that much power.

There is no reason for those two characters to display collateral damages when all they have to do is focus on each other molecules/energies.
Moreover Molecule Man mastery over his powers has been greatly improved since his last fight against the Beyonder.

And this:

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111292726/5320703-sentrymorepowerfulthanmoleculemanandbeyonder.jpg

deathslash
Because Superman doesn't have an entire Legion of Superheroes inspired by his example... I know about them and most of the other Superman related groups. I was just poking fun at the thought that Batman practically said Superman was uninspiring and Clark had no rebuttal.

SquallX
I know about them and most of the other Superman related groups. I was just poking fun at the thought that Batman practically said Superman was uninspiring and Clark had no rebuttal.

That's because Clark doesn't go around and put others down just to feel better about himself, especially not someone he considers both one of his best and friends and brother in all but blood.

That's the difference between Clark and Bruce. Bruce put others down so he can feel superior because of his inadequacy, where as Clark could care less.

That scene clearly showed who's the bigger man. Because if Clark wanted too he could have brought up all the time Bruce almost died and no one was even remotely inspired.

From Bane breaking his back
Joker killing Jason
Joker paralyzing Barbara

Those are 3 of his biggest failings, and no one cared less in the DC verse, where as Clark's Death inspired a new wave of Heroes, and Villains stopped to show respect to Clark's legacy.

So come back when you have something better.

Khazra Reborn
There is no reason for those two characters to display collateral damages when all they have to do is focus on each other molecules/energies.
Moreover Molecule Man mastery over his powers has been greatly improved since his last fight against the Beyonder.

MM and Beyonder both had their power levels massively reduced after everything they did was retconned as some Celestial's dream or some shit like that.

Sin I AM
That's because Clark doesn't go around and put others down just to feel better about himself, especially not someone he considers both one of his best and friends and brother in all but blood.

That's the difference between Clark and Bruce. Bruce put others down so he can feel superior because of his inadequacy, where as Clark could care less.

That scene clearly showed who's the bigger man. Because if Clark wanted too he could have brought up all the time Bruce almost died and no one was even remotely inspired.

Joker killing Jason
Joker paralyzing Barbara

Those are 3 of his biggest failings, and no one cared less in the DC verse, where as Clark's Death inspired a new wave of Heroes, and Villains stopped to show respect to Clark's legacy.

Hahahaha no

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
MM and Beyonder both had their power levels massively reduced after everything they did was retconned as some Celestial's dream or some shit like that.

To be more specific Beyonder's power was reduced to the point that his showings against the Celestials were an illusions induced by them

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23992/4739722-beyonderpowersretconffann026_59.jpg

However it doesn't change Beyonder and Molecule Man feats of affecting the Marvel Omniverse two times.

Molecule Man remains an Omniversal-being... So is Sentry.

Owen was confirmed by Lifegiver Galactus whom is more powerful than Lord Chaos and Master Order (and than his former Eater of World-self) to be capable to erase him with a tough.

Considering the fact that Sentry overpowered and destroyed with a though and that Jenkins and Bendis confirmed him to be above Owen that speaks volumes about his power-level.

tkitna
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Bob won't likely be allowed to run around like a loose cannon.

And exactly who would stop him?

RealityWarper
Originally posted by tkitna

Nobody.

They will convince him to stop himself like characters from the Marvel Universe did.

He will erase the minds of everyone once more and all will be fine.

SquallX
Hahahaha no

Prove me wrong then.

abhilegend
To be more specific Beyonder's power was reduced to the point that his showings against the Celestials were an illusions induced by them

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23992/4739722-beyonderpowersretconffann026_59.jpg

However it doesn't change Beyonder and Molecule Man feats of affecting the Marvel Omniverse two times.

Molecule Man remains an Omniversal-being... So is Sentry.

Owen was confirmed by Lifegiver Galactus whom is more powerful than Lord Chaos and Master Order (and than his former Eater of World-self) to be capable to erase him with a tough.

Considering the fact that Sentry overpowered and destroyed with a though and that Jenkins and Bendis confirmed him to be above Owen that speaks volumes about his power-level.
You have already been proven wrong about all this.

Heck, Owen had trouble with Daken's healing factor and threatened with nukes in that story.

Some omniversal power right there.

And some tweets from a fanboy like Jenkins means shit. He also said Black Bolt would defeat Sentry.

Must be true too.

RealityWarper

I haven't.

I already backed-up everything so spare me with your whiny fanboy rants.
Go troll somewhere else.

He had not.
He changed Daken into a tree.
The nuke did nothing and was erased.

True.
You should stop whining about it.

Jenkins is the creator of the character.
He is an authority about the Sentry and regularly works for Marvel.

Who are you ?
Ah yes. You are a nobody from a battle forum and a superman fanboy, butthurt because the character looks like Superman and could disintegrate him in like two seconds.

He never said that and if you are referring to "Silent War", Sentry was afraid of the damages that Black Bolt could cause to others and the war it could start between the Inhumans and the humans.

Why don't you stop to engage me with your constant crappy intervention ?

I blocked you for the precise reason that you are an aggressive fanboy whom don't know what he is talking about.

Ciao.

quanchi112
I haven't.

Go troll somewhere else.

He had not.
He changed Daken into a tree.
The nuke did nothing and was erased.

True.
You should stop whining about it.

Jenkins is the creator of the character.
He is an authority about the Sentry and regularly works for Marvel.

Who are you ?
Ah yes. You are a nobody from a battle forum and a superman fanboy, butthurt because the character looks like Superman and could disintegrate him in like two seconds.

He never said that and if you are referring to "Silent War", Sentry was afraid of the damages that Black Bolt could cause to others and the war it could start between the Inhumans and the humans.

Why don't you stop to engage me with your constant crappy intervention ?

I blocked you for the precise reason that you are an aggressive fanboy whom don't know what he is talking about.

Ciao. thumb up

-Pr-
Hadta post this...

That's literally the thing I had in mind when I posted my comment, I just couldn't remember the damn name.

Joker killing Jason
Joker paralyzing Barbara

pr1983

That's a weird way to look at Batman imo, but all right.

carver9
The writers have a high opinion of Sentry. I think Sentry lived up to this as well. Void is a creation of Sentry and Void is reaching high Trans to low Sky father.

abhilegend
I haven't.

Go troll somewhere else.

Of course you have.

You are the one running to Jenkins to prove your fanboyish theories. There is no bigger trolling than that.

That's just ignoring what happened. Daken was fighting him back via HF.

http://imgur.com/CC2txt8

And the nuke ditracted Owen then Sentry basically suckershotted him.

http://imgur.com/opJQVjG

You are essentially whining why no one gives a shit about what you think.

Stop PMSing kid.

No, he isn't. He could say Sentry is TOAA on twitter and it means shit until it gets printed in a comic.

Not a whiner like you.

You are one of those whiners who think everyone is out to get you and your character.

Here you are, bragging on a battle board about how Sentry is so powerful. What gives?

You sentry fanboys and your inferiority complex about Superman is always amusing.

Oh you poor kid. Jenkins flat out said in an interview that Black Bolt is more powerful than Sentry and would beat him.

Tough, right?

Why don't you stop posting at all? Go back to comicvine and "teach" people over there?

You are simply a fanboy who thinks everyone else is a fanboy. Irony at its finest.

Keep whining though.

quanchi112
Asking a writer his opinion isn't trolling, sport.

iceman24567

Heck, Owen had trouble with Daken's healing factor and threatened with nukes in that story.

Some omniversal power right there.

And some tweets from a fanboy like Jenkins means shit. He also said Black Bolt would defeat Sentry.

Must be true too. Yup Black Bolt is omniversal

Pillow Biter

As mentioned, they will find a way. I'm answering this question by looking both inside and outside the comic book panels. You have to think of how the character works as a literary device, and not just imagine how power sets could realistically work. Comics aren't close to realistic.

The details of how Sentry interacts with the DC might be different, but the big picture of the arc would be similar because that's just how the character is designed. He'd try to fit in, struggle, and eventually flame out in a big cross-series event.

RealityWarper
Of course you have.

You are the one running to Jenkins to prove your fanboyish theories. There is no bigger trolling than that.

Jenkins is the creator of the character, everything he says towards his own creation is valuable contrary to the shit that constantly spit out of your keyboard.

Thanks for proving your immaturity one more time with that inane comment.

Daken didn't fight back the transformation...

Owen was going easy on the Avengers and slowly changed Daken into a tree... The HF just replaced the cells changed into the cells of a tree by new ones and once Owen was aware of that he effortlessly accelerated the transformation.

Daken was changed into a tree without problem.

distracted*

Sentry didn't "suckershotted him".

If you had actually read and understood the story...

Sentry first restrained Molecule Man whom was completely helpless to fight Sentry's power back proving that Sentry is far more powerful than him... Sentry destroyed Owen at a molecular-level.

I really don't give a shit how you are trying to interpretate that part of the fight: there is already two writers aka Jenkins, the creator of the characte,r whom said that Sentry is more powerful than Owen and Bendis, the writer of the story, whom said that Sentry has not limit to his power-level and is able to craft a reality at a molecular-level whom backed-up my sayings.

Another crap that you use:

THIS is coming from an Eaglemoss fanzine unrelated to Marvel, you should as well copy and paste the statements coming from another of your friends fanboys of superman, both have the same weight.

You are the one complaining here. Go whine somewhere else.

More inane comments please, you looks mature.

How much are you butthurt ?

I don't give a shit about Superman.

I'm not a fanboy as I always followed the writers opinions.

Rofl.

You are calling me a kid even you barely reached puberty two years ago. Laughable.

Jenkins said in the twitter I posted that Sentry is far more powerful than Molecule Man and the Beyonder which he proved by obliterating Owen in two seconds effortlessly.

Jenkins never said that Black Bolt is more powerful than Sentry so stop pulling lies out of your ass.

What is though is your inability to understand what you are reading.

Because it is good to educated illiterate fanboys of your kind everyday.

Which you are proving by ranting against Marvel, Jenkins and other writers of the Sentry whom are authority in the matter while you have nothing up your sleeve to back-up your delusional comments.

You are the one whining everytime Sentry is showed to be more powerful than Superman. It's not a coincidence.

krisblaze
Sentry would probably go crazy and kill a bunch of people.

Superman would do a lot of good.

Sin I AM
Prove me wrong then.

Nahhh. Everything you said had a biased tone to it. I'll pass.

quanchi112
As mentioned, they will find a way. I'm answering this question by looking both inside and outside the comic book panels. You have to think of how the character works as a literary device, and not just imagine how power sets could realistically work. Comics aren't close to realistic.

The details of how Sentry interacts with the DC might be different, but the big picture of the arc would be similar because that's just how the character is designed. He'd try to fit in, struggle, and eventually flame out in a big cross-series event. They will find a way is about as biased as any poster would ever admit. You can't even give an actual reason. That's why in a thread in which we know the hero can die and base it off showings and powers that the Sentry wipes Superman off the map about as easily as the Spectrr turned him into salt.

quanchi112
Jenkins is the creator of the character, everything he says towards his own creation is valuable contrary to the shit that constantly spit out of your keyboard.

Thanks for proving your immaturity one more time with that inane comment.

Daken didn't fight back the transformation...

Owen was going easy on the Avengers and slowly changed Daken into a tree... The HF just replaced the cells changed into the cells of a tree by new ones and once Owen was aware of that he effortlessly accelerated the transformation.

Daken was changed into a tree without problem.

distracted*

Sentry didn't "suckershotted him".

If you had actually read and understood the story...

Sentry first restrained Molecule Man whom was completely helpless to fight Sentry's power back proving that Sentry is far more powerful than him... Sentry destroyed Owen at a molecular-level.

I really don't give a shit how you are trying to interpretate that part of the fight: there is already two writers aka Jenkins, the creator of the characte,r whom said that Sentry is more powerful than Owen and Bendis, the writer of the story, whom said that Sentry has not limit to his power-level and is able to craft a reality at a molecular-level whom backed-up my sayings.

Another crap that you use:

THIS is coming from an Eaglemoss fanzine unrelated to Marvel, you should as well copy and paste the statements coming from another of your friends fanboys of superman, both have the same weight.

You are the one complaining here. Go whine somewhere else.

How much are you butthurt ?

I don't give a shit about Superman.

I'm not a fanboy as I always followed the writers opinions.

Rofl.

You are calling me a kid even you barely reached puberty two years ago. Laughable.

Jenkins said in the twitter I posted that Sentry is far more powerful than Molecule Man and the Beyonder which he proved by obliterating Owen in two seconds effortlessly.

Jenkins never said that Black Bolt is more powerful than Sentry so stop pulling lies out of your ass.

What is though is your inability to understand what you are reading.

Because it is good to educated illiterate fanboys of your kind everyday.

Which you are proving by ranting against Marvel, Jenkins and other writers of the Sentry whom are authority in the matter while you have nothing up your sleeve to back-up your delusional comments.

You are the one whining everytime Sentry is showed to be more powerful than Superman. It's not a coincidence. thumb up

Pillow Biter
Originally posted by quanchi112
They will find a way is about as biased as any poster would ever admit. You can't even give an actual reason. That's why in a thread in which we know the hero can die and base it off showings and powers that the Sentry wipes Superman off the map about as easily as the Spectrr turned him into salt.

I believe the question was what would happen if they switched places. To me, that is as much a literary question as a comparison of power sets.

If you asked me who would 'realistically' win, someone with the Sentry's power set or Superman's, then the answer is easy: Sentry could solo 99% of DC characters at the same time--if he has unfettered access to his full power and doesn't somehow **** himself in the ass.

tkitna

The details of how Sentry interacts with the DC might be different, but the big picture of the arc would be similar because that's just how the character is designed. He'd try to fit in, struggle, and eventually flame out in a big cross-series event.

So basically, Sentry is the only one that can beat Sentry just like in Marvel?

quanchi112
I believe the question was what would happen if they switched places. To me, that is as much a literary question as a comparison of power sets.

If you asked me who would 'realistically' win, someone with the Sentry's power set or Superman's, then the answer is easy: Sentry could solo 99% of DC characters at the same time--if he has unfettered access to his full power and doesn't somehow **** himself in the ass. We base our answers based off the evidence, in character, and abilities matching up.

Glad to hear you as it he crushes Superman and most of DC with his superior power.

Pillow Biter
Originally posted by golem370
If these took over for each others who would make the bigger impact?

That is the question. Not whether Superman would beat a completely Voided-out Sentry with full, conscious access to the entirety of his powers. (Superman would have no chance.)

Pillow Biter
So basically, Sentry is the only one that can beat Sentry just like in Marvel?

Pretty much. Yeah. IF he's under a writer who is crediting him with his full powers. Some versions of Sentry are a lot more beatable than others.

A Sentry with full access to his powers is typically well beyond anyone or thing on DC Earth. I suppose that if the Thunderbolt is around, he'd be comparable. But he rarely performs up to his stats, as he is as ridiculously unwieldy in his overpoweredness as Sentry.

Spectre on the right day is also possibly a match, but he too is very inconsistent. (Again, because of his ridiculous potential power levels.)

Surtur
Nobody.

They will convince him to stop himself like characters from the Marvel Universe did.

He will erase the minds of everyone once more and all will be fine.

He only stopped because he chose to be stopped, they weren't able to actually prevent his mental break.

You see the characters in Marvel had a huge advantage those in DC do not have: they were in a comic. They were part of a story specifically written about this, a story which necessitated things like PIS and characters just all around not behaving in the smartest way.

This isn't a comic though, the DCU in this scenario doesn't have the same luxury the other characters did.

IMO the best thing to do would be to have Martian Manhunter perform a sort of telepathic attack. Not exactly a direct one since we've since how well those work, but he can do to Sentry something similar to what happened when Cloc overloaded him and turned him catatonic. That is how they are going to prevent tragedy, not by just coaching him or having a therapy session with him.

golem370
Would have cause Void to be released for good?

Surtur
What would have caused Void to be released for good?

Pillow Biter
He only stopped because he chose to be stopped, they weren't able to actually prevent his mental break.

You see the characters in Marvel had a huge advantage those in DC do not have: they were in a comic. They were part of a story specifically written about this, a story which necessitated things like PIS and characters just all around not behaving in the smartest way.

This isn't a comic though, the DCU in this scenario doesn't have the same luxury the other characters did.

IMO the best thing to do would be to have Martian Manhunter perform a sort of telepathic attack. Not exactly a direct one since we've since how well those work, but he can do to Sentry something similar to what happened when Cloc overloaded him and turned him catatonic. That is how they are going to prevent tragedy, not by just coaching him or having a therapy session with him.

The only "scenario" posited by the OP is that Superman and Sentry switch universes. So all the comic-book elements like a lack of realism and PIS would still be in effect.

Again, if anyone wants to posit how a fully-powered Sentry would realistically do, the answer is easy: he'd stomp just about everyone. But what's the point of that?

Pillow Biter
Originally posted by golem370
Would have cause Void to be released for good?

We don't know. It was all very vague.

Surtur
The only "scenario" posited by the OP is that Superman and Sentry switch universes. So all the comic-book elements like a lack of realism and PIS would still be in effect.

They've just switched universes..we aren't getting a written story about this. Written stories have characters they depend on to survive for the sake of the plot, characters that need to behave in a certain way for that.

Here there is none of that, just Sentry and Superman swap places. There is no reason PIS would still be in effect.

You say what is the point as if it'd be boring, but how is it any more boring than "Batman tames him because he's Batman"?

abhilegend
Sentry gets tossed into Phantom Zone or tossed at the end of time.

/Thread

Pillow Biter
They've just switched universes..we aren't getting a written story about this. Written stories have characters they depend on to survive for the sake of the plot, characters that need to behave in a certain way for that.

Here there is none of that, just Sentry and Superman swap places. There is no reason PIS would still be in effect.

You say what is the point as if it'd be boring, but how is it any more boring than "Batman tames him because he's Batman".

I rate all fights as if they were happening in a comic story. You have to factor in typical degrees of PIS and other comic conventions. I've never been a fan of arguing for fully realistic "bloodlusted" fights based on power sets. Characters were never created with that in mind, and as a result, we rarely have enough information to properly argue such fights anyways.

Take Superman vs. the Silver Surfer. Realistically, Surfer only needs a second to completely own Superman a million different ways. On the other hand, does Surfer even get that second, realistically? It's logical to impute that Surfer has true super speed, yet does that go too far--even for realism? We've never really seen him be the Flash before. But "realistically" he should be able to do that--the Power Cosmic can do just about anything, being really only limited in scale and scope but not in versatility. But then again, does that mean that realistically Surfer could be as strong a telepath as Prof. X? These arguments become impossible.

Surtur
Characters weren't created with forums like this in mind either. They don't ignore CIS here, but I can't see why PIS should be factored in as well.

PIS is what allows Deathstroke to defeat Green Lantern and the Flash. It had nothing to do with the shortcomings of those characters, it was just plain the plot. If Flash and GL were, in character, so ungodly stupid that yes it made sense for them to lose to one such as Deathstroke..then suddenly it wouldn't be PIS.

Or to use Superman and super speed, Superman has a thing against killing..not against ending fights quickly with as minimal damage as possible. It's in character for him not to kill, the other stuff is just retarded plot stuff.

abhilegend
We take characters as in the comics. Otherwise you could just make your own comics and argue about it.

The sheer hate for source material in CBR always amused me. Unless it's of their favourites like Gladiator or Surfer that is.

Surtur
We take personality traits into account, we do not take PIS into account. Why is it you can't acknowledge that difference?

Since you want to mention CBR they had a lovely example of the difference between PIS and CIS: the character Rhino. Rhino is stupid as f*ck. For him to use his powers in a stupid way is IN character for him.

abhilegend
Characters weren't created with forums like this in mind either. They don't ignore CIS here, but I can't see why PIS should be factored in as well.

PIS is what allows Deathstroke to defeat Green Lantern and the Flash. It had nothing to do with the shortcomings of those characters, it was just plain the plot. If Flash and GL were, in character, so ungodly stupid that yes it made sense for them to lose to one such as Deathstroke..then suddenly it wouldn't be PIS.

Or to use Superman and super speed, Superman has a thing against killing..not against ending fights quickly with as minimal damage as possible. It's in character for him not to kill, the other stuff is just retarded plot stuff.
And instead of applying the same rule of PIS for say Thanos, CBR simply gave him FTL speed.

Just because he beats Surfer. Pretend Deathstroke is Thanos and go from there.

thumb up

Surtur
Yes and if you remember I argued against Thanos being granted super speed. I never said I agreed with everything CBR did.

A character doing something because it's in character for them is not the same thing as doing something just to further the plot along.

abhilegend
We take personality traits into account, we do not take PIS into account. Why is it you can't acknowledge that difference?

Since you want to mention CBR they had a lovely example of the difference between PIS and CIS: the character Rhino. Rhino is stupid as f*ck. For him to use his powers in a stupid way is IN character for him.
No, it's just hate for the comics.

Unless it's Gladiator.

thumb up

abhilegend
Yes and if you remember I argued against Thanos being granted super speed. I never said I agreed with everything CBR did.

A character doing something because it's in character for them is not the same thing as doing something just to further the plot along.
How about the skyfather level Gladiator who beats JLA and JSA together?

Pillow Biter
I'm not always a big fan of PIS or CIS.

I tend to think of things in terms of comic conventions. And to always try to think of things from the perspective of writers.

The only relevant PIS is when a character clearly performs far differently *than he normally does in the comics* for a specific plot-induced reason. When a character underperforms what he realistically should be achieving given his power set, we just call that "Comics!".

It's unclear to me what exactly you want to argue? Do you want to argue power sets? How would you, with your mind and the Sentry's true power, all operating under real-world physics, do against someone else who had Superman's power, in a similar situation? That is often pretty tough to do--and even when you can do it, where does it get you? But in this case it would be easy. You'd win.

Surtur
I still find it silly to try to say PIS should be on because that is the culprit when you have Deathstroke beat Flash or Spider-Man defeat Firelord or all that nonsense. PIS is where the "anything can happen in a comic" comes from.

Why would we include such an aspect in anything resembling a debate? It serves no purpose. Are we just telling a story here?

abhilegend
I still find it silly to try to say PIS should be on because that is the culprit when you have Deathstroke beat Flash or Spider-Man defeat Firelord or all that nonsense. PIS is where the "anything can happen in a comic" comes from.

Why would we include such an aspect in anything resembling a debate? It serves no purpose. Are we just telling a story here?
Because you're throwing the baby with the bathwater.

Just assume these are outliers. They happened. But they don't affect the average portrayal of the character.

Discarding entire feats because you don't like them? Idiotic.

Pillow Biter
Well, the question is "what would happen if". It doesn't make sense to import specific PIS from one story and use it in another. But it does mean we should look at how the character is engineered, and that general comic standards will apply.

The fact that Sentry is designed to implode is as much CIS as PIS, I suppose. Though again, I don't like either term. Still, this isn't Spidey vs. Firelord here. This is the fact that Sentry is who Sentry is, and he'd be just as likely to ultimately wish for death and facilitate it in the DCU and the MU.

quanchi112
Well, the question is "what would happen if". It doesn't make sense to import specific PIS from one story and use it in another. But it does mean we should look at how the character is engineered, and that general comic standards will apply.

The fact that Sentry is designed to implode is as much CIS as PIS, I suppose. Though again, I don't like either term. Still, this isn't Spidey vs. Firelord here. This is the fact that Sentry is who Sentry is, and he'd be just as likely to ultimately wish for death and facilitate it in the DCU and the MU. Sentty waxes many heroes including Superman in his initial assault. Spectre showed us how easily he can be turned into salt.

Pillow Biter
It's definitely within his capacity to completely smoke Superman.

RealityWarper

That's the point in having an Uber-powerful character.

I think that the big 7 could help Bob to deal with himself the same way he did in the Sentry mini-series.

A "frontal" telepathic attack will not work, Sentry's mind is so powerful that he shrugg-off everything coming at him.

I guess that the only way for MMH to do something in this order is to convince Bob to let him access his mind in the first place.

That's clearly not easy to do, especially now.

All Apocalypse's Horsemen have a Psionic Armor and this is added to Sentry's natural defenses to psionic attacks.

Tony Stark said that hacking Cloc in order to overload Bob was a bad move because Sentry could have created a new House of M event.

RealityWarper

The fact that Sentry is designed to implode is as much CIS as PIS, I suppose. Though again, I don't like either term. Still, this isn't Spidey vs. Firelord here. This is the fact that Sentry is who Sentry is, and he'd be just as likely to ultimately wish for death and facilitate it in the DCU and the MU.

Spidey Vs Firelord is a legit feat.

Surtur
It's legit in the sense that yes the event certainly took place within the Marvel universe.

It is not something you should use in a Spider-Man debate though.

RealityWarper
It's legit in the sense that yes the event certainly took place within the Marvel universe.

It is not something you should use in a Spider-Man debate though.

It showed that Spider-man using his strong points can win against Firelord.

Firelord isn't physically that strong and he has a slow reaction time.

That let some openings for Spidey to hit and run him.

Surtur
Lol this is the same comic where Spider-Man exclaims "not even a herald of galactus" could survive an explosion that destroyed several city blocks or something. It shouldn't be taken seriously.

Also if Firelord isn't that strong and is also slow then doing a hit and run on such a character serves no purpose being brought up in a debate either way. Could you explain to us the part that is impressive then in your opinion?

RealityWarper
Lol this is the same comic where Spider-Man exclaims "not even a herald of galactus" could survive an explosion that destroyed several city blocks or something. It shouldn't be taken seriously.

Also if Firelord isn't that strong and is also slow then doing a hit and run on such a character serves no purpose being brought up in a debate either way. Could you explain to us the part that is impressive then in your opinion?

I don't get your question...

Firelord is far more durable than Spider-man and have clearly more impressive destructive capacity...

What is impressive is that Spidey used his strong points that Firelord could hardly counter despite his advantages.

That's as legit as Mongoose destroying Thor.

-Pr-
Guys, please review the forum rules.

golem370
Yeah back on topic lol I think if nothing else Sentry would make DC more interesting maybe Superman would dull down Marvel

Surtur
I don't get your question...

Firelord is far more durable than Spider-man and have clearly more impressive destructive capacity...

What is impressive is that Spidey used his strong points that Firelord could hardly counter despite his advantages.

That's as legit as Mongoose destroying Thor.

You aren't making any sense though. The "strong points" he used shouldn't have been able to do what they did. We get that he is quick and agile and all that, but there comes a point where that just doesn't matter.

Guys, please review the forum rules.

Which rule do you mean, since I can't imagine how the Spiderman/Firelord encounter would be seen as legit for Spidey.

Surtur
That's the point in having an Uber-powerful character.

Okay, but it wont' save them from terrible destruction being unleashed.

As I've been saying though, nobody was able to ever fully help him. When you say they could deal with him the same way he was dealt with in his series all that means is that they can delay this. I don't think anyone is saying they couldn't delay it, but no it's not like they are going to "fix" him.

But it happened and AFAIK there was no new House of M. Would it of eventually happened? Who knows, and would a seasoned telepath be able to perhaps prevent that? Again hard to say.

We don't know what will happen there, but we do know what will happen if they try to do what the heroes of Marvel did. Also some of the people trying to help him in Marvel knew him, as in they knew things about him, beyond just basic knowledge. The JLA have no connections at all to him and Sentry is in fact not emotionally connected to a single person in DC.

RealityWarper
You aren't making any sense though. The "strong points" he used shouldn't have been able to do what they did. We get that he is quick and agile and all that, but there comes a point where that just doesn't matter.

Of course it does make sense:

Firelord doesn't have the reflexes to shoot Spidey with accuracy when he is moving all-around and his superior agility and spider-sense allows him to anticipate Firelord's blasts.

Moreover Firelord's weak point is his brain which is organic in perception and functions: it is said in the Marvel Handbook that Firelord can have a concussion is the damage is big enough.

Read the part LIMITATIONS:

Spidey simply progressively sapped Firelord's durability and stamina until the final series of punches into Firelord's face take him down for good.http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/30/1469570999-marvel-deluxe-edition4v1-44.jpg

RealityWarper
Okay, but it wont' save them from terrible destruction being unleashed.

Yep

That's true but the Status Quo is part of the comic book characterization.

That's why Bruce Banner will never been fully cured of being the Hulk for example.

It seems however that Sentry has changed a lot in his last appearance as he lost his former weaknesses, agoraphobia (he said it) and Shizophrenia (there is no Void within him anymore) prior to the Death Seed which basically allowed him to be morals off all the time.

It depends on what story the writer want to write.

Honestly I would like to read that story and see how they would deal with Bob mental illness.

Enzeru

It seems however that Sentry has changed a lot in his last appearance as he lost his former weaknesses, agoraphobia (he said it) and Shizophrenia (there is no Void within him anymore) prior to the Death Seed which basically allowed him to be morals off all the time.

Sentry got rid of his agoraphobia, but he is still schizophrenic. The "there is no Void within him anymore" approach is so damn stupid.
Sentry literally said, that the Void left him and went to the White Hot Room. That's him imagining stuff. And he still has delusions of grandeur. Just look at his talk about him being the chosen son and humanity's saviour.

That's really basic Sentry stuff, which doesn't get into your thick skull. Don't even argue with me about it.

There were so many times you've PMed me with questions about the Sentry:
"Can the Sentry do this, could the Sentry do that?"
"Enzeru halp, I got into this debate about Sentry being able to manipulate time and now I need you to give me something, ANYTHING MAN, just so I can make a case for the Sentry!"
I also remember all the times, where I gave you all the right information on the Sentry, but your brain couldn't process it, and so you went on and spread out wrong information.

And to think that you in one thread posted the statement, you would be the person, who knows the most about the Sentry. That's literally what I had said before, you damn, broken record. For me that's true. For you not so much, you delusional freak. When I tell you that the Sentry prefers green apples over red apples, then that's the case.
The only way you can save the last big of dignity you potentially have is by admitting, that you were trolling the entire time and that Sentry obviously doesn't even come close to the multiversal or by now even omniversal levels you always tried to place him at.

God damn.

Oh, and one more thing... since you like to post fallacies all day long:
How about you look up the "backfire effect"? You are the literal definition of the backfire effect and people like you are the reason why I'm not active on battle boards anymore.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Enzeru
Sentry got rid of his agoraphobia, but he is still schizophrenic. The "there is no Void within him anymore" approach is so damn stupid.

No, he isn't a schizo anymore.

Wrong.
That's him interpreting the disappearance of the Void.

He doesn't have delusions of grandeur.
That's the corrupting influence of the Death Seed that talks.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/30/1469605780-astonishing-x-men-061-002.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/30/1469606227-astonishing-x-men-061-013.jpg

Shut up and read it what I've posted.

I came to you when I needed basic stuff, once I did your help wasn't needed anymore which is the case here.

I perfectly understand who the Sentry is and his place within the Marvel Universe but thanks for your concern.

You can believe what you want, I truly don't give a shit.

You said that Sentry is at Thanos-level and you can't backtrack on that because you spend one year ranting about me and you insulted me in PM because my opinion was different about it.

Now that the creator of the character confirmed that Sentry is advanced beyond Molecule Man and Beyonder all your little theories are done and you are screwed.

I've never said that I was trolling about it.
I've always been serious.

At times I used the term "multiversal" in the sense that Sentry could affect all of the realities in the Marvel Universe, now I am using Omniversal because it's the correct definition.

I didn't post any fallacies.
You should read your post about Sentry again because he is filled with incoherences and contradictions.
You truly don't know what to say or what to do now...

I think that you are projecting too much about the "backfire effect" because that's exactly what just happened to you.

I remember that you claimed in a PM that you know better than Jenkins about the Sentry which is ludicrous and arrogant.

Talking about decency I think it's truly time for you to shut your big mouth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.