MCU Luke Cage vs. Sabertooth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Victor agreed has his film feats from all Xmen movies

*Cage has his feats from the newest trailer

H2H only

FrothByte
I guess Sabertooth could try to knockout Cage, especially if this is Creed from X1. But I don't recall Sabertooth ever dealing that much blunt trauma damage. He usually depends on his claws which will be completely useless here.

Right now I'm siding with Cage.

wakkawakkawakka
If this is a composite Sabertooth then I guess he's have a slight edge. Sure Luke's strong and his skin makes Creed's claw useless but if it came down to attrition I'm not sure Luke has enough to put him down.

Impediment
The trailer doesn't seem like a viable source, if you ask me.

BruceSkywalker
jeez a black man versus a white man

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Arachnid1
I'm edging towards Sabes. Stronger, faster, more agile, and a great healing factor.

I'm just not completely sure if he can put out the damage to take out Cage. I want to say yes, but am too tired to remember specific feats besides knocking out Wolverine with a tree and tossing him huge distances.

Kazenji
Wow.....Starting already with Luke Cage?

TheVaultDweller
As things stand, I would say stalemate. Don't think Luke can put Creed down, based on what we have seen so far, but, on the flip side, it took a pointblank shotgun blast to the chin to KO Luke. I don't think Sabertooth showed that level of striking power, except when he used a tree as a club. But he doesn't have a tree for this match.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
As things stand, I would say stalemate. Don't think Luke can put Creed down, based on what we have seen so far, but, on the flip side, it took a pointblank shotgun blast to the chin to KO Luke. I don't think Sabertooth showed that level of striking power, except when he used a tree as a club. But he doesn't have a tree for this match.

I wonder if Creed can get chocked out and bones shattered. Same with Cage.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
I wonder if Creed can get chocked out and bones shattered. Same with Cage.

Well, things like tanking that bar explosion suggests that Cage's durability is more than skin deep, so to speak, or the blast would have turned his skeleton to jelly, even if his skin is extra tough. But just how far his overall durability extends remains to be seen. We do know that sufficient enough force (like the shotgun to the chin) can indeed cause internal damage though. Though that caused soft tissue swelling IIRC, not any skeletal damage.

X1 Creed dominated Logan (albeit X1 Logan was still pretty s***). Origins Creed got KO'd by a hard forearm strike from adamantium Wolverine. But both showed incredibly quick healing from injuries, so any bone breaks would be temporary setbacks only.

Not really sure on where the choking thing stands.

KingD19
Cage should be strong enough to literally dismember Creed if necessary. Like a Wookiee just yanking arms out the socket.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, things like tanking that bar explosion suggests that Cage's durability is more than skin deep, so to speak, or the blast would have turned his skeleton to jelly, even if his skin is extra tough. But just how far his overall durability extends remains to be seen. We do know that sufficient enough force (like the shotgun to the chin) can indeed cause internal damage though. Though that caused soft tissue swelling IIRC, not any skeletal damage.

X1 Creed dominated Logan (albeit X1 Logan was still pretty s***). Origins Creed got KO'd by a hard forearm strike from adamantium Wolverine. But both showed incredibly quick healing from injuries, so any bone breaks would be temporary setbacks only.

Not really sure on where the choking thing stands.

Thanks for that. Now I'm firmly on Cage's side. Him tanking that explosion was a better durability feat than any Creed has. Cage should be able to just knock Creed out eventually.

wakkawakkawakka
Isn't Luke's best striking feat punching a hole in a bus? Granted impressive but wouldn't Creed's healing factor take care of that? Also unless I missed something I'm missing aren't their lifting feats about the same?

carver9
Don't see how you all are making a decision on this battle when we know next to nothing about Cage so far.

KingD19
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Isn't Luke's best striking feat punching a hole in a bus? Granted impressive but wouldn't Creed's healing factor take care of that? Also unless I missed something I'm missing aren't their lifting feats about the same?

Cage completely overpowered Jessica Jones who was strong enough to hold a car off the ground with one hand. Cage himself also told her how he was moving rusted out cars around a junkyard just to see how much he could lift.

And if he hit Creed that hard in the face, he'd knock his head off.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by carver9
Don't see how you all are making a decision on this battle when we know next to nothing about Cage so far.

There are enough feats from Jessica Jones for him that we can at least have a discussion.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
Cage completely overpowered Jessica Jones who was strong enough to hold a car off the ground with one hand. Cage himself also told her how he was moving rusted out cars around a junkyard just to see how much he could lift.

I initially thought they were pretty even but, after having re-watched the show, Luke did seem to have an edge. There are two instances which showed this fairly clearly IMO. When Luke wants to kill the driver he thought killed his wife, and Jessica tries (and fails miserably) to hold back Luke. And during the mind-controlled fight, at one point, Luke throws a punch that Jessica catches, but she still gets pushed back. It's only after she starts pushing with both her arms, against his one, that she starts pushing him in return.

KingD19
Yeah. In the comics and the show both, it's pretty clear it's Cage >> Jones(at the least). She can put up a fight, but it's never in question who's going to win. In the mind control fight she was basically on the defensive and running the entire time. Luke also showed some decent reflexes by snatching her from a jump. She's cleared at least a few stories in seconds before.

TheVaultDweller
On a somewhat unrelated note, I wonder where on the power scale Iron Fist is going to be. We already know he can hit hard enough to smash a steel door out of a wall, but that's all we've seen so far.

FrothByte
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

Well if he punched Creed with that strength that would probably knock Creed out if not crush his skull completely.

K-Dog
Haven't watched any new Cage or Jones stuff in a few months, but Jessica was using one hand to quickly break off metal padlocks in the first season. That would prob make her a good 20 times as strong as a normal person. And Cage is stronger than her. A carpenter saw was unable to scratch him after 5 seconds or so. He's going to be hard to put down. Sabertooth can cut metal ( remember him easily scratching up the hood of a car in Wolverine origins. ). But cage is probably too tough for that.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Cage held an electric saw against his stomach and the thing started smoking and sparking, where as Luke remained completely unharmed. And though they cut so quickly that it's hard to fully see, but in the trailer it looks like someone takes a swipe at Luke with a machete, and the blade snaps off against his forearm. Plus, he literally tanks bullets from an automatic rifle, which should have more piercing power than Creed's claws.

TheVaultDweller
A somewhat amusing durability feat for Cage (reminds me of Deadpool), as part of a teaser of his series, at 1:17 seconds. Granted, that thug isn't Creed, but it just shows how useless any non-enhanced person is against him.

DrFnGpv3Kao

Also, I don't recall anyone ever breaking their hand just by punching Sabertooth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.