Who's the most skilled duelist, Satele Shan can take in a fencing competition?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
*Peak Satele*

As the title says, who's most skilled duelist she can take for a majority? I'd say Coleman Trebor, but I ain't to sure, tbh. mmm

MythLord
Hmm, Finn maybe. thumb up

BazookaMaster
Maul?

Syndicate
Meetra Surik.

Trocity
Originally posted by BazookaMaster
Maul?

confused

|King Joker|
Originally posted by MythLord
Hmm, Finn maybe. thumb up Maybe.

Ziggystardust
I've already discussed reasons to why the average Sith Lord in the Old Republic, is likely to be near around Dooku level in sabers, which wen't somewhat undisputed. I've also discussed the reasons why Satele Shan might be even faster than Palaptine. From there, we have limited options for contemporary duelists, so we're pretty much down to some TOR powerhouses and a select few Jedi and Sith from the Movie era. Luke and Potentially Yoda. That's about it.

DarthAnt66
She's B-Team level or better.

Deronn_solo
What has Satele done that put her beyond Fisto?

BazookaMaster
She was pretty evenly fighting with Malgus...

And in some topics here there were serious analytics describing why Malgus is between Dookus and Yodas levels, but I cant find them :/

@EDIT
Of course she lost to Malgus obviously... but... she was still giving good fight

carthage
Gallia or Mundi maybe

cs_zoltan
lel at Malgus > Dooku

chingchangwalla
Mundi is a good swordsman, she isn't beating him. Might take Shaak Ti coz she's shit :/

MythLord
Originally posted by BazookaMaster
She was pretty evenly fighting with Malgus...

And in some topics here there were serious analytics describing why Malgus is between Dookus and Yodas levels, but I cant find them :/

@EDIT
Of course she lost to Malgus obviously... but... she was still giving good fight

LOL @ a pre-prime, Hope or Return Malgus even coming close to Dooku, when he's being fooled around by Darach.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
What has Satele done that put her beyond Fisto?

Whats Fisto done to put him on par with Satele?

MythLord
Beating TCW GG, being stated as one of the Order's absolute greatest swordsmen ever, and stomping two Jedi-killing MagnaGuards, who were among Grievous' elites(not the junk Tano faced).

This all puts him above Satele, if anything, tbh.

Nephthys
No it doesn't. Grievous' cybernetics weren't fully charged and he was stated to have overwhelmed Fisto regardless. The swordsman quote was just an opinion from Windu and even if it were true is largely irrelevant and useless as a measure of comparison. So all you've got is him killing Magnaguards, which isn't nearly as good as Satele blitzing Sith Warriors.

chingchangwalla
**** my life. Fisto stomped Grievous

MythLord
Grievous still defeated Nahdar Vebb, in the same state. The same Nahdar capable of murking MagnaGuards. And Fisto was overwhelmed near the beginning, towards the end he was clearly very much the one winning.

It wasn't just from Mace's opinion, there are several objective sources claiming Fisto as such. There's also his utter pwnage of AotC Kenobi, while holding back, and Kenobi two years prior to TPM was recognized as one of the most talented duelists in the Order's history, IIRC.

Given how regular MagnaGuards are meant to equal Jedi Knights or Sith Warriors, and these two were among Grievous' elites(i.e. better than your regular MagnaGuards), I'd say it's as good or better, tbh.

Nephthys
Grievous still defeated Nahdar Vebb, in the same state. The same Nahdar capable of murking MagnaGuards. And Fisto was overwhelmed near the beginning, towards the end he was clearly very much the one winning.

It wasn't just from Mace's opinion, there are several objective sources claiming Fisto as such. There's also his utter pwnage of AotC Kenobi, while holding back, and Kenobi two years prior to TPM was recognized as one of the most talented duelists in the Order's history, IIRC.

Given how regular MagnaGuards are meant to equal Jedi Knights or Sith Warriors, and these two were among Grievous' elites(i.e. better than your regular MagnaGuards), I'd say it's as good or better, tbh.

I'm going to give you a little hint here: No-one gives a shit about beating Magnaguards. Ahsoka wrecked 4 of them at once and Shaak Ti was fighting dozens of them at at a time. That some random ******* like Vebb can wreck them only reveals how shit they are. Also GG beat Vebb by cheap-shotting him while in a bladelock. It's not as if he actually beat him in sabers. So Vebbs ability to kill Magnaguards is irrelevant to how GG defeated him.

Is that so, because I'm looking at his respect thread and I can see no such thing. Please contact the creator and supply him with these additional sources after you post them here. Meh, AotC Kenobi. Satele would pwn him as well. Also isn't that the same source where Fisto lost to Ventress, who Kenobi then defeated?

Again, who cares about Magnaguards. TOR era Sith will always be superior. That Magnaguards can kill fodder PT Jedi says nothing to me. Proof these were good ones though?

SunRazer
Interestingly, in TCW, Dooku's Magnaguards always perform better than Grievous' ones - which just get mowed down instantly, lol.

S_W_LeGenD
*Peak Satele*

As the title says, who's most skilled duelist she can take for a majority? I'd say Coleman Trebor, but I ain't to sure, tbh. mmm
Sorry my friend,

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4433904-1789308901-43846.gif

Much better than him.

MythLord
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm going to give you a little hint here: No-one gives a shit about beating Magnaguards. Ahsoka wrecked 4 of them at once and Shaak Ti was fighting dozens of them at at a time. That some random ******* like Vebb can wreck them only reveals how shit they are. Also GG beat Vebb by cheap-shotting him while in a bladelock. It's not as if he actually beat him in sabers. So Vebbs ability to kill Magnaguards is irrelevant to how GG defeated him.

Ayy LMAO, MagnaGuards have also challenged Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi among others. If you're going to mention their low showings, might as well include their high showings, no?

Besides, you can look at Ahsoka beating 3*(not even close to wrecking four, lmao), Nahdar murking two and Shaak fighting off dozens as good showings for them, rather than bad showings for the MagnaGuards.

And I'm pretty sure GG would've killed Nahdar Vebb if they kept fighting, tbh. That much is obvious.

Is that so, because I'm looking at his respect thread and I can see no such thing. Please contact the creator and supply him with these additional sources after you post them here.

So your knowledge on Fisto comes from one or two incomplete Respect Threads? Good to know. thumb up

I don't think Whirlwind is online anymore on Vine, though, tbh.

Meh, AotC Kenobi. Satele would pwn him as well. Also isn't that the same source where Fisto lost to Ventress, who Kenobi then defeated?

Kenobi got nearly killed by Asajj after a brief exchange, as well. And she had been studying Fisto prior to the fight, and fought him while he was tired IIRC.

And nah, Satele hasn't done anything to suggest she'd wreck AotC Kenobi.

Again, who cares about Magnaguards. TOR era Sith will always be superior. That Magnaguards can kill fodder PT Jedi says nothing to me. Proof these were good ones though?

Based on what would they be superior to Jedi-killing masters of all seven forms, that can adapt to nearly anything, and have bested Jedi in a time where the Jedi were at their peak?

And it's stated that those were the best MagnaGuards, handpicked to accompany Grievous in kidnapping the Chancellor.

DarthAnt66
I'd say Coleman Trebor, but I ain't to sure, tbh. mmm
She can best Durron in a duel. thumb up

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

So could Coleman Trebor smile

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Why would Kyp even care about sabers, when he can just hurl black holes at peeps? cool

Originally posted by Selenial
So could Coleman Trebor smile

That maybe true. But it's also true he could ragdoll Meetra on a bad day. wink

SunRazer
Kyp was ragdolled by ****ing Kenth Hamner laughing out loud

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by SunRazer
Kyp was ragdolled by ****ing Kenth Hamner laughing out loud

Really?

SunRazer
I don't want others to spoil it whenever I play with DC...

Context, of course. But:

Nephthys
Keeeeeek.

Nai
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
've already discussed reasons to why the average Sith Lord in the Old Republic, is likely to be near around Dooku level in sabers, which wen't somewhat undisputed.

If that went undisputed, then just because nobody wanted to dignify nonsense like that with a real reply...

More nonsense.

Luke and Yoda wouldn't even ignite their lightsaber in order to dominate Satele. And if they did, it would be a slaughter. Satele is inferior to a version of Malgus that is still rather far away from his peak incarnation. Even assuming that both became stronger in a similar fashion, that doesn't say much, given that Satele isn't really strong in the lightsaber department but relies more on the Force.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nai
If that went undisputed, then just because nobody wanted to dignify nonsense like that with a real reply...thumb up

Ziggystardust
Beni, I hope realise that you were the only one dignifying that nonsense, with a real reply...

click me

As for you Nai, well you all know about the art the of controversy. I'm at ease arguing extreme veiws against a certain crowd of people. But if you're going to be the opposition, I'll take the smart move of conceding it all right away...

Beniboybling
I was talking about your opinions in general friend, they are seldom worth the effort.

But yeah, we get it, you're attempting to imitate Nai but doing a much poorer job of it. thumb up

Jmanghan
Beni, I hope realise that you were the only one dignifying that nonsense, with a real reply...

click me

As for you Nai, well you all know about the art the of controversy. I'm at ease arguing extreme veiws against a certain crowd of people. But if you're going to be the opposition, I'll take the smart move of conceding it all right away... Nai casually destroys most except for Gideon and potentially Moose.

Though I've seen Beni and Ellimist give him some rounds.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I was talking about your opinions in general friend, they are seldom worth the effort.

Translation:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/38/96/96/389696c4c07a21e501fafaa9693408ae.jpg

Well of course I'd do a worse Job of being Nai, than Nai himself? That much is rather self explanatory.

Beniboybling
Translation:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/38/96/96/389696c4c07a21e501fafaa9693408ae.jpgEvidently the assumption that silence = concession is the only thing that keeps you going, keep it up friend, you're nothing if not good for some laughs.

Like this gem for example:Lmao.I said a much poorer job, which is my polite way of saying you're an embarrassment to his methods.

Ziggystardust
Well it's not really silence is it Beni... And I assume if you seem to have enough energy to bitterly insult another user for his arguments, then you have enough energy to refute them.

So we're still left with:

http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/RTd/gBz/RTdgBzjLc.gif

Beniboybling
Well it's not really silence is it Beni... And I assume if you seem to have enough energy to bitterly insult another user for his arguments, then you have enough energy to refute them.

So we're still left with:

http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/RTd/gBz/RTdgBzjLc.gif Laughing is a lot less strenuous that debating, actually. smile

Ziggystardust
Evidently.

Petrus
Tbh debating Star Wars shouldn't be strenuous at all.

Nephthys
Ayy LMAO, MagnaGuards have also challenged Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi among others. If you're going to mention their low showings, might as well include their high showings, no?

Besides, you can look at Ahsoka beating 3*(not even close to wrecking four, lmao), Nahdar murking two and Shaak fighting off dozens as good showings for them, rather than bad showings for the MagnaGuards.

And I'm pretty sure GG would've killed Nahdar Vebb if they kept fighting, tbh. That much is obvious.

If by challenged you mean they don't get instantly blitzed, then I guess. Magnaguards have a huge swing in their abilities depending on the model. So it's entirely plausible to focus on their low showings and suggest it was these shittier versions when a random Knight starts one-shotting them.

But like you said, Anakin and Obi-Wan have fought them without just instantly crushing them so obviously theres a significant variance in their ability between Vebb clowning them and fighting Skywalker. Also this was season 1 Clone Wars, lets not pretend the villains were portrayed as threatening at this point. Random dude blitzing MG's is par for the course.

I don't recall GG displaying any sort of advantage in the fight with Vebb before he cheats. And considering this was a weakened Grievous, I don't think you can call upon the rest of his history as evidence of his ability to win.

So your knowledge on Fisto comes from one or two incomplete Respect Threads? Good to know. thumb up

I don't think Whirlwind is online anymore on Vine, though, tbh.

You're welcome to supply the quotes yourself. If not though, I suggest you drop the issue.

Kenobi got nearly killed by Asajj after a brief exchange, as well. And she had been studying Fisto prior to the fight, and fought him while he was tired IIRC.

And nah, Satele hasn't done anything to suggest she'd wreck AotC Kenobi.

Hardly significant advantages. I'm pretty Fisto being tired is fanon as well. Either way, Kenobi obviously isn't that far beneath Fisto. It must have been pretty early in the CW if he almost got shat on by Ventress too.

I disagree.

Based on what would they be superior to Jedi-killing masters of all seven forms, that can adapt to nearly anything, and have bested Jedi in a time where the Jedi were at their peak?

And it's stated that those were the best MagnaGuards, handpicked to accompany Grievous in kidnapping the Chancellor.

The Force. And please, fodder Jedi in the PT era can't be compared to hardened Sith Warriors in the TOR era. Those Sith were in a decades long war against other lightsaber wielders, not shitty droids.

When did Fisto fight those ones?

carthage
She's probably slightly below or on par with Qui Gon, hard to say as she never is shown doing much after Fatal Alliace.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.