At what point does Anakin surpass Maul?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Anakin surpasses Maul by everything except possibly pain tolerance by RotS. So, at what point does he actually surpass Maul?

chingchangwalla
Tbh I reckon Maul had him through the whole of TCW but from then on idk

Darth Thor
Nah Anakin had him throughout TCW.

Maul was revived at the end of S4. Skywalker was already close to Dooku by then.

chingchangwalla
Yeah but he had the form advantage. Dooku was more skilful

Ziggystardust
TCW Dooku is a lessened version of his Legends self, Maul is certainly on level with him.

Darth Thor
Plus you know Kenobi and Maul were peers. Think Anakin and Dooku were above them both.

Darth Abonis
Anakin beat the Darth Maul hologram program as a teen in the Obi-Wan and Anakin comic, so I'd say by the beginning of TCW, he could beat at least TPM Maul. Idk about TWC reborn-Maul

Syndicate
Never.

ares834
AotC.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Syndicate
Never.

Hey Syn!

Do you have knives at home? If you do would you mind slicing your wrists with one of them? smile

Thank you in advance.

Syndicate
My mom doesn't let me play with the knives. sad

cs_zoltan
It's ok. If you do it right she won't be able to punish you.

Syndicate
:O Really?

How Mr. Zoltan?

cs_zoltan
You have to cut along your arm, not across.

http://images.uncyc.org/commons/thumb/f/fc/Cutterwrist.jpg/350px-Cutterwrist.jpg

Syndicate
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
You have to cut along your arm, not across.

http://images.uncyc.org/commons/thumb/f/fc/Cutterwrist.jpg/350px-Cutterwrist.jpg

Hmmm. I'm going to need a demonstration old buddy old pal. Without being able to copy the exact moves of a professional I feel I won't be able to carry out this action with any success.

cs_zoltan
That was so weak. You basically said you are too retarded to even kill yourself. That's a new low.

Syndicate
I told you I don't want my mom to yell at me for playing with the knives. sad I just want to make sure I do it right. So, what do you say Mr. Zoltan?

cs_zoltan
mmm

The answer is matricide.

Jmanghan
You guys have dark humour.

Wondering wtf is going in in the OTF, probably joking about pizza or some shit.

Imma go there, I think.

Yup.

DarthAnt66
laughing out loud

FreshestSlice
cz is definitely one of the best shit posters on KMC. Too bad he wastes his skills on the unworthy.

ILS
Originally posted by SunRazer
Anakin surpasses Maul by everything except possibly pain tolerance by RotS. So, at what point does he actually surpass Maul? Not sure if I'd even give Maul pain tolerance, given Vader's reaction to the Mustafar incident, which was "RAAAAAGHFHGH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAWWWB YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU"

As for when Anakin surpasses Maul, without accounting for any circumstances like emotions, rage amps, etc, I'd say either coming up to or just before RotS. Mid-late TCW I'd say it's either way, beginning of TCW I would give it to Maul slightly. Circa-AotC Anakin has no chance. TPM Anakin stomps though.

NTJack0
He isn't defeating TCW Anakin anytime soon.

Emperordmb
At some point in TCW after the character redesign in season 3 where many of the characters got updated appearances

Darth Thor
So I wonder how Marco is doing after Maul admitted his inferiority to Vader..

chingchangwalla
Tcw Anakin is overrated tbh, he isn't exactly shit though. In ROTS Anakin really started to hit his straps

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Darth Thor
So I wonder how Marco is doing after Maul admitted his inferiority to Vader..
By claiming Rebels Maul has declined to Savage level.

Saw it on CV

ILS
He has TPM Maul-Savage-Rebels on the same level.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

chingchangwalla
TPM Maul is still pretty damn good.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
TPM Maul is still pretty damn good.

Exactly. Erkan is being too lenient on Rebels Maul. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
TPM Maul is still pretty damn good. He is excellent. Crushing s Jedi master and skill wise easily beating Kenobi when he became mentally unbalanced.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Emperordmb
By claiming Rebels Maul has declined to Savage level.

Saw it on CV

Originally posted by ILS
He has TPM Maul-Savage-Rebels on the same level.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ah seen. So he'd prefer having Maul become weaker than accept Prime Vader > Prime Maul.

ILS
Pretty much.

Ziggystardust
It is honestly not so much of a stretch, to believe that Maul's combat skills have waned since The Clone Wars. It's only logical, and I don't see any valid allusions to why he might be more formidable than his younger self.

Darth Thor
^ Well what's he been doing for the last 15 years? He came back more powerful in TCW after spending 10 years in a straight jacket eating garbage.

But his training was so ingrained in him, that he got back to form quickly.

Now his Rage is stronger than ever after the Sith have killed both Mother Talzin and Savage Opress, but he's been searching for ways to overpower the Sith.

So it's actually a lot more logical for him to be even more powerful now tbh.

ILS
Yup thumb up

Beniboybling
It's the opposite of logical to assume his powers waned, yeah.

FreshestSlice
Characters I like aren't allowed to be weaker than anyone, tbh.

Zenwolf
How's that work if you like multiple characters?

Darth Thor
^ You make a list of your favourites. Your no.1 fav will be the most invincible in forum debates.

Zenwolf
But Freshest says any character he likes isn't allowed to be weaker than anyone, the other characters he likes would fall under those anyones? Thus there will always be a character who is weaker.

FreshestSlice
I only like one character.

Nephthys
Is it Bane?

FreshestSlice
Close.

Nephthys
Is it me?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Characters I like .

Hmm?

Characters..plural Freshest.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The only character he likes is Vader.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Hmm?

Characters..plural Freshest.
Anakin and Vader are two different people.

The_Tempest
And since Vader bent the knee, so too will you.

quanchi112
Vader sucks tbh.

The_Tempest
Maul was afraid of Vader tbh.

The_Tempest
In fact, Filoni flat out confirms that Maul was originally going to die at Vader's hands in the season 2 finale.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The_Tempest
In fact, Filoni flat out confirms that Maul was originally going to die at Vader's hands in the season 2 finale.

He did? Where?

quanchi112
Maul was afraid of Vader tbh. An older version without the backing of an empire. Palpatine tried to leave a fair one on one fight against Yoda tbh. He also begged Windu not to kill him to tbh. Pretty pathetic tbh.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Zenwolf
He did? Where?

Here.

Originally posted by quanchi112
An older version without the backing of an empire. Palpatine tried to leave a fair one on one fight against Yoda tbh. He also begged Windu not to kill him to tbh. Pretty pathetic tbh.

Maul threw himself at the "empire" without hesitation, taking on 3 Inquisitors. Vader was a different story entirely.

Calm down, quan. You said Vader sucks, I'm just reminding you that Maul was afraid of him and was apparently going to die at his hands. thumb up

quanchi112
Here.

Maul threw himself at the "empire" without hesitation, taking on 3 Inquisitors. Vader was a different story entirely.

Calm down, quan. You said Vader sucks, I'm just reminding you that Maul was afraid of him and was apparently going to die at his hands. thumb up Due to Maul facing inferior competition out of his prime. Would Jordan be smart if he challenged Lebron in his current state ?

I am calm. Maul is out of his prime just as Kenobi was when he let Vader best him. Vader hasn't even bested Maul. Maul didn't die. Maul is fine. Fear of death is what keeps us alive. Maybe Palpatine should have been afraid since Vader killed him. How ironic.

smile

Zenwolf
Huh interesting.

The_Tempest
Due to Maul facing inferior competition out of his prime. Would Jordan be smart if he challenged Lebron in his current state ?

No one's saying Maul isn't smart for avoiding Vader.

I am calm. Maul is out of his prime just as Kenobi was when he let Vader best him. Vader hasn't even bested Maul. Maul didn't die. Maul is fine. Fear of death is what keeps us alive. Maybe Palpatine should have been afraid since Vader killed him. How ironic.

smile

Nah, you're unloading a bunch of excuses for why Maul is afraid of Vader. I love Maul, Maul's great. No one's attacking Maul by saying he's afraid of Vader and that Vader would have killed him. They're just saying Vader's better.

quanchi112
No one's saying Maul isn't smart for avoiding Vader.

Nah, you're unloading a bunch of excuses for why Maul is afraid of Vader. I love Maul, Maul's great. No one's attacking Maul by saying he's afraid of Vader and that Vader would have killed him. They're just saying Vader's better. Well you're ignoring he's out of his prime. Maul at his best wouldn't avoid Vader.

I am using common sense. Vader isn't better. Vader was slower and not very maneuverable unlike a prime Maul. When it comes to emotions not many are weaker than "I can't wait to jump ship again when my emotions overcome me," Darth Vader.

The_Tempest
Well you're ignoring he's out of his prime. Maul at his best wouldn't avoid Vader.

What evidence is there that Maul's out of his prime? lol

I am using common sense. Vader isn't better. Vader was slower and not very maneuverable unlike a prime Maul. When it comes to emotions not many are weaker than "I can't wait to jump ship again when my emotions overcome me," Darth Vader.

lol

Vader handled Ahsoka, who's maneuverable and agile as hell, just fine. Vader also tried to kill Ahsoka without hesitation. That emotional weakness doesn't kick in until Luke comes along.

Vader's better.

quanchi112
What evidence is there that Maul's out of his prime? lol

lol

Vader handled Ahsoka, who's maneuverable and agile as hell, just fine. Vader also tried to kill Ahsoka without hesitation. That emotional weakness doesn't kick in until Luke comes along.

Vader's better. Other than age and common sense ? Do you feel Maul is at his best in rebels and his performance is comparable to his height at the end of clone wars ?

That doesn't make him more maneuverable than she is. It just means he overcame his former student. It's always been there just as he was always susceptible to corruption.

Maul's better. Vader benefited from being on the side of an empire against a weaker era than during the prequels.

Darth Thor
laughing out loud

Quanchi's butt hurt over Vader being > Maul is funny.

Poor Marco though. I think he'd be close to a heart attack if he read this conversation.

Trocity
Marco is awesome

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
laughing out loud

Quanchi's butt hurt over Vader being > Maul is funny.

Poor Marco though. I think he'd be close to a heart attack if he read this conversation. Vader isn't better than a prime Maul. Where on earth are you getting that from ?

Just because Vader killed a Kenobi(let's forget about the fact he let him) out of his prime doesn't mean he beats Kenobi in his prime. This is simple logic. If Lebron james beats Jordan today does that mean he beats him at his best.

Logic ftw.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
Marco is awesome Who is Marco ?

ILS
If Maul is confirmed to be legitimately afraid to even face Vader, then I'll be impressed. We're talking about the guy who readily throws himself into the mix with Palpatine and Windu (well, not so much Palpatine until SoD).

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ILS
If Maul is confirmed to be legitimately afraid to even face Vader, then I'll be impressed. We're talking about the guy who readily throws himself into the mix with Palpatine and Windu (well, not so much Palpatine until SoD).

I think that's only stated through Maul's line in Rebels. Maul being afraid wasn't specifically confirmed by Filoni. Filoni's just confirmed Maul would die to Vader if/when he fights him, which Maul seems to know himself.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by ILS

I doubt he'd do that as of Rebels, though. Dude won't readily throw himself into the mix with Kanan and Ahsoka, forget Palpatine.

SunRazer
Maul only threw himself into the mix with Palpatine when he had Talzin's support. He still turned out to be an afterthought in the contest of the two above, anyway.

And he was scared shitless when Palpatine turned up on Mandalore, despite having Savage by his side. He's pretty much always been in awe/fear of Sheev, tbh. But then again, so was Vader.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SunRazer
Maul only threw himself into the mix with Palpatine when he had Talzin's support. He still turned out to be an afterthought in the contest of the two above, anyway.

And he was scared shitless when Palpatine turned up on Mandalore, despite having Savage by his side. He's pretty much always been in awe/fear of Sheev, tbh. But then again, so was Vader. He wasn't ready for Sheev then and he also knew Palpatine was a lot more powerful. Later on he didn't have the same fear/awe/respect for Palpatine. Unlike Dooku he fought back and didn't just die like Dooku.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I doubt he'd do that as of Rebels, though. Dude won't readily throw himself into the mix with Kanan and Ahsoka, forget Palpatine. He threw his lightsaber into Kanan's face. confused

cs_zoltan
With all the new information on Maul how does this change?

Ursumeles
TPM Anakin is already >>>>>>>>>>> Maul. Based on powerscaling, as Anakin was a fetus, or earlier.

Rebel95
TCW

TenebrousWay
The day he was born.

UCanShootMyNova
Late TCW.

Ziggystardust
Possible parity during attack of the clones in Legends. He's already on this level during the TCW movie in Canon.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ILS
If Maul is confirmed to be legitimately afraid to even face Vader, then I'll be impressed. We're talking about the guy who readily throws himself into the mix with Palpatine and Windu (well, not so much Palpatine until SoD). Coward.

relentless1
shortly after TPM laughing out loud

juggernaut74
Originally posted by relentless1
shortly after TPM laughing out loud Yep.

Fated Xtasy
From the day he was born.

Ziggystardust
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149056/5005710-anakin+solos.png

Surtur
I'd say the most likely answer is that he surpassed Maul sometime during the Clone Wars.

Anakin's power levels are weird because in Ep 3 we see Obi Wan get easily owned by Dooku and Anakin ends up killing Dooku by himself after only a couple of minutes. Yet obviously when Anakin and Obi Wan fight Anakin loses. There is even the part where they each try to do a force push and they seem to stalemate each other. I found this odd, because just a force push wouldn't be about skill, but raw power. Which Anakin is supposed to have more raw power than Obi Wan. When Anakin began tapping into the darkside at the end his powers should have been at a level beyond what they were at the beginning when he killed Dooku.

Kurk
Originally posted by Surtur
I'd say the most likely answer is that he surpassed Maul sometime during the Clone Wars.

Anakin's power levels are weird because in Ep 3 we see Obi Wan get easily owned by Dooku and Anakin ends up killing Dooku by himself after only a couple of minutes. Yet obviously when Anakin and Obi Wan fight Anakin loses. There is even the part where they each try to do a force push and they seem to stalemate each other. I found this odd, because just a force push wouldn't be about skill, but raw power. Which Anakin is supposed to have more raw power than Obi Wan. When Anakin began tapping into the darkside at the end his powers should have been at a level beyond what they were at the beginning when he killed Dooku. Not necessarily. You have to be refined in TK as well. Remember when Anakin force pushed Dooku in TCW movie and he just tanked it and returned the push back successfully? Technically Anakin should win with more raw power but Dooku was much more refined.

Surtur
Originally posted by Kurk
Not necessarily. You have to be refined in TK as well. Remember when Anakin force pushed Dooku in TCW movie and he just tanked it and returned the push back successfully? Technically Anakin should win with more raw power but Dooku was much more refined.

I suppose that is true. I just feel like that was an opportunity to showcase Anakin was truly the more powerful one. Since I think some people were confused as to why Obi Wan was able to last much longer against Anakin than Dooku could.

I feel like if the fight had taken place on a planet that didn't have all this lava and there were no environmental obstacles to speak of..Anakin would have most certainly killed Obi Wan.

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
shortly after TPM laughing out loud Idiocy. Shame Vader ended up like this with years of practice and increased power to Kenobi his inferior master.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/21d12f4068f71234191e383aee8fab7d/tumblr_mw0mufjB7a1qdeqbpo1_500.gif

Surtur
If I was Palpatine I would have just kicked Anakin's body into the lava.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.