King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Director- Guy Ritchie

Stars- Charlie Hunnam as King Arthur, Jude Law, Djimon Hounsou, Aidan Gillen

6rbPTQIdjmY

Dreampanther
Guy Ritchie - nuff said. Take my money!

jaden101
Looks fackin triffic mait

quanchi112
Definitely check this out.

Mindset
Looks good

Flyattractor
meh.. This Epic Field of Battle Movie has been done to death. And this one looks like its taking itself to seriously. This can wait for RedBox

Mindset
Originally posted by Flyattractor
meh.. This Epic Field of Battle Movie has been done to death. And this one looks like its taking itself to seriously. This can wait for RedBox What?

This is the opposite of talking itself seriously, it's a Guy Ritchie movie.

Did you watch the trailer?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Mindset
What?

This is the opposite of talking itself seriously, it's a Guy Ritchie movie.

Did you watch the trailer?

Yes. I did watch it. And it is a case of them not taking the Story Seriously but taking THEMSELVES way to seriously.

Kind of like how Nu Dr Who is diff from Classic Dr Who.

smokin'

BruceSkywalker
not a Charlie Hunnam fan but will wait to see another trailer

Lord Lucien
It's good to see Roose and Baelish working so closely together. "The Pendragons send their regards."

Ascendancy
I'm game

Kazenji
jIM4-HLtUM0

quanchi112
Hope this pans out as I'd love another successful fantasy franchise.

TheVaultDweller
Not totally convinced by the trailers, but I generally like Guy Ritchie films, so will give this a watch.

riv6672
^^^Same.

Robtard
Looks like an all around fun movie, will def watch in the theater.

Patient_Leech
I don't think I've ever hated a Guy Ritchie movie, but he uses a lot of cuts and hyperactive filming if I remember correctly, so not necessarily the kind of thing I like to see on the Big Screen, so I'll probably hold off.

Robtard
He's a good director, I've liked to greatly enjoyed every film of his I've seen, which is all but two I think. Swept Away (2002) and Suspect.

Surtur
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I don't think I've ever hated a Guy Ritchie movie, but he uses a lot of cuts and hyperactive filming if I remember correctly, so not necessarily the kind of thing I like to see on the Big Screen, so I'll probably hold off.

I'm still waiting for the 3rd Sherlock to come out.

*waits*

BruceSkywalker
will watch after the second or third week this is out

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will watch after the second or third week this is out

Why?

jaden101
So this is getting destroyed in reviews but I found it pretty good. Some very talented British actors in it like Neil Maskell and Geoff Bell as well as GoT regulars like Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger) and Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton). David Beckham is predictably terrible for his whole 30 seconds. It's downsides are that ALL its women characters are dire and some of its CGI is poorly done.

Kazenji
So its worth checking out despite the reviews?

ares834
I still plan to see it. I usually like Guy Ritchie films. Plus it's fantasy.

Patient_Leech
This is a "might catch on the small screen at some point." Definitely not theater fare for me.

Robtard
Yeah, not expecting a deep profound story and Oscar worthy acting out of this, I'll watch something like Fences for that. I'm hoping for some decent action mixed in with humor and some nice visuals.

Khazra Reborn
Looks kinda gay TBH. I'm not really into Ritche's big budget shit, I prefer his British gangster films.

Robtard
Is that Kraven the Hunter in your sig? Cos it looks strikingly like an 80's pre-full-blown-AIDS Freddy Mercury, if he were done as s comic

http://cdn-04.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/article31471742.ece/926a9/AUTOCROP/w620h342/freddie.JPG

Khazra Reborn
Show some respect for Grand Regent Thragg.

Robtard
Mercury's one of the world's greatest singers, so that wasn't an insult

Khazra Reborn
True enough.

Kazenji
kPFuwdxtTmA

riv6672
Looks more like he should be wanting to challenge John Matrix to a fight.

BruceSkywalker
Why?

by then it will be on cable tv

Zack M
I hear this movie is boring.

Kazenji
Go watch it then and find out yourself.

roughrider

I have the same opinion of Ritchie, that his films are all style and no substance. Matthew Vaughn produced his early films, and has proven to be a better filmmaker.

TheVaultDweller
This movie was okay. Not great. Not terrible. I did find Arthur + Excalibur to be a bit hax and overpowered though. Seriously, why even bother having knights, or an army, when he alone can solo like 50 guys in the space of a few seconds, and with minimal effort at that.

mehedi067
movie is good

Dreampanther
I REALLY enjoyed this. Unconventional story-telling, lots of action and humour, good actors, fantastic soundtrack. The special effects do get a little bit distracting but this was the first time in a while that I sat at the end of a 2-hour movie and wished it was longer. 8/10.

I'm not sure I would have enjoyed it as much in the theater. As some may have noted, it's a bit short on substance while overloaded on style. It's a perfect at-home movie, though, especially if you have a good entertainment setup, because basically it's one long kick-ass music video.

It reminded me a bit of Stephen Chow's Kung Fu Hustle at times, which is a compliment since I LOVE that movie.

Esau Cairn
Yeah I really enjoyed this too!

Although it felt pretty tame for a Guy Ritchie movie it was till very entertaining.

The blend of fantasy into the mix was balanced well & never once did it feel out of place or forced.

The only thing I found distracting was casting Aiden Gillen (GoT).
It was difficult to accept him in a good guy role.

Robtard
Rather enjoyed this. Decent fantasy flick and I liked that Ritchie put in his trademark quick and witty dialogue exchanges. Nothing like Snatch or Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, but I didn't go in expecting that.

Speaking of the director, he's supposedly working on Sherlock Holmes 3. Do hope so.

Patient_Leech
Well, shit. I may have to pop this in sometime...

Sable
This movie didn't get enough credit, it was a good movie.

marwash22
you can always tell who the illegal movie downloaders are by when they bump a thread.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by marwash22
you can always tell who the illegal movie downloaders are by when they bump a thread.

You know, so you must be one yourself.

It's also at cheap theaters around this time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.