Where to rank Darth Malgus?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla

Jmanghan
In saber ability, I'd put him somewhere in my top ten.

chingchangwalla
Of all time?

Syndicate
Dooku/Bane/Mace tier.

carthage
Banes not in Mace's or Dooku's tier lmao

Syndicate
You're right, he might be a bit above that level but for roundings sake...

carthage
No he's substantially below them

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Syndicate
Dooku/Bane/Mace tier.

Syndicate
Originally posted by carthage
No he's substantially below them

laughing out loud

NewGuy01
Bane's obviously the most comparable figure to Malgus because of their similarities in both style and power. But that begs the question, where to rank Bane? You'll get a lot of different answers on that one depending on who you ask... So really this thread is bound to prove somewhat unhelpful. It's best to come to your own conclusions based on your interpretation of his accomplishments and how they compare to the accomplishments of others; it's not like he's lacking in material, after all.

Jmanghan
When I first joined, people had Bane ranked... HIGH....

Like, above Mace and some shit.

NewGuy01
Well, we've taken care of that for the most part. thumb up

Syndicate
When did you join? Bane has been fodder tier in the minds of KMC for years now.

NewGuy01
I arrived a few months ~ a year before the "anti-Bane" movement started. Bane certainly wasn't considered "fodder tier" until at the very least mid-2014...

EDIT: Just checked, Jman joined about 9 months after I did, so yeah--support for Bane should still have been fairly high back then. Shit really didn't hit the fan for Bane until Carthage joined, really.

Rebel95
Yeah, around Dooku/Mace

Syndicate
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I arrived a few months ~ a year before the "anti-Bane" movement started. Bane certainly wasn't considered "fodder tier" until at the very least mid-2014, though...

Emp told me it started around the time he came to the forums. *Shrug* wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't completely factual.

NewGuy01
Emp told me it started around the time he came to the forums. *Shrug* wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't completely factual.

Actually, he's probably not wrong. Carthage and DMB joined within a couple weeks of each other IIRC, and although there was already an anti-Bane movement amiss by then, it was Carthage who really put the nail in the old baldy's coffin.

Syndicate
Do you really buy into all the Bane hate yourself? I mean obviously rating Bane at Caedus level is a little much...

*clears throat*

But around Obi Wan level?

carthage
You tools are really deviating from the OP

chingchangwalla
Yeh Bane cops it on here, he is genuinely powerful...

Syndicate
Originally posted by carthage
You tools are really deviating from the OP

I already answered your question you damn goober.

carthage
I didn't make the OP you blundering fool

Syndicate
Then why the hell do you care what we talk about in this thread?

carthage
Because you're breaking the forum rules and I won't stand for it

Syndicate
Go ahead and report me fuggot. smile

carthage
Now homophobic language, wow we have a Mini Time Immemorial now

Syndicate
He is my father.

NewGuy01
Do you really buy into all the Bane hate yourself?

That's hardly a fair question, but I'll bite anyway. Yes, I do buy into "the Bane hate" in the sense that in the overwhelming majority of situations, I tend to agree with the criticisms people have of Bane's supporters and their arguments. That being said, I can't say I approve of the implicit accusation that I must be biased against Bane as a character for answering in the affirmative.

Syndicate
That's hardly a fair question, but I'll bite anyway. Yes, I do buy into "the Bane hate" in the sense that in the overwhelming majority of situations, I tend to agree with the criticisms people have of Bane's supporters and their arguments. That being said, I can't say I approve of the implicit accusation that I must be biased against Bane as a character for answering in the affirmative.

Fuggot. smile

NewGuy01
<insert misspelled retort here>

DarthAnt66
<insert misspelled retort here>
<sasukedc's life>

NewGuy01
No comment.

Syndicate
Heh.

SunRazer
Malgus is not on the same level of dueling skill as Dooku or Mace.

Nephthys
Why not?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
Why not?

Syndicate
I think he approaches them and has parity with Mace personally though I do think Dooku is a level above.

Deronn_solo
Hard to say, really. He isn't a top 10 Sith, that's for sure.

Beniboybling
I think he approaches them and has parity with Mace personally though I do think Dooku is a level above. Christ.

Deronn_solo
You don't expect much from Syndi, do you Beni?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Darth Malgus is Maul/Dooku level.

ILS
kek

Nihl level

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nihl is Maul level

ILS
Maul is Sidious+ according to that Disney game and cut content

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So Malgus~Nihl~Maul~Sidious

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nihl is Maul level
:/

Nai
In terms of combat skill he is very close to the top, if one believes the words of Sidious in the "Book of Sith" that his feats on the battlefield were never replicated.

However, as Sidious also notes: He is, before everything else, a fighter. There is always the possiblity, that superior force users will take him out with their force abilities rather fast. The only certain thing is, that he's superior to the vanilla KotoR protagonists.

I'm rather sure he's superior to Maul. I'm not so sure that he could take the likes of Dooku, though.

Ziggystardust
Malgus would beat Disney-Dooku .

Legends Dooku however, could probably win.

Nephthys
I think Malgus could take Dooku. Theres no way in hell Dooku could replicate his False Emperor showings.

chingchangwalla
Dooku's weakness at going head to head against power duelists is suicide against big Gus...

Nai
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Dooku's weakness at going head to head against power duelists is suicide against big Gus...

Apparently, somebody has read the RotS novelization too often.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/08/Dookuepisodeiii.jpg

Dooku blocking Anakin and Obi-Wan at once using one hand.

http://pm1.narvii.com/6062/63caff69f6b3d07d6cbe5606fd2631dcab3967ee_hq.jpg

And again...

Not that he even needs to "parry" anything if he can easily dodge Ventress and Savage combined, Anakin and Obi-Wan combined, three Nightsisters (including Ventress), while being blinded. And I can't even list all the instances in which he dominated Anakin Skywalker in duels.

Even if there was such a weakness (which is actually a stretch, if one understands how Dooku's style works: mainly by redirecting strength), Dooku could easily compensate with duelling skill and Force abilities.

The real question here is, how one ranks Malgus in the latter department.

Beniboybling
Nai making an argument for a PT character? Incredible. smile

cs_zoltan
Dooku was amped and Kenobi + Anakin was weakened because of the imbalance in the force tho. Malgus would beat Yoda under such circumstances thumb up

Beniboybling
https://i.imgur.com/f7FdEdG.jpg

Nai
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nai making an argument for a PT character? Incredible. smile

Pff. Maybe you shouldn't believe certain individuals, when they talk bullshit about my opinions. Example: Yoda > Exar Kun, anybody?

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Dooku was amped and Kenobi + Anakin was weakened because of the imbalance in the force tho. Malgus would beat Yoda under such circumstances thumb up

Possible. If there was any method to quantify that amp, we could make an argument in that regard. Until then, it would probably be better, to view characters with the power of respective eras and circumstances being given to them, instead of introducing more variables into an already insoluble equation.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nai
Pff. Maybe you shouldn't believe certain individuals, when they talk bullshit about my opinions. Example: Yoda > Exar Kun, anybody?So it's been a entire decade since you last made an argument for the PT? That's... impressive. smile

But no, nobody remembers shit that happened in 2006, nobody who isn't senile. smile

Syndicate
Wow. History in the making.

Beniboybling
Amirite? This shit should be recorded for posterity. It will be another decade before we see this happen again.

Nai
Originally posted by Beniboybling
So it's been a entire decade since you last made an argument for the PT? That's... impressive. smile

Not a year, was what you wanted to say, I suppose.

Then, maybe, people shouldn't talk shit about stuff that happened before they joined the forum and form their opinions based on it. D'uh.

Syndicate
Boom! Roasted!

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Stfu. smile

Syndicate
Boom... Toasted... sad

Rebel95
Malgus is more powerful than Dooku but a less refined duelist. I'd say they're pretty equal overall.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Rebel95
Malgus is more powerful than Dooku but a less refined duelist. I'd say they're pretty equal overall.

Accurate, actually. Although being the Dooku wanker that I am, I think dueling wise Dooku has a decent advantage over Malgus.

But i am forced to admit Malgus is more powerful.

Jmanghan
A'Sharad Hett level.

Lost to Kenobi, so yeh.

About that.

The Merchant
TPM Maul tier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.