Putting a stop to DOXing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Releasing someone's personal information without their consent over the internet is a crime.

I was just on reddit and saw that some guy named Naratto had gotten DOXed for a joke he had made, are we serious?

Is that what humanity has come to?

Ruining someone's life?

krisblaze
^This is exactly the reason why internet outrage is never taken seriously.

Because links the decline of humanity to some fairly petty and meaningless shit.

Jmanghan
Ignoring the rest of the stuff I had, DOXing and Swatting is a serious problem.

krisblaze
Serious compared to what?

It's makes less of an impact on society than paper cuts.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by krisblaze

I disagree. Doxxing and Swatting can lead to job loss, harassment, and even bodily harm in case of Swatting.

krisblaze
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I disagree. Doxxing and Swatting can lead to job loss, harassment, and even bodily harm in case of Swatting.
Paper cuts can lead to death.

Surtur
All it takes is one nutjob to do something truly awful with your personal info..like trying to stab your face off.

Surely you guys have heard of incidents where people murder over FB posts, right?

ArtificialGlory
Paper cuts can lead to death.
Swatting is probably a million times more likely to lead to death than a paper cut.

Flyattractor
So if I put it out there that J-man is an Australian that makes me a Criminal!?

Ooops!!

Surtur
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Swatting is probably a million times more likely to lead to death than a paper cut.

Just shows why my cat is so terrified of a rolled up newspaper.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Flyattractor
So if I put it out there that J-man is an Australian that makes me a Criminal!?

Ooops!!

I'm not though.

No, its when you gave out their full name, where they work, and their address.

walshy
Why didn't you make this thread on reddit

Jmanghan
Originally posted by walshy
Why didn't you make this thread on reddit Reddit sucks.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Is that what humanity has come to?

Ruining someone's life? What like... recently?

StiltmanFTW
^This is exactly the reason why internet outrage is never taken seriously.

Because links the decline of humanity to some fairly petty and meaningless shit.

thumb up

Surtur
But again people have been murdered over FB posts so do the whole "don't take internet outrage serious" at your own peril.

I mean you probably aren't going to die as a result of internet outrage, but holy shit what an embarrassing way to go if you did.

Like if I was giving a eulogy for a good friend who died via internet outrage I'd just lie and be all "this man was killed by tigers infected with rabies".

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Surtur
But again people have been murdered over FB posts so do the whole "don't take internet outrage serious" at your own peril.

People have been murdered for much less than that, too. Go out and enjoy life... at your own peril stick out tongue

I mean you probably aren't going to die as a result of internet outrage, but holy shit what an embarrassing way to go if you did.

Indeed it is, lol.

Like if I was giving a eulogy for a good friend who died via internet outrage I'd just lie and be all "this man was killed by tigers infected with rabies".

laughing

Zombie tigers from the outer space infected with rabies thumb up

cdtm

Photos of people in public spaces for mockery/bullying is probably worse. Because it usually happens in the same community, instead of by shut-in's around the world you'll never meet..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.