NEO as a program?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Man_Childe
Is it possible that Neo is a program? I think I remember that the Architect said that Neo needed to reinsert his code into the mainframe or something like that ( I wish I had paid more attention ). I think I am on the verge of understanding the plot but I can't quite take that first step over the threshold. Anyone care to help?

Swedenborg
I am not sure myself...

But it seemed like everything/everyone were programs (including Neo.) Unless the Oracle is not telling the truth.

Man_Childe
It would seem to make sense. If one of the ships released an EMP early, and we assume that it was Smith/Bane who actually EMPed, like Neo did to stop the sentinals. Then they share simularities. I think Neo as a program fits better than Smith/Bane as a human because Neo said he could feel the sentinals. He also new that a sentinal out of apparent visual range was preparing to lob a bomb at the Nebachanezzer. But that brings up a question of why do they have this EMP power and apparent supernormal abilities in the "real world" if it is indeed real.

Swedenborg
I think the answer to the question about Neo's supernormal abilities in the "real world" will be revealed in Revolutions...

Anyway, this is debated in another thread (something about there being more than one matrix or not).

Man_Childe
The Neo Human/Program thing?

Swedenborg
But I like the notion that everyone is a program smile (or part of a bigger program) wink

Can't wait to see the resolution.

Swedenborg
Well, I think it's connected somehow?

If Neo and everything are programs, they are all part of the Matrix? That is, since everyone is part of the Matrix, it serves little purpose to talk about a "real" world (outside the Matrix).

They would not be able to escape the Matrix?

Man_Childe
Interesting, I think I shall go participate in this other thread then.

Swedenborg
Hehe smile

alaba
i think they are just trying to confuse us by making us think he's a program..neo is far too real. what i feel is his predecessors where programs and it is thought by the architect that he's just a program but in actual fact, he is real and even the architect doesnt know it. morpheous is acting on faith, likewise trinity but the others do think he's a program. the only true believer is, i think, mr smith!

alaba
anyone noticed that neo got the spoon from the little potential from the first movie? any significance other than just trying to encourage neo?

evilelvis

alaba
nice ....evilelvis

abraomas
Matrix: format ;p

evilelvis
wot? ^

jimbo3
The point is evilelvis... That if the real world is another computer reality then Neo could be a program that can switch from one reality to the other. I doubt that Neo is a program though.

evilelvis
if u mean that reality is another computer genarated world then who else could be a program? trinaty perhaps, ghost or niobi and even morphius. I hesitate to believe that the two brothers who made the film would make it that stupid, cos after all the last thing they want to do is make it to complex after the 2nd instalment.

jimbo3
I agree, It would make it more complex, but...
A lot of people think that there is a matrix inside a matrix, which makes it possible for Neo to be a program.
If the 'real world' is real then he can't be a program.
The people are divided on this.
I don't think he is a program.

evilelvis
good call.

abraomas
This matrix i a in other matrix next movie....

evilelvis
please elaborate ^

Swedenborg
Of course, couldn't miss it... Well, at this juncture, can not see any purpose other than as a reminder/encouragement (a token that they've broken away from the matrix)...

But there probably is a deeper meaning!

abraomas
neo not program his love a trinity - program can't love

evilelvis
u feelin ok? ^

Mithrandir
perhaps neo is a program that keeps hopes up for the doomed zion inhabitants, giving them a false sense of choice on the war with the machines, when there is no choice to begin with.

omgiluvdamatrix
I find the whole topic confusing really.
Maybe he is a program, maybe he isn't.
Where's the evidence either way?

Swedenborg
For someone like me, who likes the idea of many matrices, it could support the theory they are still in (some form) of "fake" reality...

It'd be like the potential tried to remind Neo that there still is no spoon.

We'll see in the next movie wink

Swedenborg
I don't know if there's any solid evidence either way, as it stands...

It'll probably become clear after the 3rd movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.