Could Kanan Jarrus legitimately beat Maul?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
He lost to Kanan in Season 2, lost to TPM Kenobi prior to that, is Maul's level of technical skill overrated or does he just get pigheaded sometime? In Season 3 we see Maul engages Kanan/Ezra at a duel at some point. Given Kanan's growth in the force, what is the likelihood of Maul being defeated for the 3rd time by a lesser skilled duelist?

Zenwolf
He didn't lose to TPM Obi-Wan tbh. Or at least not in the dueling sense.

chingchangwalla
Filoni obviously hates Maul. He probably gets cut down by Ezra :/

Darth Thor
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Filoni obviously hates Maul.

Yep, that's the only explanation.

After all his bulls*** interviews about how the GI would just run from Kenobi and go to Vader for help, and he let's dat s*** happen to Kenobi's peer.

Originally posted by chingchangwalla
He probably gets cut down by Ezra :/

I remember the guys on Collider Jedi Council were discussing the other week if it will be Kanan or Ezra who takes Maul down for good this season sad

Deronn_solo
laughing out loud

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
laughing out loud

Ziggystardust
I'm still thinking Maul's combat abilities have waned in Rebels.

FreshestSlice
http://i.imgur.com/SGb8xDz.png

Syndicate
thumb up

Darth Abonis
Kanan just had better footwork than Maul and knocked him off balance

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Kanan just had better footwork than Maul and knocked him off balance

Which basically means Kanan outfought Maul.

Jmanghan
No.

Not even close.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Which basically means Kanan outfought Maul.

Its canon that Maul's skill with a saber has diminished over the years.

FreshestSlice
No it isn't.

chingchangwalla
So Kanan = Obi-Wan? Kanan > Grievous
Kanan > ROTS Enraged Anakin?

chingchangwalla
Confirmed

Darth Thor
^ No. But he can beat Maul according to fu**ing Filoni, whose gone and made that canon.

DarthDuelist9
Freddie has already said that Kanan only defeated Maul because "the Force took over" and garanteed that under normal circumstances Kanan can't defeat Maul. Case closed.

ILS
Kanan is turning into the master of plot armor tbh.

Instead of finding a creative way to write him as the losing party in a battle that is totally lopsided, "da Force"

Darth Thor
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Freddie has already said that Kanan only defeated Maul because "the Force took over" and garanteed that under normal circumstances Kanan can't defeat Maul. Case closed.

Yeah.. Freddie said..

Great thumb up

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah.. Freddie said..

Great thumb up

You know the guy who voices him and has better knowledge about the character (and what happens with the character) then you and any other fan on this forum. Not to mention that the voice actors have some creative freedom about their characters as said by Filoni during SW Celebration 2016 and the canonical confirmation Maul's the strongest member of the group in Twilight of the Apprentice, so yeah that you're choosing to be ignorant about this is not my problem.

Darth Thor
^ Try learning to bring actual evidence to a debate. Until then you're not even worth my time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.