Where to rank Exar Kun?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla
Gonna keep doing these, they make for good discussion

NewGuy01
Somewhere between Sha'agi and Abeloth, IMO.

carthage
Greater than 5 DoE Banes

Beniboybling
Three tiers beneath wherever AP has him.

Trocity
Above Dooku, below Revan/Vader.

Deronn_solo
Top 8 Sith for sure, a case could be made for top 5 --- not that I agree with it, however.

AncientPower
On par with Revan and Krayt, above Vader and Caedus, below Plagueis. Any lower and you're essentially dismissing all his feats, which makes you an ignoramus.

Deronn_solo
laughing out loud

Beniboybling
Originally posted by AncientPower
On par with Revan and Krayt, above Vader and Caedus, below Plagueis. Any lower and you're essentially dismissing all his feats, which makes you an ignoramus. Around Malgus level then.

AncientPower
Beni, go back to Ahsoka wanking, you've lost this debate so many times, I've even seen my replies to you quoted on CV, which speaks volumes.

As for you, Solo, I've made the other argumrnt before anf you had no reply for it, so let us not waste time.

carthage
Definitely beneath Malgus

Deronn_solo
Honestly, I completely forgot about it, and when I remembered your post was literally dozens of pages back.

I have like, more than of the half the post countered on Google docs right now, KEK.

AncientPower
@MrInferiority, So you've gotten so poor, you're seriously using another's poor attempt at bait to try and obtain a reaction, thus relevancy... do you have any standards?

AncientPower
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Honestly, I completely forgot about it, and when I remembered your post was literally dozens of pages back.

I have like, more than of the half the post countered on Google docs right now, KEK.

How exceedingly convenient, though I mean, you did reply and then stopped after my rebuttal.

But please, I'd love to know how 10 months of advancements, is going to somehow surpass the huge empowerment that they all gained from each other, creating a power far beyond anything they could've imagined doing by themselves.

Syndicate
Between Vader and Sidious.

The_Tempest
How exceedingly convenient, though I mean, you did reply and then stopped after my rebuttal.

But please, I'd love to know how 10 months of advancements, is going to somehow surpass the huge empowerment that they all gained from each other, creating a power far beyond anything they could've imagined doing by themselves.

You make it sound as though power creep in Star Wars has ever been logical lol. It's entirely possible that in 10 months those trainees were vastly more advanced.

DarthAnt66
On par with Revan and Krayt, above Vader and Caedus, below Plagueis
That's where I have him.

Deronn_solo

I can bump the thread and finish post my rebuttal tomorrow, of you don't believe me, kek.

Also. 'cause Star Wars? The same way Vader went from being a "shell of himself" in ANH, to being "far more formidable" in ESB, and reading the pinnacle of his power in RotJ - as Vader, or Anakin.

The same way Anakin became "far more powerful" from TCW S5, to RoTS, like, a 2 month span. Or how Galen Marek, went from losing to Vader on a consistent basis, and struggling with Proxy, and Kota - to actually besting him, by the end of the game, again, in a span of time, not even close to approaching a year. There is countless more examples like this, tbh.

Ziggystardust
I believe Nai wrote a beautifully crafted piece to why Exar is above ROTS Sidious a year ago, and as it seems, the imperial Gaurd weren't able to dispute the matter - full thread . You can find Tempest left a little less tenacious, and instead, whimpering : here

Since then, I have been convinced that Exar Kun would be able to beat Sidious, and until someone revives the thread with the sole purpose of refuting every single one of Nai's points, that's where he stands.

Trocity
Kun couldn't even best a tree. He's not beating Sheev.

carthage
Back off man, he can choke senators

Trocity
True. He also crushed the head of the chancellor of his era, didn't he? Chancellor Palpatine is f***ed.

Deronn_solo
Wait, scratch that Vader point - I just realized 3 years past between Hope and Empire. The rest of my post still stands, tho.

Ziggystardust
It's rather funny, you can also find Carthage's real opinions on Kun's 'power-level' in that thread too (before trolling AP became vouge) : thread

Originally posted by carthage
Kun's canonically more powerful than any of the Jedi or Sith of his era (including Sadow, Nadd, Hord, Ragnos, Sorzus Syn, Karness Muur, Marka Ragnos), most of those Sith distance Dooku in power themselves. They're not even close.

Obviously Kun dies, but suggesting he's as powerful as Dooku is nuts.

and welcome back

Ziggystardust
Not that trolling AP is without it's merits, some people do bring this stuff on themselves.

Fated Xtasy
Dooku level as a duelist sub Vader level as a Force ussr

carthage
AP single handedly destroyed my opinion of the character by lying about feats and using false sources.

Ziggystardust
Yes, I believe her efforts were in vain.

The Merchant
AbovePalpatine+

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by The Merchant
AbovePalpatine+

http://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/consider-suicide-captcha-fail.jpg

Rebel95
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Dooku level as a duelist sub Vader level as a Force ussr
thumb up
I have him between Dooku and Vader overall. Closer to Vader though.

chingchangwalla
Closer to Sidious than Vader IMO but he's not going to beat Sheev.

AncientPower
Originally posted by carthage
AP single handedly destroyed my opinion of the character by lying about feats and using false sources.

Lmfao, stop pretending you're doing anything but trolling.

As far as Solo goes, ten months of advancement, where there is no hint in Darksaber of anything actually having occurred, besides Dorsk 81 stopped being a chicken shit. You're claiming that they massively increased in power despite no evidence to support it.

You're just theorising, which is absolutely irrelevant in the face of the fact that they were described as having collectively unlocked a power far greater than anything they could have even comprehended, when facing Exar Kun in a meld.

Deronn_solo
Besides the fact, that they had far greater feats in DarkSaber than they did in any source before? Besides the fact, that they were factually not through with their training, and had yet to be knighted? erm

As I said before - it doesn't really matter. What Starkiller did in utterly crushing a horde of reasonably powerful clones with a single TK surge, is just as impressive, if not more so.

Vader was his equal, before becoming "far more formidable" in ESB, and further advanced that power by RotJ.

The Merchant
AP I want to undeestand a bit regarding Kun>Jedi meld group. Are you trying to say Kun scales from that groups feat of TKing a fleet of Star destroyers? Not trying to be condenscending I just want to clearly understand your argument regarding that.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Besides the fact, that they had far greater feats in DarkSaber than they did in any source before? Besides the fact, that they were factually not through with their training, and had yet to be knighted? erm

As I said before - it doesn't really matter. What Starkiller did in utterly crushing a horde of reasonably powerful clones with a single TK surge, is just as impressive, if not more so.

Vader was his equal, before becoming "far more formidable" in ESB, and further advanced that power by RotJ.

By any source before, do you mean the whole of no books with their appearance since JA? Darksaber is their first major appearance since the trilogy.

Why do you insist they aren't done with their training, when they get knighted by Luke, who states they are near masters of all the teachings he has to give, just days after Kun's defeat?

A crowd of unprepared clones, all of whom are busy fighting each other, is certainly not as impressive as a prepared, focused and melded team of Kam Solusar, Streen, Brakiss, Cilghal, Kirana Ti, Tionne Solusar, Dorsk 81, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, Luke's spirit and Vodo's spirit.

Nor is the difference between ESB Vader and ROTJ Vader, anywhere near as large as the difference between an exhausted shade of Exar Kun with no sources of energy and the prime Exar Kun weilding an amulet.

AncientPower
Originally posted by The Merchant
AP I want to undeestand a bit regarding Kun>Jedi meld group. Are you trying to say Kun scales from that groups feat of TKing a fleet of Star destroyers? Not trying to be condenscending I just want to clearly understand your argument regarding that.

Nah, Dorsk 81 amped by a temple and weilding the power of thirty knights would be even more powerful than that. But that isn't really relevant to the point.

DarthAnt66
AP, I think you would have more success with the Kun Brigade if you focus more on how he handled Nadd, Keto, and Urr.

The Merchant
Kun is top 10 in all honesty probs top 5. Pre ROTS he was the strongest tho

Deronn_solo
By any source before, do you mean the whole of no books with their appearance since JA? Darksaber is their first major appearance since the trilogy.

Why do you insist they aren't done with their training, when they get knighted by Luke, who states they are near masters of all the teachings he has to give, just days after Kun's defeat?

A crowd of unprepared clones, all of whom are busy fighting each other, is certainly not as impressive as a prepared, focused and melded team of Kam Solusar, Streen, Brakiss, Cilghal, Kirana Ti, Tionne Solusar, Dorsk 81, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, Luke's spirit and Vodo's spirit.

Nor is the difference between ESB Vader and ROTJ Vader, anywhere near as large as the difference between an exhausted shade of Exar Kun with no sources of energy and the prime Exar Kun weilding an amulet.

I mean they had the entire JA trilogy, as was as a re-telling of the events of the story in I, Jedi, tbf. Did they show anything close to what was shown in Darksaber in the feat department?

Hmm, my bad, then. Fair enough on that front.

Don't see how those clones were "unprepared" when they were fighting, KEK. Intrinsic Force shields are pretty much automatic, and given they were in combat, their guard should have generally been up for direct, or stray telekentic attacks. Granted, they would have prolly survived had they had time to throw up shields a la Kas'im v Bane, but given they were Galen clones, possessing the all the attributes of the original, to a lesser, and some to an even greater extent --- it's still monstrous in spite, if they did, or didn't.

Maybe not, but the combative growth between Vader as of TFU, and RotJ was astronomical regardless according to sources.

AncientPower
In those re-tellings we know Kun's spiritual hold on the world was permanently weakened by Horn's destruction of one of the temples. Which only furthers the point that this incarnation of Exar Kun is far less powerful than the Exar Kun we're using in this thread.

thumb up

Nah, it states they were all confused and attacking each other randomly or just standing around, they clearly weren't prepared for any major telekinetic wave. It's obviously very impressive, but not compared to legit choking a group of melded Jedi of this caliber. Who were all prepared in an ambush and focused on facing Kun.

That's fine, but given how completely different the circumstances for Kun are here, the argument writes itself.

AncientPower
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
AP, I think you would have more success with the Kun Brigade if you focus more on how he handled Nadd, Keto, and Urr.

ILS and Skillz already wank that, but there is a certain delectable irony in watching the pro-Vader club scramble for TK feats now that Kun has two massive ones.

Nai
Read me.

The problem with "ranking" character is, that every poster here has a different ranking system of all other characters.

If you ask me, Kun is most certainly one of the top 10 Sith in the entire mythos. One can bump him even higher than that, when talking about combat (as in versus threads) based on showings, implications and outright hype.

For example: If one accepts the "feats" commonly attributed to the like of Tulak Hord and then accepts the idea that Kun is his superior, the guy should be a nigh unstoppable force on every battlefield and give virtually every other character in the mythos something to chew on.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Nai
Read me.

The problem with "ranking" character is, that every poster here has a different ranking system of all other characters.

If you ask me, Kun is most certainly one of the top 10 Sith in the entire mythos. One can bump him even higher than that, when talking about combat (as in versus threads) based on showings, implications and outright hype.

For example: If one accepts the "feats" commonly attributed to the like of Tulak Hord and then accepts the idea that Kun is his superior, the guy should be a nigh unstoppable force on every battlefield and give virtually every other character in the mythos something to chew on.

Intelect off the charts thumb up

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nai

thumb up @ both points.

Beniboybling
Beni, go back to Ahsoka wanking, you've lost this debate so many times, I've even seen my replies to you quoted on CV, which speaks volumes.So you have a fanclub now? That must be nice. smile

Wasn't aware folks on CV were intelligent enough to use Ctrl + Paste tho. mmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.