Surviving the full attention of Doomsday...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xpL8aUYEwI

In the above clip, Doomsday focuses his full attention upon Batman and (without Superman or Wonder Woman intervening on his behalf) Batman is not only able to evade 3 consecutive attacks by the monster, but is able to successfuly hide from him afterwards...

Now lets replace Batman with the following characters, and out of them, who would be able to survive 3 consecutive attack attempts from Doomsday and successfully evade him afterwards?

1) Black Widow...
2) Daredevil (Netflix)...
3) Winter Soldier...
4) Captain America...
5) Quicksilver (MCU)...
6) Spiderman (MCU)...
7) Darth Vader...
8) Gamora...

This is not a poll or gauntlet btw; this is simply a question of who off of this list could survive against Doomsday on a level equal to or greater than Batman...

carthage
Cap has a shot with his shield, and Vader survived the explosion of a massive temple in Season 2 Rebels so they have the most shot of surviving

Khazra Reborn
3-7 all do it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
3-7 all do it.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
3-7 all do it.

How does Gamora do it?

Her combat speed is slow compared to what Doomsday has shown and she doesnt have tech like Batman to get her out of a jam really fast or to mask her escape...

I think the same thing applies to Winter Soldier; Doomsday clearly moves faster than he does...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by carthage
Cap has a shot with his shield, and Vader survived the explosion of a massive temple in Season 2 Rebels so they have the most shot of surviving

I agree with you about Cap; his shield should be able to withstand Doomsday's heat vision... thumb up

Not so sure about Vader though; he does have that great showing of durability, but on the flip side, we are talking about someone (Doomsday) who can hurt Superman with brute force...

relentless1
3 to 6 can do it, the rest are toast

carthage
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I agree with you about Cap; his shield should be able to withstand Doomsday's heat vision... thumb up

Not so sure about Vader though; he does have that great showing of durability, but on the flip side, we are talking about someone (Doomsday) who can hurt Superman with brute force...

Vader survived the explosion of the Sith temple on Malachor in the season 2 finale of Rebels , an entire Pyramid more or less via the force.

He should be capable of deflecting his heat vision with barrier.

Silent Master
All of them.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Silent Master
All of them.

I see you are on time for your morning troll of my thread...

You drink coffee and troll my threads to get yourself going in the morning...don't you?

wink

Stigma
I'd say 3-7 survive.

Don't know about DD (well, haven't watch netflix DD yet.) Gamora probably won't survive, BW probably also not, hmm.

FrothByte
DD can probably survive as long as he has his billy club and there's enough cover.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, DD's new billy club gives him a lot more mobility, considering he can use it like a grappling hook/wire to swing around etc. Plus, he's fast enough to flip over machine gun fire, dodge/deflect things like shurikens etc., and even catch an arrow fired at the back of his head. Matt's about as fast and agile as they could make him without becoming blatantly superhuman in those areas (Well, superhuman by comic standards. No real life human could do some of the things he does).

FrothByte
To be honest, all of these contenders should easily be able to replicate Batman's feat as long as they have some form of grappling tool. Quicksilver doesn't need it since he's fast enough to evade Doomsday on his own speed. Spiderman obviously has his web slinging. Cap is fast and agile enough plus has his indestructible shield. DD has his billy club.

The problem now is BW, Vader and Gamora. IIRC, BW used grappling lines multiple times in the movies. As long as she has some form of quick and easy grappling lines available she should be able to do it. I can't see Gamora pulling it off, not without gadgets. My knowledge of Darth Vader is limited to just the movies. Anakin Skywalker from EP II and III might just be able to pull it off by combination of speed, agility and force precog. Darth Vader however seemed pretty slow in comparison. But like I said, that's just pure movies. I don't know about the cartoons.

ares834
5, 6, and 8.

Cap and Vader may survive as well.

FrothByte
Originally posted by ares834
5, 6, and 8.

Cap and Vader may survive as well.

How does Gamora survive?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
The problem now is BW, Vader and Gamora. IIRC, BW used grappling lines multiple times in the movies. As long as she has some form of quick and easy grappling lines available she should be able to do it. I can't see Gamora pulling it off, not without gadgets. My knowledge of Darth Vader is limited to just the movies. Anakin Skywalker from EP II and III might just be able to pull it off by combination of speed, agility and force precog. Darth Vader however seemed pretty slow in comparison. But like I said, that's just pure movies. I don't know about the cartoons.

If Batman can do it, pre-suit Vader, at the very least, is definitely fast, agile and acrobatic enough to pull it off, IMO, especially if you throw in Force Precog. I don't really know about full-suit Vader. Not going purely by the movies. But, like you, I am not particularly up-to-date on all his Rebels feats (and whatever friggin comics are canon to the movieverse nowadays), so I can't really comment there.

relentless1
nowhere in the OPs stips does it say that these guys get Batmans grapple hook so we have to assume that they have to dodge Doomsday via their own methods, if thats the case then id have to say that only DD, Spidey, Cap and Quicksilver would survive tbh

TheLordofMurder
Thanks for the responses guys... thumb up

IMHO, I think most of the characters here fail and will be killed by Doomsday...

The incredible speed of Batman's tech was the only thing that allowed Batman to evade the first two attacks, and only a combination of Batman's smoke grenade, the distance between Doomsday and Batman, and Batman's athletic ability allowed him to evade the final attack before Bat's was able to hide...

I havent seen any grappling device utilized by Black Widow or Daredevil that functions as quickly as Batman's (and even Batman's tech was barely fast enough...

As for eveyone on this list not named Spiderman or Quicksilver, Doomsday has superior combat speed to everyone else...

Add all of that up, and the only characters I definitely see surviving is Cap (because of his shield), Spiderman (his agility and webbing is more than enough), Quicksilver (I firmly believe he is fast enough to evade Doomsday)...

Vader may be able to do it; he does have excellent feats during Rebels, but I'm not sold on it (Doomsday does hit really hard and is really powerful)...

Everyone else is dead as far as I can see...

He is superior to Winter Soldier in everyway and that includes combat speed and agility, nor does Winter Soldier have escape tech...

And Gamora has zero chance as far as I can see...

FrothByte
Thanks for the responses guys... thumb up

IMHO, I think most of the characters here fail and will be killed by Doomsday...

The incredible speed of Batman's tech was the only thing that allowed Batman to evade the first two attacks, and only a combination of Batman's smoke grenade, the distance between Doomsday and Batman, and Batman's athletic ability allowed him to evade the final attack before Bat's was able to hide...

I havent seen any grappling device utilized by Black Widow or Daredevil that functions as quickly as Batman's (and even Batman's tech was barely fast enough...

As for eveyone on this list not named Spiderman or Quicksilver, Doomsday has superior combat speed to everyone else...

Add all of that up, and the only characters I definitely see surviving is Cap (because of his shield), Spiderman (his agility and webbing is more than enough), Quicksilver (I firmly believe he is fast enough to evade Doomsday)...

Vader may be able to do it; he does have excellent feats during Rebels, but I'm not sold on it (Doomsday does hit really hard and is really powerful)...

Everyone else is dead as far as I can see...

He is superior to Winter Soldier in everyway and that includes combat speed and agility, nor does Winter Soldier have escape tech...

And Gamora has zero chance as far as I can see...

DD's billy club may not be as advanced as Batman's grappling gun but DD himself is more agile and quicker than Batman. DD doesn't need to replicate the exact same actions of Bats, he could do his own thingas long as he survives 3 attacks.

Khazra Reborn
How does Gamora do it?

Her combat speed is slow compared to what Doomsday has shown and she doesnt have tech like Batman to get her out of a jam really fast or to mask her escape...

I think the same thing applies to Winter Soldier; Doomsday clearly moves faster than he does...

Gamora is number 8, I said 3-7.

KuRuPT Thanosi
DD is vastly more agile than Batman, if Batman could DD can do it even easier.

tkitna
Originally posted by Silent Master
All of them.

This. If Batman with that slow ass armor dodged 3 attacks, then it shouldnt be much of a problem for the rest of them.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by FrothByte
DD's billy club may not be as advanced as Batman's grappling gun but DD himself is more agile and quicker than Batman. DD doesn't need to replicate the exact same actions of Bats, he could do his own thingas long as he survives 3 attacks.

Here's the point, Batman did not evade Doomsday with physical ability alone; he used tech every single time...

In other words, Batman's tech basically save Batman; it had very little to do with his natural athleticism...

With Daredevil vs Doomsday, Doomsday is far, far, faster than Daredevil, and Daredevil cant lean on his tech to save himself like Batman could...

Daredevil wont be able to flip and dodge attacks from someone so much faster than himself without really good tech aiding him...

The tech DD has doesn't seem to be up to the task...

TheLordofMurder
Gamora is number 8, I said 3-7.

You're right...

Somehow I read you saying 3-8...

My apologies...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
DD is vastly more agile than Batman, if Batman could DD can do it even easier.

Read my response to Froth...

Batman's agility had very little to do with him evading Doomsday; Batman's tech basically saved him...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by tkitna
This. If Batman with that slow ass armor dodged 3 attacks, then it shouldnt be much of a problem for the rest of them.

Watch the clip again in the OP and read my response to Froth; Batman's tech saved him...

Most of the others lack tech that good and are far slower than Doomsday on top of that...

FrothByte
Here's the point, Batman did not evade Doomsday with physical ability alone; he used tech every single time...

In other words, Batman's tech basically save Batman; it had very little to do with his natural athleticism...

With Daredevil vs Doomsday, Doomsday is far, far, faster than Daredevil, and Daredevil cant lean on his tech to save himself like Batman could...

Daredevil wont be able to flip and dodge attacks from someone so much faster than himself without really good tech aiding him...

The tech DD has doesn't seem to be up to the task...

You're assuming that everyone needs to evade Doomsday the same way Bats did.

DD doesn't need to rely on tech that much because he's more physically capable than Batman. Doomsday might be faster but he's not quicker. There's a difference.

I'm not saying DD can easily avoid Doomsday. Just saying it's possibe if he has his billy club.

tkitna
Watch the clip again in the OP and read my response to Froth; Batman's tech saved him...

Most of the others lack tech that good and are far slower than Doomsday on top of that...

I see. I was taking into account that everybody had the same stuff available to them. Basing it off of ability and not the tech.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.