How should Maul die?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla
In a comic? In Rebels? In a novel? Killed by Kanan? Ezra? Someone else?

NewGuy01
In Rebels, by Vader.

Syndicate
By Kanan's hand. It's the only real option left to him now.

Darth Abonis
Onscreen, in either this season of Rebels or the next. I don't like what they did to him as a character and he needs to go. As for who kills him, it should be Kanan, since Maul blinded him

Zenwolf
Prob in Rebels, I can't imagine they'd killed him off in some comic that a vast majority of people wouldn't read. As for who...eh we'll see.

carthage
Getting slaughtered by Vader

chingchangwalla
So Kanan is like the new Kenobi? sad

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by NewGuy01
In Rebels, by Vader.

chingchangwalla
It would be an injustice for Maul to get killed by Vader though. For Maul's story to end at the hand of someone he has no relations to is cruel

Flyattractor
Old Age.

Rebel95
In Rebels, by Vader.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
It would be an injustice for Maul to get killed by Vader though. For Maul's story to end at the hand of someone he has no relations to is cruel

Anakin passionately hated Maul for killing Qui-Gon. Maul probably passionately hates Vader either for being his replacement or being a Sith in general at this point.

Or something. I don't care.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/757/498/89c.gif

ares834
Ezra.

chingchangwalla
It makes more sense for Sidious killing though :/ I want him to **** Maul up bad

Zenwolf
Speaking of, did Sidious ever explain what plans he had for Maul when Sidious captured/tortured him?

cs_zoltan
Drawing out mother dear.

Zenwolf
Ah, makes sense, guess I missed that.

Jmanghan
In Rebels, by Vader.

Darth Thor
In Rebels, by Vader.

thumb up

Originally posted by ares834
Ezra.

Screw you dude. Screw you.

Jmanghan
Or...

If Ben Kenobi shows up in Rebels...

carthage
Honestly Mauk is so inept Ezra probably has a shot, especially since he'll get. Power increase.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Or...

If Ben Kenobi shows up in Rebels...

As much as I'd like more Kenobi I doubt he would leave Tatooine. His job was to look over Luke.

Trocity
Anakin passionately hated Maul for killing Qui-Gon. Maul probably passionately hates Vader either for being his replacement or being a Sith in general at this point.

Or something. I don't care.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/757/498/89c.gif

Exactly. It just has to happen.

quanchi112
If anyone doesn't think Maul and Vader will cross paths they are crazy stupid (Darth Thor level moron).

Syndicate
Quan, you do believe that Vader will defeat Maul if/when they meet, right?

I mean, putting aside your belief that Maul is Vader's better, you understand that the way Disney is portraying Vader and the way Filoni wants the fight to go down Vader will win, right?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Syndicate
Quan, you do believe that Vader will defeat Maul if/when they meet, right?

I mean, putting aside your belief that Maul is Vader's better, you understand that the way Disney is portraying Vader and the way Filoni wants the fight to go down Vader will win, right? Probably in the same manner in which Kenobi cut Maul in half. Maul has the advantage and gets too confident. I know Vader can't die. Or that someone else comes to his aid.

Rebel95
What could possibly make you think that when Maul himself said he can't defeat Vader alone?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rebel95
What could possibly make you think that when Maul himself said he can't defeat Vader alone? It is just a statement. If Lebron says I can't beat the Warriors then goes onto do so then what ? What matters is what occurs should these two clash not opinions beforehand.

Rebel95
Lol ok

quanchi112
Lol ok Glad you agree.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
As much as I'd like more Kenobi I doubt he would leave Tatooine. His job was to look over Luke. But what if the Rebels show up, Maul follows them and shit.

Its a possibility.

chingchangwalla
Peak Maul would beat mid-level Vader but he isn't going to defeat peak Vader (could push him if bloodlusted)
Is this rubbish or reasonable? (Excludes you Zoltan)

Darth Thor
Given Filoni outright said Maul was supposed to die to Vader in the S2 finale (which would have been a big part of the plot), I think there's a good bet that's how Maul will go down.

And that's how Maul Should go down, given that's how Dooku went down, taken out by the superior Sith apprentice (to be), and it would also mean the Chosen One has killed all the movie Sith giving more credence to his title.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Given Filoni outright said Maul was supposed to die to Vader in the S2 finale (which would have been a big part of the plot), I think there's a good bet that's how Maul will go down.

And that's how Maul Should go down, given that's how Dooku went down, taken out by the superior Sith apprentice (to be), and it would also mean the Chosen One has killed all the movie Sith giving more credence to his title. Maul is past his prime so quit comparing Jordan past his prime to current day Lebron. Maul at his physical prime would slice and dice Vader. How they almost wrote it isn't how they wrote it. It's like using Maul force overpowering Sidious since they actually created the earliest stages of the animation. Doesn't mean it ever saw the light of day. Quit trolling just because you're obsessed with Vader the guy you clicked out of battlezoning against Kelvin Khan.

Petrus
Ezra or Vader.

Beniboybling
I wouldn't actually mind Ezra (or Kanan) killing Maul, as long as its not in combat. If he dies in combat though it has the be Vader.

Or the spirit of Ahsoka. smile

Petrus
I'd be glad if either Vader stomps him or if Ezra, all powered-up and shit, beat him in a great fight. I wouldn't go with Kanan, though.

And Ahsoka might actually be alive, no? smile

Dark-Kenshin
1 v. 1 with Ezra

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Petrus
I'd be glad if either Vader stomps him or if Ezra, all powered-up and shit, beat him in a great fight. I wouldn't go with Kanan, though.

And Ahsoka might actually be alive, no? smile Nah, if Ezra kills him it should be an stab in the back or something. Maul's biggest weakness is his overconfidence, much like it was arguably with Palpatine. So it would be a fitting end if he died in a similar way. It would also be a symbolic act of redemption for Ezra if he eventually turned.

And yeah, she'll probably come back even wiser, stronger, and kick Maul's ass. smile

Petrus
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nah, if Ezra kills him it should be an stab in the back or something. Maul's biggest weakness is his overconfidence, much like it was arguably with Palpatine. So it would be a fitting end if he died in a similar way. It would also be a symbolic act of redemption for Ezra if he eventually turned.

And yeah, she'll probably come back even wiser, stronger, and kick Maul's ass. smile

Who knows, maybe Ezra improves exponentially in S3. He's already not bad in S2. And Maul's overconfidence, yeah, much like it was against TPM Kenobi. smile smile smile

I'd like it if Maul turned Ezra dark for a while, and then Kanan ended up redeeming him. But I'd also like a Vader vs. Maul with Vader kicking the shit out of him, so I don't know.

Beniboybling
Well Vader vs Maul is pure fan service. If its done right, OK, but if its shoe-horned into the story no thanks.

Petrus
Well Vader vs Maul is pure fan service. If its done right, OK, but if its shoe-horned into the story no thanks.

I think it's more likely to be done right than wrong. It's probably not that hard to place that encounter correctly into the story of the series.

But the thing I love about Rebels is the appearance of REX. I love that guy.

quanchi112
Who knows, maybe Ezra improves exponentially in S3. He's already not bad in S2. And Maul's overconfidence, yeah, much like it was against TPM Kenobi. smile smile smile

I'd like it if Maul turned Ezra dark for a while, and then Kanan ended up redeeming him. But I'd also like a Vader vs. Maul with Vader kicking the shit out of him, so I don't know. You Vader fans make me ****ing sick.

quanchi112
Well Vader vs Maul is pure fan service. If its done right, OK, but if its shoe-horned into the story no thanks. Star Wars is pure fan service. They want to please the fans and it isn't that hard to dream up a scenario in which the two cross paths.

ILS
Maul is basically a comedy act for people who don't like him at this point, yeah. That said if he was actually written well he could have been a truly compelling villain. A deathmatch between him and Vader would be nice.

Petrus
Originally posted by quanchi112
You Vader fans make me ****ing sick.

lel, I'm not even a true Vader fan, I simply would like to see this fight with Vader emerging victorious.

quanchi112
lel, I'm not even a true Vader fan, I simply would like to see this fight with Vader emerging victorious. He isn't going to best Maul without help or without Maul doing the overconfident Kenobi TPM thing.

Petrus
Originally posted by quanchi112
He isn't going to best Maul without help or without Maul doing the overconfident Kenobi TPM thing.

Vader isn't going to best Maul without help? You got it wrong, it's the other way around. Even by Maul's own admission he can't take on Vader... confused

Darth Thor
Quanchi's in complete denial over Maul admitting his inferiority to Vader.

That said, Vader vs Maul is more than just fan service. It's the fitting end for Maul.

Unfortunately Filoni's showing the character no respect at all saying Maul will be the main recurring dark side villain for S3, because it's too difficult to justify how they would survive against Vader.

So by the sounds of it, there's a pretty disrespectful fate lined up for Maul.

Beniboybling
Yeah I reckon he'll get mauled by Star Wars wolves in representation of Dave's hatred for him. smile

Nephthys
I hope Sabine kills him and become the new Mandalore.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys

That would be great tbh.

Nephthys
I know right, absolutely humiliating.

playa1258
Killed by Vader.

quanchi112
Vader isn't going to best Maul without help? You got it wrong, it's the other way around. Even by Maul's own admission he can't take on Vader... confused We shall see then. What characters say isn't a fact until it comes to pass. Plus he's out of his prime so Vader fans better hope he can beat an out of prime Maul on his own because I'll be waiting when he doesn't.

quanchi112

That said, Vader vs Maul is more than just fan service. It's the fitting end for Maul.

Unfortunately Filoni's showing the character no respect at all saying Maul will be the main recurring dark side villain for S3, because it's too difficult to justify how they would survive against Vader.

So by the sounds of it, there's a pretty disrespectful fate lined up for Maul. When I am right I'll be expecting an apology from you, dumb troll.

Rebel95

thumb up

quanchi112
thumb up We will see who is right.

ares834
All I know is that Maul better stay out of Chopper's cross hairs.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Nephthys

That would be awesome!

Alternatively they could rip-off that comic (which is basically all Disney "canon" does) and have Maul go after Luke only to be shot in the back by Owen Lars.

Ezra beating Maul would be good too. It would give him some cred. Plus it'd be funny as heck.

quanchi112
Maul should live into the First Order era. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.