Who do you want to be president?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
If the election was held today, who would you vote for? Vote in the poll, obvs.

NewGuy01
Well, compensating for TI, it looks like a 4-way tie thusfar.

Syndicate
Tell me a little about Jill Stein and Gary Johnson please.

NewGuy01
Jill Stein is Bernie Sanders but less likable.

Gary Johnson is that #420blaze ****er that climbed Mt. Everest with a broken leg.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Syndicate
Tell me a little about Jill Stein and Gary Johnson please. Jill Stein is basically a female Bernie Sanders for the Green Party; Gary Johnson is a Libertarian that is socially liberal and fiscally conservative. You should watch the third-party debates from 2012 to get a better picture.

Syndicate
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Jill Stein is basically a female Bernie Sanders for the Green Party; Gary Johnson is a Libertarian that is socially liberal and fiscally conservative. You should watch the third-party debates from 2012 to get a better picture.

Is Jill Stein really like Bernie Sanders?

|King Joker|
Yes.

NewGuy01
Policy-wise, they're very similar.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Syndicate
Is Jill Stein really like Bernie Sanders?

Yes she wants free everything without a means to pay for it

Syndicate
smile

|King Joker|
Sas, are you a Gary Johnson guy? smile

Sin I AM
I just dont get their angle. I understand assistance. Everyone needs assistance from time to time. But nothing is free. Not to mention the teachers and staff at universities that would suffer

CosmicComet
I'm for Gary Johnson.

I identify most closely to libertarians and Gary makes the most sense in his points.

I will donate to the Johnson cause, and put that sign out on my front yard.

Also, Gary Johnson is the most bad ass of the 4.

Lord Lucien
I sexually identify as Gary Johnson.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Yes she wants free everything without a means to pay for it

And she is an anti-vaccination, pro-homeopathy loon.

Flyattractor
...hmm I don't see "None of these A-holes" as a choice?

I don't feel represented by this poll....

krisblaze
I just dont get their angle. I understand assistance. Everyone needs assistance from time to time. But nothing is free. Not to mention the teachers and staff at universities that would suffer

Its about more equitable ways of paying.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by krisblaze
Its about more equitable ways of paying.

Please explain kris

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
And she is an anti-vaccination, pro-homeopathy loon. If you're getting that from her Reddit AMA, not once does she tell people not to get vaccinations, and even points out the good things vaccinations have done. Her entire point was how the corporate influence in the drug companies makes people cautious when it comes to vaccines, and how corporate influence should be purged from the drug companies. As for homeopathy, she said she wants unbiased review boards to determine the authenticity of it.

Also, how the **** did Trump get 11 votes in like 8 hours? Socks, or are there a lot of legitimate Trump supporters I'm unaware of?

Beniboybling
I would vote for you Joker. smile

Surtur
I'd sooner vote for Skynet than Hilary. Skynet probably has great email security protocols. Those protocols were "nuke every hacker on Earth".

I suppose if I absolutely had to vote and it could only be from those on the poll then I'd go with Trump.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I would vote for you Joker. smile Likewise. smile smile

Surtur
It's funny because at first I thought this person meant the comic character Joker and I thought to myself "Hmm, compared to these other people running? This choice is legit".

Wait a second that actually isn't funny it's depressing.

Amanda234
Clinton. Definitely not Trump.

Nuke Nixon
None of the above, we should have violent revolution and take back the country from those criminal scum, burn it all to the ground.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
None of the above, we should have violent revolution and take back the country from those criminal scum, burn it all to the ground.

I agree with this statement.....Leave the Military out of it. Just CIVILIANS VS CIVILIANS!

.....cause my side is the one that has all da guns....

smokin'

Sin I AM
I think the military should perform a coup a take over

Surtur
Originally posted by Amanda234
Clinton.

Even after her numerous lies and twisting of facts?

Newjak
Originally posted by Surtur
Even after her numerous lies and twisting of facts? Not any worse then Trump and at least her policies seem reasonable in comparison to Trump's build a wall, ban muslims from entering the country, and deport every illegal immigrant approach.

She is a career politician that hasn't done anything worse than previous ones. In fact talk about emails and Benghazi all you want. You don't need to go back any further than Bush to see the exact same things happening by that group of Republican politicians.

I hate saying one president really makes that much of a difference but the sheer stupidity of Trump's proposals and lack of forethought scares me.

MS Warehouse
She's more than a career politician. She's a pandering, lying, bigoted poliitcian. So i guess like most politicians. Wait until the debates. Also i want to see more of the substance that is continuously coming out of the wikileaks release.

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
She's more than a career politician. She's a pandering, lying, bigoted politcian. So i guess like most politicians. Wait until the debates. Also i want to see more of the substance that is continuously coming out of the wikileaks release.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Newjak
Not any worse then Trump and at least her policies seem reasonable in comparison to Trump's build a wall, ban muslims from entering the country, and deport every illegal immigrant approach.

She is a career politician that hasn't done anything worse than previous ones. In fact talk about emails and Benghazi all you want. You don't need to go back any further than Bush to see the exact same things happening by that group of Republican politicians.

I hate saying one president really makes that much of a difference but the sheer stupidity of Trump's proposals and lack of forethought scares me.

This

Lucius
Lex Luthor.

brexit
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
None of the above, we should have violent revolution and take back the country from those criminal scum, burn it all to the ground. thats exactly why you should vote for Trump. He is not a friedman sachs puppet.

Surtur
Not any worse then Trump and at least her policies seem reasonable in comparison to Trump's build a wall, ban muslims from entering the country, and deport every illegal immigrant approach.

He won't actually be able to build a wall though, or deport everyone. He only wants muslims that can't be vetted to not be allowed.

She is a liar, a manipulator, etc. so she isn't any better than Trump. She wants to let all the illegals stay, which isn't any better.

You should see the problem when your only defense is "well she's not any worse than Trump" right? I never said Trump doesn't say stupid shit, but Hilary just flat out lies so much and yet people still try to act like she is superior because she has been in politics for a long time. It just makes it funny because people used to complain Trump could get away with anything, he doesn't hold a candle to Hilary.

The email thing I care about isn't her stupidity involving just..well, being too stupid to follow protocol. It's the leaked emails that bug me, which show us exactly what these people think of the voters and how utterly slimey they are. Then go read the fact checking article about her "epic" speech that some in the media are still praising. That is how zombified people have become regarding her.

MS Warehouse
Yea but he says stupid shit when he's ahead. I mean the Muslim parents of a fallen soldiers are allowed to be wrong when they say he hasn't read the constitution, or that he wants to ban all Muslims (he doesn't only the illegal ones which does not apply to their family). But at the end of the day, soldiers, fallen soldiers and their parents are off limits, no matter what. I think what he said about Khan's wife not speaking was taken out of context or interpreted the way the left interprets things but you say NOTHING to or about those people. You either keep your mouth shut, or thank them and their son for his service, and move on. The family was emotional and made lots of false statements but it's understandable and again, off limits. The more he talks, the more I'm considering not voting at all.

Surtur
People love to either take him out of context, take jokes he says seriously, essentially anything to turn attention away from Hilary.

Also these people willingly stepped out and essentially called Trump out. I think he has the right to respond.

I also just think there is a problem with the country when anyone is granted some kind of "immunity" to stuff like this. You can't say stuff back because their kid is a dead soldier? Well they probably shouldn't of called him out using their kid as a blunt instrument to hammer away at Trump.

They used the memory of their dead son and some buzz phrases in order to try to make Trump look bad.

snowdragon

You have the view of the media all over your post. Cut and paste half truths on some subjects, blind eyes to important facts.

Whats scary is folks that believe its a binary decision and justify their place with well once again half truths and a blind eyes to reality to whats in front of you.

MS Warehouse
People love to either take him out of context, take jokes he says seriously, essentially anything to turn attention away from Hilary.

Also these people willingly stepped out and essentially called Trump out. I think he has the right to respond.

I also just think there is a problem with the country when anyone is granted some kind of "immunity" to stuff like this. You can't say stuff back because their kid is a dead soldier? Well they probably shouldn't of called him out using their kid as a blunt instrument to hammer away at Trump.

They used the memory of their dead son and some buzz phrases in order to try to make Trump look bad.

A simple fact check would show people most of their statements were false. I don't think they were using the memory of their dead son to push any agenda as it didn't reflect in any polls. You could look at the hurt in their faces which is tough to deny. Still though I don't care if you're left or right, to me soldiers and/or their parents are off limits.

Surtur
It just scares me people think Hilary is the lesser of two evils. Partly because it's wrong and partly because it just shows how good she is at making fools out of people. The problem is Trump is loud about it, easy to notice his faults. With Hilary you have to actually do at least a little digging.

Surtur
A simple fact check would show people most of their statements were false. I don't think they were using the memory of their dead son to push any agenda as it didn't reflect in any polls. You could look at the hurt in their faces which is tough to deny. Still though I don't care if you're left or right, to me soldiers and/or their parents are off limits.

Well I would think if people would want them to be off limits they probably shouldn't be using them to chastise someone running for president. If something shouldn't be talked about then it shouldn't be talked about by anyone.

MS Warehouse
It just scares me people think Hilary is the lesser of two evils. Partly because it's wrong and partly because it just shows how good she is at making fools out of people. The problem is Trump is loud about it, easy to notice his faults. With Hilary you have to actually do at least a little digging.

You don't have to do much digging to point out Hilary's flaws or failures. However, Trump would have had this whole thing in the bag if he had either stopped talking months ago, or come up with more rational policies for his presidency. And even if I think Trump is the lesser of two evils (I still do), he really pisses me off when he messes with the troops and their families. I know he has done a LOT for current troops and VA and that's one of his positives, but this Khan thing is unnerving.

Their emotional outbursts are understood, even lacking validity. In this case Trump HAS to be the bigger man and either not acknowledge them or apologize.

Surtur
I think Trump needs to sit down and set the record straight on a few issues, clear some things up. Use examples of when he's been taken out of context by the media or Hilary.

brexit
The media is against Trump. He released that fake phone call scandal just to prove Megyn Kelly would find the only other person who would have known about it to make him look stupid. In fact, it's pathetic how much news comedians etc. are still going.

Meanwhile, Hillary ran a campaign against someone who was trying to lose just for more donations (that she and Bernie received) with the entire party backing her, countless corporations that Obama also received funding from and even google is on her side!

Trump is going to build a wall with a train on it, Mexico is going to pay for it. taxes will be cut and jobs will be created.

BELIEVE IT!

MS Warehouse
I think Trump needs to sit down and set the record straight on a few issues, clear some things up. Use examples of when he's been taken out of context by the media or Hilary.

I think that's what everyone wants from him. I doubt he's going to do it but he'll have no choice come debate time.

Surtur
I'm just still amazed at all the stuff Hilary got wrong in her speech because I would of thought they would have fact checkers of their own to verify the stuff she was saying.

MS Warehouse
I'm just still amazed at all the stuff Hilary got wrong in her speech because I would of thought they would have fact checkers of their own to verify the stuff she was saying.

She's a walking contradiction. I wasn't surprised at all.

Newjak
He won't actually be able to build a wall though, or deport everyone. He only wants muslims that can't be vetted to not be allowed.

She is a liar, a manipulator, etc. so she isn't any better than Trump. She wants to let all the illegals stay, which isn't any better.

You should see the problem when your only defense is "well she's not any worse than Trump" right? I never said Trump doesn't say stupid shit, but Hilary just flat out lies so much and yet people still try to act like she is superior because she has been in politics for a long time. It just makes it funny because people used to complain Trump could get away with anything, he doesn't hold a candle to Hilary.

The email thing I care about isn't her stupidity involving just..well, being too stupid to follow protocol. It's the leaked emails that bug me, which show us exactly what these people think of the voters and how utterly slimey they are. Then go read the fact checking article about her "epic" speech that some in the media are still praising. That is how zombified people have become regarding her. First of all Trump is still saying is going to build a wall and deport all illegal immigrants. Simply because he won't get it done doesn't make it any less stupid. And Trump had explicitly said he wanted to ban all muslims from entering the country. Which is so silly because of the amount of effort and power it would take for a country to do that.

Trump lies all the time on stage to his supporters. And I do think Hillary is better. First of all I do think she has been unnecessarily dragged through the mud on things like Benghazi and the emails.

Second, I do think she is smarter then Trump because her policies make some kind of sense and some of them could be good for America. Plus she already has foreign and diplomatic experience. Unlike Trump who just wants to act like a bully to other countries.

MS Warehouse
I don't think it was unfair. I also thought the wikileaks emails put the Democrats in a new light, which is to say they're no better than Republicans when it comes to bigotry, corruption and hypocrisy. Actually, worse since the Republicans got in line behind Trump. And the "experience" argument is the ONLY argument in favor of Hilary, which by itself isn't end all be all.

Sin I AM
First of all Trump is still saying is going to build a wall and deport all illegal immigrants. Simply because he won't get it done doesn't make it any less stupid. And Trump had explicitly said he wanted to ban all muslims from entering the country. Which is so silly because of the amount of effort and power it would take for a country to do that.

Trump lies all the time on stage to his supporters. And I do think Hillary is better. First of all I do think she has been unnecessarily dragged through the mud on things like Benghazi and the emails.

Second, I do think she is smarter then Trump because her policies make some kind of sense and some of them could be good for America. Plus she already has foreign and diplomatic experience. Unlike Trump who just wants to act like a bully to other countries.

You see his interview with Stephanopoulos? Hilarious

|King Joker|
You see his interview with Stephanopoulos? Hilarious Link?

Digi
I thought this might be a more conceptual question...like, who would you want to be President, but out of anyone? Imo, that's actually a much more interesting discussion. The "Who ya voting for?" questions tends not to produce terribly deep analysis. Most people already have a fairly ingrained sense of what they stand for on major political issues, and a history with one party or another.

On the topic, likely voting for Hillary. I'm damn near libertarian economically. But economics are impossible to predict, and I actually think Presidents are far more impotent than the election cycle would have us believe when it comes to affecting much. The global economy is now a beast beyond any one entity's ability to meaningfully influence (imo). As such, I tend to vote based on social issues, where I'm much more solidly Democrat. Remove the personal bias of the candidates themselves and logic dictates that they have to toe their party line more often than not, so who it is isn't especially meaningful to me. And the area where Presidents have - arguably - the most unchecked power and ability to influence is in foreign policy. Trump's notorious statements that undoubtedly wouldn't play well abroad are indeed cause for concern. I actually don't think he'd wreck the country like some doom-sayers, but I also would prefer not to take chances compared to someone that, frankly, has already done this without burning the place down.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Digi
I thought this might be a more conceptual question...like, who would you want yo be President, but out of anyone? Imo, that's actually a much more interesting discussion. The "Who ya voting for?" questions tends not to produce terribly deep analysis. Most people already have a fairly ingrained sense of what they stand for on major political issues, and a history with one party or another. https://media.giphy.com/media/KYNywoibU1PQ4/giphy.gif

Digi
Lol.

I did edit my post to include an actual response to your OP.

On my hypothetical OP, Fred Rogers.

Sin I AM
Link?

QVlqBjNLpQc

Here u go. Great popcorn material

|King Joker|
QVlqBjNLpQc

Here u go. Great popcorn material He talks like a third grader, LOL.

Khazra Reborn
Anyone but Hilary.

Flyattractor
Anyone but the 2 jackoffs that got nominated.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Anyone but the 2 jackoffs that got nominated.

Surtur
First of all Trump is still saying is going to build a wall and deport all illegal immigrants. Simply because he won't get it done doesn't make it any less stupid.

It's stupid because of the cost, etc. If there was a way to cheaply build an EFFECTIVE wall I wouldn't see the problem.

Just like deporting all illegals: if we had an easy affordable way to do it..I would be ALL for it.

Lovely, and Hilary specifically was against gay marriage until she wasn't. Trump clarified what he meant about the Muslim thing, so we can nip that in the butt. But because it's Trump people will beat this dead horse for as long as they can.

Lol please. Unnecessarily dragged through the mud? No, it was all necessary. She can lie about whatever she wants with zero consequences and you think she shouldn't be dragged through the mud? Please tell me that's a joke. People are tired of her f*cking lies and manipulation. It's not only Benghazi or the fact she is too stupid to follow security protocols. Those are just the icing on the cake.

It's just sad to see people try to act like this person has been treated unfairly when she has gotten away with SO much shit lol.

She's more conniving than Trump. She knows how to play the game, and by that I mean making people not notice corruption.

No, Hilary isn't better, just a different kind of bad. She's good at deflection. Like for example: Talk about her corruption? Derr..but but Trumps wife might of copied some sentences from a speech that Michelle Obama gave(which she also might of copied). Or derrr Trump was rude to muslim parents who showed up just to start shit and insult him, so you better look away from Hilary and her shady shit. It's the bright shiny key approach. You know how you can easily distract a baby by jangling your keys? That is what people do for Hilary, and in her situation Donald Trump is her bright shiny set of keys. To which the slow witted people fall for her tricks every single time. It's not Trump who should love the uneducated, but Hilary. The uneducated and/or the uninformed are going to put this toxic woman into the White House.

She was practically for sale as Secretary of State, so obviously we need a president like that because...f*ck if I know.

Sin I AM
He talks like a third grader, LOL.

Meh he's an idiot but people follow him so atleast he has that going for him. Blind leading the blind, essentially. Hillary did an interview with Fox News which was outside the box seeing how Fox hates her. She atleast appeared knowledgeable on the questions asked but she didn't expand on her policies which us annoying at this point. She's still unable to take command of the camera. Which adds to her disingenuous perception. Her being a liar is moot at this point. They're ALL liars I just find it odd why she's so...hated so passionately. Benghazi/emails is not the worst a politician has done.

OLe6N6MWOeg

Stigma
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/01/clinton-spat-with-benghazi-mom-takes-back-seat-to-trump-khan-debate.html

Clinton spat with Benghazi mom takes back seat to Trump-Khan debate

MS Warehouse
Meh he's an idiot but people follow him so atleast he has that going for him. Blind leading the blind, essentially. Hillary did an interview with Fox News which was outside the box seeing how Fox hates her. She atleast appeared knowledgeable on the questions asked but she didn't expand on her policies which us annoying at this point. She's still unable to take command of the camera. Which adds to her disingenuous perception. Her being a liar is moot at this point. They're ALL liars I just find it odd why she's so...hated so passionately. Benghazi/emails is not the worst a politician has done.

OLe6N6MWOeg

She's hated because she's probably the most disengenuous politician out there. She insults everyone's intelligence with needless pandering. She sucks the naive in with her pitiful cliches that point a picture of a world that doesn't exist. That's why.

BackFire
I don't like either of them, but I'm going to vote for Clinton because at this point I'm just voting for the person who I think is less likely to set the world on fire, and Trump has shown he lacks any form of discipline, thoughtfulness or self control, and I fear he'd cause an international incident over some dumb spat that he'd likely start with another world leader. His bizarre feud with the Khans over the past several days has shown him to be mentally and emotionally unfit for the job as president, I think.

Regardless, I suspect whoever wins will be a one term president, with their unfavorable ratings being so high already - those will only get worse once they get into office.

Also I don't want conservative Supreme Court judges who will overturn Roe v Wade and will outlaw gay marriage/rights. The coming president will possibly be placing multiple Supreme court justices, that is enough to not vote for the republican in this case, along with Trump's lunacy and stupidity.

I also just find myself not respecting Donald Trump. I find him to just be a buffoon, a clown, and someone who only exists to sometimes say something so stupid that it is amusing to me. I just don't respect him as a human being.

Surtur
You see the problem is people think either of these people could set the world on fire. The problem is when you have people who go "oh do you want Trump with his finger on the button?!" as if there is this wacky system in place where the President can press a single button and fire all these nukes without having to get approval from anyone but himself.

No, just..No. America will survive either of these people. So I feel the "Trump will ruin the world so I'm going for Hilary" outlook is just lacking in any semblance of logic. It's a cop out. We say Trump is more immature, but why? Because he goes back and forth with people who show up to start shit with him? Is it anymore emotionally mature to lie and manipulate people?(Hint, it's not). Is it anymore mature to, when your own shadiness is brought up, to just go "well...tax returns..and shit!!!" in regards to Trump? Nope, not at all.

People think you can only be immature by being loud and obnoxious, but wrong..that's not how this works.

MS Warehouse
Is there really any proof that a conservative dominated Supreme Court is going to overturn Roe vs. Wade? And as far as Trump goes, I wonder if he's doing it just to stay in the spotlight. What happens if he kills it during the debates? It would show his entire act has been just that (I'm not optimistic). Either way, I agree about either candidate being a one term president.

Surtur
Plus is the alternative for the liberal court any better?

Plus one term presidents? Eh, if Hilary wins she has another 4 years to spin propaganda, and she'll have the power of her office to enforce other stuff.

Mark my words: if we let her in she will stay in the white house as long as is allowed. She's probably the type who would try to change it so you could have 3 terms.

MS Warehouse
I am having less and less patience with Trump as time goes. If he messes up in the debates, I'm not voting in this election. I don't think either one are going to destroy the world. We have a system of checks and balances for a reason.

Sin I AM
She's hated because she's probably the most disengenuous politician out there. She insults everyone's intelligence with needless pandering. She sucks the naive in with her pitiful cliches that point a picture of a world that doesn't exist. That's why.

Hmmm isn't politics at its very core pandering?

MS Warehouse
Hmmm isn't politics at its very core pandering? shouldn't be if you have character and something to offer. Hilary doesn't so she has to resort to pandering. Her husband didn't have to do that. Neither did Reagan or Obama.

BackFire
You see the problem is people think either of these people could set the world on fire. The problem is when you have people who go "oh do you want Trump with his finger on the button?!" as if there is this wacky system in place where the President can press a single button and fire all these nukes without having to get approval from anyone but himself.

No, just..No. America will survive either of these people. So I feel the "Trump will ruin the world so I'm going for Hilary" outlook is just lacking in any semblance of logic. It's a cop out. We say Trump is more immature, but why? Because he goes back and forth with people who show up to start shit with him? Is it anymore emotionally mature to lie and manipulate people?(Hint, it's not). Is it anymore mature to, when your own shadiness is brought up, to just go "well...tax returns..and shit!!!" in regards to Trump? Nope, not at all.

People think you can only be immature by being loud and obnoxious, but wrong..that's not how this works.

That is not a very reassuring argument. You are essentially telling me that there are safeguards in place to keep a president from enacting anything that may indeed lead to a global disaster, that's not going to make me more likely to vote for Trump. I don't want to rely on safeguards to keep a president from doing something stupid because he lacks basic impulse control, I want a president who won't make those decisions in the first place.

You ask why. The answer is by seeing how his campaign is run. Campaigns are important because they act as a microcosm into how the candidate would run the country. And Trump's campaign just seems to be nothing but chaos. There seems to be no planning, no thoughtfulness, no self control. If he runs his campaign in such a way, there is no reason to think that he'd run the country any better. Also the way he constantly lashes out at anyone who criticizes him is important. It shows that he is an insecure human being, and that he has extremely thin skin - not a good trait for a president. A president has to be able to simply ignore some things, and know when to keep your mouth shut. How will he react if another world leader criticizes him? I think he may absolutely do something stupid or reckless that ends up hurting the nation/world in some way. Do I literally think he's going to try and launch nukes at someone who makes fun of his hair or complexion? No. But his temperament matters to me, and when I see how he's so easy to distract, that is not a trait I find acceptable.

You also referenced his tax returns, as if it's not a reasonable criticism - it absolutely is. He's running on his supposed success as a business man, and he references his personal wealth constantly, however, his tax returns are essentially the only way to fact check those things, and he's suspiciously withholding them.

And yes, Hillary is shady and a liar, but that is the business. Trump has lied, Trump has done shady things in his past as well. As far as I'm concerned that is a wash. Clinton at least comes across has having some semblance of self control and the ability to think before she speaks/acts. I don't think Trump does, which is why I refuse to vote for him.

Other problems with him include, yes, he has said he wants to overturn Roe V Wade, and his running mate is a Christian loon who has supported gay conversion therapy and is against gay rights. Even if you ignore all else I've said about Trump, those two things alone are disqualifying for me.

Sin I AM
shouldn't be if you have character and something to offer. Hilary doesn't so she has to resort to pandering. Her husband didn't have to do that. Neither did Reagan or Obama.
Pandering doesn't necessarily have to do with character. Like when trump pulled that cinco de mayo stunt or when hillary said she kept "hot sauce" in her purse. I think it's just an ill conceived attempt by many politicans to cater to a certain demographic

Lestov16
Doesn't really matter. At this point I am absolutely certain Trump is a Hillary plant. What better way to make Hillary look good in light of the wikileaks scandal than make perhaps his most offensive comments yet, to a grieving father of a war veteran, and even to a crying baby. A crying baby. Even the dumbest politician in the world wouldn't deride a crying baby.

IMO he's purposely trying to make Hillary look good. And that's not including the GOP. With his latest comments against Paul Ryan, and Obama urging the GOP to denounce Trump, it seems clear that Trump is upping the ante on his offensiveness in order to make himself as unelectable as possible for Hillary.

People saying he's not working for Hillary are fools. Hillary is a member of the Bilderberg Group, along with Henry Kissinger, Ben Bernanke, David Petraeus the Rockfellers and Rothschilds, Royal Dutch Shell, Google, and many others whose combined wealth and power easily crush Trump's. Trump has clearly either been bought or threatened, because his latest antics, especially with the crying baby, seem like deliberate self-sabotage of his campaign.

MS Warehouse
He's not making Hilary look good, he's making himself look bad. There's a difference. The more convincing theory is that Trump went to every considerably funded gambling den in the country, and bet against himself. Now he's tanking and will come out of this with 8 to 9 figures.

Take the tin foil hat off. Nobody is threatening another billionaire, especially not for someone who pales in comparison in net worth.

Adam_PoE
If he messes up in the debates, I'm not voting in this election.

If?

He is already running scared, and announced Friday that he is planning to skip the debates.

BackFire
Man, if he does actually skip out on the debates then he's completely done, that'd be the most cowardly thing he could do.

MS Warehouse
He's not skipping the debates.

brexit
Originally posted by Lestov16
Doesn't really matter. At this point I am absolutely certain Trump is a Hillary plant. What better way to make Hillary look good in light of the wikileaks scandal than make perhaps his most offensive comments yet, to a grieving father of a war veteran, and even to a crying baby. A crying baby. Even the dumbest politician in the world wouldn't deride a crying baby.

IMO he's purposely trying to make Hillary look good. And that's not including the GOP. With his latest comments against Paul Ryan, and Obama urging the GOP to denounce Trump, it seems clear that Trump is upping the ante on his offensiveness in order to make himself as unelectable as possible for Hillary.

People saying he's not working for Hillary are fools. Hillary is a member of the Bilderberg Group, along with Henry Kissinger, Ben Bernanke, David Petraeus the Rockfellers and Rothschilds, Royal Dutch Shell, Google, and many others whose combined wealth and power easily crush Trump's. Trump has clearly either been bought or threatened, because his latest antics, especially with the crying baby, seem like deliberate self-sabotage of his campaign. Although you speak truth, i at least want Trump to be president. Hillary has actually convinced the world she is not a puppet establishment joke set to destroy the civilised world, even after 8 years of Obama doing exactly that. Shes convinced people that having a vagina AND a husband who used to be president is enough credential to be president. Whereas Trump on the other hand is the closest thing to a regular person being president since, well, Reagan, I guess. True democracy at its finest and the fact that the mainstream expert patronising ****wits in the media, colleges and congress cant understand why we are following him after all theyve said is simple. We dont want their opinion of why Hilary is probably the best out of all of them, we want our own choice. We want a guy who will actually build a wall and make us laugh. After all the shit muslim refugees have done its about time we stood up for ourselves and said, **** em. Trump as far as I can see, and some bullshit from five thirty eight or politifact is not going to convince me otherwise.

MS Warehouse
Bullshit from 538 and politifact? You mean statistical analysis and facts won't convince you otherwise? Interesting.

brexit
Bullshit from 538 and politifact? You mean statistical analysis and facts won't convince you otherwise? Interesting. No, opinions and assertions of anti-Trump rhetoric or distorting viewpoints into a narrow monded view that Hillary is the lesser of two evils and only every person who watches mainstream news is smart enough to have this view doesnt convince me.

Trump is not a party establishment figure. He is above politics. He is bane.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by brexit
Reagan

hahahahahahahaha

brexit
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
hahahahahahahaha Well, maybe not Reagan since he was literally a TV star, but so is Trump....

MS Warehouse
Neither one of those sites do that unless there's evidence behind it. They're pretty objective.

brexit
Theyre very anti Trump. Have been since he started campaigning.

Sin I AM
No, opinions and assertions of anti-Trump rhetoric or distorting viewpoints into a narrow monded view that Hillary is the lesser of two evils and only every person who watches mainstream news is smart enough to have this view doesnt convince me.

Trump is not a party establishment figure. He is above politics. He is bane.

Lmao

brexit
Did I say something funny?

I guess you let other people form your opinion for you, dont you?

Sin I AM
Did I say something funny?

I guess you let other people form your opinion for you, dont you?

Its not what you said. It's how you said it that amused me.

brexit
Fair enough.

Zampanó
RE: Trump and the nukes:

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/03/trump-asks-why-us-cant-use-nukes-msnbcs-joe-scarborough-reports.html

The video (autoplay i think, sorry) is only about a minute long. There's no real check on the president's decision to use nukes-- "the system is designed for speed and decisiveness."

It's worth noting that Trump in the last 3 hours has denied asking about nukes, but at this point his credibility w/r/t disavowing past statements is so low that I'm not inclined to believe him.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
That is not a very reassuring argument. You are essentially telling me that there are safeguards in place to keep a president from enacting anything that may indeed lead to a global disaster, that's not going to make me more likely to vote for Trump. I don't want to rely on safeguards to keep a president from doing something stupid because he lacks basic impulse control, I want a president who won't make those decisions in the first place.

I honestly don't think we would need the safeguards. In the sense that I don't think Trump would ever be launching nukes. You see when people think like that it's just silly because they are raising him to the level of some kind of super villain.

I'm not saying he doesn't have faults, but I'm just saying with Hilary there are faults too, just not the same kind. Not the obvious faults. The lies, the manipulation, the corruption. They aren't any better. I guess that is my issue. Like I said before, Trump is loud and obnoxious. So while we are looking at him Hilary is going to slip in the back door.

It's not about whether it is reasonable or not. She used it as a dodge when asked about her own shadyness.

See this is what I'm talking about. The lies and the manipulations of the Clintons go deeper than anything Trump has. Whenever these people are corrupt we just say "that's the business" and accept it. That is not normal to me, that is just..it doesn't make any sense. We're so complacent about this it is pathetic.

I know there are issues, but to be honest I don't think you'll have to worry. At this point I think Hilary is going to win. If Trumo had tried to essentially stay quiet during the summer and prepare for the debates in the fall then maybe he would of, but with this politically correct culture we have now I think he can't win. So Hilary will win and then she'll just lie to us and manipulate us for the next 8 years. Then we'll just shrug our shoulders and accept it and say "that's politics".

Stigma
See this is what I'm talking about. The lies and the manipulations of the Clintons go deeper than anything Trump has. Whenever these people are corrupt we just say "that's the business" and accept it. That is not normal to me, that is just..it doesn't make any sense. We're so complacent about this it is pathetic.
Just to chime in, honestly:

1000x thumb up

Gadabout
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-reportedly-asks-why-us-120527571.html?utm_content=buffer4e574&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Surtur
Yes we know about that. Nobody said he doesn't say stupid shit, I just don't think he's actually going to cause WW3 or another Civil War like some crazy people do.

|King Joker|

Surtur
It doesn't give us enough answers though. It was vague. He said it was scenario dependent, but made for speed. That doesn't automatically means Trump can just go "fire a nuke" and it immediately happens.

See? People are getting almost hysterical over this. That is what scares me.

|King Joker|
The point is that Trump is woefully retarded regarding national security and foreign policy.

Surtur
The point is that Trump is woefully retarded regarding national security and foreign policy.

Hilary is no better with security lol.

|King Joker|
Hilary is no better with security lol. At least she isn't questioning why we shouldn't use nuclear ****ing weapons. erm That's, like, off the charts stupidity.

Surtur
At least she isn't questioning why we shouldn't use nuclear ****ing weapons. erm That's, like, off the charts stupidity.

I know because she keeps her shady shit behind closed doors. Like I said, Trump is loud and obnoxious and he's just making it easier for Hilary to just get away with all her lies and manipulation.

You know anything about Dungeons and Dragons? Hilary's alignment would be neutral evil while Trump's would be chaotic evil.

BackFire
I honestly don't think we would need the safeguards. In the sense that I don't think Trump would ever be launching nukes. You see when people think like that it's just silly because they are raising him to the level of some kind of super villain.

I'm not saying he doesn't have faults, but I'm just saying with Hilary there are faults too, just not the same kind. Not the obvious faults. The lies, the manipulation, the corruption. They aren't any better. I guess that is my issue. Like I said before, Trump is loud and obnoxious. So while we are looking at him Hilary is going to slip in the back door.

It's not about whether it is reasonable or not. She used it as a dodge when asked about her own shadyness.

I know there are issues, but to be honest I don't think you'll have to worry. At this point I think Hilary is going to win. If Trumo had tried to essentially stay quiet during the summer and prepare for the debates in the fall then maybe he would of, but with this politically correct culture we have now I think he can't win. So Hilary will win and then she'll just lie to us and manipulate us for the next 8 years. Then we'll just shrug our shoulders and accept it and say "that's politics".

Yes, as I said, I also don't think he'd actually launch nukes, that's not my point, my point is that his temperament and lack of self control makes me very wary of how he'd govern, and that, while yes, probably not trying to launch nukes, would end up doing something damaging to the country/world. You are basically telling me that I shouldn't worry because he won't actually cause an apocalypse. As if that's the only thing worth worrying about.

I know there are faults with Hillary - many many faults, I don't like her, and I would be open to voting for someone else, I am not a Hillary supporter or defender, I'm simply voting for her because I believe she is the lesser of two evils and I think her various flaws are less dangerous than Trump's. I think Trump would make a much worse president than she would.

I too think Trump will lose, especially after this disastrous week. He was in a good spot before this, but it seems he's really gone off the deep end this time, it's just a constant stream of bad decisions from him.

SayWhat
Trump should know better that all sorts of booby traps and minefields are being made to make him look terrible. The fact that democrats are stooping to Trumps level with the insults while promoting inclusiveness and diversity, I guess that is as long as you agree with them???, makes it quite clear to me dems are hypocrites.

Robtard
He's not making Hilary look good, he's making himself look bad. There's a difference. The more convincing theory is that Trump went to every considerably funded gambling den in the country, and bet against himself. Now he's tanking and will come out of this with 8 to 9 figures.

Hilarious theory, so funny I almost want it to be true.

Sin I AM
I just love how Hillary has achieved this Cruella Deville like status from the right. I recently attended a rally and it was just frightening the level of fear some people held for her. Like burn her at the stake and she should be raped type comments. Its like a witch hunt

Sin I AM
I just love how Hillary has achieved this Cruella Deville like status from the right. I recently attended a rally and it was just frightening the level of fear some people held for her. Like burn her at the stake and she should be raped type comments. Its like a witch hunt with the level of hysteria people show

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by Robtard
Hilarious theory, so funny I almost want it to be true. that's what a real businessman would do.

SayWhat
At the end of the day it's about who do you want for SCOTUS, stingy uptight, cruel conservatives, or balanced progressive SCOTUS? That and Hillary would have a much shorter learning curve as POTUS. No way possible as much as she will try, will she take your guns away from you.

SayWhat
I just love how Hillary has achieved this Cruella Deville like status from the right. I recently attended a rally and it was just frightening the level of fear some people held for her. Like burn her at the stake and she should be raped type comments. Its like a witch hunt with the level of hysteria people show [/QUOT

With Drudge and TMZ, Bill might not want to have affairs at the White House. Of course now that Eleanor Mondale is dead and no longer available to shag, the only way Bill could shock us would be if dug her up and was shagging her corpse. That would not surprise me. Then Hillary would have the FBI investigate all funeral homes and mortuary placed instead of taking any personal responsibility for spouses perverted actions. LMAO.

Sin I AM
Anyone see the Clint Eastwood article on Trump? I find it hilarious he called him racist when he was called the same at one point

MS Warehouse
Everyone calls someone racist the minute they say something questionable. The term has lost most of its meaning, along with bigot, xenophobe, etc.

SayWhat
True, racist meaning not what it used to mean. I don't feel superior to any one else of color, but not going to go out of my way of social circle and comfort level to prove that I'M not. Just silly. I only judge on the grounds of absurdity. You act like an idiot, the polarization begins and most likely will widen

Robtard
that's what a real businessman would do.

Con people while negatively smearing the GOP for a long time to come?

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by Robtard
Con people while negatively smearing the GOP for a long time to come? i mean whatever current circumstances are. But great idea to take the lead, then "short" his own "stock", dismantle own campaign and get paid. He's not really doing much for the gop considering the winner will most likely be a 1 term president.

SayWhat
She did that because of Whitewater and to quash rumor
(facts) Bill having affairs. Pesky GOP, affairs not a big deal, questionable bank dealings, a fair allegation. To be honest, Hilary was POTUS in 90s and Bill was just the pretty face. And Janet Reno, just a figure head. The assistant DOJ, who just resigned last year before Loretta LYNCH and was Obama DOJ for seven years, was running DOJ in the Bill years. He got the FBI agents to look at GOP members who were looking at Clinton mischief. So yeah, we get that Hillary gets the smear stuff and how it works. Too bad the 2 party are acting like spoiled brats and can't play nice

Surtur
I just love how Hillary has achieved this Cruella Deville like status from the right. I recently attended a rally and it was just frightening the level of fear some people held for her. Like burn her at the stake and she should be raped type comments. Its like a witch hunt

Lol is this a serious comment? Like Trump hasn't achieved this devil-like status himself from the left. You want to talk about Clinton rallies? The worst they have is bad comments. At Trump rallies the cops sit back and watch as people attack Trump supporters.

Let me ask you, was there a mob of people there trying to block you from getting into the Clinton rally? Did anyone chuck a block of cement or a rock or a molotov cocktail at you?

MS Warehouse
There's no doubt that there is a media bias against Trump since the media is largely left leaning but Trump isn't doing himself any favors.

Surtur
I just find it funny that the worst thing people at Hilary rallies have to endure is dickheads saying stupid shit. Talk to me when your safety is in danger.

Surtur
So Clint Eastwood gave a speech about political correctness and how people these days can really over react to things, especially the younger generation. I'm proud to say people really took to what he said, acknowledging that yes sometimes people are way too sensitive.

No I'm jk, people got offended over his speech of how people get offended over stupid shit.

Sin I AM
Lol is this a serious comment? Like Trump hasn't achieved this devil-like status himself from the left. You want to talk about Clinton rallies? The worst they have is bad comments. At Trump rallies the cops sit back and watch as people attack Trump supporters.

Let me ask you, was there a mob of people there trying to block you from getting into the Clinton rally? Did anyone chuck a block of cement or a rock or a molotov cocktail at you?

Havent been to any Clinton rallies lately. I livee in the south so she isnt well liked. Anyway this was a meeting to help bolster the nc bathroom law that turned into a Clinton bash-a-thon.

Trump rallies always reminded me of clan rallie or anti abortion rallies...shit like that

Surtur
Havent been to any Clinton rallies lately. I livee in the south so she isnt well liked. Anyway this was a meeting to help bolster the nc bathroom law that turned into a Clinton bash-a-thon.

Trump rallies always reminded me of clan rallie or anti abortion rallies...shit like that

You didn't answer my question. Did people try to block you from going in? Were you ever attacked? Rocks or bottles thrown at you?

Oh and did you hear about the recent ruling about the bathroom law? Heh.

MS Warehouse
The irony is that this usually comes from the anti trump protesters.

Surtur
The hilarity of it all is they whine about verbal insults and at the same time Hilary supporters will try to justify violence by the anti trumpers. It's getting f*cking ridiculous. How are grown ass adults acting like this?

Sin I AM
You didn't answer my question. Did people try to block you from going in? Were you ever attacked? Rocks or bottles thrown at you?

Oh and did you hear about the recent ruling about the bathroom law? Heh.

No noone blocked us. Like I said Im in the south. These types of events usually happen without incident.

Surtur
No noone blocked us. Like I said Im in the south. These types of events usually happen without incident.

Trump rallies in the South had violence too so we can nip that logic in the butt real quick and move on.

So I guess no molotov cocktails either, then? Are you nursing any injuries from having rocks or bottles thrown at you?

Sin I AM
Trump rallies in the South had violence too so we can nip that logic in the butt real quick and move on.

So I guess no molotov cocktails either, then? Are you nursing any injuries from having rocks or bottles thrown at you?

Where? Not in NC. Well i cant speak for nc as a whole but i have not seen it where i live. He had an event a few months ago in the coliseum that was peaceful. Youd have to link me to those instances because i haven't seen any. Maybe youre confusing protesting with violence.

Surtur
Where? Not in NC. Well i cant speak for nc as a whole but i have not seen it where i live. He had an event a few months ago in the coliseum that was peaceful. Youd have to link me to those instances because i haven't seen any. Maybe youre confusing protesting with violence.

You said "the south" not NC lol. NC isn't the entire south.

Sin I AM
Not sure if serious

Surtur
Not sure if serious

You said "I'm from the South these types of accidents usually happen without incident". But you are from just one portion of the south so why would you even feel that represents the entire south? I don't get it. Saying "I'm from NC and we haven't had any violence here" would make more sense.

Sin I AM
You said "I'm from the South these types of accidents usually happen without incident". But you are from just one portion of the south so why would you even feel that represents the entire south? I don't get it. Saying "I'm from NC and we haven't had any violence here" would make more sense.

Lol semantics. People from Chicago generalise about the midwest. I didnt think i had to be THAT specific

Surtur
Lol semantics. People from Chicago generalise about the midwest. I didnt think i had to be THAT specific

We do? I certainly don't. I can't speak for the midwest, all I can speak for is Chicago.

brexit
I think Trump's tactic is to be as unpopular as possible. I mean, he certainly didnt get publicity from saying nice things so he's merely sticking to his strengths and appealling to the disgruntled voter. He isnt targeting those who want a happy peaceful future, he's targeting people who want things done. His record will speak for itself, like any good politician.

MS Warehouse
I think Trump's tactic is to be as unpopular as possible. I mean, he certainly didnt get publicity from saying nice things so he's merely sticking to his strengths and appealling to the disgruntled voter. He isnt targeting those who want a happy peaceful future, he's targeting people who want things done. His record will speak for itself, like any good politician. His tactic is stupid. If he didn't speak again after the wikileaks scandal, his would win the election. I feel bad for his kids who seem to be the only intelligent people on his staff. I wonder if anyone is asking him, "dude, wtf are you doing?"

brexit
I dont know, i trust he knows what hes doing and it will work for him.

Sin I AM
I think Trump's tactic is to be as unpopular as possible. I mean, he certainly didnt get publicity from saying nice things so he's merely sticking to his strengths and appealling to the disgruntled voter. He isnt targeting those who want a happy peaceful future, he's targeting people who want things done. His record will speak for itself, like any good politician.

This makes sense up until the convention. But he's gotta transition past that a focus on reuniting the party. Or forging a new party could be cool. Something that bernie shouldve done.

Nephthys
So apparently Trump asked Russia to hack Clinton? Thats uh, thats pretty dang ****ed up.

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by Nephthys
So apparently Trump asked Russia to hack Clinton? Thats uh, thats pretty dang ****ed up.

What left wing rag news sites are you getting your information from?

Nephthys
The Guardian. The Independent. The BBC.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/27/donald-trump-russia-hillary-clinton-emails-dnc-hack

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-accused-of-treason-after-urging-russias-vladimir-putin-to-hack-hillary-clintons-email-a7158976.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36907541

I mean, isn't this literally treason?

MS Warehouse
The Guardian. The Independent. The BBC.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/27/donald-trump-russia-hillary-clinton-emails-dnc-hack

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-accused-of-treason-after-urging-russias-vladimir-putin-to-hack-hillary-clintons-email-a7158976.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36907541

I mean, isn't this literally treason?

First off, there's been literally zero evidence the Russians were involved, from dozens of news sites, much less Trump having anything to do with anything. Furthermore, there is a believe that the NSA was involved. So yea, no proof whatsoever.

Nephthys
I don't care about who did it. My concern is Trump basically advocating for a foreign power to hack a US citizen.

CosmicComet
He's advocating for the American people to get a chance to read the e-mails that Hillary deleted. We deserve to know.

Russia is just the buzzword that was being tossed around so it was used off-handedly.

Lol @ treason. It's just a weak deflection on their part. Hillary isn't America, and I thought there was nothing important in those e-mails anyway? At least according to her. Now apparently its American security at stake. lol

Surtur
Wait, are you talking about the joke Trump made about the situation?

MS Warehouse
That's what he's talking about

Zampanó
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_White_House_email_controversy

Surtur
That's what he's talking about

Damn that's legitimately depressing.

MS Warehouse
RH, it's funny how anytime someone brings up something current, you have to bring up something completely in the past and irrelevant at this point. It wasn't right back then and it isn't right now. Not to mention, it's hardly as serious as Hilary's benghazi fiasco that cost lives.

Sin I AM
I don't care about who did it. My concern is Trump basically advocating for a foreign power to hack a US citizen.

It's not really that deep. Even is he was serious which I doubt he's still just a citizen using his freedom of speech to say what he wants.

Tzeentch
Freedom of Speech doesn't grant freedom from scrutiny.

It's within my rights to assert that the world would probably be a better place if Israel and Saudi Arabia didn't exist- it'd also be within the rights of people who disagree to say that they disagree with me.

Or, not vote for me if I were running for office.

Now regarding the significance of what he said: no, it really isn't that big of a deal and yeah, the media is definitely overplaying his statement. However there is a legitimacy to denouncing Trump for saying it, not specifically because of what he said, but because it's one more dumbass statement he's made out of a sea of dumbass statements he's made. It's indicative of how much of a buffoon he is.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Freedom of Speech doesn't grant freedom from scrutiny.

It's within my rights to assert that the world would probably be a better place if Israel and Saudi Arabia didn't exist- it'd also be within the rights of people who disagree to say that they disagree with me.

Or, not vote for me if I were running for office.

Now regarding the significance of what he said: no, it really isn't that big of a deal and yeah, the media is definitely overplaying his statement. However there is a legitimacy to denouncing Trump for saying it, not specifically because of what he said, but because it's one more dumbass statement he's made out of a sea of dumbass statements he's made. It's indicative of how much of a buffoon he is.

Good post

MS Warehouse
You probably should listen to the entire statement and guage the context because it didn't seem like a serious statement.

Surtur
Originally posted by Tzeentch

Yes and we always talk about the things indicative of Trump being a buffoon but somehow never focus on all the things indicative Hilary is a liar, is corrupt, etc.

In your personal opinion why do you feel that is? Why are we more outraged at the buffoon as opposed to a dishonest, corrupt, individual?

MS Warehouse
Yes and we always talk about the things indicative of Trump being a buffoon but somehow never focus on all the things indicative Hilary is a liar, is corrupt, etc.

In your personal opinion why do you feel that is? Why are we more outraged at the buffoon as opposed to a dishonest, corrupt, individual?

Well he's liberal so he's not going to focus on something that hurts his case. Then again, he specifically mentioned Trump so there's no need to get into the game of "well, she's just as bad!"

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>