Where to rank Qui-Gon Jinn?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla
Jinn in his prime

Rebel95
Hmm... Maybe around Saesee Tinn?

Rebel95
I'm not an expert on Qui Gon though so don't take my word for it lol

Jmanghan
After re-watching the fight, Qui-Gon was pushing Maul back a few times.

Maul was dominating, and ultimately won, but there were times where Jinn had the upper hand.

Rebel95
Yeah, but for the most part Maul was on the offensive. He put up a good fight though for sure.

Jmanghan
Looking back, he was doing a lot better then Kenobi was until the end of the fight.

Rebel95
Yeah, but that's not saying much tbh

chingchangwalla
Was TPM his prime? I was under the impression that it was during his training of Xanatos

Syndicate
Mid-High Council Member tier.

SunRazer
Qui-Gon never really had the upper hand. Maul was leading Qui-Gon into the reactor chamber, and the only time you could argue Jinn had the upper hand was when he bitchslapped Maul after the latter kicked Obi-Wan away.

Ziggystardust
Qui Gon got spanked in Tatooine as well.

SunRazer
By an injured Maul too.

Nephthys
Personally, when it comes to the elite swordsmen that we debate here I have Qui-Gon at about the end. He's like a baseline for when you're actually good. Higher than the more fodderish of the PT Council though.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by SunRazer
Qui-Gon never really had the upper hand. Maul was leading Qui-Gon into the reactor chamber, and the only time you could argue Jinn had the upper hand was when he bitchslapped Maul after the latter kicked Obi-Wan away. Well, he was doing hella better then Kenobi was for the majority of the fight.

Jmanghan
By an injured Maul too. Injured? :/

I don't recall either one having the edge over the other when it came to the Tatooine fight, regardless.

chingchangwalla
Jinn was a lot older than Maul and kept the fight going for a long while. Old man + Ataru = Trouble but contended very well with "one of the most skilled and deadly warriors in Sith history" Jinn effectively used the most physically demanding form for 10-20 mintues (if you take the movie literally) against a younger, more agile Maul
One of the great Ataru masters?

chingchangwalla
I rate Jinn very highly.

SunRazer
@Jmagnhan - Maul was shot in the leg before he fought Qui-Gon on Tatooine.

And who cares if Qui-Gon did better than TPM Obi-Wan? lol

ILS
Good match up for Prime Bane

Fated Xtasy
Eh, I would say he's around sub Dooku level ie he'd equal prime Ventress and do as well as she's done against her opponents or better, but evidently he would be no match for top dogs.

Kurk
In his prime? Higher than Ventress but below RotS Kenobi.

|King Joker|
Prime!Jinn could be in the Ki-Adi-Mundi / RotS Shaak Ti range, IMO.

Deronn_solo
Shit level. smile

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Kurk
Higher than Ventress

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Shit level. smile

thumb up

SunRazer
Qui-Gon higher than Ventress? lol

And the "prime" arguments are retarded.

Kurk
Qui-Gon higher than Ventress? lol

And the "prime" arguments are retarded. Ventress would fair better against TPM Maul than an out of prime Jinn?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.