Captain America and Winter Soldier vs Jaws

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Capt and Winter Soldier are on a secret mission and have to swim under water in the ocean to get to their location. The area they swim in is Jaws feeding ground. This is Jaws from part one.

Capt has his shield.

Capt and Winter soldier come fact to face with Jaws.

Who wins?

BruceSkywalker
smdh

KingD19
BREAKING NEWS!!!

A giant shark washed up on the beach this morning. It did not die from beaching; instead autopsy reports show the creature seems to have been punched to death as there are a multitude of fist marks dotting the sharks body.

tkitna
http://img.europapress.net/fotoweb/fotonoticia_20110103172356_500.jpg

Raisen
what if jaws has the SS serum in this battle

Inhuman
And vibranium fins and teeth

tkitna
Originally posted by Raisen
what if jaws has the SS serum in this battle

Then he would probably have to use his shield.

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2010/08/shark-cap360.jpg

tkitna
Originally posted by Inhuman
And vibranium fins and teeth

Now he's taking the kid gloves off.

http://yotamak.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341c145e53ef015436b3f48c970c-800wi

Inhuman
Lol did you just draw that?

tkitna
Originally posted by Inhuman
Lol did you just draw that?

Lol. No, somebody else deserves the credit.

Kazenji
Before clicking on this thread & reading the OP, Was thinking it was Jaws from the Bond movies.

Kotor3
I say Jaws bites the hell out of winter soldier while Capt tries to make a quick get away.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Kotor3
I say Jaws bites the hell out of winter soldier while Capt tries to make a quick get away.

Lol!!!!

This is spite against Jaws.

Surtur
Spite or not I can't fault the OP for this awesome match up.

May I make one suggestion though? What if you gave them a different shark to fight? Like the Supershark:

Rx2cTYCP0Ns

Best part is the fight doesn't need to take place in water because this shark can walk on land and also f*cking fly.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Silent Master
Lol!!!!

This is spite against Jaws. As if I can say I am surprise at your response. But please enlighten me as to why this is spite?

Silent Master
Because per feats, Cap and WS will have no problems killing Jaws.

Kotor3
Because per feats, Cap and WS will have no problems killing Jaws. Enlighten means to give details. What feats specifically make this match spite against Jaws?

FrothByte
Couldn't WS just jam his arm into Jaws' mouth to gnaw on? Jaws would then lose all his teeth. Same strategy for Cap and his shield.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Not sure who would win, but some of you really underestimate the power of a great white in water. That is his natural environment and is vastly more maneuverable than them in it. The shark will also weigh and is also very powerful in his own right. Some of you act like Cap will just punch him, and he'll die... You do realize how much force would be negated in his punches being in water right? Or is this the usual Cap wankery going on here? Seemingly so.

Kotor3
Originally posted by FrothByte
Couldn't WS just jam his arm into Jaws' mouth to gnaw on? Jaws would then lose all his teeth. Same strategy for Cap and his shield. Are you serious? You really think Jaws could not rip his arm right off. A regular shark could do that. Now you are talking about a abnormally large, fast, and powerful Great White. Jaws is the Moby Dick of sharks.

Not one normal means could kill or even harm Jaws. Three barrels and he went into the water like it was nothing. Harpoon, gun shots. Nothing. Drag a speed boat going the opposite way into the water forcing them to cut the rope.

A shark that fights Killer Whales, is able to take a ton of pressure from Ocean water is going to get punch to death? As for the shield, He'll probably just spit is out or swallow it. Its way to flat for Jaws to consider a meal.

Silent Master
Enlighten means to give details. What feats specifically make this match spite against Jaws?

The feats that showcase their physical abilities/stats.

Kotor3
The feats that showcase their physical abilities/stats. I accept your concession. I wasn't even asking you to repeat from previous threads. Just name one feat. Guess what there are none. Jaws rapes one on one. Two on one with a really good strategy is the only hope for Capt and Winter boy.

Silent Master
I see, what you're saying is that you've never seen any movies with Cap and WS in them, in that case, why should your opinion on this match be respected?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Did he really ask for feats that showcase their physical ability? LMAO. Then again, it's Silent, the resident troll nobody takes serious.

FrothByte
Are you serious? You really think Jaws could not rip his arm right off. A regular shark could do that. Now you are talking about a abnormally large, fast, and powerful Great White. Jaws is the Moby Dick of sharks.

Not one normal means could kill or even harm Jaws. Three barrels and he went into the water like it was nothing. Harpoon, gun shots. Nothing. Drag a speed boat going the opposite way into the water forcing them to cut the rope.

A shark that fights Killer Whales, is able to take a ton of pressure from Ocean water is going to get punch to death? As for the shield, He'll probably just spit is out or swallow it. Its way to flat for Jaws to consider a meal.

So you think Jaws can just clamp on WS's robotic arm and rip it off? You don't think biting into that steel will ruin his teeth?

Silent Master
So you think Jaws can just clamp on WS's robotic arm and rip it off? You don't think biting into that steel will ruin his teeth?

To be fair, Kotor3 did just basically admit that he's never seen any of the movies that feature Cap or WS.

Surtur
He actually didn't say he didn't see it, he was essentially asking which feats by Cap or WS were so powerful that they make this fight a spite match.

FrothByte
Cap was strong enough to punch through a submarine window WHILE UNDERWATER. Bucky's robotic arm is even stronger than Cap's. A punch like that will completely shatter Jaws' face.

Because unless there's proof otherwise, Jaws' bone structure is similar to that of other sharks which means he doesn't have bone at all but cartilage.

The biggest advantage that Jaws has in this fight is mobility. Unfortunately from what I remember in the movies, Jaws prefers to attack head on, not exactly circling and lunging in for an attack (or maybe that's just Jaws 3). If he attacks straight on then he gets a direct punch to the snout and that will be that.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Surtur
He actually didn't say he didn't see it, he was essentially asking which feats by Cap or WS were so powerful that they make this fight a spite match.

If he'd seen the movies he wouldn't have to ask for their physical feats. remember, this is the same guy that thought a croc that did nothing but spin around would be a hard fight for Cap.

I mean, do you need to be reminded of Cap and WS' feats?

Surtur
I'm sure there are some I've forgotten, but no the big ones for Cap at least stand out(the motorcycle throwing, the helicopter).

Silent Master
I'm sure there are some I've forgotten, but no the big ones for Cap at least stand out(the motorcycle throwing, the helicopter).

Considering that those are also two of the most recent, do you think it's likely that Kotor3 forget about them?

FrothByte

1. Cap punching a hole through a submarine window underwater
2. Bucky's robot arm overpowering Cap's arms
3. Shark's skeletal structure made out of cartilage
4. Jaws likes to attack head on

That pretty much summarizes why I think the duo wins.

Surtur
I did overlook one fact though in that yes trying to punch underwater will certainly lessen the force in which you can hit. Though Bucky's mechanical arm might negate some of that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
Before clicking on this thread & reading the OP, Was thinking it was Jaws from the Bond movies. Idiot.

Inhuman
Nose punch will incapacitate the shark

http://i.imgur.com/9XO2zE2l.jpg

FrothByte
I did overlook one fact though in that yes trying to punch underwater will certainly lessen the force in which you can hit. Though Bucky's mechanical arm might negate some of that.

Yes it does, but Cap still punched hard enough to bust through a submarine window.

Kotor3
I see, what you're saying is that you've never seen any movies with Cap and WS in them, in that case, why should your opinion on this match be respected? Translation, I concede and don't have a respectable response.

Silent Master
Translation, I concede and don't have a respectable response.

I accept your concession.

Kotor3
So you think Jaws can just clamp on WS's robotic arm and rip it off? You don't think biting into that steel will ruin his teeth? What makes you think that Jaws can't? Ruin his teeth. Some reports states that the bit force of a great white shark is that of 1.8 tons. 20 times more than humans and three times more than a Lion. Just times that by a good amount since you are talking about Jaws.

How long would it take for his teeth to break. All he has to do it lock on hit his arm and pull to rip it off.

Lets say he loses teeth. That is not Jaws only means of killing. Ram, bump will do great damage as well as drowning them if he latches on to body part and takes them under. Then its simply the swallow.

Kotor3
Cap was strong enough to punch through a submarine window WHILE UNDERWATER. Bucky's robotic arm is even stronger than Cap's. A punch like that will completely shatter Jaws' face.

Because unless there's proof otherwise, Jaws' bone structure is similar to that of other sharks which means he doesn't have bone at all but cartilage.

The biggest advantage that Jaws has in this fight is mobility. Unfortunately from what I remember in the movies, Jaws prefers to attack head on, not exactly circling and lunging in for an attack (or maybe that's just Jaws 3). If he attacks straight on then he gets a direct punch to the snout and that will be that. So punching through a submarine window is harder to do then a Sharks skin? The same Shark that was taking multiple bullets and harpoons which had absolutely no effect on it is suddenly going to have its face shatter by a punch from Capt? Jaws in part one is larger than the one in part II which was able to kill a Killer Whale. But Capt and Winter soldier can in water shatter the face of a predator that fights Killer Whales using its face?

That is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard on this forum.

Jaws would bite Capts hand off before he even connected.

FrothByte
So punching through a submarine window is harder to do then a Sharks skin? The same Shark that was taking multiple bullets and harpoons which had absolutely no effect on it is suddenly going to have its face shatter by a punch from Capt? Jaws in part one is larger than the one in part II which was able to kill a Killer Whale. But Capt and Winter soldier can in water shatter the face of a predator that fights Killer Whales using its face?

That is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard on this forum.

Jaws would bite Capts hand off before he even connected.

You're starting to exaggerate. Jaws isn't bullet proof. He survived bullets and a harpoon mainly because of his size and toughness. It's not actually unheard of for sharks or killer whales to survive harpoons. Also, not all of the gunshots fired at Jaws actually hit their mark.

Now, are you saying that Jaws' skeletal structure is tougher than a submarine window?

Jaws won't be able to bite off Cap's hand if he has a shield jammed in his mouth.

Kotor3
You're starting to exaggerate. Jaws isn't bullet proof. He survived bullets and a harpoon mainly because of his size and toughness. It's not actually unheard of for sharks or killer whales to survive harpoons. Also, not all of the gunshots fired at Jaws actually hit their mark.

Now, are you saying that Jaws' skeletal structure is tougher than a submarine window?

Jaws won't be able to bite off Cap's hand if he has a shield jammed in his mouth. I never stated that Jaws was bullet proof. I stated that the bullets and harpoons attack did nothing. What gunshots did not hit their mark? Everyone I remember seeing did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duef4v7GuLM

There is the video of Capt attacking the small singular sub. Yes I am stating Jaws skin is tougher and stronger than the submarine glass that Capt punch through. Jaws would destroy that sub quickly.

Lets remember Jaws was hunted by a trained Shark killer and who ended up trying to run from him. There is absolutely nothing normal about Jaws. Also they killed a Shark earlier in the movie with bullets and harpoons.

FrothByte
I never stated that Jaws was bullet proof. I stated that the bullets and harpoons attack did nothing. What gunshots did not hit their mark? Everyone I remember seeing did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duef4v7GuLM

There is the video of Capt attacking the small singular sub. Yes I am stating Jaws skin is tougher and stronger than the submarine glass that Capt punch through. Jaws would destroy that sub quickly.

Lets remember Jaws was hunted by a trained Shark killer and who ended up trying to run from him. There is absolutely nothing normal about Jaws. Also they killed a Shark earlier in the movie with bullets and harpoons.

So what proof have you that Jaws' skeletal structure is tougher than a submarine window?

Silent Master
So what proof have you that Jaws' skeletal structure is tougher than a submarine window?

Wild animals give him a boner, therefore he gives them the benefit of the doubt.

It's only fair.

Kotor3
So what proof have you that Jaws' skeletal structure is tougher than a submarine window? Nice, you use Capt feat of punching through a Submarine window as proof that Capt could Shatter Jaws face with a punch like it is a fact and then ask me prove my point. How about you prove a submarine window is stronger than a shark's skin?

But I'll play your little game for now. Research I lookup shows military submarines go about 1600 to 2400 feet deep. I believe the deepest record is a submarine going a little over 4,000 feet deep into the ocean. But that is by today's standard. So I would estimate that during World War II they were even close to that standard.

The deepest recorded dive for a Great White Shark is also a little over 4000 feet. That's what is recorded. No one really knows how deep they can go.

So since Jaws is way above normal for a Great White Shark and the submarine window that Capt punch through was during WW II, I give the win to Jaws skin since it can take much more pressure than the submarine window Capt punch through.

FrothByte
Nice, you use Capt feat of punching through a Submarine window as proof that Capt could Shatter Jaws face with a punch like it is a fact and then ask me prove my point. How about you prove a submarine window is stronger than a shark's skin?

But I'll play your little game for now. Research I lookup shows military submarines go about 1600 to 2400 feet deep. I believe the deepest record is a submarine going a little over 4,000 feet deep into the ocean. But that is by today's standard. So I would estimate that during World War II they were even close to that standard.

The deepest recorded dive for a Great White Shark is also a little over 4000 feet. That's what is recorded. No one really knows how deep they can go.

So since Jaws is way above normal for a Great White Shark and the submarine window that Capt punch through was during WW II, I give the win to Jaws skin since it can take much more pressure than the submarine window Capt punch through.

The fact that you're countering my argument of Cap shattering Jaw's face with "shark's skin is tough" shows that your physics and biology is skewed.

Jaws's skin toughness has nothing to do with whether or not Cap/WS can shatter Jaws's snout with a punch. You do NOT shatter skin. If I hit a guy in the head with a baseball bat and crack his skull, I'm not cracking his skin, I'm cracking his skull.

Cap has punched through a submarine window. WS has punched through walls and even damaged pure concrete. If you want to claim that Jaws is so durable that he can survive hits from the 2, you'll have to prove that his skeletal structure is tougher than concrete or that submarine window. Because I have science on my side, and science says shark skeletons are made of cartilage and cartilage is not as tough as submarine windows or concrete.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Jaws would solo either one of these guys in the water, and frankly it isn't even that close. Can they win solo or as a team with some well placed shots? Sure, but more than likely they get a huge chunk taken out of them more times than not.

Silent Master
Jaws isn't soloing either one, let alone beating them as a team.

Kotor3
The fact that you're countering my argument of Cap shattering Jaw's face with "shark's skin is tough" shows that your physics and biology is skewed.

Jaws's skin toughness has nothing to do with whether or not Cap/WS can shatter Jaws's snout with a punch. You do NOT shatter skin. If I hit a guy in the head with a baseball bat and crack his skull, I'm not cracking his skin, I'm cracking his skull.

Cap has punched through a submarine window. WS has punched through walls and even damaged pure concrete. If you want to claim that Jaws is so durable that he can survive hits from the 2, you'll have to prove that his skeletal structure is tougher than concrete or that submarine window. Because I have science on my side, and science says shark skeletons are made of cartilage and cartilage is not as tough as submarine windows or concrete. First thing you stated that Capt can shatter Jaws face. Snout (which is made to take impact) is part of the face of a Shark not their whole face. If you did not mean face then say so.

Two - Definition of Shatter -(straight from google) - break or cause to break suddenly and violently into pieces.
synonyms: smash, break, splinter, crack, fracture, fragment, disintegrate.

If someone was to shatter my face my skin and everything would be disfigured and would not be in place. A person' s skin can open (crack, fracture, fragment) due to the force of a hit.

Three - A sharks skin protects what you call weak cartilage. Their skin is literally made of small teeth. (That is why if you watch sharks attacks people have lost fingers got severely cut without a bite from a shark just by coming in contact with its skin.)

Four - The protective layer (Sharks skin) is more durable and powerful than the submarine window of WW II. I proven that you have proven nothing and made baseless statement.

The weak cartilage (as you say) allows the Shark to move with great agility in water. So Jaws is not only more powerful, but faster and agile in water. Do you have any sound argument besides the punch in the snout theory?

FrothByte
First thing you stated that Capt can shatter Jaws face. Snout (which is made to take impact) is part of the face of a Shark not their whole face. If you did not mean face then say so.

Two - Definition of Shatter -(straight from google) - break or cause to break suddenly and violently into pieces.
synonyms: smash, break, splinter, crack, fracture, fragment, disintegrate.

If someone was to shatter my face my skin and everything would be disfigured and would not be in place. A person' s skin can open (crack, fracture, fragment) due to the force of a hit.

Three - A sharks skin protects what you call weak cartilage. Their skin is literally made of small teeth. (That is why if you watch sharks attacks people have lost fingers got severely cut without a bite from a shark just by coming in contact with its skin.)

Four - The protective layer (Sharks skin) is more durable and powerful than the submarine window of WW II. I proven that you have proven nothing and made baseless statement.

The weak cartilage (as you say) allows the Shark to move with great agility in water. So Jaws is not only more powerful, but faster and agile in water. Do you have any sound argument besides the punch in the snout theory?

Oh please, stop digging your own grave. It's perfectly possible to shatter and break bone without injuring skin. You see it all the time with fractures.

Snout, face, whatever. If Jaws gets punched in that area from someone with Cap's striking feats he's done. Doesn't matter how tough his skin is, that won't stop his cartilage from breaking.

You didn't prove anything. You claimed that sharks can dive down 4000 ft and you think that automatically makes them tougher than submarines or concrete. Some squids and octopi dive even deeper than that, are they now tougher than sharks and concrete?

Kotor3
Oh please, stop digging your own grave. It's perfectly possible to shatter and break bone without injuring skin. You see it all the time with fractures.

Snout, face, whatever. If Jaws gets punched in that area from someone with Cap's striking feats he's done. Doesn't matter how tough his skin is, that won't stop his cartilage from breaking.

You didn't prove anything. You claimed that sharks can dive down 4000 ft and you think that automatically makes them tougher than submarines or concrete. Some squids and octopi dive even deeper than that, are they now tougher than sharks and concrete? You are right about one thing, there is no need to continue this discussion on which is stronger. I definitely am not going to try to educate you on sharks when you have shown zero interest in learning. You act like Cartilage is structure like bones showing your ignorance.

So, since you can't prove that the armored skin of the shark is less than that window of the cheap small sub you are passing off as some amazing feat your punch feat of the window is irrelevant. Jaws would destroy the sub. Please try to prove otherwise.

Jaws speed, power and mobility is superior. If Capt tries to punch his snout his arm gets bitten off. Your argument is weak. There is nothing about Capt that is superior to a Killer Whale in water yet this is what Jaws fights.

Here let me help you. Capt best bet is to use his shield to try to absorb the impact and punch Jaws in the eye or gill where WS does the same or get on top of Jaws and break his dorsal fin. That would do the most damage. If you did any research you would know that the snout is not recommended to hit at all.

marwash22
The duo punches the shark to death.

somebody's losing an arm or leg before that happens tho.

FrothByte
You are right about one thing, there is no need to continue this discussion on which is stronger. I definitely am not going to try to educate you on sharks when you have shown zero interest in learning. You act like Cartilage is structure like bones showing your ignorance.

So, since you can't prove that the armored skin of the shark is less than that window of the cheap small sub you are passing off as some amazing feat your punch feat of the window is irrelevant. Jaws would destroy the sub. Please try to prove otherwise.

Jaws speed, power and mobility is superior. If Capt tries to punch his snout his arm gets bitten off. Your argument is weak. There is nothing about Capt that is superior to a Killer Whale in water yet this is what Jaws fights.

Here let me help you. Capt best bet is to use his shield to try to absorb the impact and punch Jaws in the eye or gill where WS does the same or get on top of Jaws and break his dorsal fin. That would do the most damage. If you did any research you would know that the snout is not recommended to hit at all.

Ok... I don't understand what you're trying to imply about cartilage. This is what a shark's skeletal system looks like and it's made out of cartilage:

https://jb004.k12.sd.us/my%20website%20info/PICS/shark_skeleton.jpg

Punch the shark in the snout or facial area, break its face in. Now what's complicated about that? Every shark expert pretty much agree that the snout is the most sensitive area on a shark. It seems like you're the one who needs to do some research.

Also, are you seriously telling me that a shark's skin is tougher than a submarine's pressurized windows? Really???

Kotor3
Ok... I don't understand what you're trying to imply about cartilage. This is what a shark's skeletal system looks like and it's made out of cartilage:

https://jb004.k12.sd.us/my%20website%20info/PICS/shark_skeleton.jpg

Punch the shark in the snout or facial area, break its face in. Now what's complicated about that? Every shark expert pretty much agree that the snout is the most sensitive area on a shark. It seems like you're the one who needs to do some research.

Also, are you seriously telling me that a shark's skin is tougher than a submarine's pressurized windows? Really??? Lets make this simply. Your whole argument is that since Jaws like all sharks charges straight into their targets that Capt would punch his snout or nose thus breaking his snout. You base this upon his strength feat of breaking the window of a small sub made during WW II.

Here is my counter. The most advance subs of today can only go as deep as the deepest recorded dive for a Great White. That means the pressure that the window can take is a least equal to that of the pressure a Shark's skin and muscle can take. The thing is that is today, WW II subs were no where as strong. The muscle and skin or a shark is its armor. That is why the Cartilage does not break when going so deep and fighting other sea creatures which involves much contact.

Next since Jaws has the clear advantage in the water, Jaws is more than capable of moving so that Capt 's fist hit his mouth or goes into his mouth instead of hitting his snout. Since Capts does not have armor skin and can be cut, if Jaws armored skin was to bump against Capt or WS at the speed he would be moving for an attack (up to 35 mph) would clearly rip his skin and muscles apart since his skin is made of teeth.

That is my counter to your Capt wins with a punch argument.

Kotor3
For those who wish to read their is good info on Sharks Skeleton in this article - http://www.sharksinfo.com/skeleton.html

You will see a sentence that states "while the snout can absorb blows and impacts without breaking".

Also if you google cartilage as to whether it can break or not you will see that the resounding answer is no. Trauma and bruising but not breaking. This is due to the soft tissue and flexibility of cartilage. There many articles with in depth detail.

Those facts simply from my prospective destroys the argument that Capt with a punch can break Jaws snout as well as his protective Armour of skin surround his snout.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Jaws would solo either one of these guys in the water, and frankly it isn't even that close. Can they win solo or as a team with some well placed shots? Sure, but more than likely they get a huge chunk taken out of them more times than not. laughing out loud

You are such a troll.

FrothByte
For those who wish to read their is good info on Sharks Skeleton in this article - http://www.sharksinfo.com/skeleton.html

You will see a sentence that states "while the snout can absorb blows and impacts without breaking".

Also if you google cartilage as to whether it can break or not you will see that the resounding answer is no. Trauma and bruising but not breaking. This is due to the soft tissue and flexibility of cartilage. There many articles with in depth detail.

Those facts simply from my prospective destroys the argument that Capt with a punch can break Jaws snout as well as his protective Armour of skin surround his snout.

Wow, you have such a hard on for sharks don't you? In the article it specifically states that shark cartilage is hardened to ensure that it can at least be protective. Which means it can be broken, since anything rigid enough to sustain a skeletal structure would also be rigid enough to be broken. The skeletal cartilage of a shark is not the same as the cartilage in your ear that doesn't get broken.

But even if it doesn't get broken, then the blunt trauma it will receive will still be enough to kill it.

You keep referring to how the "snout can absorb impact without breaking", that doesn't mean it can absorb unlimited impact, definitely not the kind of impact strong enough to crack concrete. Because if that's your stance then you need to back that up with facts.

FrothByte

Here is my counter. The most advance subs of today can only go as deep as the deepest recorded dive for a Great White. That means the pressure that the window can take is a least equal to that of the pressure a Shark's skin and muscle can take. The thing is that is today, WW II subs were no where as strong. The muscle and skin or a shark is its armor. That is why the Cartilage does not break when going so deep and fighting other sea creatures which involves much contact.

Ok so using this analogy, we can therefore say that deep sea anglers are a lot tougher than Great whites since they dive even deeper. Yes?

Kotor3
Wow, you have such a hard on for sharks don't you? In the article it specifically states that shark cartilage is hardened to ensure that it can at least be protective. Which means it can be broken, since anything rigid enough to sustain a skeletal structure would also be rigid enough to be broken. The skeletal cartilage of a shark is not the same as the cartilage in your ear that doesn't get broken.

But even if it doesn't get broken, then the blunt trauma it will receive will still be enough to kill it.

You keep referring to how the "snout can absorb impact without breaking", that doesn't mean it can absorb unlimited impact, definitely not the kind of impact strong enough to crack concrete. Because if that's your stance then you need to back that up with facts. LOL, because I destroyed your one punch argument I have a hard on for sharks? You who says Capts wins with one punch? Now you want to take parts of the article to fit your ridiculous statement.

Never does the article state that the cartilage is hard as bone or loses any flexibility or durability but state that it is made (snout) to absorb impact. The hardened part is more around the skull so as to protect the eyes and brain.

Here is the piece in the article you are trying so desperately to twist so as to fit you argument:
"The jaw is used for grabbing, tearing and clamping, while the backbone is involved in every movement of the entire body mass. Therefore, these areas have calcified cartilage, which has been hardened by calcium salts. These are hard cartilaginous structures that, while resembling bone, are still lightweight.

The skull of the shark is also made of cartilage as is its rostrum (its snout or beak). However, the skull has a denser, firmer form of the substance, while the rostrum is spongy and soft. These different densities are necessary to ensure that the brain and eyes are protected in the harder shell of the skull, while the snout can absorb blows and impacts without breaking. "

I see nothing about the snout being hard. Funny how you are trying to stick to that lame argument.

Kotor3
Ok so using this analogy, we can therefore say that deep sea anglers are a lot tougher than Great whites since they dive even deeper. Yes? I going to do as you did with my Shark statements, no research. Since I'm not familiar with deep sea anglers, provide info of what you are stating.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Jaws solos either one

Silent Master
Cap solos within 45 seconds.

FrothByte
I going to do as you did with my Shark statements, no research. Since I'm not familiar with deep sea anglers, provide info of what you are stating.

Deep sea anglers can live up to a mile underwater. They don't just dive that deep, they live there. So using your analogy, would you then say they are tougher than sharks?

Let's finish this vein of debate first before I go back to debunking your shark skin/cartilage > cement/submarine-window argument.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What is your claim Frost, are you claiming either one can solo jaws alone?

FrothByte
What is your claim Frost, are you claiming either one can solo jaws alone?

I'm claiming either one can potentially kill Jaws with one hit, provided it's a proper hit. I believe Jaws' biggest asset is his maneuverability in water, but if he just attacks head on and gets a direct hit on the facial area then that could potentially end him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
yeah, don't see it... Even if he comes head on, which he doesn't have to... Even if they tried to punch him... he could just almost swallow them whole.. He's huge and vastly more powerful, especially underwater. He comes at them... they try and punch him... half of them is gone, but hey, that was a good punch thrown.....

FrothByte
yeah, don't see it... Even if he comes head on, which he doesn't have to... Even if they tried to punch him... he could just almost swallow them whole.. He's huge and vastly more powerful, especially underwater. He comes at them... they try and punch him... half of them is gone, but hey, that was a good punch thrown.....

Cap jams his shield in Jaws' maw, which is pretty much an automatic action from anyone that has a shield, then punches him in the face. If it takes more than one punch, then they keep going at him until he's done for.

Cap and WS are not stupid dude, they're not going to punch their hands directly in a shark's mouth.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Dude, Jaws has enormous bite radius... he literally had a whole guy in his mouth with zero issue. He was literally flailing around with his entire body in his mouth. Why would he just swallow the whole shield plus the arm attached?

FrothByte
Dude, Jaws has enormous bite radius... he literally had a whole guy in his mouth with zero issue. He was literally flailing around with his entire body in his mouth. Why would he just swallow the whole shield plus the arm attached?

A man's diameter from bird's eye view is actually smaller than the shield. Jaws is big but he's not a freakin whale.

WhiteWitchKing
Cap throws his shield at Jaws and kills it.

BruceSkywalker
C

BruceSkywalker
Cap soles this shit..

Shield block, followed by a punch from Cap=Jaws death

KuRuPT Thanosi
A man's diameter from bird's eye view is actually smaller than the shield. Jaws is big but he's not a freakin whale.

He's enormous. Look at the scene when Brody first meets Quin at his place. Notice all the shark jaws. Notice how big they are and how wide their diameter is, then think, these guys aren't Jaws. Jaws is considerably bigger than most we saw in the room. Second, this is assuming he comes straight at them, which he doesn't need to, he could bite off legs in one fell swoop. They aren't close to as maneuverable as him in water.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Cap throws his shield at Jaws and kills it. Dammit, if only being underwater seriously diminished the velocity of a thrown object, oh wait, it does....

Kotor3
Deep sea anglers can live up to a mile underwater. They don't just dive that deep, they live there. So using your analogy, would you then say they are tougher than sharks?

Let's finish this vein of debate first before I go back to debunking your shark skin/cartilage > cement/submarine-window argument. Thanks for telling me that they can go deep in the sea like most creatures in the ocean. I will look up deep sea anglers and respond to you on Monday.

Kotor3
@FrothByte I read up on deep sea anglers.

Simply put deep sea fish including the Angle can survive the deep of the ocean because they are mostly made of liquid that are not easily compressed, light bones and flesh; therefore it helps them to maintain their buoyancy in water. Some also comprise of gas bladders that stop them to sink.

Your argument is that the sub window is much more dense than the deep sea Angler body thus harder which is correct. Unlike Sharks, deep sea fish can't really live or go in shallow water because of how their bodies are made. So, for your Analogy to work you would have to know what force a punch from a dense object as a human body would be or produce within the amount of pressure that deep sea fish live in and the effect it would have on them.

If you have that info please provide. As for you BS comment that most experts tell you to hit a Sharks snout (which is untrue. Anyone can google this) this is only recommended if the eyes and gill are not reachable. The only thing hitting them is the Snout would do is distorted their senses not hurt them.

Silent Master
Team wins easily.

Tyrannoraptor
So you think Jaws can just clamp on WS's robotic arm and rip it off? You don't think biting into that steel will ruin his teeth? Yeah the shark's teeth would've break as a result!

ShadowFyre
Yall are tripping. Most large Animals are already casually in the superhuman range. That shield is gonna make it harder to swim.

One bite will rio them in half. Jaws has the strength,environment, speed, and he can see them from miles away

ShadowFyre
Yall actin like Jaws and them are gonna square up and brawl it out. Lol wtf.

Jaws is going to come at them from a depth that they can't see, but he can find them from miles away. And he is going to swim much faster than them and he is going to hit them with a mouth that is wide ats they are tall and can swallow them hole.

If a serious Jaws hits either one of them, they will be either killed or incapacitated immediately. The very best they can hope for is to lose a limb.

This is not a boxing match they are underwater. Yall actin like Cap and Bucky are gonna underwater kung fu this freaking 3 ton or so behemoth when he is simply gonna come straight up headfirst with a biteforce that will rip them in half and they have no way if seeing him is laughably retarded

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Yall actin like Jaws and them are gonna square up and brawl it out. Lol wtf.

Jaws is going to come at them from a depth that they can't see, but he can find them from miles away. And he is going to swim much faster than them and he is going to hit them with a mouth that is wide ats they are tall and can swallow them hole.

If a serious Jaws hits either one of them, they will be either killed or incapacitated immediately. The very best they can hope for is to lose a limb.

This is not a boxing match they are underwater. Yall actin like Cap and Bucky are gonna underwater kung fu this freaking 3 ton or so behemoth when he is simply gonna come straight up headfirst with a biteforce that will rip them in half and they have no way if seeing him is laughably retarded

team wins lol... its been years since i've watched but didn't normal people eventually defeat/kill jaws??

yea cap/bucky create underwater kung fu lol

Nibedicus
Enjoying the read, but here's a scaling I found online on how big Jaws is.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lJxNYYkkzXs/VmJuWI3enII/AAAAAAAAEwM/3lx3IuTVipk/s1600/Jaws%2BSize%2BComparisons%2B700.png

The Jaws 1 great white wasn't much bigger than the biggest GW shark (23 feet is the largest found I think).

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

ShadowFyre
Those humans had boats and equipment.

And I'm not even saying he wins, for sure they have the strength to hurt him, but acting like they are gonna have some great underwater battle is ridiculous. The fight will go down the exact way a shark hunts and they will have to fight when and where the shark decides.

Adam Grimes
Jaws blitz them stealthy with it's teleportation abilities. Not even close.

ShadowFyre
No. But underwater they have no way of seeing him

ShadowFyre
No. But underwater they have no way of seeing him and sharks have amazing senses

Adam Grimes
I was just stating how the fight would go, not responding to your post, friend.

BruceSkywalker
didn't jaws die by human hands..

its been like 30 yeaars since i've watched

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.