Split

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
84TouqfIsiI

Professor X done gone batshit crazy.

Looks interesting.

jaden101
Just watched the trailer. Yeah looks interesting and I've every faith in James Macavoy's ability (watch Filth if you haven't seen it) but I'm still wary about Shyamalan as he's still not returned to form and has doesn't anything great in over a decade.

Impediment
Yeah, Shyamalan has been off his game since Signs, IMO.

jaden101
https://youtu.be/rDpimaf_Fqo

Yeah that was my cut off point for him being good as well. Here's a scene from Filth that shows why I think Macavoy should nail this role.

Robtard
Agreed, trailer is captivating, lead actor is talented and the story sounds good, but the director is a big maybe. Hopefully he's back and we get something of quality like Unbreakable and not Lady In The Water.

Inhuman
Whats the twist?

Robtard
everyone you see is just another personality and it's all in his head; he's also a ghost.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Robtard
everyone you see is just another personality and it's all in his head; he's also a ghost.

Im also getting a slight feel that there might be an alien/demon invasion looming in this world.

Impediment
Originally posted by Robtard
Agreed, trailer is captivating, lead actor is talented and the story sounds good, but the director is a big maybe. Hopefully he's back and we get something of quality like Unbreakable and not Lady In The Water.

The only MNS film I've never seen in Lady in the Water. Is it that bad?

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
The only MNS film I've never seen in Lady in the Water. Is it that bad?

It's shit.

Kazenji
Yeah, Shyamalan has been off his game since Signs, IMO.

Haven't seen 'The Visit' ?

after seeing that myself, He is back to form.

Impediment
The Visit was hilariously dumb.

Kazenji
Fair enough.....

BruceSkywalker
interesting

dynamix
hmm, i'll be in the minority and say this looks pretty bad.

Ascendancy
Looks like it has some promise. Identity meets Kiss the Girls?

marwash22
I don't fck with Shamalama.

I've given him too many chances, and until he proves he's not a shit director anymore, he gets none of my money or bandwidth.

will catch this on cable if i hear good things.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by marwash22
I don't fck with Shamalama.

I've given him too many chances, and until he proves he's not a shit director anymore, he gets none of my money or bandwidth.

will catch this on cable if i hear good things.

These are the feelings I'm leaning towards. Although I haven't even bothered with some of his stuff, like The Happening or Lady in the Water because I heard they were so bad. But After Earth was so awful and such a waste of what could have been a decent premise that I am pretty much done with him.

That being said, I did really like Devil (which I think he produced/wrote, or something). It was a decent horror/suspense. And this looks a bit more along those lines, so I will try to keep an open mind about this one. It does look a bit more promising than much of his shit.

Robtard
First season of Wayward Pines was decent, it's gone downhill with season 2 despite a decent start.

quanchi112
The only MNS film I've never seen in Lady in the Water. Is it that bad? Really enjoyed that so of course Robtard hates it.

BruceSkywalker
saw this prior to Jason Bourne coming on... I am intrigued

Kazenji
X5MHGwjP3Hk

quanchi112
Looks really good but the director can be hit or miss.

jinXed by JaNx
looks like it was filmed on an ipad

I've given up on, Night.

marwash22
this movie looks so nuts (in a good way)

i think it will be this year's 'Don't Breathe'

Kazenji
Yeah, M Nights back in the good books with the movie critics.

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah, M Nights back in the good books with the movie critics.
I'm both surprised and pleased at that.

Kazenji
I usually see his moves regardless of what the movie critics say about him

riv6672
Me too, i'm just happy for him as he seems a nice fellow. Good to see him on the upswing.

Arachnid1
This was damn good. Great twist at the end. I almost cheered knowing what thats going to bring in the sequel. Watch this movie guys

Impediment
Use spoilers, please.

Kazenji
Gotta wait until next week to see this movie.

riv6672
Gotta wait until next week to see this movie.
I'll be curious to see your reaction.

Arachnid1
Use spoilers, please. Sorry about that. I figured that was vague enough to not be considered a spoiler

Impediment
Originally posted by marwash22
this movie looks so nuts (in a good way)

i think it will be this year's 'Don't Breathe'

Is Don't Breathe a good watch? I'm so behind on movies because of work.

Arachnid1
Is Don't Breathe a good watch? I'm so behind on movies because of work. Yes it is, but for the wrong reasons lol

Spent the entire movie rooting for the blind psycho army vet. It was even like usual when you want the annoying teens to die in a Jason movie. These kids were legitimate douche bags and he'd be well within his right to blow them all away. It had some great scenes

riv6672
Yeah, i had little sympathy for the intruders in that movie. I myself wouldnt have dragged things out, but thats about it.

Patient_Leech
Don't Breathe is really good.

quanchi112
Great film. Lived up to the trailer. This acting performance was top friggin notch. James deserves a damn Oscar for this.

playa1258
That good? My friends told me to go see this.

steverules_2
Ha! Classic twist

Kazenji
Looks like M.Night's finally doing a sequel to Unbreakable.

quanchi112
Shut up, Kaz.

Robtard
Looks like M.Night's finally doing a sequel to Unbreakable.

By far his best film and a good film all around. Not sure it needs a sequel though, especially considering his track-record after that.

quanchi112
This film is far better than Unbreakable.

Robtard
Will have to see. Do hope so.

Kazenji
Originally posted by quanchi112
Shut up, Kaz.

No you..shut up

because here's where i find that news

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/m-night-shyamalan-wants-to-make-a-sequel-to-unbreakable-111

Robtard

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/m-night-shyamalan-wants-to-make-a-sequel-to-unbreakable-111

Still not sure that this is a good idea, Shyamalan would have to do two things, re-capture his great directorial/writing skills he had back in 2000 and deliver an intriguing story; while he can't really tap into what made Unbreakable great the first time around, the feeling of unknown, as we now know David Dun is a superhero in his world and that Elijah Price is an evil bastard, though was correct all along.

I'd rather just have him continue with all new material, as he's gone upwards in quality recently with 'The Visit' being decent/good, 'Wayward Pines' being fun and apparently 'Split' being really good.

quanchi112
No you..shut up

because here's where i find that news

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/m-night-shyamalan-wants-to-make-a-sequel-to-unbreakable-111 Silence, Kaz.

Patient_Leech
I didn't realize this film's budget was only $9 million. And it's already made over $100 million worldwide. Goddamn.

quanchi112
Horror films can make it big.

Patient_Leech
So is it actually any good? Anybody seen it yet?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
So is it actually any good? Anybody seen it yet? Yes, it was. I already said so.

Kazenji
Seen it today, Good movie and also good comeback for M.Night with the movie critics

i can now see why M.Night is talking about a Unbreakable sequel now.

quanchi112
Quit copying my opinion Kaz.

Inhuman
I didnt expect the "Twist" to be an after credit scene

Kazenji
There's going to be a alternate ending for the DVD/Blu-Ray.

Patient_Leech
Just watched this. Even though it starts to get a little "out-there" in sort of a typical M.Night way it's still really, really good. Probably the best movie of his I've seen so far. And a connection to Unbreakable? I'm not sure I think that's a good idea, would probably prefer it to stand on its own, but whatever.

Amazing performance from James McAvoy! Wow...

Zack M
When are we getting the sequel/Third installment?

Lax
Split was a good movie, I would recommend it.

juggerman
Just saw this. McAvoy did a great job

Robtard
Yeah, watched it last week, enjoyed it. McAvoy was great and Shyamalan captured some of his magic from 15+ years ago. Not his best, that's still Unbreakable. But it might be his second best, I'd have to re-watch it.

Zack M
Sequel is called Damaged or something. CANNOT wait!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.