Where to rank Kas'im?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla
Where to rank him in Sabers only?
and
Where to rank him in Sabers and Force?

Emperordmb
That is not a question you want to ask this forum... it's better asked on CV

chingchangwalla
no expression

carthage
DMB legitimately thinks he can beat Malgus in a duel lmao

Deronn_solo
laughing out loud

Deronn_solo
As for the thread; Satele level in sabers; Shaak Ti in Force.

Trocity
Comparable to Anoon Bondara.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
As for the thread; Satele level in sabers; Shaak Ti in Force.
http://m1.paperblog.com/i/343/3434096/arrow-temporada-4-green-arrow-L-UMV0n9.jpeg

chingchangwalla
"Kas'im's proficiency with the lightsaber was such that he was considered amongst the Sith to be the greatest swordsman in the galaxy, and possibly the greatest ever to have lived." Yep Satele level

NTJack0
He's overrated garbage.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
"Kas'im's proficiency with the lightsaber was such that he was considered amongst the Sithby PoD Bane to be the greatest swordsman in the galaxy, and possibly the greatest ever to have lived." Yep Satele level

Deronn_solo
Oh, wow, the best duelist in a galaxy of second rate duelist, how impressive. Bane era fencers/Force usets are some of the weakest in the mythos.

chingchangwalla
I'm not saying that's true but such a thing has never been said about Satele...

DarthAnt66
Perhaps because, unlike in Bane's era, there are dozens of powerhouses in Shan's age. erm

|King Joker|
Asajj Ventress tier, maybe. mmm I don't know, my opinion of him always changes.

Fated Xtasy
Bondara sounds good actually

NewGuy01
He's likely to be on the same level as Sora Bulq.

|King Joker|
Yeah.

Ascendancy
As always the biggest problem is that the Bane saga did a poor job in some areas of giving real context for the overall level of the dueling and Force skills of almost everyone in the era. Considering the description of Kas'im's fights I'd say he had great prowess in saber combat, but I don't think it rises to the level of what say Maul does in Shadow Hunter against the training droids and such or the Jedi he faces, but it's all murky.

You have the premier Sith duelist in an era in which they are almost constantly at war with the Jedi, but you also have a period in which it is stated more than once that the dark side has been weakened by excess, in fighting, and failing to cull the lesser of their ranks. I'd argue from the descriptions that he could have killed anyone short of Windu, Sidious, Maul, etc, but we really only have a good showing against a younger, still developing Bane.

As to Force abilities, he was able to shield himself from one of Bane's blast, but I don't recall anything indicating that he was superbly adept with this use of the Force. I wouldn't rate him very highly except perhaps in being able to defend against direct attacks, and for how long is sketchy.

I do hope that there is an actual film Trilogy of the era and the Sith War so that there's a better measuring stick for the future.

The only thing I'll add is that the description of him as possibly the best duelist ever in a period after Tulak Hord had been in existence does give some credence to his capabilities. That said, there are only bare descriptions of Hord's feats as well and allusion to what he was capable of being beyond the scope of pretty much all those up through the Revan era, but no concrete showings. There's too much murkiness around all of it.

I think anyone trying to out and out dismiss Kas'im is being disingenuous, but anyone saying that he's at 'X' level without question is hard pressed to back it up as well.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Oh, wow, the best duelist in a galaxy of second rate duelist, how impressive. Bane era fencers/Force usets are some of the weakest in the mythos.

According to what?

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Ascendancy
As always the biggest problem is that the Bane saga did a poor job in some areas of giving real context for the overall level of the dueling and Force skills of almost everyone in the era. Considering the description of Kas'im's fights I'd say he had great prowess in saber combat, but I don't think it rises to the level of what say Maul does in Shadow Hunter against the training droids and such or the Jedi he faces, but it's all murky.

You have the premier Sith duelist in an era in which they are almost constantly at war with the Jedi, but you also have a period in which it is stated more than once that the dark side has been weakened by excess, in fighting, and failing to cull the lesser of their ranks. I'd argue from the descriptions that he could have killed anyone short of Windu, Sidious, Maul, etc, but we really only have a good showing against a younger, still developing Bane.

As to Force abilities, he was able to shield himself from one of Bane's blast, but I don't recall anything indicating that he was superbly adept with this use of the Force. I wouldn't rate him very highly except perhaps in being able to defend against direct attacks, and for how long is sketchy.

I do hope that there is an actual film Trilogy of the era and the Sith War so that there's a better measuring stick for the future.

The only thing I'll add is that the description of him as possibly the best duelist ever in a period after Tulak Hord had been in existence does give some credence to his capabilities. That said, there are only bare descriptions of Hord's feats as well and allusion to what he was capable of being beyond the scope of pretty much all those up through the Revan era, but no concrete showings. There's too much murkiness around all of it.

I think anyone trying to out and out dismiss Kas'im is being disingenuous, but anyone saying that he's at 'X' level without question is hard pressed to back it up as well.

This guy is already more logical than 99% of everyone here, who mostly argue for their favorites.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He's likely to be on the same level as Sora Bulq. thumb up

chingchangwalla
Hats off to you mate, that's something pretty special ^

chingchangwalla
How did you come to the conclusion that he's on Bulq's level?

cs_zoltan
Probably half as good as DMB thinks, if I'm being generous.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Probably half as good as DMB thinks, if I'm being generous.

LMFAO that legit made me lol

You're such a prick xD

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
You're such a prick xD

It's called honesty.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
It's called honesty.
I enjoy this honesty :3

NewGuy01
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
How did you come to the conclusion that he's on Bulq's level?

Just guesstimation based on general parallels that can be drawn between the two's backgrounds, accolades, feats, etc.

carthage
Bulqs background is close to Mace in skill and being among the greatest in the Jedi orders history >> Kas'im being the best among one of the weakest eras of Sith and being the best according to trainee Bane

Totes comparable

NewGuy01
Well, they have the similar background of supposedly being legendary-class swordsmen (or on par with legendary-class swordsmen, in Bulq's case), but probably not actually.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.