Your Opinion on Disney pushing a political agenda in TFA?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
This and the plot ruined it for me. It's not like the two main characters (a girl and african american) were casually introduced with some logic behind it, instead they awkwardly shoved down our throats with no logical reasoning whatsoever. Rey somehow defeats Ren with no experience wielding a lightsaber before that point or formally training in the force. Phasma is the female commander of the elite storm troopers, the main antagonist is white. There are plenty of articles on it.

I really hope they don't do this against with Rogue One or Episode VIII but I already know they will.

No one wants politics integrated into Star Wars or any movie for that matter.

Syndicate
Don't like. Don't WANT. sad

Beniboybling
erm

Nai
Originally posted by Kurk
This and the plot ruined it for me. It's not like the two main characters (a girl and african american) were casually introduced with some logic behind it, instead they awkwardly shoved down our throats with no logical reasoning whatsoever.

So one needs "logical reasoning" to make characters female or black? laughing out loud

How did ROTJ Luke Skywalker beat Darth Vader? How did ESB Luke give Vader trouble?

And?

More female characters on screen? OH MY GOD! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sorry. The only one who "integrates politics" into Star Wars, is the guy that complains about the fact that it doesn't match his agenda. Which is pretty much laughable.

cs_zoltan
I don't mind that the lead is a female, what I mind is that Rey is a god ****ing awful character. A pestilence for star wars. Worst thing since Jar Jar.

|King Joker|
Can't wait for Kurk's reaction when the gays invade the SW movies. smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nai
So one needs "logical reasoning" to make characters female or black? laughing out loud

How did ROTJ Luke Skywalker beat Darth Vader? How did ESB Luke give Vader trouble?

And?

More female characters on screen? OH MY GOD! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sorry. The only one who "integrates politics" into Star Wars, is the guy that complains about the fact that it doesn't match his agenda. Which is pretty much laughable. thumb up smileOriginally posted by |King Joker|
Can't wait for Kurk's reaction when the gays invade the SW movies. smile yes

Flyattractor
It don't surprise me none. Hollywood has been shoving it's views down our throats for a very, very long time. And it looks like they will be doing it again with Rogue One.

|King Joker|
This ridiculous reaction is proof of why we need more diverse casts. erm

Beniboybling
Exactly, what would we do without these amusing diatribes. smile

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by |King Joker|
This ridiculous reaction is proof of why we need more diverse casts. erm

thumb up

Women and phags are still animals tho.

Emperordmb
I'm fine with gays, but if they put a gay guy in there with stereotypical gay-guy-voice I'm gonna cringe every time he speaks tbh.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Nai

He had training from two Jedi Masters.

Sinious
Originally posted by Zenwolf
He had training from two Jedi Masters. thumb up From the very best with a plot that justifies Luke's achievements way more and better than TFA did lol

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm fine with gays, but if they put a gay guy in there with stereotypical gay-guy-voice I'm gonna cringe every time he speaks tbh.

But then how else would we know if that person is gay?

I mean this is Hollywood we are talking about.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Flyattractor

I mean this is Hollywood we are talking about. Watch Star Trek Beyond. It's not hard.

Flyattractor
Watch Star Trek Beyond. It's not hard.

...Do I have to?

And yeah. I bet it was HARD!

Deronn_solo
I don't care, LMAO.

|King Joker|
...Do I have to?

And yeah. I bet it was HARD! It's good. smile

Okay then

Beniboybling

I mean this is Hollywood we are talking about. Originally posted by Flyattractor
...Do I have to?

And yeah. I bet it was HARD! facepalm

|King Joker|
I love how he goes from talking about the portrayal of homosexuals in film to erect penises in two posts. smile

Beniboybling
Simple minds, Joker. smile

AlsoOriginally posted by |King Joker|
It's good. smileHow good?

Kurk
Read this article: http://www.returnofkings.com/75991/why-star-wars-the-force-awakens-is-a-social-justice-propaganda-film

I don't have a problem with minorities or women, but they tried too hard and it doesn't seem natural.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Simple minds, Joker. smile

AlsoHow good? 8 or 8.5 out of 10. IMO Into Darkness > Beyond > 2009 ST, but I haven't watched Into Darkness and the 2009 one in a while so *shrug*.

Beniboybling
Read this article: http://www.returnofkings.com/75991/why-star-wars-the-force-awakens-is-a-social-justice-propaganda-film

I don't have a problem with minorities or women, but they tried too hard and it doesn't seem natural. That article was cancer, lol.

Beniboybling
8 or 8.5 out of 10. IMO Into Darkness > Beyond > 2009 ST, but I haven't watched Into Darkness and the 2009 one in a while so *shrug*. Interesting, I'll make sure to watch that then.

Zenwolf
That article was cancer, lol.

Tbh Beni, it does raise a point about the SK base shields and the FO Troops are suppose to have this undying loyalty right? Phasma just chucked shit right into that, she betrayed the FO much worse than Finn, yet people scream TRAITOR! At Finn like he's the biggest offender.

TR-8R would be terribly disappointed.

Beniboybling
Which has nothing to do with the film being "social justice propaganda".

cs_zoltan
They were also right about Rey being crap, which is the only part I read tbh.

Zenwolf
Which has nothing to do with the film being "social justice propaganda".

I know, I'm just talking about the article in general really.

TR-8R is the FO Stormtrooper we need.

Kurk
Beni how can you ignore the fact that Rey defeated Ren with no training in the force or lightsaber combat whatsoever before they met? Luke trained and still lost. It's like they're pushing this feminist message too far like women are entitled to win without working. What other characters have pulled off such a feat?

ares834
Or it's like they are pushing their hero and trying to make her appeal more to the masses to maximize profits...

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834
Or it's like they are pushing their hero and trying to make her appeal more to the masses to maximize profits...

TR-8R is the real hero. smile

cs_zoltan
Rey is one of the worst character ever despite her gender, but if she'd been a guy no one would care about her being a Mary Sue erm

Beniboybling
Beni how can you ignore the fact that Rey defeated Ren with no training in the force or lightsaber combat whatsoever before they met? Luke trained and still lost. It's like they're pushing this feminist message too far like women are entitled to win without working. What other characters have pulled off such a feat? Which you've decided to be the case, ironically thrusting your own political agenda onto the movie in doing so.

Regardless Rey kinda needed to win that fight to establish her as the heroine, maybe it could have been done in a better way but it really doesn't warrant getting butthurt over lol. No more than Kenobi slicing Maul in half in TPM. Get over it.

cs_zoltan
Like how Luke had to beat Vader to be the hero in ANH or ESB? mmm

...Oh wait.

Selenial
How good?

I haven't seen either of the two previous films, went in to watch it with my husband anyway because he wanted to see it. Absolutely loved it, already watched the previous two films and booked tickets to go see the third for a second time now.

Was a solid film tbfh smile

|King Joker|
Who's your favorite character. smile

Selenial
Who's your favorite character. smile

Three guesses smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Like how Luke had to beat Vader to be the hero in ANH or ESB? mmm

...Oh wait. No like he had to blow up the Death Star, whereas in TFA they didn't have a Kenobi to give you a lightsaber fight.

ESB on the other hand is a totally different beast, and I expect Rey to lose her next bout with Kylo.Originally posted by Selenial
I haven't seen either of the two previous films, went in to watch it with my husband anyway because he wanted to see it. Absolutely loved it, already watched the previous two films and booked tickets to go see the third for a second time now.

Was a solid film tbfh smile Nyice, the other two films are pretty sweet tbh, and I was never into to Trekkie.

cs_zoltan
I've only seen Into Darkness, it was boring as ****. I thought because Star Trek is boring, but after TFA maybe it was because of JJ mmm

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Selenial
Three guesses smile Kirk, Spock, Uhura. smile

Maybe replace one with Jaylah? smile

Selenial
Kirk, Spock, Uhura. smile

Maybe replace one with Jaylah? smile

All three are pretty solid, yeh. I actually really enjoyed Scotty, even if his comedy was rather forced at times. Anything for a Scottish accent....

DarthAnt66
Sel, I'm going out with a girl tomorrow.

Tips?

Beniboybling
Tell her about Revan. smile

DarthAnt66
How do you think I got this far? wink

Selenial
Two in the pi.... Wait nvm, you're 11 mmm

I'd say be yourself but I'm guessing the objective is to get her to like you, so that's out of the picture.

Nah but seriously, be confident, not cocky. That's literally it. Don't be overbearing or forceful, but take the lead. If you've got the date she obviously likes your character, just don't **** up smile

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Selenial
Two in the pi.... smile smile smile smile smile smile

Syndicate
It don't surprise me none. Hollywood has been shoving it's views down our throats for a very, very long time. And it looks like they will be doing it again with Rogue One.

They're doing it with the Dark Tower series too simply to pander.

FreshestSlice
I don't mind that the lead is a female, what I mind is that Rey is a god ****ing awful character. A pestilence for star wars. Worst thing since Jar Jar.

And it's also great how it's just ANH again.

Zenwolf
Eh I didn't see it as ANH, similarities but it didn't capture any of the charm imo.

FreshestSlice
That's because it was just exactly the same thing over again with a new paintjob. No one wants to pay $5 for a new skin on their assault rifle like this is an Activision game.

quanchi112
Can't wait for Kurk's reaction when the gays invade the SW movies. smile Kurk seems pretty moronic tbh.

quanchi112
Tell her about Revan. smile thumb up

quanchi112
I've only seen Into Darkness, it was boring as ****. I thought because Star Trek is boring, but after TFA maybe it was because of JJ mmm WTF did you just say ?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by quanchi112
Kurk seems pretty moronic tbh. Indeed. smile

Flyattractor
facepalm

My fav response ..

Ziggystardust
Rey was indeed an awful character, and a highly unlikable one at that.

S_W_LeGenD
Tell her about Revan. smile
http://replygif.net/i/378.gif

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Sel, I'm going out with a girl tomorrow.

mmm Not sure whether to gaww over this or feel sorry for the girl.

Nah jk. Congrats Ant, try not to be nervous bud

DarthAnt66
http://nghconsultinghypnotistireland.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Hypnosis-Stress-Management-Cork-Ireland-11.jpg

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

laughing out loud

---

Relax, my friend. This date is not the end of the world for you. smile

If you two have similar hobbies and interests than you two would have a lot to talk. Enjoy the experience. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Zenwolf
TR-8R is the real hero. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://nghconsultinghypnotistireland.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Hypnosis-Stress-Management-Cork-Ireland-11.jpg

thumb up you're totally ****ed. smile

cs_zoltan
Take some emergency chloroform and you'll be fine.

Emperordmb
Take some emergency chloroform and you'll be fine.
thumb up best advice on this whole thread

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
She's probably a 4 anyways. wink

Ziggystardust
What an off-topic abomination.

Ant, prepare to get stood up.

Emperordmb
Assuming this goes well... we'll still get to hear Ant's panic when there's a time where she inevitably doesn't text him for two days and he starts freaking out tbh

|King Joker|
No, she seems very sweet and pretty. smile

Still nothing compared to me, though. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If this is the same girl that ant showed me, then yeah, it's a 4-5. smile

|King Joker|
What color was her hair? smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
She's a brunette. smile

|King Joker|
Okay, different *****. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ant told you but not me? I'm mad now. smile

|King Joker|
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ant told you but not me? I'm mad now. smile I don't know, but we are baes, so. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I thought u were an homo smile

Not an pedo smilesmilesmile

|King Joker|
I like them when they're still tight. smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Wet smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

Beniboybling
Lmao

FreshestSlice
She's probably still around the same level of attractiveness. Looks aren't everything when you only care about what they are as a person.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ant's pretty dumb, isn't he? smile

|King Joker|
She's a cutie, tho. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
How do you know? Show me. smile

|King Joker|
You'll have to get the various pictures through Ant, I'm afraid. smile

DarthAnt66
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif I am god.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ant, send them or die. smilesmile

Selenial

FreshestSlice

ILS
This and the plot ruined it for me. It's not like the two main characters (a girl and african american) were casually introduced with some logic behind it, instead they awkwardly shoved down our throats with no logical reasoning whatsoever. Rey somehow defeats Ren with no experience wielding a lightsaber before that point or formally training in the force. Phasma is the female commander of the elite storm troopers, the main antagonist is white. There are plenty of articles on it.

I really hope they don't do this against with Rogue One or Episode VIII but I already know they will.

No one wants politics integrated into Star Wars or any movie for that matter. This is the most clinically retarded piece of hamster shit I have had the displeasure of reading in recent times.

I miss anything over the past 5 pages?

Kurk
Originally posted by ILS
This is the most clinically retarded piece of hamster shit I have had the displeasure of reading in recent times.

I miss anything over the past 5 pages? read the article I linked

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
She's probably still around the same level of attractiveness. Looks aren't everything when you only care about what they are as a person.

Slice, your human side is showing again.

@Ant getting nervous is gonna make weirder lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.