Why was Tenacious D disliked by Critics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I have it in my Top 40 movies ever, I think its an awesome movie.

Jmanghan
The Tenacious movie, I mean.

Dreampanther
Don't know about critics, but personally I'm not a big fan of what I call "stupid comedy" movies, which rely on their characters being idiots to be funny. Zoolander, Tenacious D, Dumb and Dumber, Step Brothers, Ron Burgundy... I just don't find them very funny so I mostly avoid them. The only reason I watched Tenacious D was because I was impressed by Jack Black's passion for music. I still don't like the movie, but I'm glad I saw it just for that final battle against the devil - that was a kickass song.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Don't know about critics, but personally I'm not a big fan of what I call "stupid comedy" movies, which rely on their characters being idiots to be funny. Zoolander, Tenacious D, Dumb and Dumber, Step Brothers, Ron Burgundy... I just don't find them very funny so I mostly avoid them. The only reason I watched Tenacious D was because I was impressed by Jack Black's passion for music. I still don't like the movie, but I'm glad I saw it just for that final battle against the devil - that was a kickass song.

Agreed on the song part.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.