The Great Wall

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
6SKI9rgqFck

As visually stunning as I expect this to be i forsee getting the same kind of reception as films like Season of the Witch and The Last Knights.

Robtard
Damon being in it has me intrigued, but did he owe someone a favor? Cos he's probably not hurting for money.

jaden101
Originally posted by Robtard
Damon being in it has me intrigued, but did he owe someone a favor? Cos he's probably not hurting for money.

It's a really odd choice but then so was Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai.

Don't know what to make of it at all. Time will tell.

Inhuman
So Damon is the last chinaman now?

Dreampanther
Looks cool. I'll watch it. More kaiju!

dynamix
zhang yimou has a good track record, so i'm pretty optimistic about this.

BruceSkywalker
saw this before Jason Bourne came on...

this looks horrible

Kazenji
Zhang Yimou addresses the whitewashing controversy circling The Great Wall

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/zhang-yimou-addresses-the-whitewashing-controversy-circling-the-great-wall-145

Ascendancy
Wouldn't it be crazy if people actually watched movies before blasting them into oblivion over racial/social/other issues that they have no context for because they haven't seen the films? I mean, there was foolishness with Tropic Thunder and none of it was warranted.

If anything with these films, it's the historical inaccuracy that should be getting people riled up. I'm not saying it's an issue in this film, just that some of these period pieces take so much liberty that it hurts the brain at times.

Mindset
Looks like shit

jaden101
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Wouldn't it be crazy if people actually watched movies before blasting them into oblivion over racial/social/other issues that they have no context for because they haven't seen the films? I mean, there was foolishness with Tropic Thunder and none of it was warranted.

If anything with these films, it's the historical inaccuracy that should be getting people riled up. I'm not saying it's an issue in this film, just that some of these period pieces take so much liberty that it hurts the brain at times.

You mean giant dragon monsters didn't really attack China?

Kazenji
guMEtZDo8_I

Zack M
Originally posted by Mindset
Looks like shit

quanchi112
I will see this. Golgo, you're the worst.

Patient_Leech
This looks hilariously bad. I hope to see it ironically with friends at the cheap theater.

And Willem Dafoe is in it, too which is an added bonus. thumb up

jaden101
So this was as expected. Great visuals and costumes but a flat and pointless story. It was also too short as it could've benefitted from more battles. It probably needed more money thrown at it too because as good as much of the visuals were I felt that other were deliberately shrouded in smoke and fog to avoid needed more money spent on them much in the same way as Assassins Creed did.

Kento
I really liked the movie... Also Oberyn Martell was my favorite part of the movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.