Anakin Skywalker vs Cin Drallig - Examination and Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Here's a brief reexamination of Anakin Skywalker's duel with Cin Drallig.

The full exchange is again stated here:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-LszT3ACehfo/V5rXiiPQjrI/AAAAAAAAA_I/LzB9R__o2YQX-9X6U3TmRKEfZijEFm2tQCCo/s530/vader.PNG

And visibly seen in the film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RTtst_ebcA&t=2h04m21s

The film visibly shows Skywalker slashing Cin Drallig's shoulder here:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Qxj91aVwyjQ/V5rZg2m3V8I/AAAAAAAAA_Y/GaZyu08XpUMKyJ49IJglZzfQy0ap9aoRwCCo/s418/drallig.png

So, Anakin Skywalker killed Cin Drallig in two to three strikes with one hand.

And, let's just look over what he brings to the table:

So, even if you want to discredit one source as not being accurate, numerous sources highlight Cin Drallig as a B-Team or greater combatant.

Also, he's a greater lightsaber combatant than Shaak Ti, as stated here:

http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11117/111178634/5035324-temples+finest+swordsman.png

Obviously note Shaak Ti was inside the Jedi Temple and fighting the defenses, as stated here:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tUDRcqIesX8/V5rdMDEolJI/AAAAAAAAA_0/bEUg5wCt-NoP5C2Myy7xN91vQ8SzbzwfQCL0B/w510-h200-no/drallig.png

And Shaak Ti obviously has impressive feats, which are well known, and accolades, with some posted below:

http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11117/111178634/5115456-shaak+ti+1.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-H_H1nvdEQ0c/V5reHPixZeI/AAAAAAAABAA/qXEWyb-VW7cBg2Mz3lr37WEv2QIXJFZ_QCCo/s380/drallig.png

This is direct proof Anakin Skywalker is capable of two-shotting the likes of Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, Cin Drallig, etc. in a pure lightsaber battle.

That's a level of skill that puts him directly up with the foremost swordsmasters in the mythos, like Palpatine, Yoda, and Luke Skywalker.

Dismissing a top-rate Jedi swordsmaster like that is vastly beyond Dooku's capabilities. It's vastly beyond Mace Windu. It's vastly beyond Darth Vader.

And really, it shouldn't be much of a surprise. Let's take a look at this quote:

And this is further enforced by the following quote:

The first quote directly attributes Luke Skywalker's innate potential as a central reason for being capable of directly matching Darth Vader in combat. When one considers how vastly greater Anakin Skywalker's potential is (on par with the anchorites), it's frighteningly clear how skilled he really is. By the time of his final fight with Dooku or Cin Drallig, Anakin Skywalker is the foremost duelist on Djem So with years of combat experience. The text makes note that against Obi-Wan Kenobi alone, the two have spent "thousands of hours" sparring together. But further yet, his skills, which are already among the best, is rooted in the greatest pool of power the galaxy has ever known - power certainly relevant to the scene of the battlefield. In the fight with Dooku, Skywalker shows virtually unlimited strength, capable of simply growing more and more powerful without backing down or tiring. The text also conveys the image that his raw physical strength is greater than anything Dooku has ever encountered - which includes Grievous, Mace Windu, and yes, Yoda. Simply comparing those three performances against what Anakin Skywalker displayed against Dooku makes clear that what he did on the Invisible Hand was absolutely ridiclous. He outright and indisputably humiliated a Mace Windu-tier combatant into submission. Yes, Dooku did gain the advantage due to Dun Moch, but that isn't an indication of skill, so the point's mute to what I'm trying to argue.

Anakin Skywalker is quite possibly the most powerful Jedi to have ever lived - it's time we begin to accept it.

Unlimited power. Unlimited strength. Unlimited speed. Unlimited skill.

TheNuisanceBird
Once again Ant you deliver with perfection. I wanna see Balta's reaction to this.

"This is Anakin Skywalker, the most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation." - ROTS Novelization.

Zenwolf
Where you seeing in the vid Anakin kill Cin? We don't see that, the image you noted, they clashed blades before it switched scenes.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Where you seeing in the vid Anakin kill Cin? We don't see that, the image you noted, they clashed blades before it switched scenes.

I provided a still with his lightsaber explicitly going through Cin Drallig's shoulder.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Qxj91aVwyjQ/V5rZg2m3V8I/AAAAAAAAA_Y/GaZyu08XpUMKyJ49IJglZzfQy0ap9aoRwCCo/s418/drallig.png

Zenwolf
That's Cin's blade not Anakin's.

DarthAnt66
No it's not. You see Drallig's lightsaber above - visibly green and attached to his arm.

Zenwolf
Wait I see, but it's not showing the blade cut through Cin's shoulder, Anakin's blade is just lowered, the hologram isn't showing the death. In fact when the scene switches to Yoda, you do hear more sounds of lightsaber clashing.

But the hologram moves too quickly to really tell much of anything, I'm not seeing the hack in the shoulder really.

DarthAnt66
No, it's visibly through him:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hK1IzdYavY0/V5rq1dRPu3I/AAAAAAAABA4/3iCF8v2aHQQJtB4-QnOV17jEgUQPvT6EACCo/s589/green.png

Especially considering Skywalker's arm being stretched out far right.

He's spearing his lightsaber through the side of Drallig's chest.

EDIT: It's then followed by this:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-X1_CZsuUCA0/V5rrqheZtDI/AAAAAAAABBI/8SPolbnXBi4bgMVh1q1a74Pa5AK5DvAlACCo/s364/drallig.PNG

Zenwolf
That's just the hologram image.

DarthAnt66

DarthAnt66
That's just the hologram image.
No shit.

Trocity
Yeah, Ant is correct. Cin's arms are up, his saber angled down to block. Anakin's is going through him. thumb up

Zenwolf
Because it's a hologram, it's not completely solid, so of course it would look like it went through him.

I'm not saying he didn't kill him, but I'm not seeing it on screen there. If you can that's fine, but I can't really see it.

Any rate, a moot point, he died anyway. I'm just not seeing it on screen.

DarthAnt66
The novel directly tells us what happens anyway. erm

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The novel directly tells us what happens anyway. erm

I know.

Jmanghan
Because it's a hologram, it's not completely solid, so of course it would look like it went through him.

I'm not saying he didn't kill him, but I'm not seeing it on screen there. If you can that's fine, but I can't really see it.

Any rate, a moot point, he died anyway. I'm just not seeing it on screen.

The holograms copy exactly what is seen, what you are arguing is that the hologram was glitched during the fight to show the saber going through Cin, but something like that wouldn't happen when hologram's like that are the equivalent of Earth's security cameras.

On top of that, the mountains of evidence support what is seen on the hologram.

Whether or not its Solid is moot because the lightsabers aren't visibly see-through.

DarthAnt66
While I appreciate the support, let's focus on the main ideas of the thread rather than a pixelated hologram. wink

Like I said, the novel tells what happens anyway.

chingchangwalla
Nah don't care. Drallig got smoked

SunRazer
Cin got stomped, but wasn't there a source stating that he was fighting clones at the same time?

Total Warrior
In the movie scene you can still hear the noise of lightsaber strikes after the movie focuses on Obi's reaction to the hologram. If Drallig was dead, who was Ani fighting against?

DarthAnt66
The hundreds of other Jedi in the temple?

Total Warrior
But there was no other Jedi in that room beside Cin and his padawans

Beniboybling
Wolf is right tbh, if you pay attention to the hologram Anakin's blade is actually furthest, in-front of Drallig's, having just being deflected by a block - the clash of their blades being audible. The hologram just makes it look like it's going through him. The fact that you can still hear their lightsabers clashing afterwards despite their being no Jedi immediately present reinforcing this. So it's likely the Legends interpretation is wrong here. Regardless assuming Cin died in that exchange it appeared to last no more than 8 seconds.

However though Drallig may have been the finest swordsman present, there is no evidence to suggest he rivals Ti or the B-Team in Force power. He's never been considered in their league before, so I don't know why we're starting now. Instead given that this isn't Vader's Canon prime, he's clearly outclassed in that regard, and incapable of competing with Anakin's Force strength & speed, hence the blitz.

More compelling evidence being that despite having just witnessed this, Yoda has no qualms in dispatching Kenobi to kill Vader. Despite telling him that he is not "strong enough" to face Darth Sidious. Whereas by the logic of the OP, Yoda would be knowingly sending Kenobi to his death - arguably better off against the Emperor. It just doesn't hold water. And as for those who have forgotten:Originally posted by Beniboybling
"This is Vader in his prime. You've got to remember how far we've come from the character when he was Anakin, he has so buried the good person that he was. There's no reason for it to come out yet until he get's exposed to Luke." -- Pablo Hidalgo, Rebels Recon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTkd0MKEm2I&t=2m12s Pack it up Anakin brigade, this party's over. smile

FreshestSlice
You should stick to bitching with AP, Beni.

Beniboybling
AP is a member of this brigade, why do you think I'm here. smile

FreshestSlice
AP isn't a member of the Brigade just because she's a wanker. Now, I suggest you leave before things get ugly, fam.

DarthAnt66
I'd say it's the best time for Beni to be here when things get ugly.

A higher chance of his death. thumb up

Beniboybling
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
AP isn't a member of the Brigade just because she's a wanker. Now, I suggest you leave before things get ugly, fam. Why have you replaced her?

But nah I'm looking forward to whatever weak response the opposition can muster. smile

TheNuisanceBird
Pablo Hidalgo be a fat *ss woodchuck.

|King Joker|
That's not very nice. smile

Ziggystardust
"The preceding paragraph is all stuff I just made up. But it's canonical now."

- Pablo Hidalgo

Beniboybling
So when are things getting ugly? My popcorn's going stale.

FreshestSlice
Who even cares? Anakin is Yoda level. Vader is Sidious level. This was already known. thumb up

Beniboybling
Fair. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Fresh just wanks Anakin because he wants to wank Vader. Despicable.

FreshestSlice
I grew up with RotS the video game, you asswipe. I wank Anakin because of that hair.

Zenwolf
That game was pretty good, better than any other movie games I've played or seen and just about all of em were terrible or just meh. Quite an achievement there.

Selenial
I really wish that game was on Steam. I used to have it on PS2...

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nerd smile

Total Warrior
I'm still playing that game on my old ps2, i keep playing the level where Anakin kills all the jedi in the temple. That one is the funniest imo

ares834
Who even cares? Anakin is Yoda level. Vader is Sidious level. This was already known. thumb up

yes

AncientPower
AP isn't a member of the Brigade just because she's a wanker. Now, I suggest you leave before things get ugly, fam.

NewGuy personally invited me and Ant seconded it.

NewGuy01
I did? Here I thought it was the other way around.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by AncientPower
NewGuy personally invited me and Ant seconded it.
You want me to believe Ant approved of you in anything? http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/3024136639.gif

AncientPower
Your assumptions are amusing.

AncientPower
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I did? Here I thought it was the other way around.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Nice avatar. Welcome to the team. smile

thumb up All aboard the Skywalker train.

FreshestSlice
You're a part of the Legion, not a member of the brigade. They aren't remotely the same thing. No one who likes Kun could ever be one of us. uhuh

AncientPower
That's why Ant has Knightfall Vader > Kun ~ Revan > Post-Mustafar Vader? laughing out loud

DarthAnt66
Freshest, we should accept all students of The Book into the brigade.

Revan and Kun aren't relevant anymore. There is only the Chosen One.

AncientPower
thumb up As endlessly amusing as your signature is, Ant, you need to represent the most skilled Sith in history.

DarthAnt66
True. thumb up I'll work on a sig and avatar now.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Stop pretending that Anakin Skywalker is actually powerful.

AncientPower
More powerful than your Outlander. laughing out loud

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
My Outlander? Oh Jesus.

More like my Beyonder. My Molecule Man. My Mxyzptlk. My Lucifer Morningstar.

Weakling. smile

AncientPower
Only a weakling resorts to cross-universe. whistle

Jmanghan
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
My Outlander? Oh Jesus.

More like my Beyonder. My Molecule Man. My Mxyzptlk. My Lucifer Morningstar.

Weakling. smile Beyonder sucks.

TOAA one-shots.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Only a weakling resorts to cross-universe. whistle

Well you'll just have to accept that Valkorion and Outlander aren't mine. I'll stick with people like The Presence and Lucifer Morningstar. Y'know, actually powerful, compelling characters. A guy who can beat up an old man with a curved red glow stick does not fit either bill. smile

@Jmanghan: Not The Presence tho

AncientPower
I find it funny that you state this whilst making a Valk vs Skywalker thread. rolling on floor laughing

Jmanghan
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well you'll just have to accept that Valkorion and Outlander aren't mine. I'll stick with people like The Presence and Lucifer Morningstar. Y'know, actually powerful, compelling characters. A guy who can beat up an old man with a curved red glow stick does not fit either bill. smile

@Jmanghan: Not The Presence tho You're right

Presence two-shots.

GG

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No I meant that Presence = TOAA.

And AP, it's to show how far Skywalker is from, y'know, actually being powerful.

AncientPower
He is though, Knightfall Vader is Palps tier.

Knightfall Vader ~ The Emperor > Valkorion.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You just said that Palps tier = powerful.

AncientPower
He's the embodiment of power. yes

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
C'mon now. We all know that title is reserved for the God Emperor of Mankind. smile

FreshestSlice
Freshest, we should accept all students of The Book into the brigade.

Revan and Kun aren't relevant anymore. There is only the Chosen One.
Kun wank is the unforgivable sin.
That's why Ant has Knightfall Vader > Kun ~ Revan > Post-Mustafar Vader? laughing out loud
Placements have nothing to do with active wanking. uhuh

But I will put my differences aside until the threat of Zonakin-lowballing is defeated once and for all.

Beniboybling
He is though, Knightfall Vader is Palps tier.

Knightfall Vader ~ The Emperor > Valkorion. He's referring to the future dear i.e.

"Lord Vader will become more powerful than either of us!"

AncientPower
Ever the fool.

Beniboybling
Quite, I suggest sticking to the Kun wank.

AncientPower
If you think either me or Skillz are being serious, you're a legit moron.

Beniboybling
With you friend, anything is possible. smile

AncientPower
With you, I know every post I make is going to be the center of your existential crisis. rolling on floor laughing

chingchangwalla
Vitiate was the embodiment of the darkside not Sheev IMO.

Selenial
Originally posted by Beniboybling
He's referring to the future dear i.e.

"Lord Vader will become more powerful than either of us!"

no

smile

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Vitiate was the embodiment of the darkside not Sheev IMO.
Good thing your opinion doesn't matter.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
More powerful than your Outlander. laughing out loud

No.

Ziggystardust
Ghey thread is ghey

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Outlander vs Yoda should be a thing. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.