Deathstroke in Hercules' body Vs World War Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
No prep.
No BFR.
DS is used to The body he's in.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Kxxo4JuzvNE/hqdefault.jpg

Sin I AM
Soooooo ds with class 100 strength? Meh I'll still give it to Bruce. Even if he's used to the body he's still not use to that degree of punishment.

Pillow Biter
Bruce would still **** him up. Deathstroke is less skilled than Hercules. He has the advantage of his amped tactical mind, but then again, Hercules is a God with tons of experience.

This probably goes even better for the Hulk.

Do remember that by and large, everyone's displayed "skill" tends to decrease as they get more powerful. Just another comic convention.

Sin I AM
He's not less skilled

deathslash
Originally posted by Sin I AM
He's not less skilled didn't herc match Elekra in a sword fight and beat on the hobgoblin?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by deathslash
didn't herc match Elekra in a sword fight and beat on the hobgoblin?

Lol at hobgoblin but I'd like to see the Elektra fight

Cogito
didn't herc match Elekra in a sword fight and beat on the hobgoblin? Nothing Slade couldn't do

deathslash
Originally posted by Cogito
Nothing Slade couldn't do without his super serum? Cause herc did it without his powers.

deathslash
Lol at hobgoblin but I'd like to see the Elektra fight http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/4936077.html?style=light&thread=155116173

There you go.

Sin I AM
Yea I seen it. Herc had a magic sword that could cut thru anything and a magic shield that could block anything. Meh.

carver9
Yea I seen it. Herc had a magic sword that could cut thru anything and a magic shield that could block anything. Meh.

So if you were giving those items, you could hang with Elektra?

deathslash
Originally posted by carver9
So if you were giving those items, you could hang with Elektra? it would definitely require a good amount of skill to do that.

Also, I'm wondering sin, why is hanging with hobgoblin not a good feat?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Bruce would still **** him up. Deathstroke is less skilled than Hercules. He has the advantage of his amped tactical mind, but then again, Hercules is a God with tons of experience.

This probably goes even better for the Hulk.

Do remember that by and large, everyone's displayed "skill" tends to decrease as they get more powerful. Just another comic convention.
Wut? Slade is far more skilled than Hercules. GTFO.

riv6672

Flawless Victory. laughing

Sin I AM

If i had those weapons id hang with Odin

it would definitely require a good amount of skill to do that.

Also, I'm wondering sin, why is hanging with hobgoblin not a good feat?

I didnt realize hobgoblin was a legit ma. Id love to see those scans

iceman24567
I would think Slade has the decisive edge in skill but i dont it would give him the majority here.

Sin I AM
Me either. Never seen a class 100 do backflips and shit save diana. They leave the circus stuff for the bush leagues

Khazra Reborn
Slade wins, Hulk would probably never lay a hand on him.

Pillow Biter
So you think Slade in Hercules' body is gonna fight just like he did as DS, but just hit harder? I don't think comics usually work that way.

iceman24567
So you think Slade in Hercules' body is gonna fight just like he did as DS, but just hit harder? I don't think comics usually work that way. This isnt a comic though no expression

deathslash
If i had those weapons id hang with Odin

I didnt realize hobgoblin was a legit ma. Id love to see those scans hobgoblin still hangs with spider-man. You know, spider-man? The guy that has the proportional speed and strength of a spider?

Pillow Biter
Originally posted by iceman24567
This isnt a comic though no expression

That's twice today people have told me that we don't rate fights the way writers do in the actual books. Has this board been invaded by time-traveling CBR posters from 12 years ago?

iceman24567
That's twice today people have told me that we don't rate fights the way writers do in the actual books. Has this board been invaded by time-traveling CBR posters from 12 years ago? WTF are you talking about?

Sin I AM
hobgoblin still hangs with spider-man. You know, spider-man? The guy that has the proportional speed and strength of a spider?

Which hobgoblin its like 8 of em? And yea parker is overrated

deathslash
Which hobgoblin its like 8 of em? And yea parker is overrated Jason macendale. The one with the sonic laugh power.

StiltmanFTW
Deathstroke is less skilled than Hercules.

lol

StiltmanFTW
Jason macendale. The one with the sonic laugh power.

Sonic laugh was actually one of the new Green Goblins' power. Who became Hobby much later.

You're thinking of Phil Urich.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sonic laugh was actually one of the new Green Goblins' power. Who became Hobby much later.

You're thinking of Phil Urich.

Wasnt he gutted by green goblin or something anyway

StiltmanFTW
A lot of stuff happened in Slott's run, I'm not sure.

What I do know is that super-laugh was Urich's trademark trick, not Macendale's...

Macendale was known for 2 things: making a deal with a demon and appearing in the 90s TAS. He was the first Goblin in that cartoon, before Norman even.

Khazra Reborn
Pretty sure Urich is Goblin Knight now, or whatever. He was Norman's second in command.

riv6672
Parker is overrated.

Well, thats the stupidest thing i've read this...lifetime. laughing

RadZoa
That's twice today people have told me that we don't rate fights the way writers do in the actual books. Has this board been invaded by time-traveling CBR posters from 12 years ago? Forums generally determine who would win by a characters capabilities and how they conduct themselves in a fight, ei mindset, morality, tactics that they use etc.

carver9
Originally posted by RadZoa
Forums generally determine who would win by a characters capabilities and how they conduct themselves in a fight, ei mindset, morality, tactics that they use etc.

And we use comics to determine that, not made up myths.

Sin I AM
A lot of stuff happened in Slott's run, I'm not sure.

What I do know is that super-laugh was Urich's trademark trick, not Macendale's...

Macendale was known for 2 things: making a deal with a demon and appearing in the 90s TAS. He was the first Goblin in that cartoon, before Norman even.

Macendale was demogoblin right? Meh too many goblins between Ulrich, Leeds who was goblin then wasnt then was hypnotized to believe he was, then lefty, thrn then the other kingsley, the the butler lol. Shitty character. The should've kept it a mystery.

Originally posted by riv6672
Parker is overrated.

Well, thats the stupidest thing i've read this...lifetime. laughing

He is...that's a fact

RadZoa
And we use comics to determine that, not made up myths. I know....I was referring to how writers would write a comic book rather than using feats and being in character.

I understand that you aren't very intelligent though Carver, so I forgive you.

Pillow Biter
Not quite clear what you are arguing, but it's a very important topic. Some people are sliding back into the old days where we imagine that if a character has used a certain ability once they will use it whenever it makes sense.

Pillow Biter
Now it all begins to9 make sense...I just looked at the Battlezone for the first time. It's truly 2002 Comic Book Resources Rumbles Board reincarnated. It's a crazy place with crazy rules. Doctor Strange and Wonder Woman are called MID Herald lol

All good as long as people keep that shit in THERE and not out here!

Sin I AM
Now it all begins to9 make sense...I just looked at the Battlezone for the first time. It's truly 2002 Comic Book Resources Rumbles Board reincarnated. It's a crazy place with crazy rules. Doctor Strange and Wonder Woman are called MID Herald lol

All good as long as people keep that shit in THERE and not out here!

You have a problem with the bz?

Pillow Biter
It's not how I like to think about comics--even for fun. But I realize that they know that what they are doing is divorced from comic reality. It's a way of making debates easier to arbitrate. So if that floats their boat, and they understand what it is that they are doing, go for it.

But I'd prefer if that mentality stays in the Battlezone. Out here, I like to discuss things from the perspective of how comics are actually written, even though that makes definitive, provable analysis much harder and everything fuzzier. But comics be fuzzy!

This whole thread is a good example of how fuzzy comics can be. The issue of skill levels as it pertains to streets vs. high ends is classic comics bullshit. Thor or a God of War will be said to be much more skilled than a street sometimes, and yet you rarely see it in action. It's a tough contradiction to deal with.

iceman24567
Pretty sure most of us place elite street level characters above somebody like Thor in skill erm

Pillow Biter
And in some ways, if we need a simplified call, I might agree. Not sure.

But underneath that simplification, it's actually a complex issue. In the old Marvel Superheroes Game, Hercules and Thor had significantly higher "Fighting" skill rankings than Captain America or Iron Fist.

It would be interesting to look at some examples of theoretically highly-skilled Herald-level characters when they are depowered. And elite streets when they have a temporary power up. I'm not sure we'd get anything decisive on the issue, but it might be illuminating .

I'm having trouble seeing a Slade who is transplanted into a Hercules body flipping around and fighting in his normal style.

Sin I AM
Pretty sure most of us place elite street level characters above somebody like Thor in skill erm

This. Anyone who says thor or ares is above Nightwing or Deathstroke h2h is an idiot and generally gets treated as such.

Pillow Biter
And yet is someone asked Wonder Woman or Batman in the comics who is more skilled at HTH: Orion or Nightwing, what would the answer be?

iceman24567
And yet is someone asked Wonder Woman or Batman in the comics who is more skilled at HTH: Orion or Nightwing, what would the answer be? We have the benefit of looking at the big picture and we already went threw extensive, debating, voting ect to come to a consensus years ago.

Pillow Biter
Sure. You had to make a call. It might be the right call. But it's still worth bearing in mind the Gordion Knot of contradictions you had to cut to make that call.

Sin I AM
And yet is someone asked Wonder Woman or Batman in the comics who is more skilled at HTH: Orion or Nightwing, what would the answer be?

Those answers are obvious

Pillow Biter
Really. What are they?

iceman24567
Those answers are obvious To us they are erm

Pillow Biter
Read what I said. I didn't say who we as readers ultimately feel is more skilled. I asked who Batman and Wonder Woman would say are more skiled.

iceman24567
Read what I said. I didn't say who we as readers ultimately feel is more skilled. I asked who Batman and Wonder Woman would say are more skiled. Well that depends on the writer and tbh writers can be the worst fanboys

Pillow Biter
Our job is not to make comics make more sense than they do, but rather to make as much sense of the comics as we can.

Sin I AM
Read what I said. I didn't say who we as readers ultimately feel is more skilled. I asked who Batman and Wonder Woman would say are more skiled.

It's not even that hard to guess. Just use h2h feats from both. It has nothing to do with fanboyism. Based on FEATS who is more skilled

riv6672
Macendale was demogoblin right? Meh too many goblins between Ulrich, Leeds who was goblin then wasnt then was hypnotized to believe he was, then lefty, thrn then the other kingsley, the the butler lol. Shitty character. The should've kept it a mystery.

He is...that's a fact
I'd acquiesce, but, i've never found your opinions to be facts.
I never will.

I fully expect the same of mine, which is why i put IMO/IMHO in a post when expressing mine.

Sin I AM
I'd acquiesce, but, i've never found your opinions to be facts.
I never will.

I fully expect the same of mine, which is why i put IMO/IMHO in a post when expressing mine.

Everything i stated was fact though so yea wrong again.

Sn adding imo is redundant when everything here is opinion based.

iceman24567
Pftt my opinion is always fact

StiltmanFTW

Was possessed by Demo, later Demo became a completely separate entity with its own body and a fiery glider, iirc...

Way too many Goblins. And that's not even counting extras like Gray Goblin or Menace.

Sin I AM
Pftt my opinion is always fact

Ikr...damn noobs

leonidas
And in some ways, if we need a simplified call, I might agree. Not sure.

But underneath that simplification, it's actually a complex issue. In the old Marvel Superheroes Game, Hercules and Thor had significantly higher "Fighting" skill rankings than Captain America or Iron Fist.

It would be interesting to look at some examples of theoretically highly-skilled Herald-level characters when they are depowered. And elite streets when they have a temporary power up. I'm not sure we'd get anything decisive on the issue, but it might be illuminating .

I'm having trouble seeing a Slade who is transplanted into a Hercules body flipping around and fighting in his normal style.

we saw a depowered herc do well in a fight against hulk, but ultimately get beaten down. he had some very good displays of skill while he was mortal. i think a lot of it boils down to styles. martian styles have evolved considerably over the last couple millennia. thor and herc may well have mastered different/older styles, but i don't think those more simplistic (??) styles can match up to some of the combination of styles that guys like iron fist for example, practice for hours daily to learn. i don't think i've ever seen thor or herc for that matter, really 'train' in the way guys like cap or fist or batman do. even ww trains with regularity in her books over the years.

i think slade in herc's body would do better than herc would normally do, but largely because of his tactical mind. even banner suggested herc was one of the few capable of stopping him. could he beat hulk? maybe. he's battled evenly with hulk a number of times so it's certainly possible, but wwh was much stronger than any previous incarnation. i don't think an increase in skill and brain power would be enough to get him too many wins, but it would make the fight interesting as hell imo.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
he's battled evenly with hulk a number of times so it's certainly possible

Whenever people say that, I can't help but see Hulk kicking him and calling "Skirt-Man"... or Herc needing help from an entire team(s)...

Sin I AM
Was possessed by Demo, later Demo became a completely separate entity with its own body and a fiery glider, iirc...

Way too many Goblins. And that's not even counting extras like Gray Goblin or Menace.

Forgot about those two. So its Harry, Norman, Phil, Kingsley, Kingsley brother, Menace, Flash (i think he was framed or brainwashed), Grey Goblin (who is Gwens kid right?), Leeds, kingsleys butler lol, Normans psychiatrist, im sure im missing one. Surprised there isn't a female one. But yea all are exceptional h2h combatants > deathstroke

StiltmanFTW
Forgot about those two. So its Harry, Norman, Phil, Kingsley, Kingsley brother, Menace, Flash (i think he was framed or brainwashed), Grey Goblin (who is Gwens kid right?), Leeds, kingsleys butler lol, Normans psychiatrist, im sure im missing one. Surprised there isn't a female one. But yea all are exceptional h2h combatants > deathstroke

Menace is a female one.

I don't feel like listing them all, gives me a headache. Yeah, Gabriel was Gwen's and Norman's son.

Sin I AM
Menace was female? I didnt think it was revealed. I hope it Wasnt gwen

StiltmanFTW
It was. She even got pregnant.

Lily Hollister.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d5/Lilyhollister.PNG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menace_(Marvel_Comics)

Sin I AM
It was. She even got pregnant.

Lily Hollister.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d5/Lilyhollister.PNG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menace_(Marvel_Comics)

Lame as hell. Phuck u marvel

iceman24567
I remember that garbage erm

leonidas
Whenever people say that, I can't help but see Hulk kicking him and calling "Skirt-Man"... or Herc needing help from an entire team(s)...

lol

when was this? oh wait, was that in the video game? herc's history with hulk is pretty good. they battled evenly in champions, their first ever meeting wayy back was a great fight as well. they met briefly when hulk was prof hulk and things were even there as well. as far as pure bricks go, you'd be hard pressed finding one who has done as consistently well against hulk as herc has.

StiltmanFTW
Lame as hell. Phuck u marvel

I remember that garbage erm

One thing I really liked about Menace was that she went Morlun on Puny Pete and beat the living shit out of him smile

Funny how they weren't sure who the father was... Norman or Harry laughing out loud Goblin family pathology at its finest, lulz.

Sin I AM
Yea that's that bs after omd garbage. They even tried making mj relevant by giving her powers

riv6672
Everything i stated was fact though...

...everything here is opinion based.

What a maroon. laughing

StiltmanFTW
lol

when was this? oh wait, was that in the video game? herc's history with hulk is pretty good. they battled evenly in champions, their first ever meeting wayy back was a great fight as well. they met briefly when hulk was prof hulk and things were even there as well. as far as pure bricks go, you'd be hard pressed finding one who has done as consistently well against hulk as herc has.

No, not the video game... even though he does call Herc skirt-man there, too... older comic, can't recall what it was anymore. Leaderslair site had Hulk's greatest battles listed and described in detail (including those against Herc), but it died.

Brb. Gonna check out ODG's thread.

StiltmanFTW
as far as pure bricks go, you'd be hard pressed finding one who has done as consistently well against hulk as herc has.

That's going too far, imo.

Namor and Thor seem to do much better.

StiltmanFTW
F*ck ODG, he didn't include that epic battle in the thread.

leonidas
namor underwater beat hulk, but...he's at something of an advantage there. and thor WITH hammer does better. without the hammer it didn't go all that well....lol i don't consider thor a brick at all though. he often fights like one, but he is STILL constantly hitting with the hammer. even that is a large advantage. and even WITH the hammer hulk has beaten him and thor's only wins come via the hammer. hulk hasn't beaten herc straight up except when he was mortal, which, oddly, was one of herc's best showings....

Sin I AM
Namor faced hulk in the past decade? I would have like to have seen PF Namor vs Hulk

riv6672
That's going too far, imo.

Namor and Thor seem to do much better.
How about The Thing?

StiltmanFTW
he often fights like one, but he is STILL constantly hitting with the hammer. even that is a large advantage.

Man, you don't know how lucky you are that Rage doesn't post here anymore.

He'd call his thorbag gang and visit you in your house laughing out loud He always had this obsession about Thor's fists being equal to Mjolnir, striking-wise.

How about The Thing?

Had a good start iirc, but poor track record overall.

StiltmanFTW
Yea that's that bs after omd garbage. They even tried making mj relevant by giving her powers

What was her superhero name? Jackpot?

Namor faced hulk in the past decade? I would have like to have seen PF Namor vs Hulk

Don't recall, but they had plenty of battles (resulting mostly in stalemates)...

leonidas

He'd call his thorbag gang and visit you in your house laughing out loud He always had this obsession about Thor's fists being equal to Mjolnir, striking-wise.

lol i know he did, but i always thought that was bullsh!t.

StiltmanFTW
Same here.

abhilegend
F*ck ODG, he didn't include that epic battle in the thread.
Its from Giant Size Hulk 1 in 2006.

riv6672

Had a good start iirc, but poor track record overall.
Its one of the best of the old school MU rivalries.
-shrug-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.