What the U.S. could learn from the Polish education system

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/08/12/ozy-polish-education-system/13949837/

An interesting take on the comparison of Polish and American education systems:

krisblaze
6 3 3 sounds like every other school in europe, am I mistaken?

Stigma

krisblaze
Germany underwent similar circumstances and landed on more or lesd the same system, albeit after a slump in the 90s.

America introduced the 6 3 3 track + vocational split in Japan during the postwar period, so I think theyre familiar with it.

What is it that America needs to learn from the "polish" system?

Stigma
Originally posted by krisblaze
Germany underwent similar circumstances and landed on more or lesd the same system, albeit after a slump in the 90s.

America introduced the 6 3 3 track + vocational split in Japan during the postwar period, so I think theyre familiar with it.

What is it that America needs to learn from the "polish" system?
In case of Germany it is only partially true. West Germany was prosperous, while its communist brother East Germany was in similar position as communist Poland. However, West Germany was like twice the size of East Germany so I imagine the transition was easier after they merged, rather than like in case of Poland, the whole country was ruined by communism.

Don't know about Japan, so no comment.

As for the question. Maybe you tell me? wink I hope the article may bring forth some discussion.

But what immediately comes to mind is the fact that, as the article says, despite spending three times less money on a student, Poland outperforms the US.

Thus, what the US could learn is more effective fiscal policy when it comes to education.

I am sure there are other things to be taken from the Polish success story in that area.

Adam Grimes
If you are the result of said system then nothing, thanks.

Stigma
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
If you are the result of said system then nothing, thanks. Meh. You could do better. As far as mean comments go 5/10 thumb up

Robtard
Is the correct answer to the thread "nothing"?

Stigma
Originally posted by Robtard
Is the correct answer to the thread "nothing"?
LOL

Originally posted by Stigma
But what immediately comes to mind is the fact that, as the article says, despite spending three times less money on a student, Poland outperforms the US.

Thus, what the US could learn is more effective fiscal policy when it comes to education.
thumb up

Muchislover
I would there is something new must be included in the education system to improve the education for the students.I have tried to find out the best solution for the 642-887 Exam Dumps information for the computer education for better understanding.

Bentley
Stigma was fun. I kind of miss the guy

Putinbot1
He still posts just not in the GDF, I always saw him as Surt light with a better Education.

Bentley
Originally posted by Putinbot1
He still posts just not in the GDF, I always saw him as Surt light with a better Education.

I thought that was DDM's description shifty

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Bentley
I thought that was DDM's description shifty No DDM is his own creation, and often contrary for the sake of being obdurate.

mike brown
In 1970, in response to the news that the United States had landed on the moon, the Polish government announced they had plans to out do NASA and land one of their own astronauts on the sun.

When critics remarked skeptically that they would burn up before they ever reached the surface, the Polish government responded "we're going at night."

TempAccount
Education system in US is too decentralized for any meaningful changes to occur outside the state level.

You have kids in Alabama barely passing Algebra while Californians students might have a familiarity with calculus by the time they graduate.

My suggestion would be:

1. Schools need to start operating year round. Maybe not all at once but start extending the school year into the summer. In exchange shorten the total time spent in school by a year.

2. Stop with the infinite amount of useless standardized tests

3. Cut out the bullshit

Surtur
Originally posted by TempAccount
Education system in US is too decentralized for any meaningful changes to occur outside the state level.

You have kids in Alabama barely passing Algebra while Californians students might have a familiarity with calculus by the time they graduate.

My suggestion would be:

1. Schools need to start operating year round. Maybe not all at once but start extending the school year into the summer. In exchange shorten the total time spent in school by a year.

2. Stop with the infinite amount of useless standardized tests

3. Cut out the bullshit

Folk should stop shitting on charter schools too.

eThneoLgrRnae
Centralizing schools is the complete oposite of what should be done. F*** public schools in general and f*** 'Comon Core'. thumb up

If that offends Kirk or any other moron well then that's just too damn bad. Kirk's opinion on these issues like this is why I laugh to myself when he tries to pretend he's a conservative or even just part of the real right in general though he may very well be part of the racist alt-right.

One more time just for you Kirk, so you get the message loud and clear: F*** Common Core, f*** big government, f*** centralizing schools, f*** forced vaccinations, f*** abortions, f*** gun resistration/control, and f*** your idol Niezche (or however you spell that p-o-s german's name).

You're not a real right-winger so quit f***ing pretending like you are.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Centralizing schools is the complete oposite of what should be done. F*** public schools in general and f*** 'Comon Core'. thumb up

If that offends Kirk or any other moron well then that's just too damn bad. Kirk's opinion on these issues like this is why I laugh to myself when he tries to pretend he's a conservative or even just part of the real right in general. How about evolution, should that be taught in schools friend.

shiv
Originally posted by mike brown
In 1970, in response to the news that the United States had landed on the moon, the Polish government announced they had plans to out do NASA and land one of their own astronauts on the sun.

When critics remarked skeptically that they would burn up before they ever reached the surface, the Polish government responded "we're going at night."

It was a joke.

eThneoLgrRnae

If that offends Kirk or any other moron well then that's just too damn bad. Kirk's opinion on these issues like this is why I laugh to myself when he tries to pretend he's a conservative or even just part of the real right in general though he may very well be part of the racist alt-right.

One more time just for you Kirk, so you get the message loud and clear: F*** Common Core, f*** big government, f*** centralizing schools, f*** forced vaccinations, f*** abortions, f*** gun resistration/control, and f*** your idol Niezche (or however you spell that p-o-s german's name).

You're not a real right-winger so quit f***ing pretending like you are.

I bet Kirk supports disgusting Eugenics shit as well. Racist Margaret Sanger would be so proud. thumb up

TempAccount

You're not a real right-winger so quit f***ing pretending like you are. lol crack open a cold one and chill the hell out man.

Also hit up this Alabamian Ford dealer offering a free Bible, Shotgun, and American flag with any new or used vehicle purchase for 4th of July:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/alabama-car-dealership-offers-free-shotgun-bible-and-american-flag-to-customers-230134318.html

On topic though:

I'd like to hear what your plans would be for the Alabamian economy/schools in this age of globalism.

And you're right in saying I'm not a rightist

Putinbot1
As I've said with PISA, the US stands revealed. Lots of Americans don't like that and try and undermine PISA. But it's used for a reason.

Robtard
As I've said with PISA, the US stands revealed. Lots of Americans don't like that and try and undermine PISA. But it's used for a reason.

Because under PISA, the US is a middle of the road performer

Stigma's point was spot on though:

Originally posted by Stigma

I am sure there are other things to be taken from the Polish success story in that area.

Edit: Should be noted that Poland ranks pretty high under PISA.

Surtur
How about evolution, should that be taught in schools friend.

Of course it should be taught.

I never understood the resistance to evolution. I don't believe in God, but even I can recognize that evolution doesn't necessarily prove there is no God.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Of course it should be taught.

I never understood the resistance to evolution. I don't believe in God, but even I can recognize that evolution doesn't necessarily prove there is no God.

Because Theist do believe Evolution theory contradicts Creationism, as they beleive that God created man/woman and everything as it, so they can't accept the dual-concept belief that evolution happened but God set the mechanics in place.

eThneoLgrRnae
How about evolution, should that be taught in schools friend.

Nope. It's not actual science. Only type of so-called "evolution" that should be taught is micro-evolution which I don't really agree with that name because it's not evolution at all. It's just adaptations and variations within kinds. No new information is actually added. There certainly is zero evidence that a reptile ever became a bird or that a monkey or ape or whatever ever became a human. Zero..zilch. nada. NONE. Period. Taxpayers should not be forced to pay for that tax-funded religion. If someone wants to teach evolution to kids then they should start their own private school.

The subject of origins (whether creation or evolution) should not be taught in public tax-funded schools. The so-called "theory" of evolution has contributed absolutely nothing to real science...NOTHING. Charles Darwin was an epic-level loser who never had a real job so he studied birds and he stupidly thought that because birds had a common ancestor (which was an actual bird, btw) that it meant that all lifeforms are related. That's sheer lunacy. Nearly all of the major branches of science were started by a creationist.

The teaching that everything sprang into being from absolutely nothing in a "big bang" & that life somehow "scientifically" began from inorganic matter and that all life forms are related is the biggest hoax in the history of our planet (and no, I don't think it's billions of years old because the evidence actually indicates otherwise).

Not only is that "theory" dumb it's dangerous. Hitler, Mao, and Stalin were all ardent evolutionists and they actually thought that the mass murders they were commiting were helping the human race "evolve" by getting rid of all the so-called "inferior" people.

Surtur
Nope. It's not actual science. Only type of so-called "evolution" that should be taught is micro-evolution which I don't really agree with that name because it's not evolution at all. It's just adaptations and variations within kinds. No new information is actually added. There certainly is zero evidence that a reptile ever became a bird or that a monkey or ape or whatever ever became a human. Zero..zilch. nada. NONE. Period. Taxpayers should not be forced to pay for that tax-funded religion. If someone wants to teach evolution to kids then they should start their own private school.

The subject of origins (whether creation or evolution) should not be taught in public tax-funded schools. The so-called "theory" of evolution has contributed absolutely nothing to real science...NOTHING. Charles Darwin was an epic-level loser who never had a real job so he studied birds and he stupidly thought that because birds had a common ancestor (which was an actual bird, btw) that it meant that all lifeforms are related. That's sheer lunacy. Nearly all of the major branches of science were started by a creationist.

The teaching that everything sprang into being from absolutely nothing in a "big bang" & that life somehow "scientifically" began from inorganic matter and that all life forms are related is the biggest hoax in the history of our planet (and no, I don't think it's billions of years old because the evidence actually indicates otherwise).

But the oldest fossil is billions of years old.

http://www.oldest.org/animals/fossils/

gold slorg
**** poland

Surtur
Originally posted by gold slorg
**** poland

PC still unfinished?

Putinbot1

Not only is that "theory" dumb it's dangerous. Hitler, Mao, and Stalin were all ardent evolutionists and they actually thought that the mass murders they were commiting were helping the human race "evolve" by getting rid of all the so-called "inferior" people. "So called evolution", brilliant! **** facts amirite.

gold slorg
PC still unfinished? yes sad

eThneoLgrRnae
But the oldest fossil is billions of years old.

http://www.oldest.org/animals/fossils/

The dating method they use to date fossils is total BS. They date the fossils by the rock layer the fossil (they call it an "index fossil"wink is found in. Guess how they decide how old the rock layer is? By how old they say the fossil is lol. It's circular reasoning. It's like me saying the Bible is the Word of God and then someone asking me "well, how do you know?" and I answer "because the Bible itself says it is." I admit that is circular reasoning even though I fully believe it is the Word of God. The difference is I'm not trying to make taxpayers pay for what I believe to be taught in schools.

All the dating methods they use to date rocks are grossly inadequate. There's plenty examples of them throwing out the results of a dating method (like carbon dating, for example) they used on rocks if they later find out the rock was in a different rock layer than what the results of their tests indicated.

I don't really care to take the time to post all the examples of why the earth or the universe couldn't possibly be billions (or trillions) of years old but here are a few: comets still existing (everytime a comet passes the sun it loses a little bit of itself). Comets can't last billions or even just millions of years with that happening. Evolutionists have tried to explain this away by claiming there is an "Ort Cloud" (term they made up) somewhere outside of our solar system that is constantly making new comets lol. No one has ever actually observed this mythical "Ort Cloud" though.

The recession of the moon: The moon is not nearly far enough away from us for the earth to be billions of years old at the rate the moon is leaving us. Assuming the moon has been consistently leaving us at the same rate since the earth was formed it would've been right on top of us not much more than over a million years ago. The moon being in that close would've caused all kinds of problems because of the huge tides it would've caused.

Carbon 14 still present in diamonds: diamonds are supposedly one of if not the oldest substance on the planet yet large amounts of C-14 are still present in them. How is that possible if the earth is billions of years old? C-14 can't last anywhere near that long. And diamonds are one of the hardest substances on earth so the test samples couldn't have been contaminated.

There are many more examples: not enough salt in ocean, the fact that the continents haven't already eroded flat, the earth's magnetic field problem, soft-tissue showing up in samples of dino fossils, the fact the sun still hasn't burned-out yet etc, etc, etc...

I don't really care to take the time to get in an extended debate over creation/evolution as I just don't have the time (have better things to do).

Anyone who wants to debate someone who is highly-educated on the issue and will even put the debate on You Tube for all to see can call Dr. Hovind's secretary at 1-800-Big-Dino (ext. 2, iirc) to set-up a debate with Hovind himself. You don't have to go on camera you can just debate over the phone with him.

Putinbot1
The dating method they use to date fossils is total BS. They date the fossils by the rock layer the fossil (they call it an "index fossil"wink is found in. Guess how they decide how old the rock layer is? By how old they say the fossil is lol. It's circular reasoning. It's like me saying the Bible is the Word of God and then someone asking me "well, how do you know?" and I answer "because the Bible itself says it is." I admit that is circular reasoning even though I fully believe it is the Word of God.

All the dating methods they use to date rocks are grossly inadequate. There's plenty examples of them throwing out the results of a dating method (like carbon dating, for example) they used on rocks if they later find out the rock was in a different rock layer than what the results of their tests indicated.

I don't really care to take the time to post all the examples of why the earth or the universe couldn't possibly be billions (or trillions) of years old but here are a few: comets still existing (everytime a comet passes the sun it loses a little bit of itself). Comets can't last billions or even just millions of years with that happening. Evolutionists have tried to explain this away by claiming there is an "Ort Cloud" (term they made up) somewhere outside of our solar system that is constantly making new comets lol. No one has ever actually observed this mythical "Ort Cloud" though.

The recession of the moon: The moon is not nearly far enough away from us for the earth to be billions of years old at the rate the moon is leaving us. Assuming the moon has been consistently leaving us at the same rate since the earth was formed it would've been right on top of us not much more than over a million years ago. The moon being in that close would've caused all kinds of problems because of the huge tides it would've caused.

Carbon 14 still present in diamonds: diamonds are supposedly one of if not the oldest substance on the planet yet large amounts of C-14 are still present in them. How is that possible if the earth is billions of years old? C-14 can't last anywhere near that long. And diamonds are one of the hardest substances on earth so the test samples couldn't have been contaminated.

There are many more examples: not enough salt in ocean, the fact that the continents haven't already eroded flat, the earth's magnetic field problem, soft-tissue showing up in samples of dino fossils, the fact the sun still hasn't burned-out yet etc, etc, etc...

I don't really care to take the time to get in an extended debate over creation/evolution as I just don't have the time (have bertter things to do).

Anyone who wants to debate someone who is highly-educated on the issue and will even put the debate on You Tube for all to see can call Dr. Hovind's secretary at 1-800-Big-Dino (ext. 2, iirc) to set-up a debate with Hovind himself. You don't have to go on camera you can just debate over the phone with him. Bwahaha Retarded.

Tzeentch
I'm disappointed that Star has yet to claim that the reason American schools underperform compared to European ones is because it has more blacks and mexicans.

eThneoLgrRnae
Oh great... another person who thinks I'm Star. Do you also think I'm Fly as well like some of these other morons do lol? I don't know what Star428 actually thinks about what you just said but I am not a racist, bud. I believe all humans are part of the same blood-line that originated w/Adam & Eve. It is those who believe that certain so-called "races" have "evolved" more than other "races" that tend to be the real racists (like Hitler, for example).

"From one blood God made all the nations of men." I forget the exact book and verse number but I know that it's in there.

Robtard
Anyone else think star/fly should have a religious themed avatar, would really flesh out the sock-persona some.

eThneoLgrRnae
Anyone else think star/fly should have a religious themed avatar, would really flesh out the sock-persona some.

I would perhaps if I had access to one I really liked. I do like Arnold though lol.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I'm disappointed that Star has yet to claim that the reason American schools underperform compared to European ones is because it has more blacks and mexicans. Suprised, yes actually. He is a horrible person to create such a horrible persona!

Anyone else think star/fly should have a religious themed avatar, would really flesh out the sock-persona some. haha definately.

Surt's new wingman... Bwahaha

Tzeentch
Oh great... another person who thinks I'm Star. Do you also think I'm Fly as well like some of these other morons do lol? I don't know what Star428 actually thinks about what you just said but I am not a racist, bud. I believe all humans are part of the same blood-line that originated w/Adam & Eve. It is those who believe that certain so-called "races" have "evolved" more than other "races" that tend to be the real racists (like Hitler, for example).

"From one blood God made all the nations of men." I forget the exact book and verse number but I know that it's in there. I never you said you were Star, in fact I didn't mention you at all... interesting that you immediately jumped up to deny it though.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I never you said you were Star, in fact I didn't mention you at all... interesting that you immediately jumped up to deny it though.

Just figured that since so many others on this forum have accused me of being Star that you were jumping on the bandwagon as well. Also, you replied very soon after me and didn't quote anyone else. Only one who replied between us was bash/pootybot. So who exactly were you accusing of being Star then if not me? Star428 was banned over three years ago wasn't he? So, he obviously couldn't reply on his main account if he were here so why even bring him up if you didn't think he was anyone who posted in the thread? Doesn't make any sense.

gold slorg
plz add poland to the list

smile smile

eThneoLgrRnae

smile smile

Why would I do that? I haven't nothing against Poland or the polish people. In fact, they seem to be very patriotic people and many of them are right-wingers and seem to be God-fearing like myself. If I'm not mistaken, Poland is one of the very few countries in Europe that have not bowed to the globalist & Merkell BS policy of wide-open borders and massive migration. I have great respect for them for standing up to that.

Are you polish, by any chance?

gold slorg
yes and its a cesspool economically lol

statistics dont look as terrible as the reality since the disproportions are insane af

cant afford a pc case with a perfectly average wage kek

eThneoLgrRnae

statistics dont look as terrible as the reality since the disproportions are insane af

Stigma is from Poland as well isn't he? I'd be interested in knowing if he holds the same view of the country as you do.

Have you tried looking on ebay? You might find one cheap enough for you on there.

Robtard

Is the wealth gap in Poland worse than the US'?

dadudemon

2 Facts:

1. The moon is leaving the Earth at an average of 3.84cm a year.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/about-us/37-our-solar-system/the-moon/the-moon-and-the-earth/111-is-the-moon-moving-away-from-the-earth-when-was-this-discovered-intermediate

2. The moon is 38,440,000,000cm from earth, on average.
https://www.space.com/18145-how-far-is-the-moon.html

How many years would it take to bring the moon directly into contact with the earth, at this rate?

10,010,416,667 years.

That's 10 billion years. This is basic grade school arithmetic, sir.

So based on your logic, the moon is 10 billion years old.

Surtur
The dating method they use to date fossils is total BS. They date the fossils by the rock layer the fossil (they call it an "index fossil"wink is found in. Guess how they decide how old the rock layer is? By how old they say the fossil is lol. It's circular reasoning. It's like me saying the Bible is the Word of God and then someone asking me "well, how do you know?" and I answer "because the Bible itself says it is." I admit that is circular reasoning even though I fully believe it is the Word of God. The difference is I'm not trying to make taxpayers pay for what I believe to be taught in schools.

I don't really care to take the time to get in an extended debate over creation/evolution as I just don't have the time (have better things to do).

Anyone who wants to debate someone who is highly-educated on the issue and will even put the debate on You Tube for all to see can call Dr. Hovind's secretary at 1-800-Big-Dino (ext. 2, iirc) to set-up a debate with Hovind himself. You don't have to go on camera you can just debate over the phone with him.

wut

TempAccount

Not only is that "theory" dumb it's dangerous. Hitler, Mao, and Stalin were all ardent evolutionists and they actually thought that the mass murders they were commiting were helping the human race "evolve" by getting rid of all the so-called "inferior" people. You could be the next Alex Jones. For real. Get yourself on air and show Alabama how it's done. I heard they have the highest number of gospel radio stations in the US so you'd have quite the audience. Go sell some overpriced supplements while you're at it. Become an entrepreneur!

TempAccount

smile smile and Korea smile

eThneoLgrRnae
wut

1-800-Big-Dino (ext. 2).

Putinbot1
wut This is your new wingman Surt, the guy you are relying on to bring credence, support and weight to your posts. Good luck with that plan! laughing

eThneoLgrRnae
^Awww...poor bashy is triggered again.

Putinbot1
^Awww...poor bashy is triggered again. hahaha, you're retarded. laughing

eThneoLgrRnae
^still triggered I see.

gold slorg
Stigma is from Poland as well isn't he? I'd be interested in knowing if he holds the same view of the country as you do.

Have you tried looking on ebay? You might find one cheap enough for you on there.

yeah, Stigma is from PL too

and aye, I've tried, but thing is, I need a really giant one because the cooling I got from Germany is insane lol, it's 165 mm high

Is the wealth gap in Poland worse than the US'?

i'm not really sure how large it is in US, never really got into it, but in Poland it's insanely huge, insanely, half of the country gets below 2500 PLN, with roughly 25% of the Poles getting ~1800 PLN, which is really shitty, though the prices here are weird

you can get a food for month that's really great for 300-400 PLN, and we're not talking about garbage tier, we're talking about quality stuff for really healthy diet, but at the same time the worst one-room apartment outside a large city, that's basically a 50-years-old ruin costs 1200 PLN

Robtard
So I did some conversions, I really need to visit Poland, aside from all the historical shit I want to see (dating back to Roman times), it's ridiculously cheap. That's around 75-100 USD to eat well for a month. I routinely drop that much here for a single meal for 3-4 people.

gold slorg
yeah, food is insanely cheap here, honestly 3000 PLN, which is around 800 USD can be used for 2 weeks of vacations on highest standard

the exchange rates are terrible for us lol, at least regarding PC stuff kek

gold slorg
visit Poznań kek

Robtard
Bart's trying to sex me up <3

gold slorg
whats the problem

dadudemon
visit Poznań kek

I would definitely consider that. Polish women are notoriously attractive.

We could hang, I'd buy you food. Introduce me to your women. smile

gold slorg
thumb up

Poznań is a great place to visit, I've been showing this city to plenty of people from Germany i got to know when I worked for my PC there

dadudemon
thumb up

Poznań is a great place to visit, I've been showing this city to plenty of people from Germany i got to know when I worked for my PC there

I like food. I like exploring new place and new women. You've got a deal. I'm not the loud "clap at everything" American type. I dress well, I'm polite, and I'm not demanding: I won't ruin your reputation for bringing around a loud obnoxious American.

Right now, I'm working too much to make a vacation happen. But when I do, I will visit you and Bardock42. Make it a 2 weeker.

I'm supposed to visit Chillmeistergen in Scotland and Whirly when he is in the UK, as well. Lots of promises and you're being added to the list.

Edit - Rogue Jedi and I are supposed to visit Robtard but it is near impossible to convince Rogue Jedi to go. I'm trying...but it may cost me a lot to convince him.

TempAccount
Originally posted by dadudemon
I like food. I like exploring new place and new women. You've got a deal. I'm not the loud "clap at everything" American type. I dress well, I'm polite, and I'm not demanding: I won't ruin your reputation for bringing around a loud obnoxious American.

Right now, I'm working too much to make a vacation happen. But when I do, I will visit you and Bardock42. Make it a 2 weeker.

I'm supposed to visit Chillmeistergen in Scotland and Whirly when he is in the UK, as well. Lots of promises and you're being added to the list.

Edit - Rogue Jedi and I are supposed to visit Robtard but it is near impossible to convince Rogue Jedi to go. I'm trying...but it may cost me a lot to convince him. Yeah I don't think most people are onboard with meeting creepy users on an Internet board IRL...unless you're into Jeffrey Daimer shit that is

dadudemon
Originally posted by TempAccount
Yeah I don't think most people are onboard with meeting creepy users on an Internet board IRL...unless you're into Jeffrey Daimer shit that is

From just KMC, I've met 3 or 4 already.

You're just socially awkward and a bit creepy so you think everyone must be like you. smile

DeanAbroso
thank you very much

Stringer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.