Addressing stupidity - potential vs applicable power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
A common rebuttal to the dozen-or-so quotes that declare Anakin Skywalker as the most powerful Jedi in history is simply dismissing it as referring to his potential - despite the quote having no indication of such other than using the word "power." With such standards, the Anakin Deniers have established a system where any conceivable quote, no matter who it is from, regarding his power, is to be dismissed instantly for reasons that don't even hold up under scrutiny. For example, if one was to find a quote stating Revan as of the Mandalorian Wars is the most powerful Jedi the galaxy has ever seen (up to that point), few would argue that it's referring to his potential. It's clear it's referring to his combat applicable power. In another example, if there were any quotes declaring Palpatine as of TPM as the most powerful Sith in history, few would argue that it's referring to his potential power that would have come full form later in his career. The quote would be clearly referring to, once again, the power he had at his disposal. The hypocrisy of only having the "potential" standard in regards to "the most powerful" quotes for Anakin Skywalker and no other individuals is blatantly obvious and, while not particularly surprising for Beni to employ given his track-record, a complete embarrassment for anyone else who subscribes to it.

Checkout the following quote:

Deronn_solo
Too bad that vaunted power didn't help him against Obi-Wan. laughing out loud

Anakin is a pussy, and a c unt. Deal with it.

Emperordmb
Also didn't save him from getting dropkicked by Dooku

Beniboybling
smile

cs_zoltan
Anakin's power quotes are refering to his political power since he was a close friend of the Chancellor.

Trocity
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Anakin's power quotes are refering to his political power since he was a close friend of the Chancellor.

lol thumb up

Nephthys
Stupidity is the applicable word for this topic.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Nephthys
Stupidity is the applicable word for this topic.

thumb up

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Deronn_solo

Anakin is a pussy, and a c unt. Deal with it.

Obi-Wan also stomps ur favs

FreshestSlice

Anakin is a pussy, and a c unt. Deal with it. Originally posted by Emperordmb
Also didn't save him from getting dropkicked by Dooku
I guess you two have actual interpretations that don't ignore context. That'd be the only reason to talk shit. Otherwise, it's just your opinion, which means dick.

Emperordmb
Oh I'm sorry I don't think Anakin is Sidious level or omnipotent!

I'm such a filthy heretic!

Nephthys
It's not really an opinion that Dooku kicked Anakin to the curb and Obi-Wan beat him, tbh.

Those are things that actually happened.

Unlike Anakin being in any way superior to Yoda.

Deronn_solo
thumb up

cs_zoltan
>Windu is surprised Anakin could beat Dooku
>Yoda sends Kenobi to beat Anakin instead of Sidious
>Anakin is Yoda tier

Makes sense tbh.

NewGuy01
The fact that Anakin defeated Dooku at all is probably what convinced Mace he might be the strongest Jedi alive in the first place, tbh.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Oh I'm sorry I don't think Anakin is Sidious level or omnipotent!

I'm such a filthy heretic!

I find it pleasing that you associate Sheev's level with omnipotence.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Obi-Wan also stomps ur favs
My fave already killed him. thumb up

NewGuy01
ur fav was also a sad cripple who failed at life because of kenobi thumb up

ur fav just freed him of his physical form. who do u think got the better deal smile

FreshestSlice
It's not really an opinion that Dooku kicked Anakin to the curb and Obi-Wan beat him, tbh.

Those are things that actually happened.

Unlike Anakin being in any way superior to Yoda.
Which is why I said context matters. I know reading is tough, but you'll get there, sport.

Darth Thor

Then Anakin is your fav.

Anakin and Vader are the same person

FreshestSlice
DC is racist and only likes the black ones.

cs_zoltan

Kenobi an hero'd. Didn't know you like Kenobi too smile

Syndicate
But seriously is this Anakin thing going to end soon? It's getting pretty boring and repetitive since there are only a few lines to fall back on to support the claims that are being made for him.

FreshestSlice
There are more lines supporting Anaking than anything you have ever said on this entire website.

Zenwolf
How's that any different from the hundreds of other times there's regurgitated information?

Syndicate
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
There are more lines supporting Anaking than anything you have ever said on this entire website.

There are quotes, yes. There's no actual evidence for Anakin being above decently powerful in his normal state.

I mean, I guess you guys can keep riding on quotes forever but don't you think it'll get kind of boring eventually after you keep getting challenged on it and having to show for it except quotes that get older and more irrelevant as the years go by?

*Shrug*

I don't know. I guess if it entertains you, do what you want.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Zenwolf
How's that any different from the hundreds of other times there's regurgitated information?

Because there was and is actual debate. The claims they're making are only "Hey, do you buy this quote? If you don't you're a f*cking idiot and you should."

The person either then says "Yeah, sure." or they say "Nah, that's a pretty big load of donkey shit."

And then the other side can't really say anything except "Well you're wrong. Quotes are infallible."

And then they both go on their separate ways.

It's kind of pointless don't you think?

Beniboybling
This is the only quote that matters:

"Anakin Skywalker was weak, I destroyed him." ~ Lord Vadaaar. smile thumb up

Syndicate
Lol. thumb up

I'm still probably not going to join the Filonians but I might rejoin the Ahsoka brigade. smile

Beniboybling
http://i.imgur.com/Uf0nsPs.jpg

Syndicate
That's the Ahsoka I know and love. TCW, how I miss you...

cs_zoltan
Phucking pedophile, just like Beni.

Sinious
people dissin pedophiles now? erm

Syndicate
pedophiles dissin' pedophiles*

Nephthys
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Which is why I said context matters. I know reading is tough, but you'll get there, sport.

So whats the context for the Dooku kick? Were his panties riding high or something?

Regardless of context, Anakin having a poor mindset doesn't explain him apparently going from above Yoda level to below Obi-Wan. I get that this is probably a joke since I doubt anyone is actually being sincere about the Anakin thing but y'know, someone has to say it I guess.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The fact that Anakin defeated Dooku at all is probably what convinced Mace he might be the strongest Jedi alive in the first place, tbh.

I find it pleasing that you associate Sheev's level with omnipotence.
A facade, i assure you.

We both know whom he associates with Omnipotence wink

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Anakin isn't powerful, lol. smile

Nephthys
I still think Dooku is ultimately the superior force user.

Darth Thor
Dooku's superior in his command of TK and obviously FL. But "Force Powers" include using the Force for Saber combat, where Anakin is clearly greater.

Nephthys
I disagree. In terms of sabers they're about equal. That Anakin performed better than him in their duel (by tapping into his potential) doesn't mean he's better in every aspect and circumstance.

IMO Anakin beating Dooku isn't necessarily any more proof of superiority than Ventress choking Anakin and Obi-Wan or Savage choking Dooku and Ventress or flooring Dooku with one strike.

AncientPower
Lol the novel states all his experience and knowledge equated to 'nothing' in their combat once Anakin learnt to use his fear. This was a state of mind he applies again when landing the Invisible Hand. Then as Vader he learnt to control his emotions completely. Read the ****ing book. laughing out loud

Nephthys
Yeah and Savage choked Dooku and Ventress at the same time when he got pissed enough. Whoop di do.

AncientPower
Your ignorance is astou- actually that sounds about par for the course with you. The effects of the Dooku slaying was permanent to his mindset, not some random rage boost, educate yourself.

Nephthys
Yeah, permanent. Except for like 2 days later when he fought Obi-Wan and apparently dropped from Yoda level to Maul level because he felt totes bad and shit.

duurrr that are make te sense durrr

AncientPower
You've obviously never read that part either, Vader's mind was clouded throughout the duel and he was facing somebody who knew him inside and out, using tricks to disarm Vader in lethal situations and drawing him into environments where Kenobi could recover.

But y'know a>b>c logic is as ever infallible and context means jack shit in Neph world.

P.S. Dooku couldn't break Kenobi's Soresu either, but let's forget that.

Darth Thor
Well given Skywalker gave Dooku hell throughout TCW, it's only logical to assume that his ROTS beating of him was legitimate and not a one-off.

Kenobi also had the advantage of knowing Ani's moves inside out, so not necessarily just a case of Skywalker going down a league. After all Yoda sent Obi-Wan to face him for a reason. And I'm sure Yoda knew of the "Obi-Wan getting beat by Dooku getting in turn beat by Ani" triangle.

Nephthys
Originally posted by AncientPower
You've obviously never read that part either, Vader's mind was clouded throughout the duel and he was facing somebody who knew him inside and out, using tricks to disarm Vader in lethal situations and drawing him into environments where Kenobi could recover.

But y'know a>b>c logic is as ever infallible and context means jack shit in Neph world.

P.S. Dooku couldn't break Kenobi's Soresu either, but let's forget that.

Facing someone who knows you inside and out shouldn't matter for a Yoda level going up against a Kenobi level. I mean, if Anakin was actually as powerful as Yoda he could easily ragdoll him. Sidious ragsolled Maul and Savage at the same time easily, both of whom are > Kenobi. Remind me again. how did Anakin vs Obi-Wan go in tk again? how did anakins boundless power work out again?????

losing to a kenobi level means you aint yoda level sorry bro thats not abc logic thats just a fact

except for when he did and beat him

SunRazer
The fight's riddled with circumstances, lol. Obi-Wan, as anguished as he was, was in a better state of mind and actually managed to focus and use his powers properly.

Nephthys
Obi-Wan on his best day couldn't remotely challenge Sidious on his worst day.

SunRazer
Sidious on his worst day got shot by Han smile

AncientPower
Because a Force exchange = a Force augmented lightsaber contest.

Given Obi-Wan is specifically known for his telekinetic proficiency in Force push, it is no wonder he matched Vader whose mindset was off. I.E. he was struggling to clear his mind.

Losing to the greatest master of Soresu, who has personal experience with your weaknesses is no sign of inability. But let's all forget Bane couldn't penetrate Zannah's Soresu either.

Except for that time where Kenobi switches to Soresu and easily parries Dooku's every move.

Nephthys
Obi-Wan is specifically known for his telekinetic proficiency in Force push

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/stewie-head-tilt.gif

Syndicate

Have to agree with Neph here AP...

Zenwolf

I just laughed at this gif, too funny that scene.

Emperordmb
Given Obi-Wan is specifically known for his telekinetic proficiency in Force push
This sounds like a Flashpoint98 quote for some reason...

"We know Quinlan had good TK and feats due to him pulling a Vapaad maneuver against Windu and stalemating Sora Bulq for a short period of time."

"Kolar is a master of the Niman and Ataru styles. This shows his implemation of Physical Combat."

"He is especially fond of delivering high kicks to his foes."

"For force feats, he favors the force push a lot."

"Kolar has a great deal of resistance to pain, so it's most likely he'll walk out of the Rakatan Temple in one piece if that happened to him."

AncientPower
He's blown Durge to pieces, torn down a large tree, moved Durge's ship, repeatedly sent Grievous flying and more. But you wouldn't be mistaking telekinetic proficiency with Force barriers, now would you, Neph?

Syndicate
He's accomplished those feats you're mentioning, yes but nowhere does it state he's proficient in Force push over any other Force ability.

Nephthys
Obi-Wan and Anakin together couldn't force push Dooku.

but obviously anakin crying means he goes from yoda+ to like half dooku clearly obviously

AncientPower
Your rage is hilarious, as are the blatant double standards you're unwittlingly applying in this debate.

Is ignoring context when it suits you, your sole debating tactic?

DarthAnt66
Look what I found:

The Anakin Brigade is truly immortal. thumb up

Nephthys
Oh man, I can't wait to hear this.

What context is there for Ani and Obi underperforming against Dooku this time? I mean, we all know they're both reeeeally better than him in TK, obviously, but I'm dying to hear about the clear unfair advantage he had that makes them failing to TK him, combined, obviously invalid.

Please, enlighten us.

DarthAnt66
Skywalker and Kenobi absolutely humiliated Dooku, lmfao. Get off the drugs.

Nephthys
http://i.imgur.com/1uf27Y7.gif

Darth Thor
Oh man, I can't wait to hear this.

What context is there for Ani and Obi underperforming against Dooku this time? I mean, we all know they're both reeeeally better than him in TK, obviously, but I'm dying to hear about the clear unfair advantage he had that makes them failing to TK him, combined, obviously invalid.

Please, enlighten us.

Didn't he dodge their TK hit. And then blocked his Tk hit- S6 TCW

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Look what I found:

The Anakin Brigade is truly immortal. thumb up

Link?

DarthAnt66
http://www.theforce.net/episode3/story/nick_gillard_talks_rots_game_92147.asp

Nephthys
Yeah, he's unbeatable unless you kick him in the face or get the high ground. laughing

Darth Thor
Thanks DarthAnt

AncientPower
The denial is strong and equally amusing.

Zenwolf
Hah. XD Cin does have ridiculous speed for sure.

DarthAnt66
So, reading through the rest of the blog, it seems that Anakin besting Windu in a direct fight is legit.

Wonderful.

Nephthys
"He knows he's unbeatable."

"I think he could certainly take out Anakin without any trouble at all (laughs)."

Seems legit. Its great how Gillard is definitely a reliable source and not, you know, not at all. So great.

DarthAnt66
It's almost like he's intentionally joking that Drallig can take Skywalker. laughing out loud

Zenwolf
It's almost like he's intentionally joking that Drallig can take Skywalker. laughing out loud

^ I guess the laughing didn't give it away.

NewGuy01
Yeah, he's unbeatable unless you kick him in the face or get the high ground. laughing

Yeah, that's actually stated in the article, so... smile

AncientPower

Nephthys
So, reading through the rest of the blog, it seems that Anakin besting Windu in a direct fight is legit.

Wonderful.

Again, not sure if serious given that the movie yknow, exists....

AncientPower
>'addressing stupidity'
>everybody has to address Neph.

This shit writes itself.

Nephthys
Aww, you sound mad.

Annoyed that your crush isn't as good as you want him to be?

DarthAnt66
Neph, your only rebuttals this entire thread was that Dooku managed to kick him.

Like, on a scale from Beni to Anakin, you're definitely Beni at the moment. thumb up

Sinious
Like, on a scale from Beni to Anakin, you're definitely Beni at the moment. thumb up laughing out loud

Nephthys
Beni is overall a superior human being to Anakin, given his lack of proven child murder, so I'll take that evaluation for sure. thumb up

SunRazer
Damn.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Didn't he dodge their TK hit. And then blocked his Tk hit- S6 TCWYeah he dodged it, but their combined suped up Force push was barely more potent than Dooku's one-handed gesture, which blew them both back.

http://i.imgur.com/VRubpwI.gif

So Dooku's evidently still stronger than both of them, this being one season away from RotS. It being really a stretch of not an impossible stretch, to argue he went from that to Yoda level in such a short space of time.

But then TK was never Anakin's strong suit. Funny how that all changed with Vader. smile

The_Tempest
It's interesting that Dooku's TK didn't blow the Pykes away or anything, but was sufficient to render many of them unconscious. Perhaps some sort of mind-whammy, as well?

SunRazer
They get up - it's just a long time later. Probably just an animation failure/neglect.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by SunRazer
They get up - it's just a long time later. Probably just an animation failure/neglect.

Seems unlikely, given the otherwise meticulous detail. They were clearly unconscious, however brief.

SunRazer
Not at all. For very brief moments, Savage stands inert in portions of his duel against Dooku and Obi-Wan/Anakin in Witches of the Mist (Obi-Wan also stands inert at times). Just brief animation lapses that they obviously hoped we wouldn't notice.

Nephthys
Why would it be a mind-whammy instead of the impact just knocking them out briefly?

The_Tempest
Why would it be a mind-whammy instead of the impact just knocking them out briefly?

It was awfully gentle impact. When Anakin and Obi-Wan combo TK'd them, they got right back up. Makes me think Dooku's Force push was something more sinister.

Nephthys
Just because they don't go very far doesn't mean it wasn't enough of an impact to knock them out. If a boxer punched you you wouldn't go flying but you might go night night.

The_Tempest
Just because they don't go very far doesn't mean it wasn't enough of an impact to knock them out. If a boxer punched you you wouldn't go flying but you might go night night.

A punch from a boxer is a very specific, high velocity impact. Understandable that, when struck in the proper area, you'll lose consciousness.

Not remotely like what we see here in terms of TK, which has a far greater area of effect. It's more of a throw.

Nephthys
The blast was powerful enough to push the Jedi back, it was clearly not weak by any means. Getting slammed by a wall of energy, even if it doesn't have enough force to throw you several meters, is still going to be pretty dang significant.

Maybe these aliens are just push-overs and go down easily.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Yeah he dodged it, but their combined suped up Force push was barely more potent than Dooku's one-handed gesture, which blew them both back.

http://i.imgur.com/VRubpwI.gif

So Dooku's evidently still stronger than both of them, this being one season away from RotS. It being really a stretch of not an impossible stretch, to argue he went from that to Yoda level in such a short space of time.

But then TK was never Anakin's strong suit. Funny how that all changed with Vader. smile

True Anakin never displayed Tk on Dooku's level (on a consistent basis anyway), which is proof enough he wouldn't be normally capable of challenging Sidious or Yoda, given Sidious can even Force choke Dooku.

As for Anakin v Dooku fights, don't forget they were stalemating in DD which would still be a few months prior to ROTS. Also Skywalker may not have the command of Tk that Dooku has, but has shown his force defences tend to hold up better than the likes of Obi-Wan's. Plus he's force choked Ventress which is pretty good.

But yeah seems Skywalker's "unlimited" power in the Force is mainly applied via Saber combat.

Not surprising he's a TK prodigy as Vader though, given as Anakin he did show he has the ability there (overpowering Son and Daughter), so was likely just a matter of time before he mastered that aspect of the Force.

Beniboybling
Mmm, it's almost as if it were only potential or something. mmm

Nephthys
I still can't figure out if anyone is serious about this Anakin > Yoda thing.

Darth Thor
Anakin is > Yoda as a pilot smile

Beniboybling
smile

DarthDuelist9
It all depends on the context in which the quotes are mentioned.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
It all depends on the context in which the quotes are mentioned.

Well, alright, pick one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.