Wolverine vs. Hawkgirl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
90's animated Wolverine

vs.

Hawkgirl as of Justice League Universe (With feats from JL)

http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/1eac11a4-94db-442e-b7f4-de0703eeebd3/8841305a-f36e-4954-8cd9-35c35167c728.gif

vs.

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11118/111184078/5109268-8911468773-vXs7V.jpg

carver9
Wolverine have some crazy fts in the X-men cartoon. I'm giving him the land slide here.

StiltmanFTW
Crazy feats? He was extremely watered down with a poor damage soak.

Even if we limit Shayera's feats to the first JL cartoon as OP wants us to, it's not looking good for Wolvie.

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Crazy feats? He was extremely watered down with a poor damage soak.

Even if we limit Shayera's feats to the first JL cartoon as OP wants us to, it's not looking good for Wolvie.

Agreed. Logan's claws couldn't even cut through regular metal doors at times.. Just left scratches.

Personally, I think animated Shayera beats Logan worse then Superman beat Goku in DB round 2.

The Wolverine from the Hulk vs cartoons would make a better match (Hulk vs Wolverine also happens to be one of the best Wolverine films ever. Should have called it "Wolverine: Origins", because that's pretty much what we got.)

StiltmanFTW
You're thinking of the Weapon X, Lies and Videotape episode? If so, yeah, it did happen... Logan would eventually cut through those doors though.

But of course, that was a piss poor performance compared to that of 616 Wolverine who sliced through one-foot thick omnium steel (not to be confused with osmium) doors as if they were made out of paper...

1. http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Jyppe/media/wolverineslices1.jpg.html
2. http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Jyppe/media/wolverineslices2.jpg.html

Surtur
One time in the X-Men cartoon the X-Men are doing something and they find out they need to go travel somewhere for some reason and Wolverine had been in a bad mood prior to this and so after they find out Cyclops says "And don't say you don't like it" and then Wolverine says "I don't like it".

F*ck you Wolverine.

But he also loses because this Wolverine could be KO'ed so HG just bashes his skull in while flying around.

StiltmanFTW
Iceman episode, perhaps?

Either could one-shot each other, but TASverine never hurt other living being with his claws, lol. Because of that cursed censorship that ruins superhero cartoons to this day.

cdtm
You're thinking of the Weapon X, Lies and Videotape episode? If so, yeah, it did happen... Logan would eventually cut through those doors though.

But of course, that was a piss poor performance compared to that of 616 Wolverine who sliced through one-foot thick omnium steel (not to be confused with osmium) doors as if they were made out of paper...

1. http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Jyppe/media/wolverineslices1.jpg.html
2. http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Jyppe/media/wolverineslices2.jpg.html

Nice.

And yeah, that's the one. And speaking of that episode, they totally ripped off the robots design for "The Wolverine" movie's Silver Samurai. smile

Pretty sure he also had trouble cutting a door in the Spider-Man toon (Which was awesome, despite the reported executive meddling forbidding violance in an effort to make it fail..)

carthage
Actually it's Shayera as of JLU with her previous feats from Justice League, sorry if I failed to make it clearer.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Nice.

And yeah, that's the one. And speaking of that episode, they totally ripped off the robots design for "The Wolverine" movie's Silver Samurai. smile

Pretty sure he also had trouble cutting a door in the Spider-Man toon (Which was awesome, despite the reported executive meddling forbidding violance in an effort to make it fail..)

The Shiva robots? There was *some* similarity between those and the Silver Samurai exosuit, but I wouldn't call it a total rip-off. Not that it helps the movie in any way - shitting on both Shingen and his son = terrible mistakes.

Don't remember the door moment in those 2 SM episodes, but I do remember Wolverine stalemating Spider-Man and recovering nigh-instantly from Hobby's pumpkin bomb stick out tongue

Anyway, the claws were deadly enough, having damaged - although not significantly - Red's carbonadium armor (in TAS it was actually made out of it, in comics we still don't know its composition) and tendrils, made a short work out of Mojo's Gladiator robot, the Sentinels (cutting off their legs in single swipes), etc.

Worked extremely well against metal doors, too, when the plot didn't require them to be nerfed:

17:20 - 17:30

ohg52XNzygE

carver9
Don't think you all are think of Wolverine fts as a whole. Seems like you are focusing more on his lows.

cdtm
Hey, just because Stiltman agrees with you sometimes doesn't make him wrong all the time. stick out tongue

But seriously, animated Shayera managing to last several rounds with Wonder Woman in "Grudge Match" beats pretty much anything animated Logan has.

Nth metal weapons are >>>>> Adamantium across most fiction..

KingD19
In DCAU, Nth metal's only bonus is magic disruption and Shayera's electric mace.

And she "lasted" in that she barely survived until the mind control was disrupted.

StiltmanFTW
@cd

Yeah, I recall her fighting Diana.

Nth metal weapons are >>>>> Adamantium across most fiction..

http://i.imgur.com/ENEcV.jpg

KingD19
@cd

Yeah, I recall her fighting Diana.

http://i.imgur.com/ENEcV.jpg

Wonder Woman beat up like 3-4 different heroes all at once. She was unstoppable and it took outside help to keep her from murdering all those poor women.

StiltmanFTW
Don't remember it too well; it was before Unlimited, right?

KingD19
Don't remember it too well; it was before Unlimited, right?

n079MNojJJc

It was during Unlimited.

It was called "Glamor Slam" and it was basically like the Divas from wrestling. All female version of the Meta-Brawl.

Diana was mind controlled and just cleaned house until they broke the signal. Shayera got in some good hits, but there was never any hope she'd win. Not even with help from Vixen and the others. The end shows that pretty clearly lol.

StiltmanFTW
Thanks. I missed some JLU eps, thought it was a fight from the first series.

Why the hell Canary didn't use her scream?

KingD19
Thanks. I missed some JLU eps, thought it was a fight from the first series.

Why the hell Canary didn't use her scream?

She had extremely limited use of it in the cartoon. One or two good/long cries and she'd be tapped out. So I guess by episode logic, if she used it on Diana, the amount she'd have to exert would have been so much she couldn't use her cry at the very end to demolish the building.

And you should really watch all of them. One of the best animated and superhero series(s) ever.

cdtm
Originally posted by KingD19
She had extremely limited use of it in the cartoon. One or two good/long cries and she'd be tapped out. So I guess by episode logic, if she used it on Diana, the amount she'd have to exert would have been so much she couldn't use her cry at the very end to demolish the building.

And you should really watch all of them. One of the best animated and superhero series(s) ever.

A7uS8QAh-gY

A personal favorite. Black Canary is all set to fight Wildcat, and Arrow stops her and takes her place.

It goes exactly like you'd think it would. Hamburger helper, anyone? smile

KingD19
A7uS8QAh-gY

A personal favorite. Black Canary is all set to fight Wildcat, and Arrow stops her and takes her place.

It goes exactly like you'd think it would. Hamburger helper, anyone? smile

It did go how everyone thought, but they also made you wonder if Arrow could have actually done anywhere from a bit to a whole lot better, considering his entire reason for taking her place was to let Wildcat think he'd beaten him to death.

But during the finale iirc Wildcat was punching out Parademons sooo...

Surtur
HG had the help of the other heroes when she fought WW and still was losing badly. That's not a good showing for her.

Also holy shit Lex Luthor had technology to control the heroes through their ear comms and he uses it to stage a f*cking female fight club. WTF. He could of taken control of the entire league and done some serious damage with them, but instead he does a fight club?

Sort of like how for some reason he decides to never ever construct another power stripper.

cdtm
Out of the four women, Hawkgirl was the only one to actually make her work at it. Knocking her down and taking an extended beating is a pretty spectacular showing, all things considered.

carver9
Wolverine is not punching her though. Also, Wolverine fight against Alpha Flight, the Shear, Lady Deathstrike and the crew, Shiva robots, etc... is beastly.

StiltmanFTW
The "Shear"? What? Shi'ar, you mean?

He didn't fight Shiva robots, he fought a single one and had an entire team consisting of Creed, Maverick, Silver Fox and Beast backing him up... even then, they barely won.

Deathstrike didn't even have adamantium in the show.

StiltmanFTW

Yeah, I should. I remember the original series too well, having rewatched every damn episode at least 3-4 times... but Unlimited, which was much superior, I haven't.

Glad it gave us a proper epilogue to Batman Beyond, btw.

KingD19

Yeah, I should. I remember the original series too well, having rewatched every damn episode at least 3-4 times... but Unlimited, which was much superior, I haven't.

Glad it gave us a proper epilogue to Batman Beyond, btw.

Not even kidding. She brings down the building after all is said and done with a massive Canary Cry. She wouldn't have been able to get that much power if she'd wasted some on Diana.

And yeah, Unlimited has like twice the episodes, three times the characters, and still has time for development for them.

And the Beyond epilogue/explanation was awesome.

StiltmanFTW
Not even kidding. She brings down the building after all is said and done with a massive Canary Cry. She wouldn't have been able to get that much power if she'd wasted some on Diana.

And yeah, Unlimited has like twice the episodes, three times the characters, and still has time for development for them.

And the Beyond epilogue/explanation was awesome.

Vixen and Shayera almost died, though. So I guess she should have considered "wasting" it on WW, lol.

"For The Man Who Has Everything" ep was great... and Mongul there was much more formidable than in his original appearance. Loved the ending of the series with Darkseid beating Superman for like 95% of the screentime, too laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.