Strong Guy vs Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who is the real X-Family's muscle?

-Pr-
Colossus should win any drawn out fight imo.

juggernaut74
Strong Guy has been referred to on panel as a 3rd rate Colossus.

carver9
Strong Guy does better against villains than Colossus does.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Strong Guy does better against villains than Colossus does.

Like who?

deathslash
Strong Guy does better against villains than Colossus does. a young colossus knocked out the hulk....

carver9
Originally posted by deathslash
a young colossus knocked out the hulk....

A weakened Hulk. Strong Guy did far better against WWH than Colossus.

Sin I AM

Wrong on both accounts

juggernaut74
Originally posted by deathslash
a young colossus knocked out the hulk.... Also an adult Colossus defeated a amped Juggernaut.

Guido couldn't beat Rockslide, Colossus made Rockslide his ***** several times.

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Wrong on both accounts

Wrong on what account? Hope you're not talking about Hulk being weakened (I think you just say things because it seems cute to say).

Sin I AM
Wrong on what account? Hope you're not talking about Hulk being weakened (I think you just say things because it seems cute to say).

First off youre wrong about SG doing better against banner

juggernaut74
Colossus did say Hulk looked weak, but he then amended those comments into not being as weak as he thought.

jrodslam
Written properly, Guido. " Super Pacemaker" enabled and its slightly easier. Non-pacemaker, Colossus isn't strong enough to "damage his heart".

jrodslam
I feel PD, shitted on SG, and that's why eventually his role got smaller and smaller. Even the fight with Thing was trash.

StiltmanFTW

Hurt by Lockheed's fire and still recovering, sure. But let's not pretend it actually severely nerfed him or whatever.

Strong Guy delivered one good punch, but other than that, his performance wasn't stellar. Colossus seemed to last longer and didn't get freakin' one-shotted...

jrodslam
Weeell Stilt, for most the the fight, Guido was evading all of Hulks punches while landing some of his own. When he allowed Hulk to hit him, was the first actual hit.

Had "super pacemaker" been written in, Guido would actually been able to slug it out, but couldn't have that for plots sake.

StiltmanFTW
I remember him dodging one punch.

"Super pacemaker" means nothing when dealing with someone like WWH, who was doing all sort of ridiculous stuff...

leonidas
guido was tons of fun in some of those x-factor books, but i don't see him taking petey, at least not for the majority.

StiltmanFTW
http://41.media.tumblr.com/933b8ed0a376b0cf4e8f807b3426c8e0/tumblr_nfe8s2ih8M1u1zyx6o1_500.jpg

Third-generation Colossus knock-off...

:v

golem370
How many times has Hulk fought heros to hurt or kill them rather then to get away or because he just wanted to be left alone? How many people has he killed in cold blood?

StiltmanFTW
"Heroes"*, not "heros".

And while it's in his character to hold back a great deal, I don't see how it's all that relevant here... fighting him - even just for a short time and with teams helping - still counts as a big feat, for both Rasputin and Guido.

golem370
If Juggernaut had not bfr himself crazy as it was, would WWH have beaten him?

jrodslam
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I remember him dodging one punch.

"Super pacemaker" means nothing when dealing with someone like WWH, who was doing all sort of ridiculous stuff...

Dodging one punch wont make Hulk tell him to stop dancing around and fight.

Yes I know it was WWH, but a forge made device shouldn't be ineffective after one hit. Multiple hits, then I can see it. Shit was ignored.

I would count the fight in hell vs Rulk, but it was inconclusive considering he gave in and let Rulk win so Meph could get the throne back.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by golem370
No.

Juggernaut's powerset (properly written) = unstoppability AND indestructibility. Hulk was screwed.

jrodslam

That's what I mean. Both Guido and Juggs "defeats" were plot driven. You telling me Juggy was unable to stop himself? His ass didn't even return to the battle until after the fight.

Would Juggs been able to beat Hulk? It would've been too long of a fight and possibly inconclusive, so they wrote in that bs.

golem370
I think the same.

juggernaut74
http://41.media.tumblr.com/933b8ed0a376b0cf4e8f807b3426c8e0/tumblr_nfe8s2ih8M1u1zyx6o1_500.jpg

Third-generation Colossus knock-off...

:v That sums it up.

jrodslam
Says Jubilee. Pfff.

juggernaut74
Guido's nuts don't absorb kinetic energy as shown by She-Hulk.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by jrodslam
That's what I mean. Both Guido and Juggs "defeats" were plot driven. You telling me Juggy was unable to stop himself? His ass didn't even return to the battle until after the fight.

Would Juggs been able to beat Hulk? It would've been too long of a fight and possibly inconclusive, so they wrote in that bs. No

jrodslam
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Guido's nuts don't absorb kinetic energy as shown by She-Hulk.

sad

jrodslam
Originally posted by psycho gundam
No

Elaborate? confused

psycho gundam
Juggernaut getting bfr'd "for plot" was more indicative of Pak saving the plot than the inverse, basically Hulk was holding back heavily to the point that the X-men were leaves in the wind but Juggernaut was a bigger obstacle. If he wanted to crush him thoroughly it would have happened ala War Hulk (similar power upgrade) and the plot of the arc would be lost. Pak was getting creative when he could have been a lot lazier, he went as far as to make the conditions right for Hulk to actually cut loose later.

F_ck Juggernaut.

Strong guy has no feats or durability showings that can make much difference vs THAT Hulk. He took the same amount of blows as Thing took so there's that

Hulk wrecked the Avengers decades ago as well as other teams added to their ranks with less power, someone like Strong guy touching him without exploding is a huge feat for him considering how jacked Hulk was at that point. same goes for everyone else in that arc (Wolverine, Cyclops, etc)

golem370
That not saying any writer can give the win to who they want but without PIS Juggernaut should not only stand against Hulk forever but out last Hulk based on his power set.

psycho gundam
That exact thing was explicitly and specifically proven false by War Hulk years before, sir

Idunno if Colossus can take Strong guy based off of their respective showings against Hulk cause they both guy smoked
. Colossus' durability is better, though

golem370
PIS on the side of Hulk. Juggernaut is suppose to have limitless Stamina be Totally Indestructible and on top of that has a healing factor and force field.

jrodslam
Some fights between Hulk and Juggs have ended with the Helmet being removed. Vs War Hulk, yes again hes being pushed back and the uses part of his arsenal to toss Juggs(not the same as tripping him). Then yet again, the helmet was removed. Not pure force this time, but by a weapon. Hulk knowing that's 1 or 2 of the only ways to actually defeat Juggs? So if we wanna say its not pis cause its happened before, then fine.

Now as far as Guido not having the feats to show he could with stand from fighting THAT Hulk is true. He doesn't have the feats and will never have feats close to that. But going by previous feats and considering his "fix" to his condition, I would've thought hed fare better. To say he took the same amounts of hits as Thing, seems like an explanation to please said fans of guido. Do we know exactly how jacked Hulk was?

psycho gundam
I mean, he was going to cut his head off the second time so...

Super jacked. He was resting at Savage Hulk levels while mad, even his durability and damage resistance from everything was amped. Adamantium was crucial as a means to simply cutting him (and vibranium) and even that was barely ineffectual. I say that to say this: Strong guy got a huge look surviving against THE "strong guy" in his universe just by hanging for a couple panels. Him taking as much damage as the Thing there was a better showing than what happened after when those two actually met and Strong guy looked like the lesser man (then Thing got owned by Shatterstar)

golem370
Cut who head off Juggernauut who is to say it would have worked?

psycho gundam
Considering his irresistible thing was beaten, you would be smart betting his durability would also be second best

golem370
Like I said pis Juggernaut was able to heal from a skeleton body. Celestials were able to recreate Thor's hammer the same hammer that cut off Juggernauts invulnerability

jrodslam
Yea. Juggs was gonna get his head cut(or attempted) by and enchanted celestial weapon. We don't even know (or do we) how much he was amped. He didn't appear to have a strength advantage over Juggs either.

Yea, I was glad Guido was at least there lasting a good while before his 1vs1 encounter, but that heart shit pissed me off. The thing/Strong Guy fight is just what I mean with PD handling SG horribly. Then They show SG make Red Hulk bleed and Not get overloaded by a hit AND allowed Rulk to get the victory to give Mephisto his throne back.

golem370
Well Strong Guy had trouble with Professor Hulk who is a Hulk people say is a weaker version of the Hulk incarnations.

jrodslam
He sure did. At the same time, SG didn't even get to swing on hulk. sad And still before the super pacemaker.

Sin I AM
Did SG make it to the new marvel

golem370
Him and Professor Hulk stood toe to toe for a moment.

jrodslam
Sin, Last I saw him, Thunderbolts went to hell to get Mephistos throne back from SG. Maybe there was something after, but I'm not 100% sure.

juggernaut74
Well Strong Guy had trouble with Professor Hulk who is a Hulk people say is a weaker version of the Hulk incarnations. Originally posted by golem370
Him and Professor Hulk stood toe to toe for a moment. You confuse me.

Americarp
Rasputin beats Guido and quite easily.

golem370
Well he went toe to toe for a short time with Professor Hulk who is suppose to be a weaker version of Hulk so how would he give WWH much trouble

jrodslam
Rasputin beat him easily? Highly doubt it.

juggernaut74
He'll beat him but not easily.

Anybody have scans of Guido's fight with Rulk? I don't recall how that went down and was Guido amped?

jrodslam
Hmm. Dont think he was amped. Wasnt long. They just traded a couple blows, then Rulk convinced him to give up the throne. Guido decided to stay in hell though until he got his soul back. sad

KingD19
On the other hand, Colossus had an extended, underwater fight with Rulk and was more than holding his own even before he invoked his Juggernaut powers.

abhilegend
That was always colossusnaut.

juggernaut74
Hmm. Dont think he was amped. Wasnt long. They just traded a couple blows, then Rulk convinced him to give up the throne. Guido decided to stay in hell though until he got his soul back. sad I recall him having pointy ears and claws. I think he was. I haven't seen it since it came out.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by KingD19
On the other hand, Colossus had an extended, underwater fight with Rulk and was more than holding his own even before he invoked his Juggernaut powers. Yes he did.

jrodslam
I recall him having pointy ears and claws. I think he was. I haven't seen it since it came out.

Dont think it amped him though. Even when Meph got back on it, Guido still had the ears and nails.

KingD19
Originally posted by abhilegend
That was always colossusnaut.

No it wasn't. They showed very clearly that when he's just bald and metal, he's Colossus. He has to actively turn on his Juggernaut powers, and that's shown by him gaining the helmet and such. He actually transformed during the fight.

jrodslam
On the other hand, Colossus had an extended, underwater fight with Rulk and was more than holding his own even before he invoked his Juggernaut powers.

Like stated, he was always Colssunaught. However, the full power of Cyttorak wasnt unleashed. Before that Rulk clearly had the upper hand.

jrodslam
And this was with the helmet on. ONce he went into full raged, cyttorak mode unleashed, he fear for what hed become then he lost the helmet and let Rulk beat on him.

Prior to unleashing, he had the helmet and rulk was was in control of the fight.

KingD19
Like stated, he was always Colssunaught. However, the full power of Cyttorak wasnt unleashed. Before that Rulk clearly had the upper hand.

He wasn't always Colossusnaut. He was Colossus, his metal form. He stayed metal because he felt that was the only way to resist Cyttorak's influence somewhat.

There were multiple occasions where he himself and other people say to turn into the Juggernaut. And he is shown transforming.

jrodslam
Sooo. What about the other time he fought Rulk and his fight with thing? He was only colossus then? Dont the red eyes symbolize him being gem powered?

KingD19
He fought Thing on the moon as Juggernaut. Thing just knocked the helmet off iirc. DIdn't he fight Rulk on the moon as well at the same time or right after Thing?

abhilegend
No it wasn't. They showed very clearly that when he's just bald and metal, he's Colossus. He has to actively turn on his Juggernaut powers, and that's shown by him gaining the helmet and such. He actually transformed during the fight.
Nope. He had Juggernaut armor in the fight. Only his helmet wasn't.

That's an artist error if anything.

Rulk also casually caught Colossusnaut's punch and tossed him aside later.

abhilegend
http://i.imgur.com/iw80Uav.jpg

stick out tongue

juggernaut74
He wasn't always Colossusnaut. He was Colossus, his metal form. He stayed metal because he felt that was the only way to resist Cyttorak's influence somewhat.

There were multiple occasions where he himself and other people say to turn into the Juggernaut. And he is shown transforming. You are correct.

The writer even stated Colossus has no enhancement from Cyttorak when he wasn't wearing the helmet or his eye's weren't glowing. It was regular ol' Piotr. And there was a few times it was stated on panel.

StiltmanFTW
Colossusnaut had 3 forms:

- helmetless, arguably standard power level, pre-Juggernaut.

- "The Juggernaut", helmet on. Supposed to be the classic Juggs powerset + Colossus powers on top of that.

- Demonic form, surpassing the earlier one as shown vs. Rulk.

Prior to unleashing, he had the helmet and rulk was was in control of the fight.

Super-heated thumbs to the eyes worked for a moment, nothing more.

Piotr took Rulk's sneak attack with no problem in his helmetless form, as shown in the main AvX mini.

juggernaut74
Dont think it amped him though. Even when Meph got back on it, Guido still had the ears and nails. It'd be hard to believe he wasn't amped when he was the ruler of hell and his physical attributes were changed.

Anybody got scans? Can't find them in Guido's thread.

jrodslam
Colossusnaut had 3 forms:

- helmetless, arguably standard power level, pre-Juggernaut.

- "The Juggernaut", helmet on. Supposed to be the classic Juggs powerset + Colossus powers on top of that.

- Demonic form, surpassing the earlier one as shown vs. Rulk.

Super-heated thumbs to the eyes worked for a moment, nothing more.

Piotr took Rulk's sneak attack with no problem in his helmetless form, as shown in the main AvX mini.

Well it worked enough to make him unleash. :/

Yes he did take the sneak attack. Cant argue that. I usually go by the eyes though. Theyve been pretty consistent.... For the most part.

juggernaut74
Colossus actually had some pretty low durability showings in his regular non Juggernaut form. Storm rocked him with a kick iirc.

StiltmanFTW
Colossus actually had some pretty low durability showings in his regular non Juggernaut form. Storm rocked him with a kick iirc.

That she did.

He was beastly vs. War Machine, though.

KingD19
Any low showing is clearly PIS. Storm should have broken her foot, let's be honest considering Colossus takes punches Juggernaut, Hulk, Gladiator, etc... type guys on a daily basis and keeps going back for more. Hell he even had a Celestial grenade blow a hole clean through his body, and he was still okay, just had to heal with the Juggernaut powers. And yeah, he put War Machine on his ass.

juggernaut74
Didn't he break his ribs from a fall that wasn't very high?

Colossus had no amp from Cyttorak when he chose. The evidence is overwhelming.

KingD19
Didn't he break his ribs from a fall that wasn't very high?

Colossus had no amp from Cyttorak when he chose. The evidence is overwhelming.

Yeah, he got pushed out of a plane by that weird psuedo-mutant guy. The problem is, he's fallen from higher plenty of times before and been fine. If anything his normal form seemed to be weaker or at least subject to a lot of nonsense durability low showings, as he's tanked far worse with ease before.

StiltmanFTW
The problem is, he's fallen from higher plenty of times before and been fine.

Same with Wolverine.

Low showings, nobody's immune to them...

krisblaze
Let's see.

The guy who absorbs kinetic energy.

The guy who has no recourse but kinetic energy.

jrodslam
It'd be hard to believe he wasn't amped when he was the ruler of hell and his physical attributes were changed.

Anybody got scans? Can't find them in Guido's thread.

K gimme a sec.

Guido was soulless and started working for Mephisto. Spent a lot of time in hell and it started to "change him"
http://imgur.com/a/d7Ujm
http://imgur.com/a/EjENv

He accidentally killed Monet. Partial fight.
http://imgur.com/a/ONGrz
http://imgur.com/a/1rwHd
http://imgur.com/a/sOxlc

He had the "power" because of his position. What he did to get it, and the staff/seat.
http://imgur.com/a/aTnOP
http://imgur.com/a/37rN7
http://imgur.com/a/GbbqH

http://imgur.com/a/EyocZ

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by krisblaze
Let's see.

The guy who absorbs kinetic energy.

The guy who has no recourse but kinetic energy.

Remember Thing vs Guido?

KingD19
Same with Wolverine.

Low showings, nobody's immune to them...

I get it. It was just aggravating because there's a difference between low showings, and showings so low they shouldn't be possible.

How can Storm, a completely human woman. Actually have any effect on Colossus by kicking him? That isn't her foot shattering because she kicked him as hard as she could.

StiltmanFTW
I get it. It was just aggravating because there's a difference between low showings, and showings so low they shouldn't be possible.

How can Storm, a completely human woman. Actually have any effect on Colossus by kicking him? That isn't her foot shattering because she kicked him as hard as she could.

She's actually pretty damn skilled. Characters with uber skill lv do that shit all the time, Storm is just not often recognized as one of those, as she tends to rely on her powers.

Ursa Major tasted her foot, too laughing out loud

jrodslam
Now, when Thunderbolts went to Hell..

Meph wanted his throne back. TB's made a deal, but at the same time, were tricking Mephisto.
http://imgur.com/a/TTc8U
http://imgur.com/a/xQpsg

Guido and Rulk trade a couple blows, then Rulk lets him in on the plans and convinces him to "give it up"
http://imgur.com/a/l4NoL
http://imgur.com/a/U1cfx
http://imgur.com/a/Mj1XH

No amp in strength or any other stat seemingly. His power that he had were certain abilities. Many of which were control because of who he was, and staff related.

He gives up his "power/throne". Decides to stay there. Keeps the pointy ears and nails.. For now i guess.
http://imgur.com/a/HfZTu

jrodslam
Remember Thing vs Guido?

Started good, then turned to trash real quick. Wish shatterstar didnt show up. Once again PD diverting any type of focus from guido.

StiltmanFTW
Wish shatterstar didnt show up.

Your SG would get KTFO'd, then haw-som

... or killed.

KingD19
In that encounter Thing was about to push Guido's face in. SS saved his ass.

jrodslam
Your SG would get KTFO'd, then haw-som

... or killed.

Misusage. Let me see him get ktfo. Just bad.

Similar to WWH. He takes a hit, then is supposedly "out of it" from the absorption. Yet only a couple panels later, he tells ppl to get behind him so he could absorb the brunt of the tossed engine. :/ WTF is that? Its call crap.

carver9
Misusage. Let me see him get ktfo. Just bad.

Similar to WWH. He takes a hit, then is supposedly "out of it" from the absorption. Yet only a couple panels later, he tells ppl to get behind him so he could absorb the brunt of the tossed engine. :/ WTF is that? Its call crap.

A hit from an engine isn't close to being on the level of a hit from WWH.

StiltmanFTW
I don't believe I'm saying this, but...

... carver is correct.

jrodslam
A hit from an engine isn't close to being on the level of a hit from WWH.

I understand that. Just pointing out the recovery time. In the past, when hes had an attack, the recovery wasnt as fast at all.

jrodslam
Takes a longer time to recover from less damage, yet recovers from a hulk hit within a couple panels? Doesnt that seem a bit odd to anyone but me? erm

StiltmanFTW
He wasn't fully recovered or anything, just good enough to try to save his teammates.

Good thing Elixir made sure he didn't die stick out tongue

jrodslam
He wasn't fully recovered or anything, just good enough to try to save his teammates.

Good thing Elixir made sure he didn't die stick out tongue

Who says he wasnt fully recovered? If he wasnt, he wouldve been ko'd for sure is assume.

Lol. Elixir never touched Guido, lol. His ass was in the mansion working on Colossus.

StiltmanFTW
Who says he wasnt fully recovered? If he wasnt, he wouldve been ko'd for sure is assume.

Lol. Elixir never touched Guido, lol. His ass was in the mansion working on Colossus.

Common sense.

I assume he did off-panel, as he helped everyone. Guido was in no shape to keep fighting after that Blackbird engine scene.

juggernaut74
Now, when Thunderbolts went to Hell..

Meph wanted his throne back. TB's made a deal, but at the same time, were tricking Mephisto.
http://imgur.com/a/TTc8U
http://imgur.com/a/xQpsg

Guido and Rulk trade a couple blows, then Rulk lets him in on the plans and convinces him to "give it up"
http://imgur.com/a/l4NoL
http://imgur.com/a/U1cfx
http://imgur.com/a/Mj1XH

No amp in strength or any other stat seemingly. His power that he had were certain abilities. Many of which were control because of who he was, and staff related.

He gives up his "power/throne". Decides to stay there. Keeps the pointy ears and nails.. For now i guess.
http://imgur.com/a/HfZTu Looks like when Rulk go serious Guido went down.

It's also hard to say Guido wasn't changed in any way because we can visually see he was altered in some manor.

When Colossus fought Rulk he wasn't amped, there is on panel evidence to show he could turn the power on and off.

juggernaut74
Yeah, he got pushed out of a plane by that weird psuedo-mutant guy. The problem is, he's fallen from higher plenty of times before and been fine. If anything his normal form seemed to be weaker or at least subject to a lot of nonsense durability low showings, as he's tanked far worse with ease before. I agree. Colossus' durability seemed lower when he wasn't tapping into the gem.

jrodslam
Common sense.

I assume he did off-panel, as he helped everyone. Guido was in no shape to keep fighting after that Blackbird engine scene.

No it isnt. You cant say he wasnt fully recovered when there isnt anything to suggest otherwise. You know better than that.

Not you wanna assume elixir did it off panel? Lol. From issue #2, Eixer was in the mansion and he stayed there for the remainder of the battle up until the following issue. Guido never came in the mansion but to help with Colossus.

StiltmanFTW
No it isnt. You cant say he wasnt fully recovered when there isnt anything to suggest otherwise. You know better than that.

Not you wanna assume elixir did it off panel? Lol. From issue #2, Eixer was in the mansion and he stayed there for the remainder of the battle up until the following issue. Guido never came in the mansion but to help with Colossus.

I can say that because he got hit by WWH...

I don't think Guido's fragile heart recovered on its own, superpacemaker or not.

jrodslam
Looks like when Rulk go serious Guido went down.

It's also hard to say Guido wasn't changed in any way because we can visually see he was altered in some manor.

When Colossus fought Rulk he wasn't amped, there is on panel evidence to show he could turn the power on and off.

It was an off panel discussion between Rulk and Guido. He gave up. Not because Rulk was beating him, but because he wanted to help with the plan. I never disputed the physical change. But if you notice, even after giving up the throne, he kept his appearance.

There IS evidence that showed Colossus switching it on and off. When he unleashed is entire appearance changed. Regular Colossunaught, would have the red/glowing eyes with helmet on. He had control of that.

jrodslam
I can say that because he got hit by WWH...

I don't think Guido's fragile heart recovered on its own, superpacemaker or not.

Nothing supports your theory. You assume, yet we actually SEE Elixer attending to all wounded thats brought into the mansion.
http://imgur.com/a/3L65c

Madroxx used dupes to get all injured inside. Guido was never one of them.

StiltmanFTW
Nothing supports your theory. You assume, yet we actually SEE Elixer attending to all wounded thats brought into the mansion.
http://imgur.com/a/3L65c

Madroxx used dupes to get all injured inside. Guido was never one of them.

Then what stopped Guido from getting back to the fight...?

He was done, man. No shame in that, as everyone else was in a similar shape.

juggernaut74
I never disputed the physical change. But if you notice, even after giving up the throne, he kept his appearance. So you're saying becoming the ruler of Hell don't come with any perks?

Just pointy ears?

There IS evidence that showed Colossus switching it on and off. When he unleashed is entire appearance changed. That's what I'm trying to say. confused

jrodslam
Then what stopped Guido from getting back to the fight...?

He was done, man. No shame in that, as everyone else was in a similar shape.

What stopped Guido? It was emma that told him to get away from him. He remained outside and shown trying to absorb the impact of the engine. He could have got back into the fight. He was in no way the same shape as Rockslide or Colossus who literally couldnt do a thing at that moment. Just bad. Same reason Juggs never came back into battle. Its called bullshit.

jrodslam
So you're saying becoming the ruler of Hell don't come with any perks?

Just pointy ears?

That's what I'm trying to say. confused

You didnt read my previous posts? He had abilities like bringing the dead back to life and correcting things Mephisto and his minions did. His physical attributes is something different. There was no evidence of that being altered at all.

No. You said "When Colossus fought Rulk he wasn't amped, there is on panel evidence to show he could turn the power on and off."

Your statement is false.

StiltmanFTW
What stopped Guido? It was emma that told him to get away from him. He remained outside and shown trying to absorb the impact of the engine. He could have got back into the fight. He was in no way the same shape as Rockslide or Colossus who literally couldnt do a thing at that moment. Just bad. Same reason Juggs never came back into battle. Its called bullshit.

http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11111/111118857/5087255-jimmies+rustled.gif

He could have, but he would have died wink

jrodslam
Even seen Phistos stats or his physical attributes? If he had all that, the should have destroyed Rulk. Or is that bad writing yet again?

juggernaut74

No. You said "When Colossus fought Rulk he wasn't amped, there is on panel evidence to show he could turn the power on and off."

Your statement is false. I see the confusion. When Colossus first started to fight Rulk he wasn't amped. When they fell into the water Colossus tapped into the power, and then the the full powers. Cyttorak powers affected Piotr differently because he was a mutant.

KingD19
There's plenty of on panel evidence. Colossus and Storm both explicitly state he can change into Juggernaut. It's not just always on.

StiltmanFTW
Gillen confirmed it via formspring or whatever he was using, too...

juggernaut74
There's plenty of on panel evidence. Colossus and Storm both explicitly state he can change into Juggernaut. It's not just always on. The writer himself even stated in a formspring question and he clearly said when Colossus isn't wearing the helmet or walking around with glowing eyes he's just regular ol' Colossus.

jrodslam
http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11111/111118857/5087255-jimmies+rustled.gif

He could have, but he would have died wink

Its bad writing or bad depiction of characters. Hulk too big to be transported further away by Nightcrawler? Juggs not being able to stop himself and never coming back to battle? Guido recovering panels later(when hes taken longer to recover from less damage) only to step in to absorb a tossed engine explosion?

jrodslam
I see the confusion. When Colossus first started to fight Rulk he wasn't amped. When they fell into the water Colossus tapped into the power, and then the the full powers. Cyttorak powers affected Piotr differently because he was a mutant.

Agreed. So he was in fact able to turn it on and off. Not counting the sneak attack, he was powered up in all other fights.

juggernaut74
It's been shown on panel that Guido's nut sack can't absorb kinetic energy.......

smile

jrodslam
It's been shown on panel that Guido's nut sack can't absorb kinetic energy.......

smile

Why must you always bring that up? sad mad

StiltmanFTW
http://tinyurl.com/z73vuvr

juggernaut74
Still think this would be a good fight to see.

Nut shot for the win.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y83wbowl

carver9
Does Strong Guy still have heart attacks when absorbing kinetic energy?

StiltmanFTW
Does Strong Guy still have heart attacks when absorbing kinetic energy?

No, that was mostly fixed by Forge's pacemaker.

He still had some heart issues when he fought WWH, but... Colossus is no Hulk.

juggernaut74
Does Strong Guy still have heart attacks when absorbing kinetic energy? She-Hulk beat him by kicking him in the sack. I think Thing beat him but it's been a few years since I saw that.

carver9
Thing did beat him.

-Pr-
https://tinyurl.com/y83wbowl

https://i.imgur.com/BHKUTMn.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.