Darth Krayt (Vong) vs Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Darth Krayt in his weakened state prior to his rebirth.

Dooku as of Revenge of the Sith prior to Skywalker raping him.

darthbane77
Krayt's armor gives him a pretty big edge, but I'd say Dooku has the edge in sabers and the Force (this version of Krayt is kind of meh.) I can see this going either way.

chingchangwalla
Well he was tossing Cade around a bit. Krayt probably wins

Unbowed
Pretty close fight. I have Vong Krayt, Dooku and Vader at about the same level.

When it comes to the Force Dooku and Krayt are about evenly matched. Krayt's lightning is stronger but Dooku has better TK feats. Krayt is stronger, faster and more aggressive but Dooku's style is conducive to dealing with such fighters with finesse and a minimal waste of energy.

I'd say this battle would be resolved by stamina. Dooku was going pretty strong against both Anakin and Obi-Wan until Anakin enter 'the zone'. Krayt on the other hand was very close to death in Legacy and every fight taxed him greatly.

If Krayt has that limitation in this match I'd say Dooku would win more often than not, provided he fought in such a way as to exploit Krayt's weakness.

SunRazer
Bump. Probably gonna support Dooku here, actually.

MythLord
Tyranus sweeps.

Beniboybling
Krayt solidly.

SunRazer
How so? I'm assuming that this is predominately to do with his armor's lightsaber immunity and his Force power?

Jmanghan
I don't think people realize how big of an advantage lightsaber-resistant armor is.

Its not going to kill a person, therefore someone with comparable skill, that his their armor on, will always win.

SunRazer
Dooku's a pretty precise duelist, though. His fighting style is all about striking weak points (ie. exposed parts like the neck). I agree that the armor is an advantage, but against Dooku, that advantage is noticeably lessened.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by SunRazer
How so? I'm assuming that this is predominately to do with his armor's lightsaber immunity and his Force power? I find his Force powers scaled off his minions to be superior yeah, and 100+ years of lightsaber experience + IK blitzing speed should be more than sufficient to contend with Dooku's bladework. His immense endurance is indeed, and added bonus.

cs_zoltan
Dooku might edge sabers only, because of Krayt's shit tier stamina.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Beniboybling
His immense endurance is indeed, and added bonus.

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Dooku might edge sabers only, because of Krayt's shit tier stamina.

Interesting... smile

cs_zoltan
Beni's talking about durability.

SunRazer
True.

Dooku's stamina is better, indeed smile

Jmanghan
Originally posted by SunRazer
Dooku's a pretty precise duelist, though. His fighting style is all about striking weak points (ie. exposed parts like the neck). I agree that the armor is an advantage, but against Dooku, that advantage is noticeably lessened. His neck is exposed?

Azronger
Krayt solidly.

NewGuy01
Krayt's armor is lightsaber resistant, not lightsaber proof, and like Zoltan said his sickness overshadows his otherwise impressive endurance. All of that being said, he may still win this--I just wouldn't bet on it, personally.

Beniboybling
Not convinced Dooku's stamina is much better personally, when he's getting worn out from fighting TCW Anakin.

NewGuy01
Yeah, but like, who wouldn't be? smile

Deronn_solo
Krayt, yeah.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yeah, but like, who wouldn't be? smile Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Krayt, yeah. smile

Kurk
Not too familiar with Krayt, but will side with Dooku simply because of his dueling advantage.

Raptor22
Not convinced Dooku's stamina is much better personally, when he's getting worn out from fighting TCW Anakin. just blitzing the 4 knights for a second or two taxed krayt stamina to the point that darth wyyrlok thought he should go to his stasis chamber to rejuvinate. Krayt agreed but couldnt spend that much time recuperating and opted for a healing trance instead.

Q99
Originally posted by Kurk
Not too familiar with Krayt, but will side with Dooku simply because of his dueling advantage.

Krayt is, himself, a high-level duelist. Back when he was a Jedi, Kenobi 2 years after RotS felt he was a 'I gotta take him incredibly seriously or I'll die,' level threat.'

As Krayt, he took down 4 master-level foes surrounding him in half as many seconds.

UCanShootMyNova
Dooku.

Ursumeles
Not sure, tbh.
Dooku is more skilled, but Krayt more powerful.

Azronger
Krayt killed 8, not 4 Imperial Knights. In the first panel you can clearly see three being felled; in the fourth, another one. On the second page, four more are killed. That's eight in total.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212701/4636352-screen+shot+2015-04-21+at+9.44.10+pm.png
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212701/4636353-screen+shot+2015-06-02+at+11.35.12+pm.png

Ziggystardust
That was debunked Az.

Azronger
When?

Ziggystardust
The second image is a revised version of the fight.

MythLord
The second image is a flashback from another comic, lmao.

Tyranus still wins.

Ziggystardust
legends - strict legends Tryanus would win. Composite looses.

Nephthys
Krayt. He's just as strong, fast and powerful and approaching him in skill but with the huge advantage of his Vong armor.

Azronger
Ah, my bad. I re-checked the comic and that does indeed appear to be the case.

Trocity
Originally posted by MythLord
The second image is a flashback from another comic, lmao.

Nah, it's just Legacy.

darthbane77
Krayt, he's been raised in my opinion since this thread was made.

Azronger
By the way, what revised editions and flashbacks are Ziggy and Wollf referring to?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.