Heroes Vs Monsters (Joss Whedon Style)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
Ok, this is a large match with a lot of people, some obviously are punching in a heavier weight class than others.

Making the fight right after sunset (don't want half the field turning to dust too quickly)

Match can take place at the airport from the big fight in CA:CW

Civil War crew:

Captain America
Iron Man
Hawkeye
Black Panther
Ant Man
Scarlet Witch
Black Widow
War Machine
Bucky
Spider-Man
Falcon
The Vision

Vs Whedon's Monster Squad

The Master
Angelus
Spike
The Mayor (giant snake version)
Adam
Glory
Evil Willow
The First + 10 Uber-Vamps
The Beast
+ The Trio

TheVaultDweller
It's been ages since I watched Buffy, but wasn't Evil Willow going to destroy the world or something?

Scoobless
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It's been ages since I watched Buffy, but wasn't Evil Willow going to destroy the world or something?

Yeah, but so was every other wannabe bad guy in that show.

She got knocked around a bit by Giles and by Buffy, she won those fights though (sort of, she made Buffy choose between trying to kill her or running off to save her friends)

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, but unlike the other schmucks, I vaguely remember her actually making progress towards that goal. Because, IIRC, Warren kills Tara, and then Willow goes totally apeshit, and then Giles actually had to get imbued with magic to try and stop her (and failed miserably, if I remember correctly). Though I can't remember how they actually stopped her. Did they talk her down?

And Buffy should get stomped by a fully powered Willow. I remember her getting magically tossed around by whatsherface Amy during the one episode. And Willow > Amy.

The issue I have here though is I haven't watched any of the Whedon Buffy/Angel stuff in years, so I can barely remember the feats for most of these people.

Silent Master
She was going to destroy the world by IIRC channeling her magic into a temple, Xander talked her down.

TheVaultDweller
Thanks, I thought it was something like that, after thinking about it. She made the temple rise out of the top of a hill or something. So eh, it wasn't purely through her own power then. She could still do some crazy shit like completely flay Warren with nothing but a gesture. I would lean towards team Marvel though. A lot of the Buffy/Angel villains are mostly melee combatants, where as the Marvel team is stacked with people who pack all kinds of powerful ranged weaponry/abilities.

Scoobless
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I would lean towards team Marvel though. A lot of the Buffy/Angel villains are mostly melee combatants, where as the Marvel team is stacked with people who pack all kinds of powerful ranged weaponry/abilities.

Yeah, Marvel does seem to have more variety and range, but against bricks like the Beast and Glory..... I dunno

I'd like to see Steve face off against Angel actually, I'd put both of them below Buffy in stats and feats.

KingD19
At this point you think Buffy has better stats/feats than Cap?

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, biggest issues I see are the Beast & Glory. Adam also got like a minigun built into his arm at some point, so there is that, but that's nothing the Marvel team doesn't have. Willow, as powerful as she is, can still be hurt too, and seems to need to still be conscious and possess a degree of focus to use her magic to heal herself. So if she takes a hit from something like a missile, or a mind gem blast etc. she is going to go down.

But Glory is going to be the hardest to deal with, overall. She pretty much shrugged off having a building dropped on top of her, IIRC.

KingD19
I see Vision taking down Glory. Or Scarlet Witch. Or actually Tony if they can convince him she's actually a Demonic Goddess and not a sexy, blond bimbo.(Tri-Laser or something)

Scoobless
The only times I remember Glory being hurt were by a super-pissed off Willow (and that was only a little hurt) and in her final fight when a very specific magical artifact was used to weaken her. She was never really tested against someone like Vision but she does have durability feats to suggest she can hang with the heavy hitters, and there's her rarely seen super speed, usually used off camera to freak out the person trying to run from her by her appearing in front of them after they turn.

The Beast, like Glory, pretty much tanked everything thrown at him, including a shotgun blast to the face point blank and a hand grenade that he was pretty much standing on. He also seems to be able to generate heat and fly. He was only taken down by a weapon forged from his own skin. - again, never tested against this variety of super-powers though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.