Ready Player One

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
So here's a thread for one of my favorite books in recent history. Movie adaption is set for release early 2018. Helmed by the greatest director of all time Steven Spielberg.

So far

Wade Wotts - Tye Sheridan

Art3mis - Olivia Cooke

i-R0k - TJ Miller

Ogden Morrow - Simon Pegg

Nolan Sorento - Ben Mendelsohn

James Donovan Halliday - Mark Rylance

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1677720/

Thoughts???

ares834
Good cast. I've never read the book (always been a bigger fantasy guy myself) but I'm looking forward to it.

Firefly218
Originally posted by ares834
Good cast. I've never read the book (always been a bigger fantasy guy myself) but I'm looking forward to it. The awesome thing about RP1 is that it's a sci-fi that takes place inside a virtual fantasy Warcrafty kind of world.

I highly recommend the audiobook read by wil wheaton if you don't have time to read the book yourself. It's on iTunes for not too expensive.

Zack M
This will be shooting soon. Can't wait for this.

ares834
znavw4akfoY

Looks pretty cool. I never thought I'd see a live-action version of a bike from Akira.

carthage
I shit myself when I saw the Iron Giant

-Pr-
So many references...

Flyattractor
Looks Lame.

Ridley_Prime
Deathstroke... or Deadpool?

http://i.imgur.com/E7jicBm.png

-Pr-
Deathstroke I think, as Harley was walking beside him.

Flyattractor
That can be answered by which company owns the Film Right to Spawn... so yeah I am guessing it is D-Stroke.

Impediment
Looks interesting.

Never heard of the book or the film.

Intriguing, indeed.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
Deathstroke I think, as Harley was walking beside him.

I'm thinking Deathstroke too since WB's is one of the production companies.

Flyattractor
The only reason to watch this movie looks like to spot the Cookies. Other then that....

Dr Will Hatch
I splooged when I saw the trailer. I've read the novel, and while this movie looks like it won't make as many deep cuts into 80s nostalgia, it perfectly captured the tone of the story.

Kazenji
Also noticed Freddy Kreuger can be seen in the trailer and also Duke Nukem.

Adam Grimes
Yep, he was shot down lol.

Scythe
Dizzy from GoW? Lara Croft. A-Team Van! Harley and Deathstroke? Duke Nukem. Atari Logo on that Akira bike? Halo AR shootin' Freddy Krueger. Leonardo next to Iron Giant? Not sure what else I missed, besides the obvious ones like Iron Giant.

Ridley_Prime
8rqRWEv9YW8

Impediment
Looks like a lot of fun.

I recently read the book and was entertained, so the movie looks like a win for me.

Kazenji
The author of the book is doing a sequel with input from Spielberg

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/10/16758732/ernie-cline-ready-player-one-book-sequel

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
8rqRWEv9YW8

Looks like mega stimulation overload.

CPT Space Bomb
I couldn't be less interested..

Kazenji
I'm sure actual book is good

but i hope there's more to the movie then just game character cameo's.

quanchi112
I will see this but I do agree I'm not excited at all.

steverules_2
Only thing that interested me was the delorean

Patient_Leech
Yeah, this really looks like trash. I mean, knowing Spielberg it'll probably be pretty well-made trash, but still trash.

I expected Spielberg to sort of embrace modern CGI and various technology, but I honestly never would have expected him to go this far. This is too much.

jaden101
D_eZxSYRhco

jaden101
Saw an early screening of this tonight. Absolutely loved it. There's an entire scene set in The Overlook Hotel from The Shining that is tremendous and where else can you get The Iron Giant and Gundam fighting Mecha-Godzilla.

I saw it in 3D and it was the most unintrusive and flawless application of it so far.

Impediment
I'm excited to see Ready Player One.

Robtard
Same. Taking both my kids to it; looks great.

John Murdoch
Hoping to get to the teatro for this one for sure.

John Murdoch
Has anyone read the novel? One of my film buff buddies remarked, "Hopefully it's better than the book," after seeing the trailer before Black Panther.

EDIT: Changed a word.

Firefly218
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Has anyone read the novel? One of my film buff buddies remarked, "Hopefully it's better than the book," after seeing the trailer before Black Panther.

EDIT: Changed a word. I've read it and it's a fun book. When the book was first released it was getting universal praise but as soon as something gets too popular there's always people who gang up to hate on it and magnify its issues and belittle its strengths.

But whatever

jaden101

EDIT: Changed a word.

The book references a lot more obscure gaming history. The movie sticks to more movie references as it works better in the visual medium. The three main puzzles are completely different from the books.

BackFire
Surprised to hear this movie is good. Thought it kinda looked like shit. Might see it now.

jaden101
Originally posted by BackFire
Surprised to hear this movie is good. Thought it kinda looked like shit. Might see it now.

Its got the lady from room 237 in it. You'll have your cock out at the showing. It doesn't have the blowjob bear though.

BackFire
Originally posted by jaden101
You'll have your cock out at the showing.

I dunno, the theater says they've given me my last warning about that.

jaden101
Originally posted by BackFire
I dunno, the theater says they've given me my last warning about that.

Popcorn surprise time.

Kazenji
I've heard the movie is heaps better then the book.

Ridley_Prime
Have seen some people who presumed the movie would be shit based on how the book was, so am glad to be hearing some opinions to the contrary.

Flyattractor
This could be good but I would bet it will be this years Valerian.

Real Pretty but the story will suck.

Probably going to shove its Climate Change Narrative in the viewers faces.

Kazenji
https://i.imgur.com/HurrjOo.gif

Flyattractor
Yeah, you can PRETEND that LeftyWood don't play that game all you want.

Enjoy your trip to FEE FEE Ville in LaLa Land.

Patient_Leech
I'm still not particularly swayed by the good reviews for this. It still looks like a mess to me. I'll wait for streaming or something.

Flyattractor
Go watch Hardcore Henry instead. A True VR Movie.

Kazenji
Its a thumbs up from

also for me the Mecha-Godzilla in the movie didn't look at like Mecha-Godzilla

it was also good to see Goro in the film and done like how he is in the games

carthage

ares834
I enjoyed this as well. The movie was a lot of fun even if the plot and characters weren't all that great. Seeing all the various cameos was a blast. In particular, it was great seeing Spartans (from Halo) on the big screen. That's something I gave up seeing a long time ago.

Robtard
One of the better kid/family films I've seen in some time; defnitely something you want to see on the big screen. It's getting flak for not being good and I don't understand what people expected from a film like this?

I expected a fun adventure film with gobs of nostalgia and great SFX; I got that. I wasn't expecting Oscar-worthy level acting and story when going in.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
One of the better kid/family films I've seen in some time; defnitely something you want to see on the big screen. It's getting flak for not being good and I don't understand what people expected from a film like this?

I expected a fun adventure film with gobs of nostalgia and great SFX; I got that. I wasn't expecting Oscar-worthy level acting and story when going in.

Thanks for the review. This is what I expect from the film. I will see it, soon. This week, most likely.

Flyattractor
That just knoced this down to the Most Def Wait for Home Release before Seeing It List.

Insane Titan

Darth Thor
So what happened to Firefly?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Darth Thor
So what happened to Firefly?

He was a victim of a Self Perma Ban.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Flyattractor
He was a victim of a Self Perma Ban.

Why would someone request their own ban?

Flyattractor

Because "FeeFee's" ???

Flyattractor
I can tell this "review" is already more entertaining then this movie...

_KkGRT_4its

Darth Thor

Yeah thats what confused me too.

Dreampanther
Ready Player One (2018). 8/10.

Loads of fun. Much better than I thought it would be after all the negative comments and feedback. Typical Spielberg adventure romp set in a game world with an 80s soundtrack. Pity they couldn't bring everything in the book to screen but nevertheless I enjoyed it.

Patient_Leech
I just finished this and was pleasantly surprised to find it surprisingly entertaining.

Would recommend. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.