Dunkirk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
yM9BWtppzko

Robtard
Nolan + WWII, I'm in.

-Pr-
I've been reading up on this the last while. Guy is crazy devoted to not using CGI, so I'm interested to see how it goes.

marwash22
http://i.imgur.com/DjiNn7o.gif

Patient_Leech
Hm.. I'm gonna need to see more. Not just gonna get a boner because it's Christopher Nolan.

Odd that two major directors have movies revolving around WWII. I'm probably more interested in Mel Gibson's, but will need to see more of this.

marwash22
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hm.. I'm gonna need to see more. Not just gonna get a boner because it's Christopher Nolan. get hard or gtfo, son.

Firefly218
Looks fuking fantastic

BruceSkywalker
Nolan has never disappointed me so looking forward to seeing this

dynamix
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

thumb up

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

You must have skipped Interstellar sick

jaden101
Actually forget this thread and film. It's got Harry Styles from One Direction in it. **** this movie. 😂

Robtard
I'm assuming in a minor role? Cos we have Hardy and Branagh.

Quincy
You must have skipped Interstellar sick

BruceSkywalker
(auto quote)

i enjoyed that a lot..

aanyways saw the teaser prior to Suicide Squad and this looks freaking excellent..

roughrider
The trailer showed at the movies tonight. Some dingbat woman behind me said out loud, after it finished "I don't get it!" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Read some books, sweetheart.

Robtard
You should have turned around and told her "it's about the Crimean war, when Washington was king of Asia and everyone wanted a piece."

SquallX
Originally posted by Robtard
You should have turned around and told her "it's about the Crimean war, when Washington was king of Asia and everyone wanted a piece."

HA! Jokes on you buddy, because she would have turn around and scream stop oppressing and raping me. big grin

Robtard
Why would she say that to the person behind her?

Josh23
Waiting for the movie ever since Nolan announced it. The teaser looks good.

Zack M
This looked great on the big screen. This will win best picture at the Oscars. Just a prediction.

playa1258
It should make up for Saving Private Ryan getting robbed.

Kazenji
F-eMt3SrfFU

Patient_Leech
Not that it doesn't look good, but it just doesn't strike my interest all that much.

I like Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy a lot, though. I also like the sort of overcast/muted/grey color tone. But I'm just not that interested.

I don't see it being nearly as interesting to me as Hacksaw Ridge.

BruceSkywalker
can't wait.. looks excellent

alanbishopman
Dunkirk: Hacksaw Ridge for non-pacifists

jaden101
_cmgiys2n1o

Patient_Leech
I'm honestly kind of burnt out on WWII flicks for a while... meh

Zack M
Same. Ill probably wait for DVD.

|King Joker|
This is getting phenomenal reviews, with even some talk of Best Picture. I'm hyped.

playa1258
Review embargo has lifted. Being called the best film of 2017 so far.

Patient_Leech
Now that I think about it, Nolan's sort of drab and subdued style and tone might work really well for a WWII film.

Might be a match made in heaven (or hell?).

BruceSkywalker
This is one helluva movie.. I'm glad there was hardly no dialogue. Nolan does it again.. That man is an auteur.

Patient_Leech
Cool. I'm still waiting for small screen on this one, though.

Nolan is a conceptual filmmaker, and to me his films are just as good on a smaller screen.

BruceSkywalker
Cool. I'm still waiting for small screen on this one, though.

Nolan is a conceptual filmmaker, and to me his films are just as good on a smaller screen.

then you better save up and buy a 100 inch smart tv then...
haha

ares834
Not sure what exactly to think of the film. Admittedly I'm normally not a fan of these types of films so I wasn't all that engrossed in the plot or characters. However, it was very intense and suspenseful.

I'll definitely echo Bruce here though, if you want to see this check this out in theaters. The sound design is great and is what makes this film work, I can't see it nearly having the same impact at home.

Flyattractor
Wow this movie isn't even 2 hours long....When is the last time THAT HAPPENED!?

That is a Big + for me.

|King Joker|
This was incredible, 10/10 for me. And yeah, you have to see this in theaters. I saw it in IMAX and the sounds and music really pull you in and make the experience so much better.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by |King Joker|
This was incredible, 10/10 for me. And yeah, you have to see this in theaters. I saw it in IMAX and the sounds and music really pull you in and make the experience so much better.

thumb up

btw so much for this not making money. hahahahahahaha

avasmith6307
I watch this movie last night from a online website. I just search Dunkirk mp4 and I found this movie on number one on google search. Awesome movie love it!

Flyattractor
Love how the SJW Critic Hax are bitching about there not being enough DIVERSITY in this movie....Lolz!

Robtard
Catching it this weekend, can't wait. Love me a good WW2 flick.

Sable
Same here

playa1258
It was amazing.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Love how the SJW Critic Hax are bitching about there not being enough DIVERSITY in this movie....Lolz!

Lol yes. Complaining there are too many white people.

So a movie about slavery in the early 1800's would surely receive complaints if all the slaves were played by solely black actors.

BruceSkywalker
so much for the silly naysayers thinking this wasn't gonna money...

seems everything nolan touches turns to gold...

after tomorrow $200 million plus worldwide...

http://deadline.com/2017/07/dunkirk-international-box-office-100-million-on-way-to-200-million-globally-1202138644/

Flyattractor
It is less then 2 hours long and has almost no dialogue. I think Hollywood could learn a lot from this....or at least I wish they would.

Surtur
Nolan's next film is about the first Native Americans in this country.

People will complain there aren't enough transgender vikings in the movie.

Adam Grimes
Why is having barely any dialogue a good thing? I've heard it from other people and I'm genuinely interested.

jaden101
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Why is having barely any dialogue a good thing? I've heard it from other people and I'm genuinely interested.

Seems liked it's purpose was for the viewer to project their own personality onto the characters.

That and for 1 of the 3 stories there's no dialogue between the two men because it's revealed later that one of them is French in a stolen British uniform. It's only when the One Direction guy threatens to shoot him as a German spy that he finally speaks.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur
Nolan's next film is about the first Native Americans in this country.

People will complain there aren't enough transgender vikings in the movie.

i'll see that if he directs big grin big grin

Surtur
Reminds me of how in the upcoming Call of Duty you can play as a black female nazi in multiplayer if you want lol.

Flyattractor
I heard that the word Nazi isn't mentioned once in the movie.
Also heard that if you don't pay attention in the first few minutes of the movie, you won't even know that it is the GERMANS that are the "Bad Guys".

Might go see this next weekend.

Surtur
The sequel will be "DunKirked". Captain Kirk travels back in time to fight Klingon Nazis.

Flyattractor
They already did that on Enterprise.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
They already did that on Enterprise.

Those weren't Klingons though.

Robtard
This film was excellent, highly recommend to catch this in the theater. Loved the use of the same scene being shown from multiple viewpoints to bring the plots closer together.

edit: One of the previews I saw is an upcoming film on Churchill starring Gary Oldman as the Churchill, that also looks excellent. 'Darkness Hour' (2017)

jaden101
Originally posted by Robtard
This film was excellent, highly recommend to catch this in the theater. Loved the use of the same scene being shown from multiple viewpoints to bring the plots closer together.

edit: One of the previews I saw is an upcoming film on Churchill starring Gary Oldman as the Churchill, that also looks excellent. "Darkness Hour"

There's also one with Brian Cox as Churchill. Which is ironic because Brian Cox is from Dundee and Churchill hated Dundee as he was kicked out as MP after 14 years after being defeated at the election by the only MP ever to get elected to Parliament on the issue of prohibition.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
There's also one with Brian Cox as Churchill. Which is ironic because Brian Cox is from Dundee and Churchill hated Dundee as he was kicked out as MP after 14 years after being defeated at the election by the only MP ever to get elected to Parliament on the issue of prohibition.

Thanks, will check it out. This one seems to center towards the end of the war, while Oldman's at the early stages.

BackFire
Saw this film a few days ago.

On a technical level, it was impressive. However, I simply found myself not very invested in anything that was going on and didn't really care about any of the characters. As spectacle it was good, and it was unique for a war film of this nature, but I was a bit disappointed. Still enjoyed it well enough, but with the reviews I expected and hoped to like it more.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire

On a technical level, it was impressive. However, I simply found myself not very invested in anything that was going on and didn't really care about any of the characters. As spectacle it was good, and it was unique for a war film of this nature, but I was a bit disappointed. Still enjoyed it well enough, but with the reviews I expected and hoped to like it more.

^ Obvious Nazi sympathizer

Adam Grimes

On a technical level, it was impressive. However, I simply found myself not very invested in anything that was going on and didn't really care about any of the characters. As spectacle it was good, and it was unique for a war film of this nature, but I was a bit disappointed. Still enjoyed it well enough, but with the reviews I expected and hoped to like it more. I watched it yesterday and felt the same way tbh.

Insane Titan

On a technical level, it was impressive. However, I simply found myself not very invested in anything that was going on and didn't really care about any of the characters. As spectacle it was good, and it was unique for a war film of this nature, but I was a bit disappointed. Still enjoyed it well enough, but with the reviews I expected and hoped to like it more. thumb up this echoes my feelings in the movie too.

I thought it was good and I appreciated the "old fashioned" way it was made etc with no cgi. But I was left wanting more from it. Part of me thinks that's because we are spoiled nowadays with movies as there seems to be a big blockbuster/epic movie out every other week.

Adam Grimes
Frankly, what I personally didn't enjoy was the minimalistic approach to the dialogue and character development. The only characters that got a somewhat interesting development during the movie were One Direction guy and Scarecrow.

Patient_Leech
I finished watching this last night and my feelings reflect what's already been said: The character development was very lacking, so I really didn't care what happened to anyone (and that's a big flaw for a war film, imo), but the spectacle was entertaining. The cinematography was a little inconsistent in my opinion, too. There were stunning shots of magnificent beauty with terrible hand-held shaky cam mixed in every once in a while. That drives me nuts. Also, why did the aspect ratio keep changing? That's just distracting. Pick one and stick with it (preferably 16:9).

I'll actually be a little annoyed if this gets a Best Picture nomination. I don't know why Christopher Nolan gets a pass on so many flaws. Interstellar was massively flawed, too. The consensus on RT for this is extremely misleading...

Firefly218
Dunkirk has more emotion than people understand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.