Thor vs Chronicals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Thor vs 3 Chronical boys. Fight takes place in LA. No lightning in this match up.

KingD19
Thor's strong enough to tank whatever they throw. And they're pretty tough too, as they shrugged off getting a bus to a face through a building. Buuuut, they have to focus to keep their force fields up. I can see Thor wearing them down.

carver9
Originally posted by KingD19
Thor's strong enough to tank whatever they throw. And they're pretty tough too, as they shrugged off getting a bus to a face through a building. Buuuut, they have to focus to keep their force fields up. I can see Thor wearing them down.

Where was it mentioned about them having to focus when putting their shields up?

FrothByte
Originally posted by carver9
Where was it mentioned about them having to focus when putting their shields up?

When one of them got skewered in the back while he wasn't paying attention?

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
When one of them got skewered in the back while he wasn't paying attention?

^ Yeah this.

Also I think it was Andrew or Matt who pointed out that as long as they were prepared, it was really hard to hurt them. Like when he stabbed his hand with the fork and it broke the fork. It's probably why Steve got killed by the lightning bolt. He wasn't expecting Andrew to zap him with it.

Scoobless
I have no idea what you are all talking about..... what is "Chronical"?

KingD19
He spelled it wrong. He meant "Chronicle".

Scoobless
He spelled it wrong. He meant "Chronicle".

I knew the word was spelled wrong, but being fiction, sci-fi or fantasy a lot of words are changed on purpose.

I wasn't being facetious though, I don't know what Chronicle is. TV show or movie? old or new?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Scoobless
I wasn't being facetious though, I don't know what Chronicle is. TV show or movie? old or new?

A relatively recent film (2012), about three teenagers who find this weird thing underground, which gives them telekinetic powers. But one of the three ends up going kind of crazy as his powers develop, starting to view himself as an "apex predator". By the end of the film, they were pretty powerful. For example, during the end battle, one of them telekinetically hits another one with a bus (while both are levitating hundreds of feet above the ground), and smashes him into the side of a building with it, yet the person who got hit's TK shields are strong enough that he could tank the force/impact without any damage.

The film is actually pretty decent overall. Worth checking out, IMO.

4oXDZMsjvUM

KingD19
A movie from a few years ago. Three friends find a meteorite and it gives them telekinetic powers. Of the three, Steve has the most raw power(he moved a car as one of his first feats), Andrew has the most finite control(did a lot of magic tricks and made lego figures and such), while Matt is somewhere in the middle.

They eventually learn how to fly(Steve did it first, showing the most growth and power), learn they can basically make tk forcefields as long as they're ready for an attack(tank getting smashed in the face with a bus through a building), and they can even manipulate the weather as Andrew killed Steve with a lightning bolt. Towards the end they're multi-ton level with their TK, with assumed durability to match, and have at least supersonic flight.

Scoobless
Oh yeah, I watched that streaming online... my connection was crap and it kept freezing so I got a bad impression of it.

TheVaultDweller
A movie from a few years ago. Three friends find a meteorite and it gives them telekinetic powers. Of the three, Steve has the most raw power(he moved a car as one of his first feats), Andrew has the most finite control(did a lot of magic tricks and made lego figures and such), while Matt is somewhere in the middle.

They eventually learn how to fly(Steve did it first, showing the most growth and power), learn they can basically make tk forcefields as long as they're ready for an attack(tank getting smashed in the face with a bus through a building), and they can even manipulate the weather as Andrew killed Steve with a lightning bolt. Towards the end they're multi-ton level with their TK, with assumed durability to match, and have at least supersonic flight.

I think Steve showed such rapid development, at least in terms of raw power, because he was already both naturally athletic and highly intelligent. And I think they described the ability as being similar to a muscle. Exercise it to get stronger, but overdo it, and you can hurt yourself (like when Steve gave himself a serious nosebleed after the first time he moved a car). So Steve would probably have a natural affinity for developing something like that. Andrew got as powerful as he did because he spent nearly all his time practicing. Matt seemed more interested in hooking up with that girl than really seeing what he was capable of, which is why he always seemed half a step behind the other two. Which says a lot about their power levels, considering he was the one who tanked the bus.

KingD19
Yeah. You basically had Mr. Perfect(Steve), the Perfectionist(Andrew), and the Slacker(Matt) in that order. Andrew only killed Steve because his guard was down, and it seemed to be at least partially accidental because he was having a hissy fit. And Matt only took Andrew down because he pulled his head out of his ass, and took advantage of him still being heavily injured and not right in the head.

carver9
During the ending fight, was th crazy one shaking the ciity?

KingD19
It seemed he was. After his TK wave swept away all the cops, things started to shake and glass started to break.

ShadowFyre
Thor wins without serious injury, but he is gonna get knocked around a bit. They were actually quite powerful. They would probably be about Iron Man level at max. Still quite a bit from causing significant damage to Hulk, Thor,Kurse etc. These three vs. Tony would be a good fight I think.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Thor wins without serious injury, but he is gonna get knocked around a bit. They were actually quite powerful. They would probably be about Iron Man level at max. Still quite a bit from causing significant damage to Hulk, Thor,Kurse etc. These three vs. Tony would be a good fight I think.
Tony dies a horrible death against those 3

KingD19
Andrew at full health could probably just crush Tony in his armor.

TheVaultDweller
Depends which armour. If he is in his Civil War armour, one of them could probably just crush him in his suit. Fact is that armour was not even close to his best. Even his IM1 armour was more durable. Based on feats, his Civil War armour would get wrecked from the assault stretching from the 2:20 to 3:00 mark.

D13FHsHfz6I

Utrigita
Thor should win in the long run, by simply wearing them down, but I'll also admit that I can see scenarios where the three from chronicles win. We have no idea what they can accomplish if they actually worked together against a common foe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.