Kylo Ren vs Pong Krell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

chingchangwalla
Dear god.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Dear god. ?????

Jmanghan
Consensus is that Pong Krell = Canon Grievous.

MythLord
KEK, so Krell dies to Gungans.

Anyways, Canon GG is solidly ahead of Krell in any capacity and Kylo should probably beat him. His control and power over the Force impresses me more and he seems to be adaptable enough not to get overwhelmed by a mook flailing saberstaffs around.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
KEK, so Krell dies to Gungans.

Anyways, Canon GG is solidly ahead of Krell in any capacity and Kylo should probably beat him. His control and power over the Force impresses me more and he seems to be adaptable enough not to get overwhelmed by a mook flailing saberstaffs around. Most people in the EU would have trouble wielding 2 saberstaffs.

chingchangwalla
What evidence is there to support Pong Krell's inferiority to Grievous?

Zenwolf
What evidence is there to support Pong Krell's inferiority to Grievous?

He hasn't fought any Force Users. ...Pretty much the whole argument really.

chingchangwalla
It's all assuming that Krell can't do it against a force user.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Zenwolf
He hasn't fought any Force Users. ...Pretty much the whole argument really. And Canon Grievous' best feat is beating ...

Uh...

...Gimme a second...

Eeth Koth(?)

I guess.

chingchangwalla
Contending briefly with a Prime Maul...

Jmanghan
Contending briefly with a Prime Maul... And losing to Asajj Ventress, and Kit Fisto, and struggling against Nahder Vebb.

Not being able to beat Eeth Koth without his Magnaguards.

Being pushed by TCW Ahsoka, ffs.

ares834
lmao

The only character coming out of the cartoons looking more pathetic than Maul is Grievous. Though admittedly, in this case, it is keeping in-line with the films.

chingchangwalla
Struggling against Vebb... Yep that's correct :/
Wasn't being pushed by Ashoka...
His 'loss' to Ventress is just a testament to her skill. It's not far fetched to say Ventress can contend and win a couple of times against peak Grievous.
His loss to Fisto is not bad :/ and losing to Koth is probably just there to show how skilled all council members are, like Gallia lasting against Savage. But yeah I will agree that losing to trash like Eeth Koth is disgusting when he's pwning Shaak Ti and Mundi plus 3 others on Hypori.

The_Tempest
Ares, does it bother you that Krell would own Kylo?

ares834
No. Why would it?

Ziggystardust
Does it bother you that Snoke might take up the disney mantle of primera?

Zenwolf
Struggling against Vebb... Yep that's correct :/
Wasn't being pushed by Ashoka...
His 'loss' to Ventress is just a testament to her skill. It's not far fetched to say Ventress can contend and win a few times against peak Grievous.
His loss to Fisto is not bad :/ and losing to Koth is probably just there to show how skilled all council members are, like Gallia lasting against Savage. But yeah I will agree that losing to trash like Eeth Koth is disgusting when he's pwning Shaak Ti and Mundi plus 3 others on Hypori.

The latter bit is why I think we shouldn't take either Canon or Legends into account at the same time, yes TCW was apart of Legends, but it's also Canon so really it shouldn't even be in Legends anymore.

Trying to fit TCW to characters within Legends just seems bizarre really as the EU has them completely different in terms of characterization, abilities, events and so forth compared to what the Canon now shows.

So I say we just ignore TCW altogether if were arguing Legends too. But that's just me.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by ares834
No. Why would it?

Because you're a despicable TFA apologist.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Zenwolf
The latter bit is why I think we shouldn't take either Canon or Legends into account at the same time, yes TCW was apart of Legends, but it's also Canon so really it shouldn't even be in Legends anymore.

Trying to fit TCW to characters within Legends just seems bizarre really as the EU has them completely different in terms of characterization, abilities, events and so forth compared to what the Canon now shows.

So I say we just ignore TCW altogether if were arguing Legends too. But that's just me.

Yeah, everything in TCW should be taken with a grain of salt. All the 'powerful' characters are extremely underpowered and fodder Jedi/Sith are overpowered.

Jmanghan
Well, its not just simply because its canon.

Dave Filoni's opinion on Grievous is that he shouldn't be able to take a force user in a battle.

chingchangwalla
Filoni is dickhead. Don't you ****ing dare buy into anything he believes

Jmanghan
Filoni is dickhead. Don't you ****ing dare buy into anything he believes I was saying that in Grievous' favor.

We know he can take high-end force users, because he's done so.

darthbane77
Probably Krell

Deronn_solo
Krell.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.