Luke, Palpatine, Plageius, and Revan vs. The Dread Council

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ascendancy
The council has been resurrected and is intent on bringing chaos and terror to the entirety of the galaxy. Only these four stand against them.

Setting is the Dread Fortress. The masters are at full power and ready to unleash their onslaught. The partnership of Sith and Jedi are their peak versions.

Who wins?

DarthAnt66
Revan can come close to soloing (if not completely). erm Adding in Luke, Palpatine, and Plagueis is utter overkill.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan can come close to soloing (if not completely). erm

Lolno.

DarthAnt66
The Dread Masters share a pool of power - power that when distributed among four (?), the eight protagonists (only four of which are Force-sensitive) can best them completely.

When all six are together, they might have greater teamwork, but one immensely powerful being is always going to be better than six slices of that legitimate power.

Especially considering Revan can resist their illusions and sorcery anyway. thumb up

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Ascendancy
The council has been resurrected and is intent on bringing chaos and terror to the entirety of the galaxy. Only these four stand against them.

Setting is the Dread Fortress. The masters are at full power and ready to unleash their onslaught. The partnership of Sith and Jedi are their peak versions.

Who wins?

Haha. Man, that's a good one.

chingchangwalla
Pick two of these blokes and they should be able to win with large difficulty.

Ascendancy
The Dread Masters share a pool of power - power that when distributed among four (?), the eight protagonists (only four of which are Force-sensitive) can best them completely.

When all six are together, they might have greater teamwork, but one immensely powerful being is always going to be better than six slices of that legitimate power.

Especially considering Revan can resist their illusions and sorcery anyway. thumb up
Where are you drawing your numbers from? Styrak, Tyrans, Bestia, Brontes, Calphayus, Raptus.

DarthAnt66
Right. And the Dread Council final room was with four of them (Tyrans, Bestia, Calphayus, and Raptus) against the eight protagonists.

After fighting, the Dread retreated back to their thrones and summoned the spirits of the final two (Styrak and Brontes).

Ascendancy
Which is why I said all have been resurrected, the fight simply takes place in the chambers with all six at peak power and capable of all feats they've demonstrated.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Which is why I said all have been resurrected, the fight simply takes place in the chambers with all six at peak power and capable of all feats they've demonstrated.
https://bigtonysfantasyleague.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/missed-the-point.png

The Dread Masters are not six Revan-tier entities.

They're one Revan-tier entity that distribute said power among six.

https://cdn.teachersprintables.net/samples/Pie_Chart_Template-6_Slices.png

And in Star Wars, it's easier to defeat six slices working individually than an entire pie contained within one vessel.

In other words, a Dread Master fighting alone is more powerful than all six fighting together, generally speaking.

MythLord
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Pick two of these blokes and they should be able to win without large difficulty.

Fix'd.

Ascendancy
https://bigtonysfantasyleague.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/missed-the-point.png

The Dread Masters are not six Revan-tier entities.

They're one Revan-tier entity that distribute said power among six.

https://cdn.teachersprintables.net/samples/Pie_Chart_Template-6_Slices.png

And in Star Wars, it's easier to defeat six slices working individually than an entire pie contained within one vessel.

In other words, a Dread Master fighting alone is more powerful than all six fighting together, generally speaking.

To be defeated as four embodied powers and two in spirit it took the equivalent of 8 Heroes of Tython, Wraths, Noxi, etc. Both the Empire and Republic feared what they were capable of and were willing to combine forces to fight them. Nice visual aids though, your smug is appreciated.

DarthAnt66
No, it took four HoT's (i.e. the four Force-sensitive protags) and four Han Solo's (i.e. the four non-Force sensitive protags).

As in, when their power was distributed among four, a HoT and a Han Solo duo bested one of the four Dread Masters into retreat.

When their power is divided among six, it's honestly going to take less than a HoT to beat them individually.

Ascendancy
So it doesn't take an 8 man team to beat them? I guess I was raiding in a different game.

DarthAnt66
No, it took four HoT's (i.e. the four Force-sensitive protags)

+

= 8. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
People have to stop pretending they actually comprehend how the Dread Masters' power works. Bestia was crushing slave revolts as an acolyte, Styrak is an incomparable Sith alchemist, and they're all force prodigies who have lived for 600-700 years studying the dark side/phobis devices, to the extent that they possess an "unprecedented" command of the dark side. Actually believing it'd take a sub-HoT tier, (Ant, since you have HoT Kenobi tier, I assume you mean like, Ventress tier? Hilarious. laughing out loud ) to defeat a Single Dread Master is ludicrous.

NewGuy01
True; it's much easier just to know that they're collectively fodder before the Emperor, whose power we have a better understanding of. thumb up

carthage
Any of them solo

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by NewGuy01
True; it's much easier just to know that they're collectively fodder before the Emperor, whose power we have a better understanding of. thumb up

Well yeah, probably because the Emperor is even more learned, even more long-lived, and even more prodigious than them, and his insanity is far beyond anything the dark side can conjure up according to the Revan Novel. I never said anyone on the team can't solo. I more or less meant that actually believing a single Dread Master ~ Ventress is retarded.

Nephthys
thumb up

DarthAnt66
There;s a considerable gap between Kenobii and Ventress level. erm

Nephthys
Not really.

DarthAnt66
Point is that even if the Dread collective is Palpatine level, they have no chance here.

Nephthys
Yeah, it sure does make sense that they'd be more effective as a single person than with 6 people, lol. Aren't they said to only reach their full powers when its all of them gathered together?

Revan would get freaking gangbanged by powers.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, it sure does make sense that they'd be more effective as a single person than with 6 people, lol.
thumb up

Nephthys
I remember when people legitimately argued that Obi-Wan could solo them. The Masters are horrifically underrated.

DarthAnt66
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthant66/blog/the-dread-masters-respect-thread/97192/

NewGuy01
While I do find the general idea agreeable, I also think that you're looking at the Dread Masters from the wrong angle.

I think the best way to visualize their power is to consider the DM's a single force user that operates through six expressions. Think of it as a Six Paths of Pain scenario, but operating without the involvement of a "puppet master"; instead, the Dread are like a hive mind.

Fighting all six of them is much more dangerous than fighting any single one of them, in any case. Just like in the case of Pain, you're dealing with the same power, but coming from six different directions, with six different complementary ability types. Even sharing between six individuals, because their power is connected, any one of them can draw power from the others at any time as needed.

EDIT: This team would still slaughter them with contemptuous ease, though.

DarthAnt66
That contradicts the operations though, in which Brontes nearly bests the operation team alone, but when the remaining four are united together, they are still defeated.

NewGuy01
1.) Is it stated the Brontes nearly bested the operation team alone?

2.) Was Brontes fought during the same operation as the united masters?

DarthAnt66
1.) Is it stated the Brontes nearly bested the operation team alone?
The narrator stated Brontes was "playing around" with them until late in the fight.

No. Although they do resurrect her spirit during the Dread Council finale fight.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
While I do find the general idea agreeable, I also think that you're looking at the Dread Masters from the wrong angle.

I think the best way to visualize their power is to consider the DM's a single force user that operates through six expressions. Think of it as a Six Paths of Pain scenario, but operating without the involvement of a "puppet master"; instead, the Dread are like a hive mind.

Fighting all six of them is much more dangerous than fighting any single one of them, in any case. Just like in the case of Pain, you're dealing with the same power, but coming from six different directions, with six different complementary ability types. Even sharing between six individuals, because their power is connected, any one of them can draw power from the others at any time as needed.

EDIT: This team would still slaughter them with contemptuous ease, though.

thumb up

DarthAnt66
Fair enough. That makes sense too. thumb up

The Ellimist
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
People have to stop pretending they actually comprehend how the Dread Masters' power works. Bestia was crushing slave revolts as an acolyte, Styrak is an incomparable Sith alchemist, and they're all force prodigies who have lived for 600-700 years studying the dark side/phobis devices, to the extent that they possess an "unprecedented" command of the dark side. Actually believing it'd take a sub-HoT tier, (Ant, since you have HoT Kenobi tier, I assume you mean like, Ventress tier? Hilarious. laughing out loud ) to defeat a Single Dread Master is ludicrous.

What does any of this mean though? Crushing slave revolts? Being an "incomparable" alchemist? Being a "prodigy"? Living very long?

Anyway, regardless of whether you think Ventress could take a dread master, this team absolutely annihilates them with ease. Luke, Palpatine and Plagueis could solo with laughable ease - probably Revan too.

darthbane77
Luke solos, Palpatine solos, Revan has a good shot at soloing, Plagueis has a good chance of soling.

AncientPower
Dread Masters had mad wank in beta, iirc there was a codex entry in which it was mentioned that the Emperor took one of the Phobis devices from them so they could never again be at full power, because at full power they had become a genuine threat to his power.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

SunRazer
Just about any of these characters solo.

Nephthys
Ventress would get vaporised by a Dread Master.

SunRazer
Ventress isn't here, lmfao. Luke, Palpatine, Plagueis and Revan would each solo.

The Dread Fortress becomes the next Malachor V after this slaughterhouse thumb up

The Ellimist
Originally posted by SunRazer
Ventress isn't here, lmfao. Luke, Palpatine, Plagueis and Revan would each solo.

The Dread Fortress becomes the next Malachor V after this slaughterhouse thumb up

thumb up

Ascendancy
I honestly don't see all the calls saying that any of the team solos. Revan for instance was not alone when he faced Vitiate, yet was defeated thoroughly by him. Vitiate feared to have The Dread Masters acting in concert with one another and saw them as doing so as more than a real threat to himself. It takes an entire team of the most noteworthy combatants in the galaxy to take them down each time and then to finally defeat them, and they never face the entirety of the council in peak, corporeal form as would be seen here.

My team was indeed overkill so that point I submit and I'll have to redo the thread, but I don't see any of this crew walking in and 1 v 6ing the entire council. Palpatine feared going near Gethzerion or having her get off world and coming anywhere near him. Considering that he saw her as a valid threat to his life that doesn't suggest to me that he would have what it would take to deal with the raw power and arcane knowledge of the Council on his own. Were his abilities ever so great that he could reach out and drive an entire fleet into madness through the Force? Were his or Plagueis' machinations with the dark side ever enough to corrupt planets or moons the way the Council did with Oricon? Almost the whole of them had means of striking even powerful Force users dead in nearly an instant from their showings.

I'm game for arguments otherwise, so what is it that suggests to those saying so that anyone would be capable of soloing this collective?

SunRazer
Revan was thoroughly defeated by Vitiate in single combat, in the heart of Dromund Kaas's immensely powerful DS nexus. Once he had Scourge and Meetra on his side, Scourge saw various possibilities where either side could win, but he betrayed Surik and struck her down, which allowed Vitiate to cheap-shot Revan. The Emperor never "thoroughly defeated" the entire trio.

Vitiate had the Dread Masters acting in concert for years, lol. And after the DM threat, the Wrath later suggests that they're nothing next to Vitiate.

The Ellimist
Regardless, it's not as if Vitiate or Valkorion, or both versions together would've stood a chance against this team. Throw in the dread masters with them and they still lose, lmfao.

MS Warehouse
This is a mismatch. The dread masters get slaughtered. Even vitiate and valkorion would have a hard time standing up to peak luke and de sidious. Plagueis and revan would be overkill.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.