Plo Koon vs Depa Billaba

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Balta Skywalker
Both at prime.

Jmanghan
Billaba, possibly.

Balta Skywalker
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Billaba, possibly.

Good match up, huh?!
Heh! I seriously have no idea.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Balta Skywalker
Good match up, huh?!
Heh! I seriously have no idea.

Lol I had to tell you about it. It'll probably be one of the better videos on my channel.

Balta Skywalker
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Lol I had to tell you about it. It'll probably be one of the better videos on my channel.

Dude, it will be! It'll bring so many people to your channel!

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
laughing out loud

Balta Skywalker
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
laughing out loud

What?

Fated Xtasy
Ngl. You guys are cute rn.

I am Depa's castellan if you'd like I could engage you in a debate, children stick out tongue

carthage
I don't really take her showings in Shatterpoint seriously, but in terms of feats they're honestly pretty close. I guess its just a matter of preference if you prefer her doing ok against Grievous to Plo holding off Ventress with a broken arm, he is undoubtedly more powerful in the force.

But in terms of lightsaber skill, they aren't too different imo

MythLord
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I am Depa's castellan if you'd like I could engage you in a debate, children stick out tongue

Fite me.

|King Joker|
WollfMyth vs. Fated Xtasy, Plo Koon vs. Depa Billaba. I like it. smile

MythLord
I don't even like Plo, and prefer Billaba infinitely more, I just want to debate someone. smile

Balta Skywalker
Oh, this is gonna be intresting.

Emperordmb
I've been looking forward to this ever since Fated called Myth a fool smile

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I've been looking forward to this ever since Fated called Myth a fool smile

It was imbecile actually. And i was butthurt he took my Depa thread tbfh.

Originally posted by |King Joker|
WollfMyth vs. Fated Xtasy, Plo Koon vs. Depa Billaba. I like it. smile
wink

Originally posted by MythLord
I don't even like Plo, and prefer Billaba infinitely more, I just want to debate someone. smile

Do you wanna do Composite, Legends only or Canon only?

Originally posted by carthage
I don't really take her showings in Shatterpoint seriously, but in terms of feats they're honestly pretty close. I guess its just a matter of preference if you prefer her doing ok against Grievous to Plo holding off Ventress with a broken arm, he is undoubtedly more powerful in the force.

But in terms of lightsaber skill, they aren't too different imo

Well. The fight is circumstantial. But it's evident that Mace does seriously consider her his equal, at least in combat. If people don't believe that(which is fine) its pretty clear that he considers her better than Bulq so we can scale by that i guess.

MythLord
Do you wanna do Composite, Legends only or Canon only?

Canon Plo has very little feats. Composite, please.

Fated Xtasy
Canon Plo has very little feats. Composite, please.

Very well. I leave the first move, to you.

MythLord
I called you out, shouldn't you strike first blood? But, whatever... My post will be up soon(I hope).

Balta Skywalker
Haha! This is awesome.

Fated Xtasy
I called you out, shouldn't you strike first blood? But, whatever... My post will be up soon(I hope).

I'll kick your hide so bad, you'll be reduced to your Jasper gem stick out tongue

MythLord
Oh please, you're nothing but a Crystal Runt. Debating is what I was made for, it's what you were made for. You're a Star Wars debater, like me, but you're not like me... You're weak.

Those who say you're a good debater have low standards. You could've been me, but what are you instead? Just a joke.

Now that I'm done quoting Jasper, I'll get to work on mah post

Fated Xtasy
Oh please, you're nothing but a Crystal Runt. Debating is what I was made for, it's what you were made for. You're a Star Wars debater, like me, but you're not like me... You're weak.

Those who say you're a good debater have low standards. You could've been me, but what are you instead? Just a joke.

Now that I'm done quoting Jasper, I'll get to work on mah post

https://secure.static.tumblr.com/43d6823b3bb7791fa11c94311d669cf2/gorso8f/YKAnz4sx7/tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.gif

Jmanghan
https://secure.static.tumblr.com/43d6823b3bb7791fa11c94311d669cf2/gorso8f/YKAnz4sx7/tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.gif That wiggle tho.

MythLord
https://secure.static.tumblr.com/43d6823b3bb7791fa11c94311d669cf2/gorso8f/YKAnz4sx7/tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.gif

Let's dance...

https://media.giphy.com/media/n0KUVQRm8VxlK/giphy.gif

I'll keep things short and simple: Depa really has no significant advantages in this fight to net her a majority.

She might have a physical advantage in terms of strength, but that wouldn't matter much given Plo's capability of matching Savage in a bladelock, one-handed:

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/5364687-bladelock.png

The fact that, through the entire fight, not once was there a moment that Opress overwhelmed Plo through strength, I find it doubtful Depa's strength advantage would matter.

Regarding endurance, they strike me as relatively on par; both have managed to keep fighting after a gruesome injury. For Depa, I'm of course referring to her taking a slash to the back from Grievous, and for Plo that'd have to be a kick from an enraged Opress to the face:

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/5364688-kick+to+da+face.png

And regarding speed, I'd probably see Koon as superior. He's taken down a battalion of droids and ran across a massive distance simultaneously, in the amount of time it takes a droid to say three words.

But none of these gaps should really be big enough to make any difference, tbh. Though, I do believe Plo's speed would be a bigger advantage than Depa's strength, given how the gap is likely bigger and Plo has never been phased by facing strength duelists even stronger than Depa, meanwhile speed-based offensives, with a hint of strength to them, did seem to overwhelm Billaba(looking at her fight with Grievous).

Regarding skill, Depa's certainly his technical superior, i.e. she mastered more forms and refined her skill to a higher degree. However, who is combatively superior is sorta hard to determine. On the one hand, Plo fought Asajj with a broken arm(which, despite being a rather small hinderance, was still a hinderance nonetheless), to somewhat of a stand-still and stalemated Savage Opress for a lengthy period of time, even landing several hits on Opress. Now, while the Clones did aid Koon, it's worth noting they were all dispatched by Opress just waving his hand, and in one point were more hinderances than assets(they forced Koon to lower his guard, thus allowing Savage to rip his mask off).

While Plo is possibly inferior to either Asajj or Savage, he's certainly comparable. Similarly, Depa has an excellent performance on Grievous, to the point where she manages to disarm him... just to nearly get cleaved in half and driven into a desperate retreat.

Of course, this shouldn't be held against her, but this is TCW/Canon Grievous we're talking about and his track record isn't exactly the greatest. Sure, he's a talented warrior, but compared to his EU self he's by all account inferior, and even in juxtaposition to Savage and Asajj he's only their rival, in-canon.

So, if anyone is a better combative duelist, that'd be Plo given a superior performance against threats of similar calibre, but as duelists they're nigh-evenly matched.

And when we get to Force Powers, I see Plo taking an advantage. His feats are just superior, and his usage of it in combat just strikes me as better than Depa's. In particular, him hurling Asajj -- a being for who all intents and purposes is Depa's superior TK wise -- for a solid distance suggests to me he can do the same to Billaba. His hype and other achievements support my theory: he's collapsed cave entrances, been deemed one of the most powerful Jedi in galactic history, manipulated Pod Hunters through TK, and held half a crumbling bridge with the aid of Tano. He just strikes me as more powerful... And so far that's the only notable advantage either of the combatants have.

Neither is noticeably faster than the other, neither is noticeably stronger than the other, and neither is a better duelist than the other in a combative sense(though I'd probably argue in Plo's favour in 2/3 of those categories if I am forced to choose). With that, the power edge will likely be the most deciding one and in that case: Plo is superior.

Thus, I think the Kel Dor takes it. The ball's in your court, hon.

Fated Xtasy
Well. Gonna kiss my weekend goodbye it seems.

Half-assed response will come in a span of two days.....ish

chingchangwalla
Let's dance...

https://media.giphy.com/media/n0KUVQRm8VxlK/giphy.gif

I'll keep things short and simple: Depa really has no significant advantages in this fight to net her a majority.

She might have a physical advantage in terms of strength, but that wouldn't matter much given Plo's capability of matching Savage in a bladelock, one-handed:

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/5364687-bladelock.png

The fact that, through the entire fight, not once was there a moment that Opress overwhelmed Plo through strength, I find it doubtful Depa's strength advantage would matter.

Regarding endurance, they strike me as relatively on par; both have managed to keep fighting after a gruesome injury. For Depa, I'm of course referring to her taking a slash to the back from Grievous, and for Plo that'd have to be a kick from an enraged Opress to the face:

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/5364688-kick+to+da+face.png

And regarding speed, I'd probably see Koon as superior. He's taken down a battalion of droids and ran across a massive distance simultaneously, in the amount of time it takes a droid to say three words.

But none of these gaps should really be big enough to make any difference, tbh. Though, I do believe Plo's speed would be a bigger advantage than Depa's strength, given how the gap is likely bigger and Plo has never been phased by facing strength duelists even stronger than Depa, meanwhile speed-based offensives, with a hint of strength to them, did seem to overwhelm Billaba(looking at her fight with Grievous).

Regarding skill, Depa's certainly his technical superior, i.e. she mastered more forms and refined her skill to a higher degree. However, who is combatively superior is sorta hard to determine. On the one hand, Plo fought Asajj with a broken arm(which, despite being a rather small hinderance, was still a hinderance nonetheless), to somewhat of a stand-still and stalemated Savage Opress for a lengthy period of time, even landing several hits on Opress. Now, while the Clones did aid Koon, it's worth noting they were all dispatched by Opress just waving his hand, and in one point were more hinderances than assets(they forced Koon to lower his guard, thus allowing Savage to rip his mask off).

While Plo is possibly inferior to either Asajj or Savage, he's certainly comparable. Similarly, Depa has an excellent performance on Grievous, to the point where she manages to disarm him... just to nearly get cleaved in half and driven into a desperate retreat.

Of course, this shouldn't be held against her, but this is TCW/Canon Grievous we're talking about and his track record isn't exactly the greatest. Sure, he's a talented warrior, but compared to his EU self he's by all account inferior, and even in juxtaposition to Savage and Asajj he's only their rival, in-canon.

So, if anyone is a better combative duelist, that'd be Plo given a superior performance against threats of similar calibre, but as duelists they're nigh-evenly matched.

And when we get to Force Powers, I see Plo taking an advantage. His feats are just superior, and his usage of it in combat just strikes me as better than Depa's. In particular, him hurling Asajj -- a being for who all intents and purposes is Depa's superior TK wise -- for a solid distance suggests to me he can do the same to Billaba. His hype and other achievements support my theory: he's collapsed cave entrances, been deemed one of the most powerful Jedi in galactic history, manipulated Pod Hunters through TK, and held half a crumbling bridge with the aid of Tano. He just strikes me as more powerful... And so far that's the only notable advantage either of the combatants have.

Neither is noticeably faster than the other, neither is noticeably stronger than the other, and neither is a better duelist than the other in a combative sense(though I'd probably argue in Plo's favour in 2/3 of those categories if I am forced to choose). With that, the power edge will likely be the most deciding one and in that case: Plo is superior.

Thus, I think the Kel Dor takes it. The ball's in your court, hon.

Not bad

MythLord
@ChingChangWalla
https://media.giphy.com/media/3osxYysXUN2GxYngT6/giphy.gif

@Fated
I'll be waiting.

MythLord
Bump for Fated, tbh.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Plo Koon being Plo Koon is enough to say Yaddle is >>>>>>>>>him smile
Same for Depa smile

UCanShootMyNova
Fated if you're busy I could take over tbh. smile

MythLord
Oh, plz do... If Fated agrees, that is.

UCanShootMyNova
Tbh I've been thinking of adopting Depa as a fave and getting the chance to argue COMPOSITE Depa should be a lot of fun.

MythLord
mmm

Fated Xtasy
Nope.

I've been injured and Overwatch is undergoing maintenance.

MY TIME IS NOW(lemme limp to my room and change first)

JKBart
close this thread please

it's been already done

here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t339061.html

UCanShootMyNova
Nope.

I've been injured and Overwatch is undergoing maintenance.

MY TIME IS NOW(lemme limp to my room and change first)

Did you mean changing your gender or...

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Did you mean changing your gender or...

Clothing...?

UCanShootMyNova
Just curious given the length of time.

MythLord
This is a special occasion, Will, he requires his finest outfit.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.