Maul & Kylo Ren vs Kenobi & Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
What do you think Sheep? Or do you mouth-breathers already have your pre-conceived ideas?

Jmanghan
Kylo Ren gets stomped by any of them, so he's a non factor.

Maul and Kenobi is close, but I'd give it to Kenobi 6/10 times.

Dooku one-shots Ren, possibly.

Kurk
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Kylo Ren gets stomped by any of them, so he's a non factor.

Maul and Kenobi is close, but I'd give it to Kenobi 6/10 times.

Dooku one-shots Ren, possibly.
You underestimate Ren's power. Don't be so certain with Kenobi vs Maul. Rebels Maul is on Vader's level and has better overall showings in canon.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kurk
You underestimate Ren's power. Don't be so certain with Kenobi vs Maul. Rebels Maul is on Vader's level and has better overall showings in canon. He explicitly stated that he would lose to Vader.

Ren has done nothing to put him near these men.

Ren got tagged by a stormtrooper, a stormtrooper who'd get beaten by your average clone.

X1 as a clone would stomp the shit out of Finn.

He also got beaten by Rey, so thats....

Like, do I really need to explain why thats embarrassing?

Balta Skywalker
What a boring matchup, dude...
Team 2 stomps!

Kurk
He explicitly stated that he would lose to Vader.

Ren has done nothing to put him near these men.

Ren got tagged by a stormtrooper, a stormtrooper who'd get beaten by your average clone.

X1 as a clone would stomp the shit out of Finn.

He also got beaten by Rey, so thats....

Like, do I really need to explain why thats embarrassing?
You can't take what Maul said literally. Take a look at the thread Quanchi made and perhaps you will think outside the box.
Ren has shown superior force application. He stopped a blaster bolt and froze a force sensitive. He would easily stomp Kenobi with the force. Kenobi has a weak force barrier. Ren was injured in that fight and the femi-nazi's made sure that a female with no training would win for feminist power and entitlement. Time to think independently here.

Jmanghan
No longer taking this seriously.

Balta Skywalker

Lol

quanchi112

@Kurk

http://i.makeagif.com/media/6-12-2015/OF9za-.gif

AncientPower
Jman, that 'stormtrooper' is the most elite in the entire Order, furthermore Kylo is stated to enjoy their little bout before Kylo slaughters him. Kylo at this point was having difficulty even standing after the bowcaster shot he was tanking, something that severely hindered his ability to use basic telekinesis on objects.

relentless1
Dooku/Kenobi slaughter, Kylo is by far the weak link here.

chingchangwalla
Dooku one shots Kylo

MythLord
Nobody's one-shotting anybody, tbh. But Kenobi and the Count take it.

Kurk
Fine, stay ignorant for all I care.
Originally posted by AncientPower
Jman, that 'stormtrooper' is the most elite in the entire Order, furthermore Kylo is stated to enjoy their little bout before Kylo slaughters him. Kylo at this point was having difficulty even standing after the bowcaster shot he was tanking, something that severely hindered his ability to use basic telekinesis on objects.
At last, someone with the most basic of common sense.
Originally posted by relentless1
Dooku/Kenobi slaughter, Kylo is by far the weak link here.
If anything, Kenobi is the weak link here by far. Both Ren and Maul could one shot him with the force if they wanted.
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Dooku one shots Kylo
Don't be so certain.
Originally posted by MythLord
Nobody's one-shotting anybody, tbh. But Kenobi and the Count take it.
Do you have actual reasons as to why? Ren has shown superior force feats. How many other jedi/sith have stopped a blaster bolt like that or frozen a force user in their tracks? I gurantee that both weak-ass Kenobi and Dooku would not be able to live, let alone stand and fight had they been shot by a bow-caster or severed in half. Rethink your options if you're as wise as you think.

Darth Thor
Rebels Maul is on Vader's level and has better overall showings in canon.

Only on Vader's level? So Vader sill has a shot at taking him down? Your Master will have your head for this.

Trocity
Fine, stay ignorant for all I care.

At last, someone with the most basic of common sense.

If anything, Kenobi is the weak link here by far. Both Ren and Maul could one shot him with the force if they wanted.

Don't be so certain.

Do you have actual reasons as to why? Ren has shown superior force feats. How many other jedi/sith have stopped a blaster bolt like that or frozen a force user in their tracks? I gurantee that both weak-ass Kenobi and Dooku would not be able to live, let alone stand and fight had they been shot by a bow-caster or severed in half. Rethink your options if you're as wise as you think.

Cringe.

Jmanghan
Jman, that 'stormtrooper' is the most elite in the entire Order, furthermore Kylo is stated to enjoy their little bout before Kylo slaughters him. Kylo at this point was having difficulty even standing after the bowcaster shot he was tanking, something that severely hindered his ability to use basic telekinesis on objects. Stormtrooper thats top of his class and is trained in melee combat still = stormtrooper.

They are fodder, and they've always been fodder.

Difficulty standing, but he could fight just fine? Thats inconsistent.

Didn't stop him from blasting Rey into a gigantic tree and KO'ing her for like 3 minutes.

AncientPower
Stormtroopers of the First Order, unlike the Galactic Empire, are super soldiers trained since birth to combat Jedi, among other things. Kylo Ren isn't even seriously dueling him until the second half of the duel when Kylo takes the gloves off and rips him a new one.

Difficulty standing up, thus his ability to fight was diminished. The pain also clouded his mind, as did killing his father. It got worse and worse as he exerted himself.

Read the novel.

Jmanghan
Stormtroopers of the First Order, unlike the Galactic Empire, are super soldiers trained since birth to combat Jedi, among other things. Kylo Ren isn't even seriously dueling him until the second half of the duel when Kylo takes the gloves off and rips him a new one.

Difficulty standing up, thus his ability to fight was diminished. The pain also clouded his mind, as did killing his father. It got worse and worse as he exerted himself.

Read the novel. Stomping 20 FO Stormtroopers in Melee Combat one at a time while badly injured and beyond depressed wouldn't strike me as impressive, even if Finn was among them.

All Soldiers are Fodder to Jedi, yes, even my beloved X2 and X1.

Anyway, they aren't even the best soldiers, that goes to the Clone Troopers.

NewGuy01
What do you think Sheep?

I think sheep shouldn't be capitalized in that sentence.

Yep.

AncientPower
Stomping 20 FO Stormtroopers in Melee Combat one at a time while badly injured and beyond depressed wouldn't strike me as impressive, even if Finn was among them.

They are trained to face Jedi in CQC melee combbat, from birth, amd Finn was the best. What makes that fodder innthe slightest? I also point again to a fact you ignored completely, Finn tagged him because Kylo was having fun with the traitor. Then he easily stomped Finn when he got serious.

Unless you have any evidence suggesting Finn wadn't the best of the best of his batch, the most promising batch yet, then I'd suggest you just shut up already.

Jmanghan
They are trained to face Jedi in CQC melee combbat, from birth, amd Finn was the best. What makes that fodder innthe slightest? I also point again to a fact you ignored completely, Finn tagged him because Kylo was having fun with the traitor. Then he easily stomped Finn when he got serious.

Unless you have any evidence suggesting Finn wadn't the best of the best of his batch, the most promising batch yet, then I'd suggest you just shut up already. Because they couldn't actually take Jedi..

AncientPower
Nice head-canon, Jman.

Jmanghan
Nice head-canon, Jman. -Trained to fight Jedi-

-Would actually get stomped by a Padawan-

:/

AncientPower
Source for Finn getting stomped by a padawan?

Zenwolf
I think this whole 'trained to fight Jedi' thing is being blown up too much. It's one thing to say that they are, it's another entirely to do so.

Plus what Jedi? Luke's Jedi? Who we know nothing of, nothing of their capabilities and were all essentially wiped out by Ren and the Knights of Ren(possibly?)??

There's no....like hard evidence, also as I'm reading, select Troopers the Riot Control Troopers are trained in riot tactics, not fighting Jedi.

There's more evidence pointing to that, then there is to them fighting Jedi. Sure it's noted that Hux was inspired by the Jedi to create the First Order training....but what does that even mean exactly?

Bringing up the weapons and equipment as being lightsaber resistant is fine and dandy but...so? Great the equipment can stand up to a lightsaber, that doesn't really mean anything. Someone could have themselves an Electrostaff, does that mean they expect to fight Jedi? No. Or a Cortosis blade? No.

It's fine if the FO ST are trained to fight Jedi, but I need something clear cut, maybe in the next movie they'll show this...but as of now? I don't see anything straight to the point, most of it seems kinda shaky to me.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I think this whole 'trained to fight Jedi' thing is being blown up too much. It's one thing to say that they are, it's another entirely to do so.

Plus what Jedi? Luke's Jedi? Who we know nothing of, nothing of their capabilities and were all essentially wiped out by Ren and the Knights of Ren(possibly?)??

There's no....like hard evidence, also as I'm reading, select Troopers the Riot Control Troopers are trained in riot tactics, not fighting Jedi.

There's more evidence pointing to that, then there is to them fighting Jedi. Sure it's noted that Hux was inspired by the Jedi to create the First Order training....but what does that even mean exactly?

Bringing up the weapons and equipment as being lightsaber resistant is fine and dandy but...so? Great the equipment can stand up to a lightsaber, that doesn't really mean anything. Someone could have themselves an Electrostaff, does that mean they expect to fight Jedi? No. Or a Cortosis blade? No.

It's fine if the FO ST are trained to fight Jedi, but I need something clear cut, maybe in the next movie they'll show this...but as of now? I don't see anything straight to the point, most of it seems kinda shaky to me.

Its on the Lucas Forums or something.

"Official" Moderators confirmed that they train in the Jedi Arts, and now everyone is claiming its true.

Jmanghan
Besides, Clones are trained to fight with Electrostaffs and Force Pikes as well.

Kurk
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Only on Vader's level? So Vader sill has a shot at taking him down? Your Master will have your head for this.
He's on Vader's tier solidly. Not his equal but superior.
Originally posted by Trocity
Cringe.
Try some anxiety medicine. Then come back and provide an argument for a change.

Read the novel.
https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlMq2NrXaobCOju/giphy.gif
I encourage you to join our cause and leave these ignoramuses behind.
Stomping 20 FO Stormtroopers in Melee Combat one at a time while badly injured and beyond depressed wouldn't strike me as impressive, even if Finn was among them.

How many clone troopers are there that are trained to defeat saber wielders?
http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/traitor-stormtrooper-gif.gif
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I think sheep shouldn't be capitalized in that sentence.

Yep.
Is that the best you can do?

Zenwolf
Its on the Lucas Forums or something.

"Official" Moderators confirmed that they train in the Jedi Arts, and now everyone is claiming its true.

The only thing I know about them and Jedi, is that Hux was inspired by them to create the FO training...but if there's something about them specifically trained in the Jedi Arts, then that would lean more towards them training to fight Jedi.

McP
Team 2, not even close

Kurk
Originally posted by McP
Team 2, not even close
Think again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.