Dating recommendations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Genesis-Soldier
So I am really hitting it off with this girl. We have ALOT in common from clothing styles, Food, games, Movies and attitudes... We are kinda tip toeing around the dating idea as we are both a little nervous about asking each other.

Here is the down part... She looks EXACTLY like my first GF who was absolutely bat shit insane and talks just like her

I do in fact realise as an 18yr old I should be able to determine who to date and what not but it is really creepy.

Any thoughts ? Stories or experiences that you lovely lad and ladies could offer as advice ?

riv6672
While the rational me says go for it despite the resemblance, the emotional me knows that can be off putting, even in a non dating context, so i'm not blowing off your feelings here.
I've gotten freaked by lookalikes, i think everyone has at some point; its frikin' weird!

I say go for it; maybe get her a hat?

Flyattractor
....Oh wait this isn't the Suicide Thread .....never mind...

Nuke Nixon
One thing to keep in mind, just because she may look like someone don't mean she had the same experiences or thought processes, different baggage affects people differently.

That said, watch for red flags, don't let the emotion blind you, she starts feeling froggy you peace out.

Flyattractor
I say Bump Her box then head for the nearest Exit Tube.

Nuke Nixon
He's still young, he has to get combat experience, get shot up and dragged under a tank, has to get kicked around some...

Flyattractor
But Dating is much worse then actually doing any of that stuff.

Nuke Nixon
Hehe yeah!

Flyattractor
Dating is HELL man.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/1200x/d4/9c/65/d49c65d6bce9a4b22f70d77fd26410f2.jpg

Jmanghan
I say go for it.

I mean, you don't grow peanuts in a tractor in the snow, do ya?

You don't roast marshmallows in space?

So why should it matter?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Jmanghan

I do all the time.

Nuke Nixon
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I mean, you don't grow peanuts in a tractor in the snow, do ya?

You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off of old Lone Ranger
and you don't mess around with ...dating.

Flyattractor
Yeah. Tuggin on Capes is for WUSSIES!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/XLE7EMLbhkA/hqdefault.jpg

Nuke Nixon
The problem with Lobo sucker punching Supes is the typical writer will just have him no sell it the next panel and take any additional punches like nothing. Consistency is not a word comic book writers know.

Flyattractor
And that is a big reason I don't read mainstream comics anymore.

Nuke Nixon
I don't because of all the stupid crossover events they have all the time, confusing as all heck.

Flyattractor
...well one of MANY Reasons why....

riv6672
Many MANY reasons...

Flyattractor
Many many MANY reasons that all = up to them just being SHIT!

Surtur
Well it's up to you. Is your first gf a source of pain for you? Or are you over it? If it indeed is a source of pain and it triggers when you see her then I would say don't date her. If you are over it I would say the more time you spend together the more you'll begin to see her how she isn't like the other girl.

Genesis-Soldier
first gf is a source of bad memories and abuse

thou going back to Riv's and Nuke's advice
she is her own person which is what I like and I should be careful about how I go about this

I suppose this will be a step in my life experiences (whether it is positive or negative I shall find out)

riv6672
GL, Gen. thumb up

Flyattractor
Taking Dating Advice from Old Married Farts!?

WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO!?:

Nuke Nixon
You gonna get driving lessons from a student or someone that's driven down all the roads and seen all the conditions from bad to worse?

Flyattractor
Well I guess that kind of makes sense... to get some What NOT to do advice from guys that survived the driving off of a cliff....

riv6672
You takes your chances on the WWW, yo. wink

Flyattractor
Always make sure you got yer virus protection up to date yo!!!!!!!!

riv6672
Zika!!!

Nuke Nixon
Originally posted by Flyattractor
What NOT to do advice from guys that survived the driving off of a cliff....

Doing a little of that recently...

Flyattractor
Nukey Coyote.

riv6672
Update us, Gen!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.